Chapter 14, Part Two: A Raging Beast
153 9 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few minutes earlier

The Chains of Hell disappeared and Mumei was shocked to see Kronii return from the dead, while the rest of The Council just let out a sigh of relief. 

Mumei:" Kronii? S-she's back... "

Fauna looks at Mumei, as they slowly sit up on the ground.

Fauna:" Oh wow, I wasn't sure if you were just really good at acting, or if you actually forgot that Kronii can't die..."

Mumei:" WHAT?! Well, why didn't you remind me?! "

Fauna:" Well, I didn't want The Ancient Ones to find out! So, I just played along... Sorry! "

Mumei:" Awww man! I can't believe I forgot that! But my gosh that was close, Kronii came back just in time! “


Calli lets out a sigh of relief and with a smile on her face, opens her mouth to speak.

Calli:” I couldn’t foresee Amelia’s death so I had a feeling something was gonna happen. I’m glad I was right.” 

Kiara:” I’m so happy Ame is okay! I just wanna go over there and talk to her, but I think we should just leave her alone with Kronii for a bit.”

Bae:” Yeah, those two definitely have a lot to talk about right now.” 

Kiara looks around and notices something different about the air, then looks at Fauna.

Kiara:” Hey, I just noticed it’s not as cold as before! Did you turn the coldness down or something, Fauna?” 

Fauna:” Oh uhhhh… It must be from those chains! They contained my coldness within me and I just stayed like that it seems…” 

Mumei:” Oh nice! It was too cold before!” 

Fauna:” Haha yeah, looks like those chains did something good!” (I totally wasn’t making it cold before on purpose cause they all looked cute when they were freezing…)


Sana and Ina sit up straight and look at the two in the distance, with smiles on their faces.

Sana:” Kronii really waited for the last moment to come back huh… “

Ina turns to Sana and remembers the feeling of being held by her.

Ina:" Sana... Were you... That library woman?" she asked quietly. 

Sana gets startled upon hearing her question, before turning to look her in the eyes.

Sana:'' I... Uhhh... Maybe we shouldn't talk about this right now..." 

Ina:" Y-you are, aren't you?!" 

Sana:" I'll tell you everything when this is over, okay?" she says, while patting her head.

Ina:” O-okay… I trust you.”


The girls who were all happy about the return of Kronii, happy about Amelia's safety, turn to Gura and notice something. She was on her knees, frozen. She wasn't shocked, wasn't happy, she wasn't relieved, she was different... Her hands were gripping onto the ground, making small holes in it, with tears escaping her eyes. 

Gura:(Amelia... My love... My everything... Almost died... Couldn't protect...) 

But she wasn't the only one that was angry. 

Gawr:(That bastard... With her… Own trident...) 

Gawr was in the same position as Gura. Both were angry about different things. Both were so enraged, the only thing they could hear was loud ringing from within them. They could not even hear each other's voices.  

Gura:(She knew...) 

"I KNEW YOU'D COME BACK FOR ME!!

Gura:(That Kronii would save... Knew... That I wouldn't...) 

Gawr:(They made… Her cry... They...)

"PLEASE, JUST KILL ME INSTEAD!!"

Gawr:(Made her say... Such things...)

Gura’s hair slowly turns completely red, and as it grows longer, her hair pins pop off. The girls all quickly get up and back away from her.

Fauna:" G-Gura?! What's wrong?"

She couldn't hear a word. All she could hear were her own dark thoughts, accompanied by the loud ringing.

Kiara:" It must be because of Amelia..." 

Fauna:" D-don't worry, she's okay! Kronii saved her! So please, calm down!"

Gura's tail turns red and suddenly grows larger. It reaches the ground and makes a crater upon touching it. Her nails follow in suit, growing longer and turning red.

Fauna:" Gura please, just snap out of it! "

Fauna runs up to her and Gura looks up. With her eyes glowing red and her teeth grinding against one another.

Calli:" NO, DON'T!!"

