Chapter 9: Back From The Dead
168 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girls that were all cheering Gura on, let out a gasp and stop, upon seeing a hole appear on her palm.

Amelia:" I knew it, she hasn't lost yet! But she just took more damage! Come on Gura!! You can do it!! Win!!"

Everyone except Amelia seems to have lost hope, the more damage Gura took, the more they thought she was going to lose. But Amelia, seeing that just reassured her that Gura hasn't lost yet, and kept cheering her on while hugging her tightly.

Not long after the hole appeared, a huge explosion of red energy engulfed them all, as if a red tornado had swallowed them all whole. They couldn't see a thing, until it just disappeared. As they all open their eyes, they can see Gura sitting in front of Amelia, alive and well without a single wound on her. However, the parts of her hair which were blue, are now red, which made everyone feel uneasy and on guard, not knowing what to expect.

Amelia:(H-her hair is red... No, this could just mean that she won and got Gawr's powers or something, right??)

Gura lifts one of the red ends of her hair and looks down on it.

Gura?:" Looks like it worked...I'm actually back... " she said quietly.

Amelia:(It worked? She's back? Arghh either one of them could be saying that!! Stop giving me mixed signals!)

Bae:(Is this her? Her hair is the only red part on her, she didn't look like this last time...)

Amelia slowly stretches her arm out towards her while shaking.

Amelia:" H-hey... Which one are you? A-are you my Gura?..."

The unknown shark slowly turns her head towards her and looks at her in the eyes.

Gura?:" Who are you?" she asked with a slight smirk on her face.

Amelia stops her hand upon hearing that, she gets taken aback by it, then takes a close look at her face.

Amelia:(She's messing with me, I can tell. That innocent look in her eyes... That cute smile of hers... That's definitely my Gura!) "Grrr, I know it's you!" she shouts and then hugs her tight, while lightly rubbing her back "You dumb, stupid, idiot shark! I thought I lost you forever and now you do this?! So mean..." she said while hugging her tighter.

Seeing how sure Amelia is that that is indeed the Gura they all know, her friends let out a sigh of relief and smile.

Gura:" I..."

Gura felt bad and just as she was about to apologize, she hears a voice in her head, a voice which only she can hear.

Gawr:(Yeah Gura, that was pretty messed up! Why'd you do that?)

Gura's eye twitches in annoyance upon hearing that voice and she looks up before she starts shouting.

Gura:" Oh shut up!! I don't need that coming from YOU of all people!!"

Everyone was shocked and confused upon hearing that, they simply stared at her with blank expressions on their faces. Amelia pushes her away while looking angry and confused.

Amelia:" Excuse me?! "

Gura:" Wait no, I wasn't saying that to you! "

Amelia:" Then who were you saying it to?!"

Gawr:(Pfft good luck explaining this one ahahahahaha!)

Gura:" GRRR JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!"

Gawr:(You know you don't need to yell at the sky, right? You don't need to talk at all, I can hear your thoughts, idiot!)

Gura:" Oh great, you could've told me that earlier!"

Gawr:(I thought you knew!)

Gura:" Yeah well, I forgot! "

Gawr:(Not my problem. You're still talking out loud, by the way.)

Gura:" YEAH I KNOW I AM!"

...

Bae and Amelia had an idea of what was going on, but they still looked just as confused as the rest of the girls.

Kronii:" Uhh Gura? Did you forget to take your meds today by any chance?"

Gura:" Ehehehe... As you can see, Gawr is back... "

Amelia:" But I thought you beat her..."

Gura:" I did, but she's still here..."

Ina:" So, you can hear her voice in your head like before? "

Gura:" Yeah, unfortunately. Wish I could put her on mute or something. "

Gawr:(Hey! That's rude! What did I ever do to you?!)

Gura:" You almost killed me a couple minutes ago!"

Gawr:(You were already dead, retard! And if it weren't for me, you'd still be dead! How about showing some gratitude?)

Gura:" Ugh fine, I'm grateful! Can I just talk to my friends for a bit without you saying something in the background?"

Gawr:(I give you one minute.)

Gura:" Grrrr..."

Fauna:" What did she say?"

Gura:" One minute until she starts talking again..."

Amelia:" Ah whatever, I'll take it! "

She says and embraces Gura once again.

Ina:" Hey, I wanna hug you too! I'm so happy you're back!" she hugs them both after saying that

Fauna:" Me too! You came back in such a weird way, then you messed with us a bit too, it was hard to know how to feel about everything... I still can't believe you're back, I'm so proud of you!! " then she joins the hug too.

