Chapter 2: Hello Darkness, my new friend.
1k 22 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Artoria: “Ahh!! SHIT!!”

 

Waking up screaming and with some panic I rapidly feel around my neck. After confirming that I do indeed have my head and arms back I finally start to calm down.

 

Artoria: “Phew… getting decapitated did not feel great… not great at all.”

 

Shifting on my bed so my legs are off the side I lower my head into my hands to try and completely calm down.

 

Artoria: “I’m fine. I’m fine. I’m alive, and whole. Haaaahhh…”

 

Leaning backwards I put my hands behind me as I look up to the roof of my shitty shack. I take deep breaths and after a few minutes I am finally calmed down.

 

Artoria: “Okay. Okay, I’m good. Hahhh. Now, let’s look back at what I did wrong.”

 

Bringing up my status page, I think back to my attempt on the guard.

 

Name: Artoria Class: N/A Seal integrity: 100% Passives: N/A Dexterity: You can walk and run without tripping. Most of the time. Congrats!
Age: 32 (Appearance 21)  Subclasses: N/A Deaths: 2 Vitality: Well, at least you’re not dying by breathing, right? Wisdom: Well, at least you know where to put the pointy end of a sword.
Sex: Female Alignment: neutral 5 Inner Realm level: 1 Strength: It’s honestly surprising you can even stand on your own two feet! Magic: What’s that? Can you eat it?
Race: Human Corruption: 0% Skills: N/A Defence: A baby could wreck your shit. Mana: As empty of content as a sports video game.
Level: 0 (0%) Soul Energy: 0/100 Spells: N/A Resistance: A light breeze will be able to put you down. Quests: N/A

Soul Weapon: Excalibur Morgan

 

I had made my way back to the asshole who murdered me the first time pretty quickly. But this time, I tried to sneak up on him and take him by surprise.

 

It was going well, until I was directly behind him with my sword raised. As I was about to bring it down, he quickly spun around and cut off my head and arms in a single slash!

 

As my head was slowly starting to slide off my body he fucking laughed at me and resumed walking like nothing even happened!

 

Artoria: “I think I severely underestimated the guard, I must admit. I didn’t even really see the swing of his sword when he killed me. As much as I hate it, I think I’ll have to leave him be for now, and focus on getting stronger first.”

 

With a sigh, I dismiss my display, get up and walk to the door. Opening it, and stepping into the blinding light, I find myself back in the random forest I appeared the other two times.

 

Lightly glaring at the north east, where I would find the guard, I instead head to the south.

 

Artoria: “I think this is deeper into the forest anyway…”

 

After walking for a minute or two, I hear some rustling in a bush a little bit in front of me. I quickly summon Excalibur Morgan, and get into a stance that most real swordsmen would die of embarrassment upon seeing.

 

After waiting for a few more seconds, out came an adult sized rabbit with a fairly long horn in the middle of its head. Seeing it, I let down my guard.

 

Artoria: “Ahh, it’s only a horned rabbit or whatever they are called here.”

 

My voice attracted its attention, and it looked at me. It started to growl at me, but it honestly sounded adorable.

 

Artoria: “Awww, aren't you a cut–”

 

But before I could finish my sentence, the rabbit had blitzed me faster than I could react too, and I was now falling backwards with the bastard's horn in my chest. My anger flared as I realised what just happened.

 

Gritting my teeth, I grabbed the rabbit’s neck with my left hand and brought down my sword onto it with my other. The momentum, as weak as it was, and the weight of my sword helped the swing, and it cut the rabbit in half.

 

Sadly though, the damage was done, and I was going to die again. The little bastard's horn went through my heart.

 

I glared at the dead shits eyes and said, “Not… alone… this.. time at least…”

 

Opening my eyes, I calmly looked at the roof of my shitty soul shack. Anger simmering below my skin.

 

Artoria: “I died again… To a fucking rabbit. Haahhhhh.”

 

Opening up my status, I now had a whole five soul energy.

 

‘I need to go back and kill the rabbit again. And hopefully not die, so I can see just how much soul energy he gives.’

 

With a sigh, I got up and walked to the door.

 

‘At least dying like that didn’t hurt as much as that asshole's sword. A poison or something in the horn maybe?’

