Chapter 4, Part One: Preparations
362 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amelia looks up at Fauna and opens her mouth to speak. 

Amelia:" Alright now, Fauna, I have a request for you."

Fauna:" Oh sure, what is it?"

Amelia:" I need you to create a wall around the city. Everyone already evacuated to that bunker you made for them, so we can cause as much damage here as we want, but I don't want anything to happen outside of the city. Make it out of whatever you want, just make sure it doesn't break easily."

Fauna:" Of course, that's easy! "

Ina quickly turns to Amelia with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

Ina:" Wait, she made a bunker? "

Amelia:" Yeah, I told her to create a huge undergrad place for the people to evacuate to. I never told her why though, I didn't want to get her involved in this cause I know she doesn't like fighting and I've never seen her leave the forest either."

Fauna:" Aww, how considerate of you! But you still should’ve told me! Well I'm here now anyways!" she says and giggles. 

Ina:" Wow, you were REALLY prepared for this Ame... "

Amelia slowly looks down at the ground before responding. 

Amelia:" Yeah I guess I was, that's how I do things. " (I still wasn’t prepared enough, though…)

Fauna:" Okay well, I'll go fly around the city real quick, to see how big this wall needs to be! " 

Fauna takes a few steps then prepares to fly away, but Amelia snaps out of it and quickly raises her head. 

Amelia:" Fauna wait!" Fauna stops and turns around
" Before you do that, I need one more thing from you."

Fauna:" What is it?"

Amelia:" Can you get us something to drink? You know like, something natural?" 

Kronii:(That's what she needed her for??)

The rest of the girls stare at her blankly at her trivial request, while Fauna simply smiles.  

Fauna:" Hehe sure! How about some coconut water?"

Amelia:" Coconut water? I've never tried it before, but I heard it's healthy, sure! "

Fauna:" It's definitely healthy! Coming right up! Oh but, I guess I'll have to get rid of this tree then... " she walks up to the huge Oak tree and puts her palm against it
"Sorry buddy..." 

The tree starts shrinking and it goes back into the ground until it's completely gone. She then lifts her right foot up and lightly puts it back on the ground. A coconut tree grows in front of her at incredible speed with dozens of coconuts on it. 

Fauna:” There you go! There should be enough coconuts for everyone! I'm off now, I’ll be back in a bit!" 

She jumps up and flies away. The girls all look at her as she's flying away and then they look at her coconut tree.

Amelia:"... Not gonna lie, these trees look way bigger in person! How do people even get the coconuts off the trees? Good thing most of you can fly."

Mumei:" Pfft yeah, as if I need to fly to get that!" 

She gets closer to the tree and lightly hits it with the side of her hand. All the coconuts start falling from the tree.

Amelia:" Woah cool... "

Gura:" I could've done that too!" 

She says, but then notices that one of the coconuts is about to hit Amelia so she jumps at her to get her out of the way and they both fall on the ground, with Gura being on top of Amelia and her hands next to her head. However, instead of falling on top of them, all the coconuts just stop moving mid air. 

Gura:" Uhh a-are you okay, Ame?" she asks while blushing.

Amelia:" Well, I was, but then you jumped on me." she says with a smug look on her face

Gura:" I was just protecting you from the falling coconuts!" 

Amelia looks at the coconuts that are floating in the air above them and sees Sana with her palm pointed outward.

Sana:" You're welcome! "

Gura looks at them too and then looks back at Amelia with a bigger blush on her face. 

Gura:” Okay, how was I supposed to know that Sana was going to- well, I don't know what she did, but how was I supposed to know she was gonna do that?! " 

She then picks herself up from the ground and helps Amelia get up, then they both brush the dirt off of their clothes. 

Amelia:" Well, I guess you couldn't have known but you didn't have to do that. " she starts patting Gura's head.
" I know you want to protect me, but you don't have to protect me from things like this. Unless it's some abnormal danger, then you don’t need to worry about me!"

Gura:" Okay... Sorry Ame..."

Amelia:" Oh you don't need to apologize! I was just saying, you don't need to protect me from everything. " she stops patting her and puts her hands on her hips
" I'll have you know, I know martial arts and one time I killed a whole mafia gang all on my own!"

The Myth girls present all let small gasps of surprise, but Kronii just smiles.  

Kronii:" Oh I remember that, I was watching!"

Amelia:" Wait, really?"

Kronii:" Yeah, and then I showed it to Fauna and Mumei too!"

Amelia remains silent for a second, then opens her mouth to speak.

