Chapter 14, Part One: The Timeless Protector
143 7 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girls all watched in shock, as the sand particles got scattered across the sky. Mumei's mouth began to shake, while tears formed in her eyes.

Mumei:" Kronii... N-no way..."

AO:" We must admit, this is not how We expected the Time Warden to go down. After all, she claimed to have foresaw Us getting reduced to dust. How ironic." they say with a smug look on their face.

With blood dripping from their arm, The Ancient Ones raise it up and start licking Kronii’s blood.

While everyone is trying to break out of the chains, Mumei stared The Ancient Ones down and clenches her teeth in anger upon seeing that. She opens her mouth, draws in air and prepares to attack. 

Fauna:" Mumei don't." she closes her mouth and turns to Fauna, who continues talking "If you do that, you'll only anger them and they could kill Amelia sooner! We-" 

Mumei:" D-don't you care about Kronii?! She's-" 

Fauna:" Of course I care! But there's nothing we can do about her right now… Do you want Amelia to die too?!"

Mumei:" I- "

Fauna:" Come on, we have to find a way to break out of these chains so we can save her! "

Calliope Mori, who was equally trapped within the chains that were once hers, puts her head down in despair, then opens her mouth to speak.

Calli:" It's no use.. The Chains of Hell are unbreakable... "

Kiara, who is still being held by Mumei tightly, quickly turns to her left to look at her. 

Kiara:" Can't you do something about them, Calli?! These are your chains, aren't they?!" 

Calli:" I can't... They're not my chains, I can just summon them. But if someone else were to use them against me, I too would become powerless because of them..." 


Gura's hands were tied behind her back with the chains. She desperately tries to reach into her pocket, but to no avail.

Gura:(Gawr! Can you come out of me like before??)

Gawr:(I can't, I already tried! These chains are affecting me too!)

Gura:(Can you put your hand into my pocket at least?!)

Gawr:(Huh, why?)

Gura:(Cause Bloop is in there! He's the only one who can help us right now!)

Gawr:(WHAT?! He's in there?!)

Gura:(We don't have time for this Gawr, can you do it or not?!)

Gawr:(I-I can't... My hands are stuck in the same way yours are... I can't move them at all...)

Gura:" Dammit! Is there really nothing we can do?..." she says with her mouth shaking and tears forming in her eyes. 


Sana stared the chains down intensely, but nothing happened. Then she decided to hug Ina tighter 

Sana:(My gravity attacks aren't working on these chains... I have to at least... Keep protecting Ina!...)

Ina:(Sana hugging me like this... Why does it feel so familiar? It's not like before... Not to comfort, but to protect... It's like back then, at the library...)

She seems to have remembered something, something she has long forgotten, and she looks up at Sana. Ina slowly opens her mouth, as if she wants to say something, but stops and just turns her sight onto her friend, who is now the target of The Ancient Ones.


Amelia was frozen in fear. All she could do was watch, as her friends desperately struggled to escape, in an effort to save her. And watch as The Ancient Ones continued to lick Kronii's blood off of their hand. Until they stop and put their hand down to look her in the eyes.

AO:" Now then. To finish what we started." 

Amelia gets startled upon hearing their voice. As she slowly moves her hands behind her, she feels something on the ground.

Amelia:(This...) her eyes shifted down to see her hand was touching Kronii's short sword. (Kronii's sword... When did it get there? Did she put it there before she...) 

Amelia quickly grabs the sword, right before The Ancient Ones stretch out their right arm and grab her by her neck. While smearing the remains of Kronii’s blood over her neck, they retract their arm and bring her closer. While gripping onto the sword tightly with her right hand, she puts her left hand on the arm that is holding her.. Gura yells out her name, and as Amelia looks at the rest of the girls, with tears in her eyes, her eyes widen as she notices something. 

AO:" Incredible. Any normal mortal would die by simply looking at Us, by hearing Our voice... And yet, nothing has happened to you, despite being touched by Us. Are you truly just a normal human?

