Prologue – C-2
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Havengate woke up. She slowly gets her grip of reality back. She looks around. She is on a bed. She is in a room, that is not hers. Looking around, all Heavengate can see is a very pretty room, laying on a soft bed. Her clothes aren’t rags anymore, but an arrogant dress.
She's very curious about where she's at.
“Ah, you’re awake!” A girl’s voice echoes from outside of the room.
Havengate immediately gets up, ready to battle, no matter who.
The door opens. “Don’t attack me, I just want to talk.” - The girl walks in. She looks like she is at her age, too. Her hair is a little dark mixed with a beautiful shade of blonde, it shines even a little from the sunshine. Her white skin, perfect nails, perfect makeup, all can speak on her meticulousness of preparing herself.
“My name is Mono Charlotte.” She looks at Havengate, smiling towards her. Heavengate let down her guard, a little surprised by her name. “Mono Heavengate.” She glares back, expecting a reaction, and she is corrected.
“My, my, your name is Mono too? This might help us get along even faster then!” Surprise, surprise, 2 girls, different life, yet have the same name. Charlotte seems happy about it, letting out a fragrant smile, giggles even.
“Ehem. I am here to give you an offer.” Charlotte opens her tablet, showing it to Havengate. Havengate is shocked. Her eyes went from relaxing to an emotion that is mixed with anger, scared and shocked. Everyone she worked with at the coal mine. A young girl. An old man. Everyone is blindfolded, not knowing what will happen to them.
“..What do you want?” Havengate looks like she’s about to burst at any moment, but she can’t, cause she knows, if she does, everyone will be gone.
“Simple. You will help me, or tutor me, on how to pilot a Rampager. You were one of them, I knew that.” She smugly looks at Heavengate with a “very” happy face. “If you agree, I will let them free, away from the coal mine, with money to live on their own. If you turn the offer down, they won’t die. It will be worse.” Charlotte whispers into her ear, let alone Havengate’s rage can devour her at any moment.
Charlotte gives Heavengate a kiss on the cheek. Once again, Havengate is shocked, still can’t figure out what this woman’s motive is, or anything else that matters.
“...Fine, I agree.” Havengate finally calms herself down. knowing her friends will be safe. “Great! Lend me your hand.” Charlotte opens her palm, waiting for Heavengate to reach her. Havengate hesitated a little, but finally reached out.
“There is no leaving here. I’m sorry for lying~” She pulls Havengate's finger over the tablet, clicking on the button.
An explosion happened. The screen has lost signal. Havengate still hasn't realized what happened. “Let’s go, shall we, Mono?” Charlotte smiles, like she always does, drag her down the bed, and walks her around the place. “This will be your new home. You will be a part of my family. So I thought it would be nice of me to show you around your new place to stay!”
Havengate cannot hear anything after that explosion. Her inner self is dead. She killed everyone she worked hard for, just because of her innocence.
“And this is..” Charlotte keeps on holding her hand, dragging her everywhere, while Havengate still hasn't got out of her mind.
“I killed my friends..” Havengate says, as little as she sounds, Charlotte can still hear it.
“I can hear the pain in your voice. You have killed your friends, and what does that benefit you? Become a part of my family.” She stops, turns around, and pat on Havengate’s head. “There’s nothing to be sad about. All your friends have gone to a better place, thanks to you.” Every word cuts deep into Havengate’s heart.
“I will give you everything you need, so you don’t have to think about them anymore.” Charlotte keeps on patting.
Havengate pushed her down, right in the middle of the hall, pinned her down on the floor. Her eyes are filled with the intention of killing Charlotte. Charlotte looks back at her, no longer smiling. Havengate’s grabbing her hands even harder, that she might break Charlotte’s bones.
“Kill me if you want. I know you want to do it.” Charlotte speaks, as she looks eye to eye at Havengate. Realising what she's done, Havengate lets go slowly, and sits down at the corner of the hall.
“Killing you won’t bring them back. All 42 of them.” She closes herself in, doesn’t know what to do next.
Charlotte, still laying on the floor, thinking about something. “You’re an altruistic person.” She hops herself back, cleaning the dust on her short skirt. “You forgave me even when I led you into killing your friends.” She walks closer to Havengate. “Don’t come here. I don’t wanna talk to you.”
“They aren’t dead.” Charlotte reaches her hand to Havengate’s chin, raising her face up, then looks directly into her eyes again. Heavengate’s pupils are wide open again. She cannot get what this woman thinks, again. “I was just playing with you. My people only paralyzed all of you with anaesthetic. Sorry for playing with your feelings.”
Havengate leans forward, suddenly hugs Charlotte. “Thank God, they’re fine..” She cries, as she speaks while hugging Charlotte. All she needs right now is a shoulder to rest on. “There, there.” Charlotte comforts her, holding her head, letting it rest on her.
They both are walking again, but this time, Heavengate is going after Charlotte, not getting dragged anymore. “I lied to you though.” Charlotte stops and looks back at Heavengate. “What do you mean by that?” Hevengate looks confused. “I won’t set them free. They will still be working here. But don’t worry, based on how well you behave, I might give them some benefits too.” Charlotte speaks, smiling again, towards Hevengate, looking disappointed, but a little happy inside after hearing the later part of her sentence.
“So, what should we call each other? We are both named Mono, it would be hard for everyone to call us.” Charlotte asks Havengate.
“Call me Haven. I will call you Charlotte.” Havengate looks at her, waiting for her response.
“I like it!” Charlotte jumps out of excitement. “But before that, I think we should get you a shower..” Charlotte finally slips it out, the thing that she’s been holding the whole time - Haven has not showered for..a short time. A few months. “Oh Fianne! Oh Fianne!” Charlotte shouts in the hall. Haven looks confused, for once again. “You called me, Mistress?” Fianne suddenly appeared right after Haven, got her scared, jumped onto Charlotte’s hands.
“Can you give her a shower? She…stinks!” She closes her nose, as her left hand is still holding, pampering a scared little puppy. “Of course, my Mistress.”

2