Amelia::” WHAT?! Why would you show them that?! "

Kronii:" Well, you were spending so much time with her, I just thought she should know. Besides, you already told her, didn't you? "

Amelia:" Yeah I told her, but I didn't want her to see me doing it!"

Mumei gets closer to her and awkwardly pats her head.

Mumei:" Don't worry Ame, Fauna and I both liked it! And she said she was very proud of you! " she says and stops patting her. 

Amelia:" Well, I'm not surprised you liked it... But I guess if Fauna was proud, I don't mind that she saw it!"

The rest of Myth listened to them in silence, not sure what to think of what they’re hearing. 

Ina:(It looks like she really did do it... I doubt they would be dragging on a joke like this for so long… Was this the dark path she was talking about? She doesn't seem very proud of it...)

Kiara:(Wow... I didn't know Ame was like this...)

Gura:" Ame... You're even more awesome than I originally thought!"

Amelia:" Yeah uhh thanks... How about we just drink these coconuts already, Sana has been keeping them in the air for a while now."

Sana puts her arm down then, shifts her eyes and one of the coconuts moves closer to Amelia.

Sana:" Oh don't worry, I can do this forever. See? I don’t even need my hands to do it, I only did it cause it looked cooler!"

Amelia:" Hmmm, I assume you can control gravity then? I guess that makes sense." 

She says as she's taking the coconut that is floating above her head.

Sana:" Yup! Gravity is my thing! Well, one of my things! "

All of the girls take a coconut each. Gura takes one, bites it and starts chewing, but then spits it out on the ground. Everyone simply stares at her. 

Gura:" Eww, this tastes gross!"

Amelia:" The heck are you doing? You know you're supposed to cut those open and then drink what's inside, right?"

Gura: "Uhhhh" (Crap, I did something dumb again! Wait, I can turn this around!)
" Of course I knew that. Simply, I did not want to use my trident because it is very big, I could've cut more than I'm supposed to by accident. Furthermore-

Amelia crosses her arms and raises one eyebrow upon hearing her say that arm, but she continues.

Gura:" I also didn't want to ask one of you for your weapons cause I thought you needed them first. So, I had just thought that biting it would be-"

Amelia:" Yeah no, you definitely tried to eat the coconut. " she says with a smug look on her face. 

Gura:" No, I didn't!! S-shut up!! " (Dammit, she saw right through me! Even though I talked in such a smart way...)

Amelia:" The way you talked was a dead giveaway!”

Amelia laughs and the rest of the girls giggle, while all taking a coconut each.

Gura:" I don't know what you're talking about! Hmph!"

Amelia:(Heh, she's cute.) she thought to herself, then looked at Kronii.
" Hey Kronii, can I borrow your shorter sword?"

Kronii:" Oh sure, here!" 

She materializes her shorter sword in her free hand and gives it to Amelia. 

Amelia:" Thanks!" (Man, it's weird seeing her be so… Straightforward...)

Kronii materializes her longer sword in her right hand and slices the top of her coconut off easily, but it takes Amelia a couple swings to cut the top off of her coconut. Kiara, with a flaming index finger, draws a circle on her coconut and takes the top half off. Bae does the same except with a red laser on her finger. Mumei, by doing a swing with the side of her hand, cuts the top of her coconut off. Amelia watches her as she does that and looks at her with eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

Amelia:" Oh weird, I expected you to use that sword of yours."

Mumei:" What sword?" 

Amelia points to the sword Mumei has on her waist and she looks down at it. 

Mumei:" Oooooh right, I have a sword!"

Amelia:" Dude no, no way! I know you have a memory problem, but I refuse to believe you forgot about your sword, IT'S LITERALLY ON YOU!"

Mumei:" Okay listen, I almost never use it so I forgot! I like using my hands and feet in fights more. The most recent time I used it must’ve been against Kiara…"

As Amelia is about to take a sip from the coconut, she pauses when hearing Mumei say that.

Amelia:" Oh right, you two had a big fight like a year ago, right? Who won that anyways?"

Mumei:" I won obvio-"

Kiara:" It was a tie! "

Mumei:" Oh yeah I guess, since Calli stopped us. But clearly, if she hadn't, I would've won! "

Kiara slowly looks down at the ground before responding. 

Kiara:" Grrr. I can't deny that... If she hadn’t done that,  you definitely would've killed me... " The rest of Myth stare at her upon hearing that and she quickly looks up at them. 
" Uhhh I mean, I would've died temporarily, of course! Cause I'm immortal and can't die haha! And it's not like I can stop being immortal or something haha!"