Calli quickly runs and pushes Fauna away, as Gura swings her huge tail towards her. She cuts her in half and sends the top half flying into a building. 

Kiara:” CALLI!!”

Gura lets out beast-like growls, as an enormous amount of red energy bursts high into the sky. 

Mumei:" GO GET AMELIA, QUICKLY!! She's the only one who can calm her down!!" 

Kiara and Ina listen to her and quickly run up to Amelia and Kronii, while the rest remain in place, surrounding Gura.  


After they leave, Fauna phases through the ground and emerges from a section of the building, next to where Calli crashed into.

Fauna:" I'm sorry Calli, this is all my fault... I should've known not to get close to her when she's like that..."

Calli:" It's alright, not like I can die." she says, while coming out of the broken building. 

Fauna:" I know, but I can't die either, you didn't have to do that! I just wish I could do something for you..."

Calli:" Thanks, but we both know what would happen if you tried to heal me... Can you just help me get to my bottom half? "

Fauna:" It's the least I can do."

Fauna picks her top half up and puts her over her shoulder, then flies down towards her bottom half.


Amelia and Kronii both rush towards Gura and as the rest of the girls step away, Amelia is shocked to see the state she is in. She was on all fours, gripping onto the ground with her hands and feet, which made craters in it. With anger in her eyes and her teeth clenched, she kept growling, as if she were a feral animal. And suddenly, her eyes shift backwards, when her hoodie gets ripped up by a huge red shark fin jutting out of her back. Blood can be seen dripping from parts of the fin.

Amelia lets out a gasp and puts her hand over her mouth upon seeing that.

Amelia:" Gura!!" she yells out with tears in her eyes.

As Amelia is about to run towards her, Kronii stops her by putting her hand on her shoulder. 

Kronii:" No, don’t!"

Amelia:" What?! Why not?!" she turns to her angrily.

Kronii:" Did you not see what she did to Calli?! She's gone crazy!!"

Amelia:" I-I saw..." she says as she looks back at Gura
" But it'll be different with me! I don't care how crazy she became, GURA WOULD NEVER HURT ME!! "

Amelia shakes off Kronii’s arm and runs up to Gura, then gets on her knees in front of her. Gura slowly raises her head and they look at each other in their eyes. As soon as their eyes meet, the loud ringing in Gura’s head gets quieter until it completely disappears. Her clenched teeth loosen up and she starts crying while breathing heavily instead.

Amelia:” Gura, I’m here!” she says while putting her hands on her shoulders, then looks behind Gura to see her massive tail flailing around.  “ WAOW your tail is HUGE!! Is this like a permanent change?!” she asked excitedly, while looking her in the eyes.

Gura doesn’t respond and continues breathing heavily, while the rest of the girls seem irritated at Amelia’s question.

Fauna:” Ame?!” 

Amelia snaps out of it and turns to Fauna.

Amelia:” Ooooh right!” she says and turns back to Gura “ Sorry! It’s not like I think your tail was too small before, it’s just SO BIG now! I can already imagine wrapping my arms and legs around it, then falling asleep like that, as if it were a huge pillow…”

Fauna:” THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEANT!! DO SOMETHING TO CALM HER DOWN!!”

Amelia:" I know that! " she says and turns towards the girls "I just had to let her know that I like her old smaller tail too!"

Kronii:" STOP TALKING ABOUT THE TAIL ALREADY!!"

Amelia quickly turns around to look at Gura in the face again.

Amelia:" Gura, I'm okay! Look!" she looks up and points to her neck " I don't have any wounds anymore either! " she looks back down into her eyes, then starts patting her head. 

As she's patting her head, Gura's breathing slows down and becomes more moderate, and the huge amount of red energy surrounding her dials down. 

Gura?:" A-Ame... "

Amelia:" See? I'm fine! Kronii saved me, AND healed me too!"

Upon hearing that, she looks down at the ground, and her heavy breathing continues.

Ina:" Ame, I don't think telling her that Kronii saved you is helping..."

Amelia turns out, looking confused.