Amelia's demeanor suddenly changes, as she looks back at The Ancient Ones. Her tears stop flowing, there is no fear in her eyes, instead she has a smug look on her face. 

Amelia:" I-I don't know... Have you tried asking your mom?... " 

AO:" You can make jokes in such a situation? Do you not realize your life is about to end?" they say as they squeeze her neck tighter. 

Amelia:" Hah... Yeah right, you're not gonna kill me... You're too scared... " she says and lets out a few coughs.

The Ancient Ones were confused by her words, but so were the girls watching it. 

Gura:" Why... Why is she saying these things?... "

Gawr:(Is she trying to get killed faster?!)

AO:(What is wrong with her? Just a moment ago, she was terrified for her life. And now suddenly, We sense no fear in her.) " You have seen Us kill The Time Warden right before your eyes, and yet, you believe We will not do the same to you? "

Amelia:" That's right... You couldn’t kill me back then, in Ina’s house… And you won’t now either... Pussy." 

AO:" We can tell that what We are seeing right now is simply a façade. Are you not going to use your watch to escape as The Time Warden had told you? Is it because We are holding you? We can let go, if you wish to escape." they say with a smug look on their face. 

Amelia:" Fuck you! I-I'm not going anywhere! You're supposed to be some kind of a ‘God’... But to me, you're just a monster. And monsters... DON'T SCARE ME!! "

Amelia, while holding onto their arm with her left hand, swings Kronii's sword with all her might at The Ancient Ones. She hits them in the side of their neck, but it does them absolutely no damage. While panting in exhaustion, she puts her hands down and drops the swords onto the ground. 

Amelia:" D-dammit..." 

AO:" Your courage is admirable, Amelia Watson. However, it does not matter if you are using the Time Warden's weapon, with your level of power, you can do Us no harm." 


Bae charges lasers from her eyes, while staring The Ancient Ones down.

AO:" Are you sure you want to do that, rat? Our hand might slip, and you could hit this human instead. "

Bae instantly stops her attack upon hearing their remark.

Bae:" T-there's nothing we can do... Even if we manage to break out, they could just use Amelia as a shield..."

More and more tears flow from Gura's eyes, as she sees the grip around Amelia's neck grow tighter. 

Gura:" The Ancient Ones, wait!! Please, just stop!! She doesn't have any powers, she can't do anything to you... So please, don't hurt her!!!" 

AO:" SILENCE!! After all the humiliation you have caused Us, you expect Us to listen to your requests?!?!" 

The Ancient Ones tighten their grip and their nails grow longer, digging into the skin of Amelia's neck and making her bleed in five different spots. Amelia struggles to breathe, while grabbing their arm with both hands. 

Gura:" NO PLEASE!! I'M BEGGING YOU, STOP IT!! PLEASE, JUST KILL ME INSTEAD!! "

The girls all tear up as they hear Gura beg for Amelia's life. When unexpectedly, The Ancient Ones loosen their grip and their nails shorten, no longer stabbing Amelia's neck. 

AO:" Very well. We will not kill her. You will. "

The Ancient Ones turn their head and stretch out their arm towards Gura's trident. With the Chains of Hell still wrapped around the handle, they grab it and retract their arm. 

AO:" One's weapon is an extension of their soul. Now watch, as We use yours to end her life!"

Gawr:(That bastard's gonna use our trident?!) 

Gawr, who was laying on the ground in the arena, stuck in the same position as Gura, was getting more and more angry by the second. She clenched her teeth and fists harder and harder.

Gura:(My trident... Amelia... Her b-blood will be on my trident...) she clenches her fists, as even more of her tears fall onto the ground.

When The Ancient Ones turn back to face Amelia, they see her with tears streaming down her face, while still having a smug look on her face. And somehow, Kronii's blood from her body has vanished. 