Amelia:" Uhh okay..." (She's definitely hiding something and I don't like it!) 

Gura and Amelia take a sip from their coconuts, and their eyes widen for a bit, then they drink faster.

Amelia:” Okay, I didn’t expect water to taste so good!”

While other girls, except Ina who hasn’t cut her coconut yet, take a sip from theirs, Mumei grabs Kiara's hand and drags her away from them.

Mumei(whispering):" Should you really be keeping that a secret from them? "

Kiara:" It's fine, I don't want to worry them. Don't tell them anything okay? Besides, I might not even end up using it, so no point in telling them!" (I hope so anyways...)

Mumei:" Okay then, if you say so... " 

Both of them then take a sip from their coconuts and return to the rest of the girls.

Sana looks around and notices Ina just awkwardly holding her coconut, not knowing what to do with it. She gets closer to her and Ina looks up at her. 

Sana:" Hey, you don't have anything to cut this with, do you?"

Ina:" Uhhh yeah..."

Sana:" Here, boop!" 

She quickly pokes a hole in the coconut with just her finger, then does the same to her own coconut.

Ina:" Oh, thanks! I didn't want to bother the others, they all seemed busy catching up and stuff..."

Sana pats her head with a smile on her face.

Sana:" Don't worry about it!" 

They both take a sip from their coconuts and the other Myth girls notice them together, then they walk up to them.

Amelia:" Oh Ina, I'm sorry, I didn't notice you didn't have anything to cut your coconut with! I kept getting distracted with the others..."

Ina:" It's okay! Sana helped me out!"

Sana:" Heh you're welcome! By the way, Ina... You were the Priestess of The Ancient Ones, right? "

Ina’s eyes widen at the sudden question, and she looks down at the ground. 

Ina:" Y-yeah, I was. But I wish I wasn't... I wish I never touched that book... I've caused you all so much trouble... " 

Sana crouches in front of her and starts patting her head again.

Sana:" Hey, calm down, don't worry about it. You couldn't have known all of this was going to happen. Don't beat yourself up over it, okay? "

Ina:" I couldn't have known, but still... The library woman warned me, she told me what happened to all those people that tried to read the book... But I didn't listen... It should've been obvious, nothing good could come from a book like that... "

Sana:" Heh looks like you and I are a lot alike! Her Majesty also warned me about The Ancient ones, but I didn’t listen to her! I became their Apostle and you became their Priestess! We have a lot in common! " 

Sana awkwardly giggles while Ina remains silent. 

Sana:" Hey, the two of us can be like sisters now! Or uhh good friends at least! We definitely have something to talk about! "

Ina:" I appreciate you trying to cheer me up but, I don't think anything will do it so fast, after everything... "

Sana:" Hey, I'm serious! I know I spend most of my time floating in space, but I can come down to Earth any time I want!" she looks Ina in the eyes and puts her hands on her shoulders.
" If you ever need someone to talk to, just look up at the sky, and I'll be there!" she says with a huge smile on her face.

Ina’s mouth shakes slightly, as if she’s about to start crying. 

Ina:"... Why... Why are you being so nice to me...?"

Sana:" Hmm? Why wouldn't I be?" she asks with her eyebrows furrowed and then gets up
" You didn't do anything wrong, Ina. Don't worry, we'll take care of everything! Oh and if The Ancient Ones try to tell you something, just ignore them! Nothing good can come out of their mouth!" she says and notices tears forming in her eyes. (Aww it looks like she's about to tear up... I know what will fix that!)

Sana embraces her and slowly brushes her hair.

Ina:" Thank you, Sana..." she hugs her back tightly. 

Everyone else is just silently watching them with a smile.

Kiara:" Aww it's really as if she's her big sister right now..."

Gura(whispering):" Okay, is it me, or are Sana's boobs like, totally in Ina's face right now?! "

Amelia(whispering):" I hate that I knew you were going to ask that..."

Sana and Ina slowly stop hugging and back away from each other, both with smiles on their faces.

Sana:" So, you feeling better now?"

Ina:" Yeah, I'm good now! Sorry for being so uhh depressing earlier... "

Sana:" Don't worry about that, I'm just glad you're smiling now! "

Kronii:" Weird, usually Sana acts like a child, but she's acting so mature right now. Fauna would be proud... "

While all of them having their backs turned, Fauna starts slowly emerging from the ground, without doing any damage to it or making any noise. She comes out completely right behind Kronii. Amelia turns and notices her, but doesn't say anything.

