Chapter 15, Part One: True Feelings
142 10 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gura turns around as soon as she hears Amelia's words, but it was too late for her to react to the attack. Just as the hand was about to reach her head, The Ancient Ones' entire right arm just disappeared, leaving them with a confused look on their face. They turn their head towards the rest of the girls and see that Mumei is right in front of them and she instantly punches them in the face, which sends them flying far away from Gura  and Mumei lands right next to her. 


Amelia turns around to see Kronii on the ground next to Fauna, holding the right arm of The Ancient Ones, then throwing it to the side. Kronii hugs Fauna and brushes her hair, as she continues to breathe heavily. 

Kronii:" It's okay, it's okay, calm down. She stopped." 

They stop hugging, and as Fauna slightly backs away from Kronii, Sana and Bae both squat and pat her head. 

Fauna:" Ehehe don't worry everyone, I'm fine now..." 


Mumei looks down at Gura and stretches out her hand towards her. 

Mumei:" Hey, are you okay?..." 

Gura:" M-Mumei... Thanks..."

She ignores Mumei's hand and slowly gets up on her own, then turns around. Mumei looks down at her hands and notices something.

Mumei:(Her hands are shaking and her palms are all bloody... Her nails must've been digging into her skin... Gura...)

Then Gura starts walking towards The Ancient Ones, but Mumei stops her by putting her hand on her shoulder.

Mumei:" Where do you think you're going?!"

Gura:" Where?" she says while turning her head towards her "To finish what I started."

Mumei:" Finish what you started?! You almost just died! Just calm down a bit! Let's fight them together. They hurt someone I care about too, you know..."

Gura shakes off her arm and turns around again.

Gura:" As if that's comparable... Kronii was never in any real danger. But Amelia... "

Mumei:" I know, I wasn't trying to compare them. I was just trying to say... You don't need to do this alone, Gura. Let me help you..."

Gura:" Whatever. Just don't get in my way."

As Gura is about to leave, she stops upon hearing the voice of her other half, which she was unable to hear before.

Gawr:(Gura! Can you hear me?) 

Gura:(Oh Gawr... I forget you existed. What do you want?)

Gawr:(I know you're angry, and so am I! But you should listen to that bird woman, just calm down a bit!)

The confused Mumei looked at the frozen Gura, whose eyes shifted upwards. 

Mumei:(I thought she was gonna jump at them, but then she just stopped... Is she talking to Gawr?) 


Gura:(… If this is what you wanted to tell me, then you should have just stayed quiet.) 

Gawr:(Hey, I'm not telling you to give up and stop fighting! I'm just telling you to calm down, we almost just got killed!) 

Gura:(Of course, that is why you care, because you almost died. Do you have any idea how it feels?... To see the person you love get hurt like that, without... Being able to do anything to stop it?) she looks down at the ground after saying that (The most important person in the world for you, your everything... To be unable to get that picture out of your head...) 

Gawr:(I-I... )

Gura:(Of course you don't. You don't have someone like that. You only ever cared about yourself. And you think you can tell me to calm down?)

Gawr's eyes light up, as she gets angry upon hearing this remark.

Gawr:(I only ever- Is that really what you think?!)

Gura:(Just shut up already. I don't need you anymore.)

Gawr:(You don't need me?! That was MY power you were using over there!)

Gura:(And I will continue to use it whenever I want. Now just stop talking. Just like you did for the past year and a half...)


Their conversation gets interrupted when Gura hears someone running up to her, followed by a familiar voice.

Amelia:" WAIT!!" she yelled out.

Amelia runs towards her as fast as she can and she reaches her shortly after saying that. She grabs her left hand, turns her around and pulls her into a loving embrace. 

Gura:" A-Ame..."

Amelia:" There, there sharkie, calm down." she says while brushing her hair.

While Amelia is hugging her, the wounds on her hands slowly get smaller until they're healed completely. As Gura hugs her back, her tail moves quickly all over the place, with Mumei that was next to them, having to dodge it.

Mumei:" Uhhh okay, you two just keep doing that, and I'm gonna go beat up The Ancient Ones!" 

She says while moving her head back and forth, to evade Gura's tail, then jumps and flies towards The Ancient Ones. 


Amelia:" It looks like you're more talkative than before. But the things you're saying aren't very nice. We're all just worried about you, you know?" she says while continuing to brush her hair slowly. 

Gura:" I-I'm sorry... B-but you almost... And I couldn't do anything... " she says while hugging her tightly. 