Amelia:" I still can't believe you did that! We were all so worried about you the whole time! "

Gura:" I'm sorry!! I just couldn't resist! But now I feel so bad about it... Oh wait a second, how did you guys even figure out that I was fighting Gawr?"

The four girls stopped hugging and they slightly backed away.

Amelia:" Your wounds from your battle, they were all transferring to your real body... Man, I got so scared when that cut on your neck appeared... Then you got that hole on your palm and, well that scared me too, but at least I knew that you were still fighting!"

Gura:" Yeah... And I only kept fighting because of you! "

Amelia:" Me? " she asked with a slight blush on her face.

Gura:" That attack which put that cut on my neck, it also cut the head of my trident... I thought it was over, I was ready to give up... And then I just suddenly heard your voice in my head! I heard you cheering me on, Ame! You're the reason I won!"

Amelia:" Woah, no way! I knew it! I knew you could hear me! Good thing I never stopped cheering you on!" she said with a blush and a huge smile on her face. 

Sana:" Wait, you only heard Amelia? "

Gura:" Uhh yeah, did you guys cheer me on too? "

Sana:" Amelia was doing it the whole time, but then told us to do it too and we listened to her..."

Gura:" Oh... Sorry, I only heard Ame... "

Bae:" You mean we all started yelling at you and you couldn't even hear us? That's disappointing... Well, at least you were able to beat Gawr this time, good job! "

Then, upon hearing Bae's voice, something inside of Gura just snapped. Her eyes turn red and her voice sounded different than usual.

Gawr:" That voice... I KNEW IT, IT'S THAT FUCKING RAT! "

She finally notices Bae that was standing behind Sana and Mumei, and she loses it.

Mumei:" Oooh, this looks funny, I'm gonna move out of the way."

Bae:" WHAT HEY!!" she yells and now hides directly behind Sana.

Gawr gets up and clenches her fists in anger.

Gawr:" GET OVER HERE YOU RAT! GIVE ME BACK MY POWERS YOU FUCKING BITCH!!!"

Bae:" Uhhh I don't know, you don't really sound convincing right now! "

Gawr:" GRRR-"

Amelia that was sitting on the ground, shifted onto her knees and quickly wraps her arms around her tail and Gawr lets out a squeal.

Amelia:" Hey Gawr! Calm down, Bae is on our side! I don't know what happened between you two, but save it for later!"

Gawr turns around with a huge blush on her face.

Gawr:" Nngh... Alright, alright! Let go of my tail, you c-can't just grab it like that!"

Amelia lets out a sigh and slowly lets go of her tail, and then stands up completely. Then, the rest of the girls that were sitting on the ground got up also.

Fauna:(Oh man, hearing my Gura swear so casually in such an angry tone... I don't like it! Well, I guess it wasn't my Gura, but still! Hope she doesn't pick up the way she talks...)

Gawr:" Sheesh, didn't Gura tell you? Our tails are s-sensitive..."

Amelia:" Oh I know that, but she lets me touch it like, all the time! "

Gawr:" Wh-WHAT?! Well, does she at least touch your boobs in return?" she asked with a smug look on her face, Amelia simply turned her head with a blush on her face.  "Woah, nice one Gura! Alright, giving you your body back now! " she says her eyes return to being blue.

Bae:(So, even though Gura beat her, Gawr can take over her body whenever she wants? That's scary...)

Gura:" Hey, don't just take over my body without permission! Especially if you're gonna attack one of my friends!"

Gawr:(Friends?! I knew it, you were lying to me back then! How dare you?!)

Gura:" Of course I lied! And I know you hate her, but she's on our side and you're just gonna have to deal with it!" 

Gawr:(Ugh fine! But don't expect me to work together with her or something! I just won't attack her. Probably. And why are you still talking out loud??)

Gura:" Well, if I wasn't, there would be this awkward silence and people would just talk over us too..."

Kronii:" I know she's talking to Gawr, but wow, this is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen..."

Gawr:(I guess that makes sense. And wow, is it me, or is it just like, SUPER HOT in here?)

Gura:" Oh yeah, you're right, it is super hot in here..." she says while stretching out the collar of her hoodie " I felt like I wanted to cry from happiness earlier too, but I just couldn't... Wait a second, where are Calli and Kiara?! " she asks while looking around and then looks up at the sky as she notices the fight.

Mumei:" Oh, you finally noticed? They've been fighting The Ancient Ones on their own. At first it was just Kiara, but then Calli joined her too. And I hate to say this... But they're not gonna last much longer... "

Gura:" What?! What do you mean? "

Mumei:" They've been using a combined form, which takes a huge toll on them and drains their energy extremely fast. Honestly, I'm surprised they've lasted this long. They're the reason it's so hot in here too. "

Gura:" So it was them... "


When that explosion of energy occurred while their blades were colliding, Kiara, Calli and The Ancient Ones all got a shocked expression on their face. Their eyes widened, the energy they felt was unknown to them, and yet, they knew what it was.