Amelia:" But I thought me being saved was a good thing..."

Kiara:" Gura is upset cause she wasn't able to save you herself!"

Amelia:" Ohh!"

Bae:(But Gura isn't the only one... I can feel it... Something is making Gawr angry too...)

Amelia turns back to Gura once again, then puts a finger on her chin and raises her head with it.

Amelia:'' Gura, it's okay! It's all because of those chains... I know you would've saved me if it weren't for them!" she says while wiping Gura's tears with her hand. " Sana and Bae couldn't break out of those chains either! Even Kronii, she only escaped cause she altered the future! "

Her breathing switches once again, but her appearance shows no signs of changing.

Fauna:" I-is it working?... She looks calmer, but she still looks... Like that..."

Amelia:" Come on Gura, calm down please!” she says and then looks at her huge tail and gulp ”I-I know what will cheer you up! You want me to rub that huge tail of yours? You always liked tail rubs!"

Amelia gets up and quickly walks up to her tail.

Kronii:" I hope you're not doing this just because you want to touch that tail! " she says while crossing her arms.

Amelia:" Shhhhh! "

She starts slowly rubbing and squeezing her tail. Gura blushes and looks down at the ground, while the tip of her tail moves left and right like crazy.

Gura?:" Nnnghhh "

Amelia:(Wow... It's so soft and squishy...)

Bae:" Uhhh this looks like something we shouldn't be watching..."


Just when it seems that Gura has calmed down, a huge explosion of dark purple energy occurs from the direction of Kronii's tesseract. They all turn towards it and see the structure shatter, as if it were made of glass. Once it breaks, The Ancient Ones can be seen with their fists clenched, and a huge amount of dark purple energy surrounding them. 

AO:" TIME WARDEN!! You will regret this dearly!! We will make you wish you had stayed dead!" 

As soon as Gura notices their presence, she gets filled with rage once more. She lets out more growls, clenches her teeth, and the craters below her get even bigger. 

Amelia backs away from her, and the girls all step aside, which lets her see The Ancient Ones clearly. As soon as she looks at them, the image of them holding Amelia by her neck appears in her head, and the loud ringing that was tormenting her before, returns.

The red energy that has previously weakened, suddenly bursts upwards, stronger than ever before. Gura instantly jumps towards them, with the huge amount of red energy following her.

Gura?:" GRRAAAHHH I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!" she screamed out, in a voice that sounded like hers and Gawr’ combined.

The Ancient Ones quickly shifted their gaze from Kronii onto Gura and were shocked by her speed.

AO:(This power! We have no choice!) Anti Solar System Eradication Limiter! "

A dark purple cylindrical stream of energy surrounds them, but Gura pays no attention to it and keeps flying towards them with her fist out.

Gura?:" I'LL KILL YOU!!!!"

She punches through the stream of energy, which makes it disperse, and hits The Ancient Ones in their face. The punch was so strong, that in less than a second, they went through every single structure in a straight line, until they reached Fauna's diamond wall. Right before they hit the wall, Gura appears behind them and grabs them by their head, then bashes them through a dozen layers of walls, all composed of iron, diamond, and many other types of hard minerals.


Upon seeing that, Kronii waves her hand and a holographic screen appears in front of them, showing them the image of Gura bashing The Ancient Ones through Fauna’s walls.

Kronii:” I assume you want to see what’s going on, so here.”

Fauna:" S-she broke through all the layers of my walls already?!

Amelia:" Woah! I don't know if I should be impressed or worried… I hope she doesn’t go further than that!!"


After bashing them through the last layer of Fauna's wall, The Ancient Ones fall out of Gura's hand, as their head was no longer there. Gura instantly goes after them, grabs them by their leg and swings them and as they hit one of the diamond pieces, the leg that Gura is holding gets ripped off, and the rest of their body is sent crashing through multiple layers of the wall.

Within less than a second, The fully healed Ancient Ones come out of the rubbles, rushing towards her with their sword in hand. They swing it down at her, but their sword simply phases through her and she fades away.

