Chapter 7: My Food Tastes Too Sweet…
382 8 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was now dinner time as we had finished cooking. 

Like my Dad said, we made hamburger steak and had potatoes on the side. Of course, homemade sauce too. 

My parents, who had been waiting for us, had laid the table and eagerly awaited the food I'd made with a cute girl…. 

Lilly was still a bit shy since, well… the incident earlier made things pretty awkward. Or, well, more like I’m being more uncomfortable. 

“Dude, your defense sucks.” Said The No’s. 

Ignoring the No’s in my head. 

Lilly had called out to me. 

“L-Luke….” 

But I wasn’t actually sure how to respond… I took a considerable amount of damage, you know? 

Just looking at her reminded me of the hug from earlier… When she hugged me back…. Wait, do I like her? Nonononono. I’m not that easy. Definitely not that easy! 

“Dude, why the dumb pride?” No.3 Commented. 

“I didn’t call for you!” I yelled at No.3. 

“Chill, No.0, we’re just a bit jealous. And also, No.3 is right.” 

“No.3 and No.2, aren’t you a bit harsh on No.0? Everyone needs some pride….” 

“... Screw you guys.” 

As I had a convoluted conversation with myself at ultra speed, Lilly called out to me again. 

“Luke?” 

She looked at me with concern and got a little closer. 

“Oh? Umm… yes?” 

“I-I was wondering if we forgot something….” 

“Oh? Let me think, oh yeah. I forgot to turn on the coffee machine.” 

“Then? Should I start serving?” 

Looking at her made my heart jump, so I tried avoiding looking into her beautiful moon-like eyes as much as possible. 

“No, well… You can go sit and wait with my parents…. I need to prepare some desserts too.” 

“I… can’t help?” 

She looked a little down which made me feel slightly guilty. 

“... Okay, you can start serving, and I will make the coffee and prepare the desserts.” 

I know I’m acting weird, but I can’t help it…. 

—::::— 

After everything was finished, Lilly and I took a seat and sat across from my parents. 

My Dad looks expressionless as always, and Mom… well, she’s fine. I think this is a good time to start introducing them. 

“Mom, Dad, this is Lilly, a classmate of mine.” 

As I said that, I started to feel slightly shy… why does it feel like I’m introducing them to a girlfriend!?

“Oh? Just classmates? *sigh… you still have no friends.” 

“.... I got your genes.” 

As I said that, Dad gave me a sharp look. 

“Ya said something?” 

And I gave the same stern look back.

(Yeah! Come at me, old man!) 

He read my message and a vain seemingly popped. 

Dad and I had a little fun father and son time nabbing each other before mother stepped in. 

“Calm down! Luke, Honey! More importantly!” 

She then looked over at Lilly.

“My name is Celia, and this is my husband, Andros!” 

It seemed like Mom had gotten back some of her energy…. 

Dad looked at Lilly and nodded.

“Nice to meet you, Lilly, and thanks for making food today.” 

Lilly became flustered and shook her head ever so slightly. 

“No… I didn’t do much. Luke was the one doing everything….” 

Well, what she said wasn’t a lie… but she was undermining her contribution. 

I looked at her, and I could feel my face getting hotter as I looked into her pretty eyes. 

“That’s not true, you did a great job….” 

Lilly was happily looking at the food we made together and fidgeted around with her fingers. 

Her ears were slightly red, and her lips were wobbly as if she was trying to not smile. 

Eventually giving in, she glanced at me with an adorably shy smile. 

“I wish you could teach me how to cook better….” 

Huh? Am I dead? No, wait, I’m alive. Are the No’s dead? I'm pretty sure she finished them off…. 

Meanwhile, Mom looked like she was staring into the vacuum of space.

Feeling slightly shy myself, I made a suggestion. 

“T… then let's cook together again some other time.” 

After that, I wasn’t able to look her in the eyes and quietly ate my food… did I use a lot of sugar...?

—::::— 

Thank you for reading!

What did you think of the cover? Amazing right!?

8