 

Shaking my head as I passed through the door, I was about to head back to the bunny when I remembered something.

 

‘Right. I should try to summon my soul shack. Hmmm.’

 

I closed my eyes and focused inside of myself, and I was able to quickly find a “feeling” of it. Opening my  eyes, I will the door to appear and much to my delight, it did.

 

‘Well, that was really easy. Glad for that, but back to hunting myself a rabbit.’

 

Walking south again, I summon my sword early and try to raise what counts as a guard walking through the forest. And sure enough, I found the rabbit in the middle of the path a few minutes later.

 

Gripping my sword in two hands and putting it in front of me, I talk to get the attention of the rabbit.

 

Artoria: “Found you, you little shit. Come at me.”

 

Hearing me, it turned around and growled at me much like the first time. I tensed all my muscles and focused solely on the rabbit. I saw it get lower, kind of like a cat does when it prepares to jump, and got ready to dodge.

 

Much like the first time, it was nearly too fast for me to even see, but fully expecting it and being ready went in my favour. More or less.

 

I had dodged to the left while bringing my sword in the way of where it would collide with the high speed rabbit missile. It succeeded in mutilating itself on my blade, but the force of the rabbit hitting my sword caused me to follow the direction, turning and falling down flat on my face.

 

Artoria: “Ow. Well, at least it’s dead, and I didn’t fully lose my grip on my sword.”

 

Opening up my status, I took note that I now had 15 soul energy.

 

‘So, they give 10, and I lose half of my total energy every death? Damn, dying is going to be a total bitch beyond just… well, dying.’

 

Groaning a bit as I get myself back on my feet, I walk over to my dead prize. Looking down at the rabbit, it’s in a really bad shape. Nearly cut itself in half kind of bad shape.

 

‘I bet if I actually swung my sword and hit the little shit, I’d have cut him clean in half.’

 

Reaching down with my free hand and picking up the rather good imitation of road kill by the back, most of its internal organs and what not fell out of it and on to the ground.

 

Artoria: “Yup. I have no idea what the fuck to do about this. I can’t just magically cook this like all those other isekai protag’s. Hmm.. on that note, I’ve not felt hungry since I’ve gotten here. Well, I’ve died several times, so maybe that also ‘resets’ my hunger?”

 

While I was thinking over what to do, I heard a low growl from behind me. I slowly turn around and what I see is bad news.

 

‘How the fuck did a wolf sneak up on me so easily? I heard nothing! Damn it.’

 

The wolf was bigger than normal ones back in my original world, nearly double the size. It had black fur, and bright yellow eyes. And some pretty large teeth. But I noticed it was mostly looking at the dead rabbit and pile of meat on the ground than me.

 

‘Dumb idea, but it might work. I doubt I’ll get out of this alive if I try to run anyway…’

 

I grip my sword tightly, and wait for the wolf to make its move first. After growling a few more times it seemed to have run out of patience, and started to run at me.

 

While he was really fast, it was much slower than the damn rabbit's blitz charge. So when the wolf was within several metres of me, I threw the rabbit's body at it. As the body was flying towards the wolf, I gripped my sword with both hands, and swung it like a bat at the wolf.

 

The wolf had caught the rabbit out of the air no problem, but was too preoccupied with its new prize to see the sword that was following just behind it. The sword tore through his skull a good 30 or so centimetres. Nearly taking off the entire top half of its face.

 

Breathing heavily from the short amount of activity I had to do, and the adrenaline coursing through me, I was honestly surprised how easily my sword cut the wolf. I smiled at my sword as I let it rest against the forest floor.

 

Artoria: “You may only be B1 rank right now, my companion, but you are still a powerhouse it seems ha ha!”

 

Looking at my new total of soul energy, I gawked as I was at 45 now.

 

‘That wolf gave so much?! Damn, 30 soul energy from a wolf. Now I REALLY want to kill that guard, but I know he is way beyond me still. Now, what to do about these bodies…’

 

Looking around to make sure no more damn wolfs snuck up on me, I confirmed the area was clear for now. I then took the time to take in my surroundings better, and found a tree I should be able to climb with relative ease.