AO:(An afterimage?!) 

The Ancient Ones look around, unable to find her anywhere. With their back turned, Gura appears from behind them, and does a roundhouse kick to their back, which sends them flying back in the direction of the rest of the girls. With red energy following her, she quickly flies in front of them, and kicks them upwards with her knee, which launches them high into the sky. She appears above them, puts her hands together, and hits them, which sends them flying back toward the ground. Before they reach the ground, she appears below them and launches them into the air with an uppercut. She goes after them once again, not giving them even a second rest. At the end of every attack, she was waiting for them with another, all while leaving red trails of energy behind her. An endless barrage of attacks, using both her arms and legs.


Gura and The Ancient Ones were now much closer to the girls than before, to the point that everyone was looking up at the two, instead of Kronii's holographic screen. 

Kronii:" Well, it looks like we won't be needing this anymore."

Kronii waves her hand like before, and the screen disappears, and she looks up at the two with the rest of the girls. 

Calli:" So uhhh... Are any of you gonna stop her? She's not even trying to kill them, she's just beating them up which is making them stronger..." 

Kiara:" Yeah, as satisfying as this looks, I have to agree..." 

Kronii:" Stop her? This is like my favorite part!" 

Fauna:" Favorite par- Stop foreseeing the future! "

Kronii:" Ugh, I hated it when you said that! "

Upon hearing Fauna's words, Ame lets out a small gasp, as she comes to a realization. 

Amelia:" Wait a second, Kronii! Quick question. Since you can foresee and alter the future, couldn't you have just saved me by punching them, without getting killed beforehand? "

Kronii:"... Y-yes, that would have been easier..."

Bae:" You didn't think of that, did you? "

Kronii:" O-of course I thought of it! I just thought this would be cooler!" she says while crossing her arms "Besides, if I didn't do that, Gura wouldn't have become like this." 

Amelia:" Dude, this isn't a good thing!!" 

Kronii:" Are you kidding me? She's destroying them!" she says as she turns to look at Gura and The Ancient Ones "And just look at the size of that thing!" 

Amelia looks up at the two and gulps before responding. 

Amelia:" Ugh I KNOW!! Like, I'm watching the fight, but I'm really just focusing on that tail... It’s so mesmerizing… I'll be honest, you dying was totally worth it for that huge tail, no offense." 

Kronii:" It’s okay, I understand. And at least now I found out who my real friends are!" she said loudly. 

Amelia:" What do you mean? "

Kronii:" Well, based on your reactions to my death..." she says and looks at Sana and Bae "Sana, Bae, we're no longer friends. "

Sana & Bae:" Whaaaa-"

Kronii ignores them, turns to Fauna and continues talking.

Kronii:" Fauna... I'm breaking up with you."

Fauna:" W-WHAT?!?! "

Kronii then turns to Mumei and puts her hand on her shoulder.

Kronii:" Mumei... You're my girlfriend now."

Mumei:" Oh okay!"

Fauna:" W-wait Kronii, you're not serious, are you?!"

Kronii:" I wasn't done! " she says and turns to Amelia " And Amelia, you're my best friend now."

Amelia:" Oh uhhh nice!"

Fauna grabs Kronii by her arm and she turns her head down to her. 

Fauna:" You mean I don't even get to be your best friend?! How could you?! "

Mumei:" Hey!" she separates the two and looks at Fauna " Don't talk to my girlfriend that way!"

Fauna:" Not now, Mumei!” she says, then looks up at Kronii. “Kronii, the only reason Mumei cried is because she forgot that you can't die! Don't you think that's a bit disrespectful?!" 

Kronii:" Sorry, what was that? I can't hear heartless beings. " she says and looks away with her hands crossed. 

Bae:" Then how can you hear The Ancient Ones? " she asks with a smug look on her face. 

Kronii quickly turns to her with her eyebrows furrowed. 

Kronii:" Alright RAT! You're already not my friend, do you want to become my enemy?!" 