Calli:" Is that..."

All of a sudden, The Ancient Ones started fighting more aggressively. They kept attacking, quickly moving all around their big Phoenix and giving it cuts all over.

AO:(We do not know how she has done it, but that shark has come back to life. We will kill you both, before you ever get the chance to see her again!)

The Phoenix does all it can to withstand the attacks. It grabs its sword with both hands and swings it at The Ancient Ones. They easily block the attack with their own sword.

AO:(On second thought... Yes... We will use the shark as a distraction!)

The Ancient Ones shoot a purple slash of energy from their sword and push the two girls in their Phoenix, until they're close enough to see the girls below clearly.

AO:" How amusing! It would appear that a certain fish has come back from the dead."

When she hears them say that, Calli gets excited and turns around and looks down to see her.

Calli:" IT'S GURA, I KNEW IT!! SHE'S BA-"

The Ancient Ones use this chance to portal right in front of her. They quickly punch with one of their huge fists, the blue shield protecting them breaks instantly, as if it were made out of glass. They punch Calli and send her flying while spitting out blood. As soon as Calli lets go off Kiara's hand, their huge Phoenix disappears. She turned around towards Calli right away.

Kiara:" CALLI!!" 

Kiara quickly looks back at The Ancient Ones with an angry expression, but as soon as she does, they swing their huge sword down at her and slice her left arm off and she returns back to her original form. Her sword, shield, along with the arm that had just been cut off, all start falling down. The Ancient Ones grab her with one of their huge arms right away and then charge an energy blast in their hand and shoot it down at them. A huge explosion occurs as soon as the energy blast connects with its target. Amelia's eyes widen, as it looks like she had noticed something strange, but doesn't say anything. There was nothing left of the arm, shield or the sword. The big arm that was holding their huge sword disappears, their sword returns to its original size, and it falls back into their right hand. 

AO:" Congratulations, Takanashi Kiara. Your life will finally come to an end." they say as their big hand proceeds to squeeze her tighter.

Kiara:" FUCK YOU! I'm not... Done yet!" (Looks like I wasn't strong enough to beat them... I'm sorry Mumei... Goodbye, everyone...) 

It all happened within seconds, the girls on the ground didn't have time to stop any of it. Kiara begins to glow a bright orange color, then Mumei's eyes widen upon seeing it. Amelia seems to have figured out what's going on too. 

Amelia:" Is she trying to-"

Mumei:" OH NO YOU WON'T!!"

Mumei jumped and left a small crater in the ground upon doing so. With her wings flapping, accompanied by a huge stream of wind following her she got between Kiara and The Ancient Ones within seconds. She punches them in the stomach with both fists at the same time.

AO:(How did she?-)

Mumei:" DUAL AIR BLAST!! "

Two cylindrical streams of wind shoot from her fists and send The Ancient Ones far away, bouncing off the rooftops of dozens of buildings. The arm that was holding Kiara disappears, she stops glowing and begins to fall, and Mumei quickly goes down after her.

Mumei:" I hope you don't think I'm going to catch you." 

Kiara:" I'm sorry..." 

With her teeth and fists clenched in anger, Mumei gets closer to her and a tear escapes her eye right before she punches her in the face, sending her flying down. As she was falling down, her wings began withering away, until they were completely gone. When Calli, who had crashed into a building, saw that, she quickly got out and flew towards her. She catches her in her arms, and both her and Mumei land next to the girls.

Gura and Ina seemed angry at her, the rest were confused, while Amelia, Fauna and Calli understood what just happened. Calli sets Kiara down on the ground and Fauna quickly gets on her knees behind her, puts her hands on her shoulders and starts healing her.

Gura:" Mumei!? What did you do that for?! " 

Calli:" Mumei... I know why you did that but still, you could have killed her..."

Mumei:" If I wanted to, she'd be dead already." 

Ina:" Calli, Mumei, what are you talking about?..." 

Mumei:" Go on Kiara, tell them. Tell them what you just tried to do!" 

Ina:" Kiara?" 

Kiara:" I..." she struggled and couldn't bring herself to respond.

Amelia:" You tried to blow yourself up, to take The Ancient Ones down with you, didn't you?" 

Gura:" Kiara..."

Kiara:" Hey Gura... You're red now... Haha nice..."

Ina:" Is that true, Kiara? Is that what that glowing was?" 

Kiara:"... It's true. "

Gura:" Wait, Kiara, why aren't you regenerating?"