 

‘I’ve got an idea…”

 

I picked up one of the wolf’s back legs and dragged it near the tree. I dismissed my sword, and started to climb up it. It took me a bit longer than I am proud to admit to climb the tree.

 

Artoria: “Holy shit I am out of shape. I feel like I am dying. Anyway, time for a quick test first.”

 

I summon Excalibur Morgan again and hold it over the edge of the tree.

 

Artoria: “Sorry, my companion, but this is for our growth. I trust you understand!”

 

I then simply dropped my sword and it landed with a satisfying thud as the tip of the sword cut into the earth embedding itself halfway up the blade.

 

‘Now for the actual test. Please oh please work!’

 

I concentrated on wanting to store Excalibur Morgan back in my soul and to my absolute delight the sword vanished in a light shimmer of red and black.

 

‘YES! Now, to wait for something to catch the scent of the blood and free kills, baby!’

 

While I was waiting for my first victim to appear, I brought up my status.

 

Name: Artoria Class: N/A Seal integrity: 100% Passives: N/A Dexterity: You can walk and run without tripping. Most of the time. Congrats!
Age: 32 (Appearance 21)  Subclasses: N/A Deaths: 3 Vitality: Well, at least you’re not dying by breathing, right? Wisdom: Well, at least you know where to put the pointy end of a sword.
Sex: Female Alignment: neutral 5 Inner Realm level: 1 Strength: It’s honestly surprising you can even stand on your own two feet! Magic: What’s that? Can you eat it?
Race: Human Corruption: 0% Skills: N/A Defence: A baby could wreck your shit. Mana: As empty of content as a sports video game.
Level: 0 (96%) Soul Energy: 45/100 Spells: N/A Resistance: A light breeze will be able to put you down. Quests: N/A

Soul Weapon: Excalibur Morgan

 

Artoria: “Oh nice, I am almost level 1! Nice to see my soul energy so high too. Almost halfway there.”

 

Just as I was about to close my display, I noticed that my alignment had changed.

 

‘Wasn’t that higher before? I can’t remember by how much, but it was higher no? So, it’s already starting is it? Though, knowing that shitty god, it was already said and done the moment he got his hands on me…’

 

Before I could get further into my hate and regret, another wolf had finally shown up.

 

‘Are these part of a pack, and just hunt solo, or what’s the deal…’

 

Re-summoning my sword, and tried to angle it as best I could at the wolf, and let it drop. I figured that since it was able to stab into the hard ground to nearly half its blade length, it should be enough to kill or at least heavily wound the wolf.

 

Luckily for me, but not for the wolf, my sword landed directly on its back. It collapsed to the ground and started to whine.

 

Artoria: “Ha. I think I severed some shit and paralysed it. Oh well, time to try again.”

 

Summoning my sword back to my hand and dropping it again and this time I hit true as the blade went right through its skull killing it.

 

As it died, I felt a surge of power flow through me. It felt exhilarating, and very addicting honestly.

 

Artoria: “Holy shit, is this what it feels like to level up?! This feels fucking awesome! I don’t even care if this feeling is simply another way for that shitty god to make me want to kill, this is fucking great!”

 

Basking in the euphoria of levelling for a minute till it eventually went away, I summoned my sword back and opened up my status.

 

Name: Artoria Class: N/A Seal integrity: 100% Passives: N/A Dexterity: You can walk and run without tripping. Most of the time. Congrats!
Age: 32 (Appearance 21)  Subclasses: N/A Deaths: 3 Vitality: Well, at least you’re not dying by breathing, right? Wisdom: Well, at least you know where to put the pointy end of a sword.
Sex: Female Alignment: neutral -4 Inner Realm level: 1 Strength: It’s honestly surprising you can even stand on your own two feet! Magic: What’s that? Can you eat it?
Race: Human Corruption: 0% Skills: N/A Defence: A baby could wreck your shit. Mana: As empty of content as a sports video game.
Level: 1 (74%) Soul Energy: 75/100 Spells: N/A Resistance: A light breeze will be able to put you down. Quests: N/A

Soul Weapon: Excalibur Morgan

 

Artoria: “Awesome. Level one. But nothing really special happened at all from the looks of it. All my attributes are the same. My alignment dropped again, but whatever. Pointless to resist what is clearly going to happen. One more wolf, and I can level up to 2, and get my first evolution as well!"

