Chapter 22
86 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join the discord:https://discord.gg/JzyCkr4Vb5


For the next few days, Shen Yue was having trouble finding information about Xu Dun. After all, nobody wanted to be known as a snitch. How else would they get their drugs? Not to mention the risk they would take if they were exposed or knew about something important. Despite the now numerous books he read, applying them to an ongoing investigation was difficult when you are on a time limit.

Now he hid, sitting in an alleyway;  observing the busy traffic of people walking through the streets and entering other alleys to do their business. Luckily these streets were cleaned on a routine basis every morning by the community otherwise where would the killers, drug dealers, and other organized criminals do their jobs?

Not in the filth!

"What should I do, Itachi?" Shen Yue asked his crow, rubbing his head in worry.

"Caw Caw" Responded the crow before flying in the air and circling before landing back on Shen Yue's shoulder.  Suggesting he start over and do something else instead of running around in circles.

"Thanks, I guess." Said Shen Yue smiling at his crow before getting up and deciding to change the way of investigation.  He walked out of his current alleyway and searched for a good target to mug, investigation cost money, and hoping for someone to give information with his current weak strength and lack of funds was a pipe dream.

Shen Yue then spotted a heavy-set man who looked a bit dazed and distressed before he turned into a dark nearby alley. 

He was more apathetic than usual, betrayal and having his first life and death fight squashed most of the pity he would have, however he was still hesitant killing a human and killing a boar were two different things for him but he needed to preform an assassination for the first mission so he will investigate before killing this man for practice and if he did something deplorable he would have no mercy.

Deciding to follow him, Shen Yue did his best to sneak out of the alley and blend into the crowd; before entering the next alley where his target stood in the darkness very nervously. The target had blond hair and rough skin with a big pot belly and a slightly ugly face. He was a bit tall standing at a total of 6 Ft, and based on appearance looked about 35 years old. 

The man had blood on his shirt, pants, and hands, even worse was a weird pink blush and white powder on his face as he stood not alone but alongside some others who minded their own business dealing drugs in the alley.

"Dam,  they really left the bitch's body here after I provided them a fresh recruit." Said the pot belly man excitedly before preceding to take down his pants and do unspeakable things to it. Angering and disgusting Shen Yue as well as the others in the crowd  who looked pissed off as well.

Before the crowd could get the fat man, Shen Yue walked calmly behind the man making sure as to not give away his evil intent. He avoided eye contact and kept his gaze straight ahead and under the witness of other members of the alley activating his Overlord[1] ability.

Energy flooding his body he felt an enhanced sense of control and freedom, enjoying the feeling he reached subtly and quickly into his pocket. During his time at the compound, he had made sure to bring the weapons he needed for the mission, so before the others could blink killed his target with a quick slit of the neck before stealing the pants and leaving to avoid being counter robbed by others in the alleyway.

Turning off his Overload ability to avoid future strain on his young body; Shen Yue blended into the streets, walking towards a nearby bar in the red district of the slums as it was the best way to get information.

He had an hour walk, so with plenty of time to think about what he has just done he felt slightly disgusted but found that he had no real amount of empathy for that man he killed for the money.

Searching for his pockets he found a good amount of cash, enough needed to buy a great amount of drugs here as it seemed that ugly bastard planning on getting more high after his excursion. So after getting the cash threw away the bloodied pants.

After one hour of walking, he arrived at the smelliest and filthiest place he had seen, causing him to move to the side of the street and a nearby alley as he felt nauseous. Shen Yue's stomach churned vigorously as he attempted to hold in the vomit, but after another ten minutes he couldn't help it.

'Itachi this place is disgusting, I can't hold it in any longer!' Not able to hold himself back from the smell Shen Yue vomited vigorously into the alleyway before quickly leaving.

The streets and alleyways were a gross mix of red and white with the occasional foul odor of poop and a heavy mix of perfumes that came from the "Red" houses.  Making his way through the sludge Shen Yue sat down on a bar stool and ordered a small amount of wine .

Which for children here was drinkable, beside this world's version of coconut milk to fulfill their need for water.

Although tempted, he didn't drink as Shen Yue didn't trust the unknown diseases and bacteria that would be in the cup, but the slightly smelly and tinted bar stool cushion didn't help.

It didn't take long before hearing news about Xu Dun after buying the people around him a few drinks.

"That man Xu Dun, I don't know what happened to him but he became the boss of the wicked blade gang and vice leader of the Dragon group!" Shouted a drunk old man who reminded him a bit of someone while loudly telling the news to anyone who could hear.

