Chapter 19. Kidnap
370 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ann and Olivia have known each other since primary school. They weren’t close at that time, but they began to hang out a bit more after they were assigned to the same class. They were not really close friends but they were still more than acquaintances.

Olivia and Ann’s mothers knew each other so Olivia always heard about Ann a lot. How Ann got first place in the gymnastic competition, how she always got good grades and how pretty she was… Her mother wouldn’t stop to compare. It was a jealousy that had been ingrained within her since young, hence subconsciously, she always tried to be better than Ann in every way.

Ann was pretty like a barbie so it was normal that she had secret admirers and people pursuing her. Olivia just couldn’t compare to her in terms of popularity among guys.

Olivia still remembered that time a few months after they entered Etwass High School, rumors spread about how Terry, a student leader of the school, had been pursuing Ann passionately. Most guys already understood that they should step aside since Ann would be the leader’s girl. Therefore, without a doubt, both of them got closer and started dating officially.

Through a few coincidences, Olivia started to get to know Terry as well, and they began flirting. It was harmless and innocent at first, but the more Olivia watched the lovebirds being lovey-dovey together, she hatched a daring plan.

She seduced Terry with the intention of making him her boyfriend, and ended up having an affair with him. But she didn’t win yet. Terry was keeping their relationship secret and she found herself falling in love with him. She wanted to wait for him to break up with Ann and she was conflicted if she should take matters into her own hands.

The anonymous user’s offer was like an opportunity handed to her, and she thought it would be stupid of her if she didn’t take it. But it was an entirely different feeling to be planning it over the phone and to really implement it like what she was doing now.

“Olivia, are you okay?” Ann asked her friend in concern. Olivia invited her out to buy a birthday present for their mutual friend, but she looked fidgety for some reason.

“Oh, yeah. I’m just… feeling a little uncomfortable.” Olivia said as she avoided Ann’s eyes. She covered her mouth with her hand as she cleared her throat.

“I think I have some indigestion this morning.” Olivia said with a small grin, before she changed the topic. “Say, how about we take a look in that shop?” She said as she pointed at a gift shop.

Ann turned around and nodded as they both entered the shop. The gift shop was located at the far end of the road, so there were less people around. After looking around, they decided on a beautiful mug that would make a nice present. The shopkeeper wrapped it nicely in a gift bag before handing it to them.

After they left the shop, Olivia suggested that they walk around for a bit and led her to a more shady area. It was a place where less people frequented and scattered with rubbish and wild cats.

“Hey, Olivia, I don’t think we should go further, let’s go back.” Ann said as she felt uneasy for some reason.

“Ah! I think I dropped my purse in the shop, don’t move and wait here for me, Ann. ” Olivia quickly exclaimed and turned back to where they came from.

“Oli-” Ann wanted to call her but Olivia had already disappeared into a corner. Ann gulped and had no choice but to wait on the spot.

It was at that exact moment when a van came screeching in front of her and the door opened with a slam. A muscular man came down and grabbed her arm, turning her around so she was in his hold. It all happened in just a matter of seconds. Ann’s eyes widened in surprise and the next thing she knew, her nose was already covered with a cloth.

Everything happened so fast and she didn’t even have time to react. She thrashed her limbs in an attempt to escape but to no avail, it was obvious that the man was stronger and more prepared for this.

After a while, she slowly felt her body go soft as if she was about to pass out. The man hurriedly dragged her into the van and closed the door with a slam. The van engine revved and it sped off with a “Vrroom”.

Meanwhile, Olivia watched from the corner when all this happened. She felt guilty for doing this, but she had come too far and she couldn’t turn back anymore. She didn’t want to lose Terry, even if she was forced to snatch him from her. Another reason was also because…

She slowly put her hand on her stomach. She found out that she was pregnant just a couple days ago. Her period was late and her body wasn’t actually feeling like herself. She’d only suspected that she was pregnant when she was unable to consume her favorite food.

She considered telling Terry about it, but she had a hunch that Terry would make her abort the baby, or even leave her behind if he found out. She couldn’t bear to let it come to that, so she needed to win Terry’s heart as soon as possible.

Little did Olivia know that there was someone else at the scene. This person had watched the whole event unfolding and quickly rushed to his car to catch the van. He could see from the corner of his eyes how Olivia was watching from the shadows, and he gritted his teeth in fury.

In the van, the man laid the girl at the back seat and forced her to eat a pill, feeding her with water to ensure the pill went into her system.

Ann almost gagged as she coughed. She could figure out where she was but her vision was blurry and her head was too dizzy. She was seeing overlapping images and the voices that entered her ears were blaringly loud. Most importantly, she felt paralysed, her limbs felt so weak and she couldn’t move.

“It’ll take some time for the aphrodisiac to work.” The muscular man said as he squeezed her cheeks, checking if she had indeed swallowed the pill.

Aphrodisiac? What is it? Ann thought, but her mind was hazy.

“It’s alright, it'll be about time when we reach there too.” William, who was driving in front, answered.

“Anyway, how are you able to find such a pretty doll?” The muscular man asked as he continued to admire the girl with a smirk.

William let out a laugh, then paused for a while before he said,

“By luck.”

1