Fauna:" Heeeyy! I'm back! " she yells behind Kronii and startles her.

Kronii:" GWAK?!?!!" 

As she lets out the weird scream, she jumps up and Fauna quickly flies towards her and catches her in her arms.

Fauna:" Oh sorry, did I scare you, Kronii?" she said with a smirk on her face. 

Kronii blushes as their eyes meet, while the rest of the girls are giggling.

Amelia:" Oh wow, that was quite the noise you made! Do you always make that noise when you're scared?" she says with a smug look on her face. 

Kronii quickly jumps out of Fauna’s arms with her eyebrows furrowed while having a blush on her face, and looks at Amelia. 

Kronii:" Shut up! I wasn't scared! You're scared!" she says and then looks at Fauna
" And you! Why'd you come out of the ground like that?!"

Fauna:" So, you don't like it when I come out of a tree and you don't like it when I come out of the ground either?! What am I supposed to do?!"

Kronii:" YOU CAN FLY! You could've just come back while flying like a normal person! "

The rest of the girls whisper and giggle, as the two continue to argue. 

Fauna:" I don't like flying, I like being on the ground! "

Kronii:" Whatever! You still didn't have to sneak up on us like that! You scared all these poor girls!" 

She waves her hands towards the girls behind her, which all have blank and smiling expressions on their faces. Fauna looks at them and then back at Kronii.

Fauna:" Hmm I don't know Kronii, it looks like you were the only one who got scared by me... "

Kronii:" WHAT WAS THAT!?"

Fauna stays silent for a second and then quickly gets closer toward her.

Fauna:" Ugh, just kiss me already!” 

She grabs her by her neck and as she gets on her tiptoes, she brings her face closer and Kronii blushes even harder, while slowly backing her head away.

Kronii:” H-HEY! Stop! N-not in front of everyone!” 

Fauna continues trying to kiss her, until Amelia coughs loudly and they slowly turn towards her and Fauna lets go of Kronii. 

Amelia:" Uhhh okay, I’m going to have to ask you to please control yourselves! Fauna, since you’re here, I take it the wall is done?"

Fauna:" Oh uhhh, yes it's done! Don't worry, unless The Ancient Ones go and attack it directly for some reason, nothing can break that wall! I made it out of multiple layers of the hardest minerals in the world! "

Amelia:" Oh wow, I just expected like a wooden or stone wall, but you really outdid yourself! I didn't know you could control minerals too... " (Wait, does that mean she made the wall out of diamonds?!)

Fauna:" Of course I can! Everything on this planet belongs to me after all! " 

She says that with a huge smile on her face, while Amelia swallows nervously. 

Amelia:(Saying something like that with a smile on her face and that soft voice of hers...) " Oh uhh yeah, that makes sense! So wait, just to clarify, all of you Council girls can fly right? "

Bae:" Yep! We can, would be kinda weird if we couldn't."

Kiara:" Calli can fly too, by the way."

Amelia:" Hmm I see... So, the only ones that can't fly here are, Gura, Ina and Me... "

Gura’s tail perks up upon hearing that, and she quickly gets in front of her.

Gura:" Hey! I can jump pretty high, that's basically the same as flying! "

Amelia:" Uhh yeah sure!" (It looks like she’s trying to convince me she's on the same level as the others but, I doubt that's the case... I'm not gonna say anything, I don't want to hurt her feelings...)

Bae:" Oh wait, is this the part where you ask us about our abilities? "

Amelia:" Yeah, that’s what I was getting at."

Sana was deep in thought until she heard that, and spoke up. 

Sana:" Actually, before we start anything, I wanna mention something I noticed. I'm not sure if you have too, Amelia. "

Amelia:" Hm? What is it? "

Sana:" The Ancient Ones... I don't know why exactly, but I don't think they know who we are. Like, at all. They said they knew about the Council, just not what we looked like but, that was a lie, I can tell. They had no idea who we were. They only knew about me. "

Kronii:" Yeah, they seemed pretty confused when I appeared. And when I told them who I was, they never said anything about knowing me."

Amelia puts her hand on her chin as she starts to think. 

Amelia:" Hmmm... I did notice that they looked confused, but I just thought it wouldn't make sense if they didn't know who you were..." she pauses for a moment, then lets out a gasp.
" Unless someone erased their memories? That would explain some things... Wait! It must've been... "

Sana:" Oh! You think Her Majesty did something? "

Amelia:" What if she knew you weren't gonna listen to her? So, just in case, she put some kind of protection on you. And when The Ancient Ones made you their Apostle, everything they knew about you guys, got erased from their memories! "

Sana:” Yeah, that makes sense! They must’ve forgotten about everyone except me, since I was still their Apostle and all…” 

Most were too amazed by Amelia’s theories to speak, but Fauna gets closer to her and puts her hand on her head, while having a smile on her face.

