Chapter 5, Part One: The End of Eternity
167 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When The Ancient Ones got sent to the other dimension The Council had created, they were still in the iron maiden and started to think.

AO:" So, this was their plan. Trick Us into eating the apple, steal Our power, trap Us into this thing and seal Us away into another dimension... No, this was not their plan. It is clear. That human, Amelia Watson... She is the brains of that whole group. She came up with everything. And not only that, that Time Warden... She appeared out of nowhere but, it must have been Amelia Watson who contacted, by using her watch. Amelia Watson... She somehow knew what We were going to do and has prepared for it. She brought the Time Warden here and then the rest of the Council followed thanks to her. All because of this one human... This is unforgivable! This is unacceptable! She needs divine punishment! "

The Ancient Ones' tentacles burst everywhere through the iron maiden and they easily break out of it. They found themselves in a dark place, full of purple squares and pillars. That's the only thing they could see, along with a pitch black sky, filled with millions of stars and a huge blood red sun. The dimension seemed endless, with no way to escape.

AO:" But no... We will not kill Amelia Watson or hurt her physically. There is something which would cause her much greater pain and suffering. Yes... Killing a loved one... That would be an appropriate punishment..."

They open one of their portals but then notice something is wrong.

AO:" We see... It appears Our portals are all bound to this dimension. However... Thanks to that rat that stole some of our power, We are able to use that power as a catalyst and create a portal which will take Us back to the original dimension!"

Despite not being within them, the power that Bae took from The Ancient Ones still belongs to them and they're able to control it. They put their right hand out and that's when Bae's box started to shake. When the box exploded and their power bursts out forward, the girls didn't notice it but, a portal had been created. Their power returned to them through the portal and The Ancient Ones didn't waste any time. Before the girls could notice the portal, they shot a huge fast purple beam at Gura from the other dimension. They then watched Amelia have a breakdown through their portal, none of them even noticed that they were being watched.

Amelia, despite seemingly accepting Gura's death, started acting as if she's alive, but asleep. She lightly pushed her finger against Gura's face, as if she was trying to wake her up.

Amelia:" Hey... Wake up stinky! Hehe, waking her up is always such a pain..." Amelia is crying so much, she can't even see straight.

Mumei:(I should've paid more attention... I should've protected her...)

Kronii:(This is hard to watch...)

Sana:(Why did I have to stand next to the rest of Council?... I should've stayed with them...)

Amelia:" Come on now, for how long do you plan to sleep? " she continues to poke and push her cheeks, then looks around at the other girls, some are holding back their tears, while others can't. "Hey guys, why isn't she waking up?" she turns back to look at Gura. "Gura... I love you... Please wake up... Please... Just open your eyes already..."

The rest of the Myth girls are all crying while watching them, all filled with different emotions. Ina, sadness. Kiara, rage. Calli, confusion. Fauna, who was trying her best to hold back her tears up until now, upon seeing Gura die and Amelia in denial, she can't hold her tears back anymore. As Fauna begins to cry, the sky turns dark and it starts raining.

Suddenly, the girls can all feel a powerful presence near them.

AO:" Foolish rat." The Ancient Ones finally show themselves and come out of their portal. "Did you really believe you could steal Our power? In truth, your actions are what helped Us escape your dimension."

Bae:(M-my actions?...)

AO:" We have used the power which you attempted to steal, as a catalyst, to create a portal to this dimension. If you had not done that, it would have been more difficult for Us to escape. We are grateful, Hakos Baelz. " Bae's eyes widen in disbelief as she hears that.

Bae:" I-it's my fault?... "

Amelia:" Bae... "

The Ancient Ones shift their gaze to the broken detective.  

AO:" What a sorry state you are in, Amelia Watson. " she doesn't pay attention to what they're saying and keeps crying while looking at Gura. The Ancient Ones continued " What has happened to that smug facial expression of yours, Detective? Was this not according to your plan? " Everyone is looking at them except for Amelia. Kiara, with her fists clenched and face full of tears, keeps getting angrier the more she hears them talk. " We can see you are not paying attention to what We are saying. In that case... Would you like to be reunited with your friend?" they say as they make a gun gesture with their right hand and point it towards her. Amelia, who was not paying attention to anything they were saying, finally looks up at them with a smile on her face.

Amelia:" R-reunited... With Gura?"

The Ancient Ones charge a purple laser in their finger.

Kiara:" NO DON'T!" she yells out as she gets in front of Amelia, who seems to already have accepted her fate.