Amelia:" What's wrong? Can't kill me without a weapon huh?! Y-you're even weaker than I thought! R-retard..." 

AO:" That is an odd choice of last words. It is over." they say as they raise Gura's trident up in the air. “Farewell Amelia Watson. The powerless one. "

Gura:" NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! "

Gura screams out with tears in her eyes, while the rest of the girls close their eyes and look away. 


Amelia:" Tch! You sure are taking your sweet time!... KRONIII!!!!

She yells out her fallen friend's name while looking up at the sky and The Ancient Ones swing the trident downwards. Then, just when it seems like Amelia is about to meet her end, her timeless protector returns, appearing to be flying towards the two. The Ancient Ones slow down when they notice her presence, and they turn their head towards her in confusion, but she doesn't give them any time to comprehend her return from the dead. With blue energy surrounding her fist, Kronii gives them a powerful punch to their face.

In their disarray, they lose grip of both Gura's trident and Amelia. As The Ancient Ones get sent flying, both are slightly thrown into the air, Kronii quickly moves and catches Amelia in her arms, while the trident falls to the ground and Kronii lands next to it right after.

However, leaving a dent in their face was not the only thing her punch did. Kronii made sure to remind them of her title. The Time Warden’s punch sends them flying, with dozens of translucent clock symbols following them. Until The Ancient Ones suddenly disappear and a tesseract appears in their place, but to some, it only looks like a cube. Right after they disappeared, so did the Chains of Hell that were binding everyone, and the girls were finally released. 


As Kronii looks down at her, their eyes meet. She gets a slight smile on her face, while Amelia tears up.

Amelia:" Kronii..."

Kronii gets down on one knee and slowly sets her onto the ground.

Kronii:" Hey, sorry I'm la-"

Amelia:" I KNEW YOU'D COME BACK FOR ME!!" she says excitedly and embraces her.

Kronii, stunned by the sudden embrace at first, hugs her back while patting her back. Amelia slightly backs away from her, furrows her eyebrows and opens her mouth to speak.

Amelia:" What took you so long?! I almost died! Again!" 

Kronii:" Yeah, it looks like you took some damage..." she says while looking at the holes in her neck " Let me take care of that."

Kronii waves her hand in front of her and a small blue clock appears in front of her neck. It moves counterclockwise, and her blood goes up back into the holes, which then close up, as if she never even took damage. The clock vanishes as Amelia puts her hand on her neck. 

Amelia: (She said she could only use that ability on herself... Well, no point asking her about it, it must be since she took off her seal...) " Th-thanks..."

Kronii:" So, how'd you figure out that I was gonna come back?" she said, while helping Amelia get up from the ground. 

Amelia:" It was thanks to the Council." she says, as she recalls the moment when she looked at them " None of them seemed sad about your death. They were just worried about me and kept trying to get out of those chains. Then, I remembered something Fauna told me, back when I injected you with Watson's Concoction."


Some time ago, in Fauna's house

Amelia and Gura were both sitting on a bed, while Fauna was standing in front of them. They both had smiles on their faces, until Amelia’s turned into a frown. She lets out a sigh and Fauna crouches in front of her, while Gura turns her head towards them. 

Fauna:" Hey what's wrong? You don't really seem too happy about your first big win against Kronii..." 

Amelia:" It's just... She seemed really bad after I injected her... She kept throwing up and she looked like she was about to die... I don't want her to die... "

Gura:" Isn't she the one trying to kill you all this time? You're just defending yourself!" 

Amelia:" I know, but she's The Warden of Time and I'm a time traveler! She's just doing her job, isn't she? Would be a bit messed up to kill her for doing her job... I wanted to mess with her a bit, but I didn't expect the drug to have such an effect on her. Besides, time traveling too would be boring without her chasing me... "

Fauna stands up, while looking relieved.

Fauna:" Oh so that's what you're brooding over. You can relax Ame, I'm pretty sure someone like her can't die."