Amelia:" I know, and it's okay! I know you would've saved me if it weren't for those chains! Just calm down, okay? You almost got yourself killed from your rage... And you should already know... That if something had happened to you... It would hurt me more than anything in the world... "

Gura:" Ame... I feel the same way about you... " she says as tears fall down her cheeks. 

Amelia pulls away from her, wipes Gura's tears, then puts her hands on her cheeks and she instantly starts blushing. 

Amelia:(I already told her that I loved her after she died... Everyone heard it, but... Heh you'll have to wait a bit longer to hear it yourself, sharkie.) " Hey, do you remember what I said to you back then? I have something important to tell you after this is over! And you have something important to tell me too, don't you?" 

Gura:" Y-yeah, I do! It's really important..." 

Amelia:" Well, if you want to do that, then you better be careful! Can't do it if you're dead! So, no more mindless rage moments, got it?? "

Gura:" O-okay!! I promise, I won't go crazy again! "

Amelia moves Gura's bangs with her hand, leans in and gives her a kiss on the forehead. 

Amelia:" That's good! I'm proud of you! "

Gura:(Ah with the way she was holding my face, I-I thought she was gonna kiss me on t-the...)

Amelia pulls away, turns Gura around and gives her a little push.

Amelia:" Alright, go on now! With that fat tail of yours... " she says and gives her tail a slap.

 Her tail twitches and juts straight up upon taking the hit and Gura lets out a moan. 

Gura:" HEY!! D-don't slap it..." she says while rubbing the spot which Amelia hit. "Besides, I can't go yet. Not until I apologize to Gawr. "

Amelia: *gasp* " You mean you were being mean to Gawr too?! How could you?? She's so cute..."

Gura:" Alright, give me a break, I was still crazy at the time!"


With Amelia still standing behind her, Gura gulps and then looks up.

Gura:(Gawr... Are you still there?)

Gawr: *sigh* (You know I can't leave, right? And if I did, you wouldn't still be red, idiot.)

Gura:(I-I know that! Still... I'm sorry about before... About everything I said, I didn't mean any of it...)

Gawr:(Even if you feel sorry, I know that's not true. You meant what you said, I know you did. About me... Only caring about myself...)

Gura gets taken aback by her response.

Gura:(Uhhh well... Was I wrong?)

Gawr:(Of course you were! I do have that someone... And I know all about losing that someone, and not being able to do anything about it...)

Gura:(Gawr?... What are you-)

Gawr:(You still don't get it, do you? You're that someone Gura. I... I love you.)

Gura was in complete shock by what she had heard. It took her a minute of silence to think of a response.

Gura:(Y-you...What?...)

Gawr:(Is it that surprising? I guess I never tried to make it obvious...)

Gura:(I don't understand... I thought you were only tolerating me because you had no choice... If this is true then, why did you never tell me?)

Gawr:(Well then, why haven't you told Amelia how you feel yet?)

Gura suddenly gets a blush on her face upon hearing that.

Gura:(W-wait, you love me like THAT?!?! I-I thought it was like a sister thing!!)

Gawr:(You idiot, it IS like a sister thing!! I'm just saying, if you can't convey your own feelings, can you imagine how hard it is for me? Even if it's about you... I'm the manifestation of your bloodlust. I shouldn't even exist, I shouldn't have a physical form like I do, and I shouldn't have feelings... And yet...)

Gura:(Gawr… I… I’m sorry… Now I feel even worse for saying those things…)

Gawr:(Gura... Do you know?... Why I hated that rat so much?)


Inside Gura's body, the continuation of Bae and Gawr's conversation

Gawr:” Basically, i-it’s about Gura… She thinks that we’re just tolerating each other, but the truth is, I actually like her. I care about her a lot and-”

Bae:” Ohhh I get it, you’re like a tsundere!”

Gawr’s eye can be seen twitching after Bae interrupted her. 

Gawr:”... Did I SAY you could talk during my story?!?!” 

Bae:” Sorry! Keep going!”

Gawr:" As I was saying... I like her and because of you, I lost a year and a half of my life with her! She has so many new friends here, and I missed all of it!"

Bae:" Gawr I... I'm really sorry..."

Gawr:'' And you know what the worst part is? I wasn't completely gone. When you took my power, you left a little bit, so I was still there. I could still vaguely sense Gura. When she was happy, sad, angry... I could hear her voice too, but over time, it just kept getting quieter and quieter until I couldn't hear it anymore... It would've been better if you just took all my power and killed me, than leaving to live in that state..." tears welled in her eyes, as she continued talking " Why? Why did you have to drain my power?... "

Gawr looks down with her fists clenched, as her teardrops fall onto the ground. 

