Chapter 4 Moving Forward.
137 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 Moving Forward.

After the ten men entered the house and most of the hunters were out searching for his trail The house blew up.

There was Fire and It was horrifying. Everyone's hair stood on end, they were shaking in their shoes, quaking in their boots, or shaking like a leaf. Their hearts were hammering or their hearts were in their mouths and they all broke out in a cold sweat. Their blood ran cold.

The first thing that they noticed about the burning house is not that it is burning, but that it was burning with such intensity. The old witch doctor noticed the house across the narrow street as fire engulfed it from all sides. There was fire everywhere; the roof was on fire, the doors and windows were on fire, and the fire was even coming out of the house through various openings, looking like a fire-breathing dragon was inside the house, puffing away vicariously. The flames burned deep red and amber, almost livid purple as the old witch-doctor saw various villagers trying to put out the fire. Unfortunately, there were still people inside. Nothing inside was likely to survive the fire, The old witch doctor thought as she saw some flames licking up in the air with the wind, trying to catch something else on fire, and finding nothing but air, disappearing into the windy night, like disappointed flutters.

The mood just froze and nobody could talk. There was Pin drop silence in the room.

After a few moments, someone tried to stutter "h…he…he killed them with himself."

"Why is he so hateful? We just wanted to kick him out of the village why did he go so far?"

At that moment a hunter who just returned after seeing the fire came back and questioned them "What happened here? What is going on? Did you find The bastard?"

Just then another hunter came from the southwestern direction "I just found his traces in the southwestern direction. Maybe he left a trap in the house and since those guys were not hunters they fell into his trap and died."

Hearing that everyone was enraged.

Especially Old man Han. He immediately went back to his house and came back with nine oxen.

They all looked strong and healthy. Each one had around three men and women riding it.

The oxen had a maximum speed of sixty-five kilometers per hour( a normal ox would travel around 40 kilometers in our world.

...

A few hours later 

They almost caught Ying Zheng a few times but luckily for him, they were running too fast they did not spot him but would come back to retrace his steps.

So Ying decided to run on the main road or near a place with many footsteps.

So he started going west until he found a road and started running in other people's footsteps for a few minutes then dug a hole in a bush and started waiting for them to pass by 

Which they finally did after half an hour but still he did not get out of the bush.

' I don't believe that they can find me however smart they are '

...

Meanwhile, 

"How can we not find the little bastard?"

"We have been searching for him all night"

"I do not think that the hunters can not find him in the dark"

"Maybe we should just return. I do not believe that he will come back to Peach village and if he does we will kill him."

Everyone was very tired since they had been working all day long.

The old witch doctor saw that old Han had been blinded by anger.

His eyebrows were lowered and pulled closer together. His lips were either tightened or curled inwards The corners of his mouth were pointing downwards.

looking at him the old witch doctor sighed and told him "Sometimes we might suffer a loss in our lives and be set backward but instead of staying in the same place we should not wallow in sorrow forever..." 

As she wanted to continue Old Man Han interjected into the speech she was giving. "You are only saying that because she is not your daughter if she were what would you do?"

Old Han was practically crying at this point.

The old witch doctor didn't stop old man Han and waited for him to calm down.

Old Man Han looked at the old witch doctor and asked "what would you have done if it was your daughter instead of mine huh? tell me what would you do?"

"I do see Young Meimei as my own daughter I swear to you"

The old witch doctor looked around and said but everyone is tired and they can barely move and it is already past midnight."

Then the old witch doctor continued "And this oxen can not be used tomorrow, seeing how tired they are they can barely take us back to the village."

Old Man Han was still unconvinced "just one more kilometer and we might find him"

Seeing Old man Han was unconvinced the old witch doctor said "Go back home your granddaughter needs you now."

The old witch doctor continued"do not leave alone when she needs you the most and even if you catch that bastard..."

The old witch doctor paused for a moment and continued " And even kill him you can not undo what that bastard has been done to your granddaughter ."

I will not lie to you it will not get better. The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over what happened today but I can say you will learn to live with it."

"And with your granddaughter, it will take time but time heals everything. Although the scar will still be there. She will move on with her life."

After hearing that old man Han sighed looked in the direction they were going one more time and turned back.

They all went back.

...

Ying Zheng stayed in his hiding spot for two days until finally could not bear the hunger. He started going in the direction of the road until he met a group of traveling merchants. He decided to move forward 

Finally, a new chapter of his life began.

3