The smug look on Bae's face instantly goes away and she turns her head. 

Then Fauna tugs on Kronii's arm once again, until she turns head to her. Her mouth shook, as she quietly said her name, with tears forming in her eyes. Kronii quickly puts her hands on Fauna's shoulders. 

Kronii:" Uhhh w-wait! I was kidding! I-I didn't mean it! I uhh take it back!!" 

Fauna sniffles while rubbing her eyes and Kronii bends to whisper something into her ear. She stops and instantly starts blushing, as Kronii backs away.

Fauna:" Woah r-really?!"

Kronii:" I will not repeat myself!" she says while blushing uncontrollably.

Fauna:" Heh works every time..." she said quietly.

Mumei taps Kronii on her shoulder and she turns to her. 

Mumei:" So uhhh, am I still your girlfriend?" 

Kronii:" Oh uhhhh... Sure!" 

Mumei:" Yaaay! "

Mumei gives her a hug and during it, Kronii turns to Fauna and shakes her head while mouthing the word “No” to her and Fauna lets out a sigh of relief afterwards.

Ina, after seeing that whole scene, looks up at Sana and opens her mouth to speak. 

Ina:" Uhh is it me, or were those three taking that bit too seriously?"

Sana:" I don't know…I just hope Kronii will want to be friends with me again..."

Ina:" Uhh okay Nevermind..." she said quietly.

Amelia:(That was interesting to watch... I wonder what Kronii said to her...)


Gura continued to mercilessly attack The Ancient Ones, becoming stronger and faster by the second. She didn't give them a single moment to counterattack. Her speed has increased so much that now The Ancient Ones simply stay in one spot, as she keeps rapidly moving and hitting them from every direction..

AO:(She keeps getting stronger and faster... We must do something.)

As Gura was about to hit them in their face, The Ancient Ones grab her fist with their hand. They push her away, summon a huge black fist and hit her, but she doesn’t move from the spot. She breathes heavily and yells as she backs away and punches the fist back, which makes it explode and disappear. The huge fist disappears, and Gura can be seen panting, with blood dripping from her forehand. 

As she moves towards them, The Ancient Ones back away and send out tentacles from their back towards her, and they wrap around Gura's body. They tighten around her, but Gura shows no signs of pain. She spreads out her arms and easily breaks free, then grabs their tentacles and rushes downward. Their tentacles stretch out as Gura is pulling them, then she proceeds to swing them into the ground repeatedly. She kept making a bigger and bigger crater, while letting out inhuman grunts. She stops and swings them sideways through multiple buildings, their tentacles rip off and they get sent flying. 

Gura looks around for them while breathing heavily, and The Ancient Ones  come out of a portal behind her, with their sword in hand. They swing it sideways towards her head, but she quickly turns around, bites the sword and rips it to shreds, then grabs them by their neck. 

AO:(She bit through Our sword!)

As she squeezes their neck tighter, The Ancient Ones simply smile, then point their palm towards her. A red pentagram appears in front of their palm and a black energy beam charges in front of it. Gura quickly swings her tail and cuts their hand off and the pentagram disappears.

As the hand is falling down, a black spike juts out of its palm and goes after Gura. She lets go of them and backs away, barely dodging the spike, until it changes course and goes down, straight through her stomach. She spits out loads of blood and as the spike retracts, it leaves a huge hole and she loses her balance. The Ancient Ones summon a huge black fist and punch her down, sending her toward the ground, but she manages to land on her feet, with her fists clenched and breathing heavily.


The girls were all shocked upon seeing the damage Gura took. With tears in her eyes, Amelia yells out her name, while Kronii is holding her back. 

Amelia:” Wh-what are you all waiting for?! Someone do something!!!” 

Kronii:” Wait… Just watch her.”

The girls, all worried except Kronii, watched closely and saw the hole in Gura’s stomach slowly becoming smaller.

Amelia:” She’s… Regenerating?” 

The Ancient Ones point their palm towards her and charge a dark purple energy ball, which was growing larger by the second.