 

Hearing some rustling in the bush, another wolf came out.

 

‘Perfect. Come on you sack of EXP and SE, come to mama.’

 

This one seemed to be a bit more wary of its surroundings, sniffing everywhere. It must have caught my scent, because it looked right at me a few seconds later. Growling at me, it paced around the tree for a few minutes before getting bored after realising I won’t be coming down.

 

‘A big wolf is still just a wolf in the end. Come on you sucker, take the bait.’

 

And unsurprisingly it did. It soon ignored me, and started to eat away at one of the other wolves. Summoning my sword, I tried to aim it at the neck of this wolf, and released it.

 

I ended up missing the neck, but it hit the back of its head, killing it instantly.

 

Artoria: “Not what I was going for, but I’ll take it. Ah!”

 

I once again felt that euphoric feeling of levelling up and moaned in satisfaction. My bliss was interrupted by an alert I didn’t mind one bit though.

 

You have enough soul energy to evolve! Move to your Inner Realm to begin the process.

 

Artoria: “No time like the present!”

 

Still feeling absolutely great from the level up, I summoned my shack's door, and went through. Entering my Realm, I finally came down from my level high.

 

‘It’s a good thing the door doesn’t actually need a floor…’

 

A new display interrupted my musing.

 

Congratulations on getting enough soul energy for your first evolution, Artoria! Please select from the current list. This list is based on your current skills, level, alignment, and abilities as well as your desires. This choice is permanent, and will affect every evolution from this point on, so think about it!

 

There was a really large list of creatures to pick from. Things like Dragons, Elves, Demons, Angels. It was honestly overwhelming. When I selected Dragon, it showed a sub list, and what I would actually start out as.

 

Reading over everything, nothing stood out to me in the Dragon section, so I went back to browsing. But then, thankfully, something caught my attention, like with my sword and name.

 

Fae.

 

When I went into the sub menu, another one caught my attention. It was titled “Demon Empress Dark Fae.” There was no information about it, or even how many evolutions I would need to go through to get to that point. But it did say this was simply the highest evolution it could show for this race of Fae at this time.

 

‘Not even any of the dragons had that notice. Now, where do I start on this evolution path?’

 

Selecting it, brought up the Race I would start out as.

 

Grey Fairy
A race of Fae that have been forsaken by the Light and Nature for some reason or another. But have yet to be fully accepted by the Dark. They have lost all of their connection to Nature, and have been lightly blessed by the Dark.

Intrinsic Skills

Flight, Mana manipulation B1, Illusion magic B1, Amplify Mana B1

 

Artoria: “OOhh. I like that. Illusion magic is my favourite type so that’s already a win. The ability to fly will be a godsend, I can feel it in my bones. And finally having access to mana so I can use my companion like it's meant to be used is great. Plus, I assume that since it is a fairy, I’ll be really small. That should help me survive a bit better.”

 

As I selected Grey Fairy I noticed popped up.

 

Grey Fairy selected!

As this race is very small, normally several of your main attributes would be worse. But as the Ultimate Evil, you ignore this. Instead, you will get a slight boost to all attributes.

 

‘Well, that’s just awesome. Still won’t thank you though, shitty god.’

 

Before you evolve, you may select a main class and Subclass. Please pick now.

 

Artoria: “I am going to assume these will open up further in the future, because there is hardly anything here to select… and the only option is ‘Playful Trickster’ as my subclass. From my new race I am willing to bet.”

 

While I wouldn’t call it a build, I did have a class I wanted to be or make if it didn’t exist somehow. Magic swordswoman. The best of both worlds, and a perfect fit for Excalibur Morgan.

 

So with that in mind, I selected Warrior. There were only the classic three to pick from anyway. That being Warrior, Ranger, Mage. Cleric was strangely missing. Guessing it was because of my Race, or even me. But it didn't matter.

 

Warrior and Playful Trickster have been selected. Evolve?

 

I hit yes, and I immediately fell into Darkness. I looked around, confused.

 

Artoria: “What’s going on?”

 

I kept looking around till something finally caught my eye. There was a mirror or something in the distance, so I started making my way to it. When I finally reached the mirror and looked into it, I was surprised by what I saw.

