Prologue – C-9
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The 3 Federal troops, each go to a different position in the dark. “This is bad..” Haven thinks to herself. She is stuck in the ‘Set B Triangle’. Immediately, she pulls the controllers downward, trying to get out of the deadly situation where she’s at currently. The first bullets were shot. The bullet flies right next to the left waist of ‘Banshee’, with an incredible speed. “This is not a submachine gun speed, this is..!” A sniper. Not letting Charlotte finish her sentence, Haven immediately boosts up the thruster, with the intent of leaving here. But it’s too late.
[TARGET LOCKED]
“Alpha talking, my screen is locked on to her. Over.”
“Omega heard, try to lure her into the right wing, so we can grip her in our claws. Over.”
“Lambda is still spectating. I can find a way to approach her without getting on the radar.”
“I suggest not, considering what we saw earlier..” ‘Alpha’ grasps on his controllers harder, as he’s trying to overcome the loss. The loss of a great guy who just wants to become a helpful person, with a dream of a simple life.
“This is our requiem for you.” ‘Alpha’ clicks. Another bullet flashes to ‘Banshee’, but this time, it was a hit. A hit on the right thruster of the right leg.
What to do, what to do…Haven is still flying in a zig zag, avoiding getting hit as much as possible, because she knows she cannot escape this triangle without getting this machine hurt a little. “This is very bad, they keep on rotating and switching..” Charlotte worries, zooming in and out the screen, but she cannot see a light because out there is pure nothing. Suddenly, Haven opens her eyes wide.
“Hey, Charlotte, do you believe me?”
“I mean, I do, but why’d you ask?” Charlotte seems confused.
“Good, then close your ears.”
Haven boosts the thrusters again. A ‘pow’ sounds. Something has exploded. The troopers zoom in on their screen, and see the explosion came from ‘Banshee’. “An explosion..?” ‘Lambda’ talks on the microphone, to the other 2. What could that possibly mean? ‘Banshee’ exploded? That would be too easy for them. Then, ‘Omega’ realised something. “Hey, you two, move away from your position, formation dissembles, starts to fire rapidly with your submac-” Suddenly, his camera on screen disappeared, and his sentence was cut in the middle. “Hey, Omega! Answer me! What happened?!” Alpha falls into panic, starts to move out of his position, and does what ‘Omega’ just said. “You too, Lambda, be careful!”
They both flew on to the moon, started to defend there, while trying to reconnect to ‘Omega’, but it just seems like he’s completely disconnected. “Alpha talking, are you still at your spot? Over.” His voice started to sound worried, as he’s trying to find the enemies. “Omega here, I am-” [DISCONNECTED] That word has appeared again on Alpha’s screen. “Huh?! Hey, Lambda, can you hear me?! Over! Reply immediately if you can hear me, over!” He started to panic, really fast.
“Finally, I can see one of you.” A walking metallic grey - red piece of robot catwalks slowly toward ‘Alpha’. “You!” He turns around, raises the shield and his gun, ready to fire. “What did you do to my comrades?!” He shouts into the microphone. “Hey, you’re annoying!” Charlotte replies with a silly voice, sounds like she’s trying to mock him out of his smoggy mind. “Don’t worry, they’re alive. And they’re also like you, trying to reconnect. But it won’t work, because I have successfully disconnected all three of you from that explosion. An explosion to interfere with your radars and your way of communication.”
‘Alpha’ is shocking. He remembers learning this back in the Federal’s Academy. It is supposed to be a knowledge that only the Federal knows. How can she know such a thing? Many questions pop on his head. But there is no time for that. “YOU!!” He started to fire, trying to aim towards ‘Banshee’, but it seems like he can’t do it properly without the AAS. Haven easily dodges those bullets, dragging her macesword on the moon’s surface. “This is the end!” She raises the weapon, and leaps toward the man. Suddenly, a few shots were fired from the behind, hurting ‘Banshee’ in the back, making it fall forward to ‘Alpha’. It was ‘Omega’. “You’re joking me..” Haven sighs, trying to stand up from the shots. She hears a ‘Pew’ sound above. Immediately, she swifts to the right, as ‘Lambda’ aims towards her with a claw kick. The dust coming from that kick was unbelievable, as she moved backward, while they three had together formed again. “You may have cut our connection, but we still have our eyes, you brats!” ‘Omega’ seems mad. Three ‘Federal’ Screamer walks out of the dust, as two of them are holding submachine guns, and one opens the 4 arms mode, walking to ‘Banshee’ with its own unique legs - with claws. “We don’t even need to use any tactics against you kids, we can just win! I know, shocking, right?!” ‘Alpha’ laughs, right at the moment when their connection is back.
Haven takes a deep breath. “Just give me a few minutes to prepare.” She asks the Federal people. They nod with their Models.
This is the moment. It’s now or never. She must win in this 3v1, or it all will be the end. “Hey, ‘Banshee’.” Its eyes glow, like it’s replying to Haven. She closes her eyes, and starts to talk with this machine. “This is our first battle together, but it might be the last. So why don’t you lend me some of your power, you ancient junk? I was the one that had discovered you in the coal mine, and thanks to me, now you can freely jump so high, fight so hard. Come on, show me all you got!”
Suddenly, ‘Banshee’ right eye’s lacklustre red mixed with the pale blue now glows even more. A gorgeous garnet.
“The true colour.” Haven’s eyes slowly open. Her right eye has changed to the same colour as the Model’s. Charlotte is amazed. “You can do this?!” She asks. “Everyone can, but not everyone knows.” Haven’s arms get off the controllers, picks Charlotte up like a princess, as the seat is closing down. “Will you sit over there like a nice girl?” Haven looks at Charlotte, directly into the eyes, once again. “Y-yes, I will..” Charlotte is so flustered, that she can’t speak out loud at this point. She slowly crawls to the corner, and grabs on the pole nearby, can’t even look up to Haven.
Two pieces of metal shoes pop out of the seat’s spot. Haven stands on them, locking herself in the position.
[MODEL - RAMPAGER: MANUAL BATTLE SYSTEM ACTIVATED]
Her bangles on the wrists glow, reacting with the screen. She closes her elbows back, while her fists hold upfront. ‘Banshee’ does the same.
“Hey, are you done preparing?!” ‘Alpha’ and his teammates have been waiting for the entire time.
“Come. Join me in the dance.” She does a taunt move, telling them to come at her. To ‘Banshee’.

1