4. The First Mission
297 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welcome back again 👋🏻

As I mentioned earlier, today I will tell you about my first mission.

The way our village takes missions is that we setup outposts near our border on other lands which we are surrounded by i.e. Land of Fire, Land of Water and Hidden Hot Water.

How did their respective military leaders agree you ask.. well, in Konoha, the Hokage had some reservations at first but due to the First Hokage's Wife's presence he agreed helplessly.

The Hidden Hot Water was a pacifist nation to begin with so they agreed on the terms that some percentage of the money goes to them in return.

Kumo was surprisingly the easiest one to agree. Ever since we sent over some of the seals that were made for entertainment, eg. A seal that can show hologram of a recorded show or remember the graphics you see in Dr. Strange? Yeah, that kind of entertainment to the Daimyo and some beautifying seals for his wife, he gave us full permission 😁 But we have to be careful around Kumo tho.. we all know how much they love jinchuriki candidates.. who knows when those bastards may sneak attack.

Now back to my mission, the one I took was a C-Rank (which may possibly become a B-rank if conflict with ninjas happen) involving guarding a caravan of a wealthy merchant from the border of Hidden Hot Water Village till they reach their trading branch in the Land of Lightning.

After saying my goodbyes to my family, I met with my team mates for this mission. They were Fuji and Izuna. Both of them were elite Chunin, we greeted each other and then set off.

We reached the Land of Hot Water on a boat. Then we went to our outpost where we were supposed to meet the client and his entourage. 

I chatted with our clan members who were working there about the route we had to take and anything else I should be aware of while my team mates were checking the map figuring out the most possible places of attack by bandits or enemy ninjas.

After half an hour, our client has arrived and we set-out for the trip.

During the trip, I was with the merchant on the main carriage and we talked, about business 💰. Although he was skeptical at first due to me looking like a ten year old, I am eight now btw, but as the conversation progressed he was impressed. His name was Yamamoto and he was in his early thirties. He is in the business of trading embroidered clothes 👘 and other fancy decoratives to the nobles in the capital of Land of Lightning. He also had contacts in the capitals of other lands too as he did business with them often. It felt nice talking to him.

My other two teams mates were on the remaining two carriages of our entourage protecting the goods. They got along with the other workers very well. Guess that's an Uzumaki thing, Talk-no-justu that is. 🤔

All this time, I also had my Mind's Eye active. Who knows when some ninja decides to show up and attack us. 

The trip was supposed to take around two months due to the carriages but guess what we did?.. we used anti gravity seals to the carriages to a manageable degree, not too much that it will start floating tho lol. Like that the trip became a three weeks one. The  first two weeks went by without any disturbance.

On the third week as we neared the border of Land of Lightning, we had our first encounter with a band of bumbling babbling baboo- wait wrong script, bandits, yes, 5 bandits who were waiting to rob us!

My teammates were ready to jump in but I wanted to test out my skills a little. Before this, the only adults I fought with were my father and teachers at the academy so yeah. First off I already checked if any of them were ninja or not using Mind's Eye and turns out, there were none.

So I just opened my first gate, what? Don't look at me like that, even though they were not ninja they were holding some pretty sharp things there and I most definitely refuse to die due to my over confidence. 

From their POV, one second they blinked and the kid infront of them wearing a mini black coat disappeared and the next second they were laying flat on the ground with their wallets emptied.

'Tch..these guys didn't even have decent money, guess they are new to bandit business.'

We proceeded with the mission smoothly and along the way, I learnt of some useful contacts from Yamamoto which I will certainly use in the future.

We dropped them off in the capital and we started to return. The journey back was quicker because we are ninjas and don't have to travel at slower pace.

On our way back, we decided to relax a bit in a town in the land of Hot Water. The two of them wanted to go to the hot springs while I decided to see what else was there. So I bade them good bye and started walking here and there.

As I was walking towards a Dango 🍡 stall, the loud cheers from the gambling den caught my attention. 

'Somebody has won big huh..'

I wanted to see what was going inside but I don't think they will allow children inside so.. like the law abiding person I was, I walked away.....

Just kidding, I took a turn which lead to a dead end, applied an invisibility seal and sneaked inside the hall.

There, I saw the magnificent scene of the Legendary Sucker struggling to decide whether to make a dash for it or to hand over a million ryo, with an unwilling face. Guess it's time to meet my cousin for the first time outside of the clan compounds in Konoha or Uzu.

Look forward to it in the next chapter!

While at the same time, my two team mates, Izuna and Fuji were witnessing a weird event outside the Hot springs. A white-hair guy with a bleeding nose and a perverted grin, was being dragged out by a guy with pale skinned man while they were being chased by a group of angry women.

4