 

It wasn’t my reflection, no. I saw a massive amount of golden chains wrapped around some kind of golden glow. I reached out and touched the mirror with interest. As soon as my hand touched the surface, it rippled ever so slightly, and I got a massive flood of memories.

 

Artoria: “Argh!”

 

I fell down to my knees holding my head as the memories flooded into me.

 

Artoria: “These… are my memories? Wh.. geh!”

 

Falling down to my sides I curl up and try to deal with the pain. I “remembered” coming into existence, but a Goddess of Light didn’t want to let me be. So worried about life on this planet, she sacrificed herself to seal me. While also placing a blessing on the humans in hope they would eventually give birth to a Light that could defeat me whenever I break free.

 

Artoria: “So this is my backstory, huh shitty god?”

 

I say through grit teeth. The pain was finally subsiding, as the rest of the memories were of me just being sealed in this cave for hundreds of thousands of years.

 

I knew these were not real memories of mine, but I couldn’t stop myself from hating that Goddess of Light. Or the intense feelings of being bored while sealed, unable to do anything.

 

Eventually, the pain started to fade completely and I was able to fully think again.

 

Artoria: “That fucking bitch of a Goddess. She didn’t even give me a chance before she sealed me! She’s just like that guard. Not taking even a second to ask me anything. Sealing me as soon as I was conscious of myself.”

 

Sighing at how real these memories felt, I sat up and looked back at the mirror. It was pitch black now, not reflecting or showing anything anymore. Looking down at my hands, I frown.

 

Artoria: “I can feel the hate so clearly. Like it really is mine, like I was actually, personally, sealed. I clearly understand these are not real, but it’s not helping. I can feel the hate consuming me slightly.”

 

Sighing, I lean backwards and plop down on my back. Looking up into the pitch blackness, I channel all that hate to the god I really should hate.

 

Artoria: “You really went all out, you shitty god. I swear, I will make it my mission to hunt down your soul if it somehow survived your death. Tch. Both gods I feel hate for, and both are supposedly dead.”

 

Thinking about it, even if these memories are fake for my soul, they are not for my body.

 

‘I could totally see that shitty god actually making a Goddess just so she can seal me and die. So while these are not my memories, they did most likely happen. Which means I’ll have to deal with a hero or more when I am finally released.’

 

Sitting back up, I glare at the mirror.

 

Artoria: “Fine. If I can only have a peaceful life after I kill some shitty heroes, then so be it.”

 

No sooner than when I said those words, I felt something leave me. It wasn’t much, and I have no idea what it was, but something did change. Tilting my head in confusion, I tried to think about what it was but I was coming up with nothing.

 

Before I could go any deeper, the whole area around me started to have cracks of light appear all over.

 

‘Oh, I guess I am done evolving? This was quite the experience. Hundreds of thousands of years of memories, and nothing useful. No skills, no insights, nothing. Can’t give me an easy win, huh you shitty god.’

 

Soon enough, the whole area exploded in light blinding me. I then opened my eyes and found myself on my bed. Or, I should say my pillow. 

 

Artoria: “Holy shit I am tiny!”

 

Looking around and ignoring my display for a few moments, I marvelled at how large my shitty shack looked now. I was tempted to go and look in the mirror right away, but I didn’t want to have to try and look past the displays, so I decided to take care of that first.

 

Congratulations Artoria! You are now a Grey Fairy, and have taken your first real step towards becoming the Ultimate Evil!

 

The display then automatically changed to my new status.

 

Name: Artoria Class: Warrior 1 (0%) Seal integrity: 100% Passives: 5 Dexterity: As agile as a cat!
Age: 32 (Appearance 21)  Subclasses: Playful Trickster 1 (0%) Deaths: 3 Vitality: As healthy as an ox! Wisdom: You’re no genius, but you’re not dumb either.
Sex: Female Alignment: neutral -78 Inner Realm level: 1 Strength: Can’t crush rocks with your hands, but you can throw one really, really hard! Magic: A novice, but at least you won’t blow off your own hand!
Race: Grey Fairy Corruption: 0% Skills: 2 Defence: As strong as wood! Can’t stop a knife, but can stop a fist. Maybe. Mana: Look look! You got a rather large bucket’s worth here!
Level: 1 (0%) Soul Energy: 0/1000 Spells: 2 Resistance: A fireball will still hurt like hell, but at least you won’t die immediately? Quests: N/A

Soul Weapon: Excalibur Morgan

 

I smiled looking over my new stats. I wished my attributes actually had numbers and shit, but it is what it is. I also notice the huge drop in my alignment., which didn’t surprise me. The anger I felt at being sealed was very strong. And no matter how much I tried to convince myself it wasn’t real, I just couldn’t do it.