Fauna:" Wow Ame, you’re figuring everything out!” she says and pats her head.
“ It's no wonder they call you The World's Greatest Detective! Good job!"

Amelia:" Oh it was nothing, haha. "

Fauna looks around and notices everyone holding a coconut and smiles.

Fauna:” I see you all have a coconut! I assume you liked it?” 

The girls all nod, except for Bae, who had a blank expression on her face. 

Bae:" Dude, who cares about the coconuts now?! We have an advantage against The Ancient Ones! We should start coming up with a plan already!”

Fauna:” Looks like we know who didn’t like it…”

Bae:” I LIKED THE COCONUT! You happy now?!” 

Fauna simply smiles even harder, while the rest of the girls giggle.

Amelia:" While it’s true that we have an advantage, they're in a new form now, so they could have some new abilities too. It's too early to celebrate.” she says and then looks at Ina and Sana.
“ Ina, Sana, do you maybe have any idea about what their abilities could be? "

Sana:" Oh sorry, I don't think I know anything about their abilities... "

Ina:" Hmmm... I doubt I know anything you guys haven't seen yet... You probably know more than me actually, I've only seen them use tentacles and lasers... "

Gura:" They used some big black hands against us too! "

While Ina just seemed confused at first, she let out a gasp upon remembering something.

Ina:" Oh! I haven’t seen them do that before, but I just remembered something else! One time they made my flaps wiggle and created some ringing noise. It was so loud that it shattered glass and all the people around passed out with their ears bleeding... "

Amelia:" Loud ringing?? What are we supposed to do about that, put ear plugs in?! Ugh, what a pain, let's just hope they don't do that. Guess we’ll just have to be more careful, since we don’t know what new abilities they could have."

Kronii:" Uhh yeah, about that... I think one of us should stay behind, to protect you and Ina. I doubt they'll go after you two, but just in case something happens. "

Amelia:" Oh don't worry Kronii, I've already thought about that and Gura will be staying with us! "

Gura’s tail slightly wags upon hearing that, while Kronii has a concerned look on her face. 

Kronii:" Oh... Uhhh yeah... Gura staying behind... That sounds... Great! Good idea! " 

Gura:" WHAT?!" she drops her coconut and looks up at her with her hands on her hips.
" Why are you talking like that?! You think I'm weak, don't you!? " 

Kronii backs away slightly and shakes her hands in front of her face. 

Kronii:" Oh no, no, of course not! Definitely not weak! Just uhhh...." she turns towards Fuana that’s next to her and whispers.
" I can't do it, you tell her! "

Fauna(whispering):" What?! No way, you started it!"

Kronii(whispering): " Come on, we're all thinking it! "

Gura:" I CAN STILL HEAR YOU! "

Gura furrows her eyebrows at the two, then Sana walks up to her and she turns towards her. 

Sana:" It's okay you all, I'm gonna stay behind too. I'll protect them." she says and pats Gura’s head.
" Gura, you're not weak, but The Ancient Ones are now even stronger than before and we have no idea what they can do. It's best if someone from The Council stays behind too."

Gura:" Oh uhh okay, I guess that makes sense. Thanks Sana!"

Fauna:(Woah, Sana is acting so mature... I'm proud of her!)

Amelia smiles and crosses her arms while looking at them. 

Amelia:" Honestly, I wanted you to stay behind as well, but given that you used to be their Apostle, I wasn't sure if you would want to. It’s even better now that you suggested it yourself! "

Sana:" Don't worry about it, I'll be fine. Not like I was a real Apostle anyways!"

Amelia:" I'm happy to hear that! Alright now, time for you all to spill the beans and tell me about your abilities! I'll tell you about my plan and adjust it accordingly. Good thing I brought my work phone with me! I'll write the important stuff in the notebook." she says and pulls out a phone out of her coat pocket.
"I'm all ears."

The girls spend the next couple hours talking about their powers, eating various fruits that Fauna would grow for them, while thinking of a plan. Eventually, after all is done, they're ready to fight once again...


To be Continued...


Part 1 of Chapter 4 has been fixed! Just bear with in in the next part, I'll try to fix that one too ASAP. 

12