The Ancient Ones shoot a purple laser from their finger at Amelia, Kiara puts her hand out to block it but, their laser simply phases through her, without doing any damage. One after another, the girls try to protect Amelia but nothing works. All were met with the same outcome as Kiara was, until the laser reached Amelia. Unlike before, it doesn't phase through her, it goes inside of her head but, it doesn't do any damage to her. As the laser went inside of her head, her eyes closed, she passes out and began to fall backwards. No one has any idea what just happened but, before Amelia hits the ground, Kronii quickly gets to her and catches her in her arms. All the girls gather around Amelia in concern.

Kronii:" Watson!" she said worryingly, as she puts two fingers on her neck, to check for her pulse. Before Kronii could say anything, The Grim Reaper, said what she was about to say.

Calli:" She's still alive... I can tell, that attack did no damage to her..." 

Kronii looks at Calli and then looks back to Amelia, she tries shaking her head, lightly slapping her but nothing works, Amelia doesn't wake up. 

Ina:" What.. " Ina, that was already on the ground next to Amelia and Gura, with a tearful and confused look on her face, looks up at The Ancient Ones as she continues her sentence "What did you do to her?..."

AO:" Worry not, We simply gave her what she wanted." they say with a smug look on their face as they cross their arms.

Kiara:" What she wanted?!" anger can be heard in her voice as she turns and walks quickly towards them, she clenches her fists with flames covering them.

Kiara stops as she sees Bae walking towards Amelia. Bae gets in front of her, squats and opens Amelia's eyes with two fingers. They look lifeless, like there's nothing behind them, despite Amelia still being alive.

Bae:" Since she didn't take any damage from it, it must be some kind of an attack on her mind. I might be able to save her from the inside." she says as she's taking off the key from her collar, stands straight up and slightly backs away from her.

Fauna:" Bae? Can you really-" 

Bae:" I'm the only one here who can. This time, instead of just inserting my hand in her like I did with Sana, I'll have to go inside her completely, so I can find out what's going on. I swear, I'll do everything I can to save her." she says and once again, swallows her key.

Sana:" Good luck Bae..."

Bae looks at everyone before before lightly lifting her legs from the ground and she flies inside of Amelia's body. 

AO:" She will do everything she can to save her, she says. " Everyone that was looking at Bae and Amelia now turns to the Ancient Ones  "But, what if she does not want to be saved?"

The enraged Kiara stands in front of everyone, with her fists clenched and surrounded with flames, she opens her mouth to speak.

Kiara:" You piece of shit! You killed Gura... I don't even know what you did to Ame... You won't get away with this! "

AO:" Takanashi Kiara, do not make Us laugh. You speak as if you plan on fighting Us by yourself. Even if you were holding back before, you are still the weakest one among everyone here. Our apologies, We misspoke. The dead shark girl, is by far the weakest one here right now." they say as they get a smirk on their face and cross their arms.

Kiara clenches her teeth in anger and without saying another word, she materializes her sword in her left hand and starts raising it up. When suddenly, her arm gets cut off by a slash of wind from behind her, making it fall to the ground. She already knows who did it, she turns around to see Mumei with her right hand out with wind circling around it.

Kiara:" Mumei?! The hell are you doing??" she says in a confused and angry voice as she's picking up her left arm with her sword from the ground.

Mumei:" Kiara... I know you're sad and angry, you want to kill them more than anyone here... But, you have to calm down. "

Kiara gets annoyed upon hearing those words. Telling her to calm down, had the opposite effect.

Kiara:" Calm down?! How am I- "

Mumei:" Listen to me! I'm not telling you to not fight, I'm saying you have to calm down! Remember everything I thought you. Do you want all those years of training to have been for nothing? Do you want to di- to lose, because you were filled with rage in your fight? You... You can't avenge Gura and Amelia like that... "

Kiara, when hearing Mumei speak the names of her friends, the friends which The Ancient Ones have hurt, freezes in place. Those words managed to reach her, in her enraged state of mind.

Kiara:" Mumei... I-"

??? :" Listen to your Master, Kiara. "

Kiara hears a voice, which only she can hear. She is surprised, she knew who it was but, she hasn't heard that voice in a while. She looks at the sword her cut off left arm is holding.

Kiara:(Sonnenschwert!)

It is the voice of her sword, Sonnenschwert. After hearing his voice, a humanoid phoenix figure appears next to her. Kiara is the only one who can see him.

Sonnenschwert:(Do not rush to your death, Takahashi Kiara. Calm yourself. You must face your opponent with a clear head.)

Sonnenschwert speaks, without opening his mouth, the two are talking through their minds alone.

Mumei's words, accompanied by the voice of Kiara's sword, have finally managed to calm her down. She reattaches and heals her left arm and takes a deep breath.

Mumei:" You can hear it now, right? The voice of your sword."

Kiara:" Yeah..."

Sonnenschwert:(Good. It seems you have calmed down.)

Kiara:(Sonnenschwert... I have to... I have to use it again.)