AO:” Know your place. Primitive beast.” 

They shoot the huge ball of energy towards her and Fauna quickly puts both her hands against the ground while Sana puts up a gravitational field around the girls, right before their attack hits the planet and creates a huge explosion. Once the explosion dissipates, Gura is nowhere to be seen, the only thing that is visible is a crater in the place where she stood.

Amelia:(Calli can foresee someone’s death and Kronii can foresee the future…Despite that, neither of them seem worried or sad. No, actually…) she thought to herself as she looked up at Kronii to see her smiling with her arms crossed  (Kronii is smiling! This isn’t over, Gura is definitely still alive!) 

Amelia swallows nervously, as she keeps looking at the place where Gura used to stand. A chill goes down her spine and she quickly looks up at The Ancient Ones.

AO:” At last, We have killed her!” 

They say as they look down towards the rest of the girls, when suddenly, they get stabbed in  their chest from behind. They slowly turn their head to see Gura standing behind them, with a huge hole in the middle of her hoodie, but her stomach completely healed up. 

While piercing them with a knife-hand, she does a sideways slice and cuts them in half, then punches both halves downward and sends them crashing into the ground. Gura instantly flies down and lands next to their top half. She sits on top of it and then punches them in their face, making their head explode instantly. It quickly regenerates, but Gura hits them again right away. Left, right, both fists at the same time, she kept hitting them over and over again, even if there was no head to hit. Her rage has painted her sight to a vision of red and the only thing she could hear was the loud ringing in her head. 

Gura?:” KILL YOU!! I’LL!! KILL!! KILL YOU!!!” 

She yelled those words out repeatedly while punching them, which shook the Earth and made bigger and bigger cracks in it.


The rest of the girls, while happy about her return, were distressed at the crazed state Gura was in. As she continues to punch them, Fauna suddenly falls to her knees, while holding her head in pain. Everyone quickly looks down at her, while Kronii sits on the ground next to her and embraces her.

Kronii:” Fauna!!” 

Fauna:” Someone please… S-stop her…” 

Amelia:” Wh-what’s going on?!” 

Kronii:” It’s Gura! Her hits are doing too much damage to the planet!” 

Each hit reverberated in Fauna’s head and caused her immense pain, making her constantly switch between her ice form and her original form.

Fauna:” I-I can’t take it… With every hit… It f-feels like… My head will burst… Please… Make it stop…” 

The girls all quickly turn towards the cause of Fauna’s pain and Amelia lets out a gasp upon seeing the bottom half of The Ancient Ones rising up, while Gura is still mindlessly beating on their top half. 

Amelia:” The bottom half of their body!” she says and quickly starts running towards the two “GURA!!! BEHIND YOU!!!”

The loud ringing in Gura’s head stops, as Amelia’s words echoed in her head. And as she turns around, in the corner of her eye, she can see a knife-hand of The Ancient Ones, going straight toward her head. 

To Be Continued…


Sorry for the wait!! Some parts of this chapter were difficult for me to write, I hope everything turned out alright. And we have another art piece by my friend, Kurono#5453. I hope you like it, cause I sure as hell do! I love that huge tail 😭😭. I have plans for him to draw more art for me, I'm thinking of going back and having him draw some parts from older chapters. Mostly transformations, like Kiara's. But we'll focus on the future first and then go back to add stuff. Is there anything else you would like to see drawn, other than the new forms? I'll see if we can make it happen. I definitely want him to draw a cover photo for the story, but I genuinely can't come up with one... 

Join the discord if you wanna help design the cover photo! https://discord.gg/kgJRHeMfnq

Anyways, thanks for reading and I'll do my best to have the next chapter out soon!!

UPDATE: The Gura image has been updated to be more dark red. There was something wrong with my phone and basically, it looked like dark red on my phone, but hot pink on my computer. I thought there was a problem with my computer, but it turned out, more people saw it as pink. So, I asked my fren to fix it and I like it WAY more now :DDDD.

7