 

I dismissed the display with a sigh but another one soon replaced it.

 

Hidden quest finished!

~Evolve for the first time and pick your new race!~

Reward: Soul Armour (B1)

 

That immediately brought up my mood.

 

Artoria: “Fuck yea, some ARMOUR finally!”

 

Unlike the Soul Weapon though, I got no selector for the armour. I did feel the slight burn on my left hand, but when I looked I didn’t see any tattoo like with my sword.

 

However, after looking at my hand, I quickly froze. I had just noticed I was butt-ass naked! Looking around my shack quickly I couldn’t see my clothes anywhere, but then my eyes fell upon the chest in my room.

 

‘Maybe there? Can I see what’s inside by thinking about it maybe? After all, it’s not a regular chest in some random shitty shack…’

 

With that line of thought, I tried focusing on what was in the chest. When I did, a display popped up showing a grid of items, and my clothes were occupying a slot. There was a little notice at the bottom of the window though that simply said “View only”. 

 

‘I bet as I level up my shack, and this skill, I’ll be able to interact with things without needing to come back to the chest. Anyway, I am glad that my clothes are still there, and not surprising now that I think about it. They were normal clothes, and can’t exactly shrink down. That shitty god isn’t that nice after all.’

 

With a dismissive wave I closed my inventory display, and focused on the armour in my soul. There was a soft dull white glow, and all of a sudden I was wearing some classic leather adventure armour. Most of it was black with a few red and purple highlights.

 

The set came with everything though and not just the leather armour only which was nice. I brought up the information display for the armour to check the stats it had.

 

Basic Leather Soul Armour

B2 Rank (UEX Potential)

Defence B2

Resistance B2

Soul Energy: 0/1000

Traits:

Soul Armour, Self Cleaning (EX), Self Repairing (EX), Identify Null(UEX)

Abilities:

N/A

 

The armour set was both great and disappointing at the same time.

 

‘I was hoping for another Soul Name resonance thing to happen, but no such luck it seems.’

 

With a bit of disappointment, I opened up the information about Soul Armour.

 

Soul Armour differs from Soul Weapons wildly. The first major difference one would notice is once equipped, Soul Armour may never be removed. Many consider Soul Armour to be a curse, as no one knows how to properly enhance them. The second major difference is that while Soul Armour will grow in strength like a Soul Weapon, you can infuse extra Soul Energy into the armour to add traits/abilities or to customise the material. The selection will not show anything beyond the rank of the armour itself.

 

Artoria: “Well, that’s… something? I like this overall though. Being able to customise the armour is nice. But already starting at 1000 soul energy is worrying. I hope it doesn’t increase each time something is added. Well, a woman can dream at least.”

 

Checking the Self Cleaning and Repairing traits didn’t really surprise me. They were what to be expected, mostly. Self Cleaning was always active and would keep the armour clean at all times, even in combat. The Repairing however was only active outside of combat. If I wanted the armour to be repaired in combat, I’d have to spend some mana. I then checked the last trait, Identify Null.

 

The armour of the Ultimate Evil prevents any and all kinds of identification spells or abilities of any Rank to work on you.

For good or for ill.

 

‘I’ll take this as a good thing for now, honestly. Now nothing can identify me and my abilities. Hopefully that gives them pause to either let me escape or kill them.’

 

While I was at it, I brought up the display for my new Classes, skills and spells. First was Warrior.

 

The starting warrior class will provide skills and passives to get you started as a weapon user, and provide more as you level up.

 

'Don't know why I was hoping it would change because of my evolution, but it clearly didn't. Now, what about Playful Trickster?'

 

The Fae are notorious for their tricks and playful nature. This subclass gives you access to Illusion Magic at a basic level, and will provide spells as it gains levels. 