Sonnenschwert:(I see. You don't waste any time using this form again.)

Kiara:(This time, I really need it.)

Sonnenschwert:(I can tell. Your opponent is strong. You will not be able to win without using it.) her sword says to her while looking at The Ancient Ones and then looking back at her.

AO:(Interesting. It appears that the Phoenix and Guardian are master and pupil. It also looks like she has some kind of secret ability. No matter. It is all futile.)

Sonnenschwert:(I need not say what will happen if you use this technique, do I? Are you ready, Kiara?)

Kiara:(Yeah, I already know. If I do this... I will lose my immortality and all of my Phoenix powers. I'm ready. I'll kill them even if I have to die in the process.) she says her final words to her sword and the humanoid phoenix figure that was standing next to her, disappears. 

Calli as she's looking at Kiara, gets a familiar feeling. She can feel something within Kiara, changing.

Calli:(She's going to use it again... I can feel it...)

Kiara:" Mumei. Protect everyone... From what I'm about to do."

Mumei, who was almost right behind Kiara, now moves a couple steps back, while Kiara moves forward.

Calli:" Kiara, wait!" she says as she quickly walks up to her.

Kiara:" Don't try to stop me, Calli."

Calli:" I wasn't going to, I know I can't. But... " she moves in closer and starts whispering to her "What if they find out?"

Kiara(whispering):" That won't change anything. I'm already prepared to die today."

Calli(whispering):" To die?! Come on, let me help, we can fight them together... You're not the only one hurt by all this, you know."

Kiara(whispering):" I know but, you'll only get in my way while I'm like that. Just stay with Mumei and watch, for now. If they find out before I kill them, we'll try that thing we practiced. "

Calli(whispering):" ... I guess you're right. I'll go n-" she gets cut off by a sinister voice.

AO:" What is wrong, Reaper and Phoenix? You cannot decide which one of you wants to die first? The order does not matter, you will all meet the same fate as that shark girl. "

Calli clenches her fists in anger after hearing them talk, while Kiara remains calm. She puts her right hand on Calli's shoulder and she releases her fists.

Kiara:" Calli, I'll do everything I can on my own but, I might end up needing your help. So, just stay back, and watch carefully."

Calli doesn't say a word, she nods at Kiara and goes back to stand next to Mumei.

Mumei:" You sure you don't want to stand behind me? It'll get hot in here soon. "

Calli:" I'm staying right here. I'm used to her heat after all. "

Mumei:" Yeah, that's true."

Kiara materializes her shield in her right hand, lets go of it and it starts floating next to her. Both of her hands, along with the sword she's holding in her left hand, get enveloped in flames.

Kiara:" I'll combine the Flaming Fist of Eternity with the final step of The Way of the Sword."

The Flaming Fist of Eternity, is not an attack, but a martial arts technique Kiara has come up with. Together with Mumei and Calli, she has honed it to perfection. Mumei is also the one who taught her The Way of the Sword. Before meeting her, Kiara was just swinging her sword around aimlessly, with no technique or emotion behind it. 

Mumei:(Combining both techniques... She didn't do that when we fought. Good luck, Kiara...)

Kiara slowly raises her sword up. While holding it with both hands, she turns the tip of its blade towards her chest and stabs herself in the heart. Her head arches back as her whole body starts floating upwards, while looking limp, it is as if she had died. A huge cylindrical flame of energy falls on top of her from the sky, big enough to cover her body multiple times over. The Ancient Ones are simply watching it all with their arms crossed, curious to see what happens next.

As a huge orange blade slices through the flames from within, they disperse, revealing Kiara in a new form. She no longer has human feet but has bird talons instead. Orange feathers are covering her legs, where her thigh highs used to be. The hilt of her sword is fused with her left hand, orange steel is surrounding her hand up to her forearm. The sword's appearance has also changed, it's longer and wider than before, while looking mostly orange, it turns turquoise towards the tip. The detached sleeves she had are now gone and on her left arm, there are orange chains coming from the steel on her hand. The chains are circling and going up her whole arm. Her shield now acts as a chestplate, the ends of her shield are fused to her shoulders. The same chains that are slithering around her left arm, connect to the end of her shield on her left shoulder. Her hair is now slightly longer, with flames lingering at the ends of it. And most noticeably, her wings, which are covered in flames, are now huge, much bigger than they used to be. As Kiara opens her eyes, she lets out a sigh and a small amount of fire comes out of her mouth.  

To Be Continued...

 


By the way, if anyone is having a hard time picturing Kiara's new form, it's supposed to look like Dangai Ichigo from Bleach, except with some of her Phoenix parts of her appearance enhanced too.

PS. The image keeps disappearing, idk why, sorry about that!

You can read about Kiara's fight in Chapter 5.5!!

14