Amelia:" You think? "

Fauna:" Well, if this woman is like Time or something, wouldn't the whole world fall apart if someone like her were to die?"

Amelia:" Huh, I didn't think of it that way. I guess even if she somehow dies, she'll just come back to life... Well that's a relief!"

Fauna:" Yup! So don't worry! Even if she did die, she'll be back, more annoying than ever!" she says while patting her head.


At the moment when Amelia was captured by The Ancient Ones and she looked at the girls

Amelia:(That's right! Fauna didn't say that cause she was just speculating, she knew Kronii couldn't die! Kronii will come back for me, I'm sure of it! I just have to buy her some time!) she thought, then looked at The Ancient Ones with a smug look on her face. 


Present time

As Amelia was about to continue talking, Kronii interrupts her.

Kronii:" Wait so, none of them were sad? N-not even Fauna?!" 

Amelia:" Uhhh no, definitely not Fauna. Mumei was actually pretty upset about it, but I figured she just forgot that you couldn't die and that's why she reacted that way." 

Kronii:" Wow..." she looks down at the ground with a frown on her face "I guess I'm breaking up with Fauna then... " she said quietly, not thinking that Amelia would hear her. 

Amelia:" You what??" 

Kronii:" Nothing! You were saying?!" 

Amelia:" Uhhh yeah so, to buy you time, I decided to start talking shit to them!"

Kronii:" So that's why you did that!"

Amelia:" Yeah and it looks like it worked, you came back just in time! Was a little too close for comfort!"

Kronii:" Uhhhh yeah, about that... I was kinda just waiting for them to attack. An enemy is most vulnerable during their attack, you know!"

Amelia just stared at her blankly, without saying a word.

Kronii:" But hey, good job out there with the shit talking! Proud of you! " she says and pats her head intensely.

Amelia:" Grrr... Oh wait! I knew you were gonna come back, but how did you do it exactly? "

Kronii:" Oh, I just altered the future and rewrote my death, no biggie! That's also how I escaped those chains. If I still had my seal on, you would've died."

Amelia:" Right, that seal... Still can't believe you were fighting while being nerfed... "

Kronii crosses her arms with a smug look on her face before replying.

Kronii:" Well, The Ancient Ones were pretty weak before so, there was just no need for me to use my true power heh!"

Amelia:" I guess that's true... And what did you do with them when you punched them?" 

She turns and points towards the structure behind them, which only some can see for what it truly is. 

Amelia:" They kinda just disappeared into that tesseract looking thing... "

Kronii:(Ooookay, she can perceive the fourth dimension... I guess I can't be surprised, given what I found out about her...) " Let's just say that I made a 'The Ancient Ones Getting Owned Compilation' and made them relive it infinitely. "

Amelia:" Woah awesome! Did you put the part where I'm shit talking them??"

Kronii:"... Sure! Oh but knowing them, they'll be breaking out of it soon enough. So unfortunately, it isn't an eternal Hell for them. "


Right after she said that, the two can see the top half of Calli's body, flying and crashing into a building. Amelia quickly turns to see that the tesseract is still there, then turns back to Kronii.

Amelia:" What's going on?! The Ancient Ones are still in your tesseract, aren't they?!"

Kronii:" That wasn't from The Ancient Ones..."

They can hear beast-like growls from the direction of the girls, and a huge explosion of red energy bursting upward. As they rush towards the rest of the girls, they see Ina and Kiara running up to them.

Ina:" Ame, quickly!"

Kiara:" I-It's Gura! She's lost it!! "

Amelia:" What?!” 

 

To Be Continued...


Hiii, sorry for the wait! This isn't actually all I wrote, there's more, but I thought it'd be better to show that in the next part. I'll try to finish the next part as soon as possible! Most likely by the end of this week! 

PS. join da discord: https://discord.gg/kgJRHeMfnq 

7