 

'Yup, this is the same as well. Oh well, on to my skills and spells. Charge, you're up first.'

 

Charge at an enemy with 3 times your normal speed. Consecutive uses will leave you winded and feeling drained.

 

‘Pretty standard, and a 3 times increase in my speed at base even. I can see this getting bonkers as my stats starts to eclipse the norm.’

 

Strike twice with only one swing. Rapid use of the skill will leave you winded and feeling drained.

 

‘I wonder how this will work with my sword abilities. I hope it’ll cast them twice at once, or at least double the power output. Willing to bet the mana cost would also increase as if I used the ability twice though. Seems logical.’

 

Next I brought up the display for the two magic spells I had. I would have been lying if I said I wasn’t excited at the prospect of actually having magic now. First was Project Sound.

 

A spell of the Illusion school. Project any kind of sound you know of at a range of up to 5 metres. Volume is controlled by mana spent.

 

‘Nice. I can use this to distract, and confuse.’

 

Trying the spell out I made my voice appear at max range at normal talking volume. The feeling of mana spent was odd, but the good thing is that this spell took next to no mana to use. I tried again at shouting volume, and still didn’t even notice an actual drain on my mana pool.

 

So, I did the next best thing, I covered my ears and tried to make it as loud as I could.

 

‘That was a mistake. Holy FUCK that was loud, and I feel like half my mana is gone. I wonder if I could eventually turn this into an actual sonic attack at higher ranks. Also, quick note, no spell cast time for this spell.’

 

A spell of the Illusion school. Project a static, flat image of your choice of up to 5 metres. Size of the image is controlled by mana spent.

 

Testing this spell out as well, I summoned an illusion of myself. What appeared was an exact replica of what I looked like now. Ignoring that for now, I walked along my pillow to the side of the spell, and did confirm it was flat, like a piece of paper floating in the air. Continuing to the back of my illusion it showed my back, with my new wings.

 

‘Honestly, I half expected to see my face on both sides, heh. So this is what I look like now hmm?’

 

I was now very tiny, about as big as Tinker Bell if I had to guess, maybe a bit smaller? But I had no real way of knowing for now. My wings were rather large, going well past my arms. They were solid black butterfly wings with red trims and lines. And had what looked like an infinity sign in a royal purple in the middle of both of them that went from one wing to the other.

 

Artoria: “I like these quite a lot, if I am to be honest. And I noticed it before, but my hair is also a lot longer now too. All the way down to my butt huh. Which is now a nice sized bubble butt, hell yea.”

 

Thankfully, my hair was still that dark rose red, but it now also had streaks of black in it. Walking back to the front of my illusion, I got a good look at my face.

 

I smiled at what I saw, because I got quite the uplift in beauty if I say so. Having gone from a “solid six” as my friends say, to a 10, easily. But another big thing that changed were my eyes. Both had slit pupils for one, and my sclera was now black. I got to keep my heterochromia though, as both were different colours still. My right one was now pink and my left one was golden yellow. And both had a glowing red ring around the out edges of my cornea.

 

Artoria: “Well, that is unique to say the least.”

 

Stepping back from my illusion I give myself a look over once more.

 

Artoria: “Yup. I totally have that “Ara Ara” young milf look going on that can fit in your hand. Heh. And my girls seemed to have grown a lot. Well, in proportion to myself that is anyway.”

 

Dismissing the illusion, I also took note that I regen about 1% of my mana every minute. This was only a guess, a feeling I got courtesy of Mana Manipulation I think. I started to bring up my passives after that mental note, starting with Flight.

 

Use your wings to fly! Can spend mana to repair and regenerate any damage done to your wings. Grants instinctive knowledge and muscle memory.

 

‘Great! I don’t need to learn how to fly. I’ll double check that before I leave.’

 

Able to manipulate mana to a greater degree than normal, adding a 1% bonus to your Magic attribute. Grants instinctive knowledge at baseline.

 

‘Yup, I was right. This skill is great, and going to be nuts at higher ranks and levels. I can tell. 1% is nothing, but assuming it goes up by 1% every level? And maybe a jump when it ranks up? Oh yea, could get bonkers.’