A slight grin appeared on Shen Yue's face but quickly went away, if it wasn't for the uncomfortable lengths he went through to make him look like another poor but vicious kid then he would have been fed to the demons by now.

So despite his previous bold action he at heart didn't want to draw attention to himself at the moment.

Titling the straw hat on his head Shen Yue listened quietly and paid for the drinks alongside other services he arranged to happen at that bar. So with the money paid headed to the wicked blade gang headquarters to do some infiltration and disable the guards.

With him and his crow as silent as possible, he looked around the headquarters before finding a labor kid with roughly the same height and hair as him. But sadly he was surrounded by other people making it impossible for him to infiltrate.

Well, that was the case until the children surrounding his target started beating him viciously to the point where no one knew if he was alive or dead.  After five minutes they leave, giving Shen Yue the opportunity to switch positions and after lugging away the dead kid's body and making a makeshift grave he replaced his clothes with corpses.

'As thanks, if I am strong enough one day I will revive you.

Mabey, I am a main character and what happened earlier was just one of the many plot points in a story since it's been going well so far but if that's the case then where's my harem of 1000 jade beauties? ' Thought Shen Yue as he changed clothes.

'I want to get out of here, as I spend a longer time in this world the more I am disgusted by it.  Especially this area, but I still need to find Xu Dun and know his strength' Thought Shen Yue in his mind before sending his crow to search for Xu dun whose whereabouts are mostly unknown even by his close subordinates.

Shortly after arriving at the post the supervisor came and started to check everyone's tasks and it wasn't long before it was his turn.

"Chu Sheng Xiang, it seems you finished your punishment for tardiness; very well then,  follow your usual schedule, and here's a list.  After receiving my first beating I don't remember who I was for a week straight." said the supervisor handing a list to Shen Yue before leaving.

'I wonder if I would have a chance to kill Xu dun during these tasks.  But I don't want to look suspicious. I currently need to follow them,' Shen Yue said while regulating his breathing.

After the supervisor left;  Shen Yue observed the list of tasks and found that he had to: move and organize different drugs, sort through trash for valuable objects, and even hunted down some rodents with the other kids.

Not having much of a choice besides quitting his tasks he fulfilled his duties while avoiding his current identity's previous bullies. It was difficult but since his tasks this week were relatively important he was left alone for the most part.

'Children are so cruel' Thought Shen Yue in his mind before resuming work and investigating more information about the facility he works at.

Thus after finishing his tasks searched again for Xu Dun's information, during that time he learned that he had to go report what he saw while doing his tasks and head over to a report room where they store their records and receive reports of mission details.

So after a week of working in these conditions he learned from a guard that the security of the report room has loosened due to the recently need manpower, the idiot boss Xu Dun didn't think about consequences so there was currently a war going on thus the need for more soldiers.

Knowing that this was the perfect chance to get the information he required, before making his report,  Shen Yue found drugs when inhaled had a hallucinogenic and paralysis effect.

Then prepared himself to break into the room bringing a common lockpick, a gas mask made by himself, gloves from his drug-dealing job, a crossbow from the weapons room and skin/eye irritants where he found his earlier drugs.

The job as simple as the people here had no cultivation were minions of a larger gang who served the dark guild the defenses here were relatively simple and at this point, all he needed to do was Break in and poison the keeper alongside any possible guards.

To start the he first knocked with a secret code on the door to the report room. While he waited for a response he observed the environment a bit more and found that the designs of the hallway reminded him of Orochimaru's hideout in Shippuden.

But before further thoughts could be made he was answered the speakeasy door had the sliding part open with two dark brown eyes showing.

"What do you wish to report, speak now or the guards shall come." Said the keeper as rude as usual.

"I have a written report sir where do I place it?" Shen Yue asked while holding his parcel laced with irritants.

Thankfully he brought the gloves or this situation would be different than what he wanted and since the keeper never cared for his other co-workers he didn't recognize Shen Yue being there last week as in his opinion had better things to do.

"Hmph, just drop it off here for processing, wait for me to open the drop-off slot." The keeper responded to which Shen Yue gladly gave the infected package to the keeper who picked it up without gloves.

Caught off guard from the intense itching,  the Keeper forgot to close the speakeasy and Shen Yue delivered while throwing the poison gas  through the speakeasy  which caused the Keeper to be paralyzed.

Placing on a mask he began picking open the door lock, Shen Yue then silently and carefully moved the Keeper to another place in the room before closing and locking the door and looking for information involving Xu dun.

But when Shen Yue had finally found some information on Xu Dun he was shocked and disgusted at what they were doing.

"𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕖."

0