Fauna:" She sacrificed her immortality in order to use a stronger form. And after the form runs out, she will lose all her powers."

Kiara:" My Phoenix powers are already gone, I'm useless now. You should have just let me do it. I was prepared to die as soon as I entered that form."

Mumei gets angry upon hearing that, clenches her teeth and forms a knife-hand, with wind circling around it. 

Mumei:" ALRIGHT, IF YOU WANT TO DIE THAT BADLY!!"

She goes to stab Kiara, but someone grabs her hand and her wind stops instantly.  No one can believe what they just saw, Amelia had stopped Mumei's attack.

Amelia:" That's enough. I know you're angry at her, you have every right to be. You can beat her up all you want when this is all over, but right now isn't the time for something like this." 

Mumei:(How? What just happened? How did she... Stop my wind?...) 

Kiara:(Ame... How did you do that?...)

Mumei was beyond confused, but she listens to her and slowly backs away as Amelia lets go of her hand.

Bae:" Hey Mumei, give her a break. She thought she was going to die, I'd try to take the enemy down with me if I were her too."

Mumei:" Don't try to make her feel better! She should have known that I would save her. That I wouldn't let anything happen to her. Especially after... I already let someone die today."

Gura:" Mumei..."

Mumei:" And Kiara, did you ever stop to think that your attack wouldn't have been enough to kill them? You barely had energy left, your self destruction wouldn't even scratch them! You were going to throw your life away for nothing! And even if it would have been enough... Blowing yourself up is no way to defeat an enemy. No good student of mine would ever even think about doing that. You're a disappointment... And I'm a failure as your Master..." 

Kiara:" No Mumei... Please don't say that..." 

Gawr:(I feel like we missed a lot here, ay?)

Gura:" Alright, that's enough. Don't worry about anything anymore. I'll destroy The Ancient Ones myself. No one interfere." 

Amelia:" Gura, are you sure you can do it on your own?"

Gura:" Don't worry about it. I'm stronger than before. I admit I was weak before. Both physically and emotionally... That's why you bought that tranquillizer gun without telling me, isn't it? You knew I wouldn't be able to do it. But I'm different now."

Amelia:" Woah... You're like, stronger AND smarter than before!"

Gawr:(Pffft ahahahahhaha, I think I like this woman!)

Gura:" ...I'm going to take that as a compliment. And besides... I'm not alone. Gawr is helping me too. " 

Gawr:(Awwww!)

Kiara:" Gura wait! I can tell you're stronger than before, but I have to tell you something about The Ancient Ones and their regeneration before you go. The-" 

Kiara stops talking when she sees Gura not paying attention to her, with her eyes looking up at the sky. 

Gawr:(I don't see what's the hype around this thing. I already killed things that can regenerate back in Atlantis.)

Kiara:" Uhhh are you listening?" 

Gura:" Oh sorry, Gawr was talking to me. She said she already killed things that can regenerate back in Atlantis."

Kiara:(Who's Gawr?!) " No, don't underestimate them! I'm assuming destroying those creatures' heads was enough to kill them, wasn't it? Well, The Ancient Ones are different. I destroyed the top half of their body, and their bottom half started moving independently without even regenerating. If you want to kill them, you have to destroy them completely. But don't even bother with their sword, even if you destroy it, they can summon it again. Oh and... Whenever you damage them and they regenerate, they return stronger, faster and more durable than before... The same applies to their sword."

Gawr:(Oh so they're like you, but better since they can regenerate. My power is still cooler though.)

Gura:" Wait, their sword? Actually, I did see it already, but I'm still a bit confused about it. Well, I guess having a sword doesn't matter that much. Thanks for the info, Kiara. " she says and slowly starts walking away with her fists clenched. " I'll make them pay for what they've done. No one makes my Ame cry and gets away with it!" 

Kiara:" Hey, what about me and Calli? And they killed you too!" 

Gura:" Uhhh yeah, that's bad too, I guess!" 

...

Everyone was surprised, when hearing that Gura cared about Amelia crying more than anything else, even her own death. Amelia started blushing while the others just smiled.

Kiara:" Well, I guess I can't be too surprised about that. "

The Ancient Ones appear out of a portal further away in front of Gura, while holding their sword in their right hand.

Gura:(Alright Gawr, are you ready?)

Gawr:(Who do you think you're talking to?)

 

To Be Continued...


Can't believe I finished this in less than a day lmfao. Hope you liked it! Don't have much to say about this one, except LOVE GAWR!! 
Don't know when the next one will be out, maybe somewhere in the middle of February but don't take my word for it. 
PS. Planning on making a YouTube video regarding some Amelia lore nonsense so, that will probably take up a bit of my time.

9