 

Increases the effects of all illusion magic spells by 5%. Decreases the likelihood of your illusions being seen through by 1%.

 

‘Huh, so the passive magic class doesn’t grant spells then, but rather just bonus’ to the school. So just the actual classes give the spells then. Can I also learn them via other means? But still, 5% to all effects at B1 is huge. Just how much of a bonus will this give at UEX rank? Anyway, next is Amplify Mana and I think I know what it's going to say.’

 

Provides a 1% increase to your Mana attribute.

 

‘Yup. And this is just as good as the others. Percent increases are great. Pretty much exactly what you’d expect from a passive like that.’

 

Increases the damage you deal with all attacks from a sword, including magic if the sword is used as a focus, by 5%. Increases chance to land a supernatural hit by 1%. Increase accuracy with a sword by 1%. Provides instinctive novice knowledge and muscle memory.

 

Now this one got me really excited. I’ve seen what Excalibur Morgan can do in the anime. Adding on a modifier to that is just eating my cake too. Curious what a supernatural hit was, I checked.

 

To sum it up, it was just a critical hit in real life. No-one understood why sometimes some attacks would just do a lot more damage than normal, so they called it a “supernatural hit.”

 

But what really got me excited was the basic knowledge I could now feel about using my sword. So with much anticipation, I summoned my sword.

 

As soon as I summoned the sword, it started to lightly glow purple and I felt around 20% of my mana become “locked” if I had to use a word to describe it. I also sunk in to the pillow a lot. Laughing a bit at that, I scramble out and stand on my bedding instead. Though I was still pressing hard on the mattress.

 

Artoria: “This glow must be the Evil Light trait of the sword. That is a large chunk of my mana, but it adds a cool looking glow and it’ll get better eventually anyway. Oh speaking of.”

 

I brought up the information about Excalibur Morgan, and confirmed it was now also B2, like my armour. All of the traits and abilities as well. But I noticed that the Devastation ability was still locked.

 

‘Not enough mana yet huh. Not surprised really.’

 

Dismissing the displays, I started to swing my sword around and I could immediately tell the difference. It was much easier to use, and felt a lot more natural in my swings. I even had a competent stance.

 

An interesting thing I noted though, was that even though the sword could be considered a toothpick now, it still weighed the same as when I was human sized. I easily confirmed this as I sunk into the pillow like a rock in water. This also helped confirm I wasn’t a weak tiny fairy like I should have been. My swings will pack one hell of a punch.

 

Finishing up testing out my new sword skills, I dismissed my sword and walked to the side of the bed. Time to test my flight skill.

 

Artoria: “Fuck it, time to be a baby bird. Hup!”

 

And I jumped off the bed side. But like the skill said, I just “knew” how to fly. I had a massive stupid smile on my face as I started to zip around my shitty shack.

 

Artoria: “This is awesome as hell! YEAH! WEEEEEEE!”

 

After flying around, and acting like a lunatic for the better part of what felt like an hour I calmed down and landed back on my bed.

 

Artoria: “Okay, that is an awesome feeling to fly like that. And after flying for so long, I am still not tired! Anyway, it’s time I got back to that grind.”

 

Flying over to the door with a large smile on my face, I went through. Arriving just above the branch I was camping on before, and seeing how huge it is now sends home just how small I am now again. Shaking my head, I float down to the wolves and begin to think about what I should do.

 

‘That last wolf was hesitant to get near because of the corpses of the others. And I assume having three here will only make the next wolf even more wary. So, how shou-’

 

Before I could finish that line of thought, I was interrupted by a loud and deep growl. Turning around, there was a massive wolf. Bigger than the three I had killed, and its fur was blue. Smiling, I bring out my sword, and get in a stance to charge.

 

Artoria: “I don’t know whe–”

 

But before I could even finish my little monologue, I felt something cold entering my back before exploding through my body scattering myself everywhere. A giant, to me at least, icicle has blown through me with ease.

 

As I was dying again, and losing consciousness I only had one thought, ‘Doesn’t hurt as much.. as I would have… thought….’

 

Null DAMN this chapter is long. I just couldn't find a good spot to end it Haha~. Hope you enjoyed it~! But, I really do need a break from writing for a bit~. See you all in the next chapter of... one of my stories~!

34