Bae gulps, then slowly raises her hand and puts it on Gawr's head.

Bae:" Gawr, please don't cry... Listen... The only reason I was there was because... Her Majesty ordered me. She said there was a lot of chaotic energy in that area-" 

Upon hearing that, Gawr quickly moves Bae's hand away then takes a step back, while wiping her tears. 

Gawr:" Alright, don't get so comfortable with me now! So, what you're saying is... This is all this 'Her Majesty's’ fault!?" 

Bae:" You know She can hear us, right? "

Gawr:" WHAT?! B-but we're inside Gura's body!" 

Bae:" Uhh yeah, Her Majesty can pretty much see and hear everything, no matter where or when it is. "

Gawr runs up behind Bae as she looks upwards. 

Gawr:" Uhhh Your Majesty?... I was just kidding! Please don't smite me down! This is totally still this rat's fault!! "

Bae:" Dude, She doesn't smite people down. She's actually pretty chill. " she says while looking behind her.

Gawr then returns back to where she was, angrily. 

Gawr:" And you couldn't have said that before?! You made it sound like I need to watch my mouth or something! "

Bae:" Alright, just chill out! And you never even let me finish! Her Majesty... She didn't tell me to kill you, fight you or anything. Just to investigate... And so I just watched you, until you... Attacked me..."

Gawr remains silent for a few seconds and looks down at the ground before replying. 

Gawr:" …I get it... It's all my fault... I was angry and sad at the time so, when I saw you watching me, it just ticked me off... "

Bae moves in closer and puts her hand on Gawr's shoulder before responding.

Bae:" Hey, I wasn't trying to say that it's your fault! It's both of our faults... I shouldn't have taken your powers either. It's just, since you attacked me, I thought you were dangerous. But I had no idea you would end up in that state because of it, I'm really sorry..."

Gawr:" I guess... I'm sorry too, for attacking you... "

Bae:(Oh wow, I didn't expect her to apologize too. She's really nicer than she seems...)" So uhhh, are you ever going to tell Gura the truth? "

Gawr:" I don't know... I don't know how or when I could even tell her... “

Bae:" Just tell her after this whole thing ends! But don't make a huge deal out of it, or it'll sound weird... Just to clarify, you care about her in like a sister way, right?"

Gawr looks up and quickly backs away from her.

Gawr:" Great, you just HAD to make it weird! Of course I like her as a sister, what did you think, that I'm in love with her or something?!"

Bae:" Hey, I didn't say that, I just asked a question! "

Gawr:" Well you implied it! And besides... Gura already has her sights set on someone. And I'm really glad they ended up meeting... Looks like my plan worked."

Bae:" Plan? "

Gawr looks down at the ground, takes a deep breath and exhales, then opens her mouth to speak.

Gawr:" Gura probably told you already, about how I punched her and knocked her out... Well... “


Gura in her house, one year before HoloMyth’s debut

Gura, while naked, can be seen scurrying around her room, grabbing things and shoving them into a suitcase. 

Gawr:(HEY! Don’t ignore me! Stop packing!!)

Gura:” You can’t change my mind Gawr! I’m leaving!” 

Gura quickly shoves a white dress and Bloop, who is within a bubble, into her suitcase and then zips it up.

Gawr:(S-so you’re actually leaving?! Our homeland for the surface!? This is all because of that stupid girl you're obsessed with, isn’t it?!) 

Gura:” N-no, that’s not it… I’ve just lived here for so long, I’ve gotten bored of it. And I want to see what the surface is like.”

Gawr:(BULLSHIT! There are Atlantians who are way older than us and they never even thought about leaving! The surface sucks and you know it! The only reason you want to leave is-)

Gura was staring at a huge TV across from her bed, which showed footage of Amelia watching something on her phone, while laying on Fauna’s lap. Gura shakes her head and snaps out of it upon hearing Gawr.

Gura:'' Aright SHUT UP!! It doesn't matter why I’m leaving. I’m doing it whether you want it or not!” 

Gawr:(So you’re going without me? I don’t know what you’re thinking!) 

Gura:” Pfft yeah, I wish I could go without you! So, I don’t have to hear your stupid voice again! You can complain all you want, but I’m the one in control of this body, not you!”

Gawr:(OH YEAH?? We’ll see about that!!)

Gura suddenly finds herself in the arena, with Gawr walking up to her with her fists clenched.

Gura:” W-what’s going on?! Why are we her-”

Gawr:” You think you can just do whatever you want huh?! Well THINK AGAIN!!” 

Gawr punches Gura in the face and she spits out blood as she collapses onto the ground. 

Gawr:” G-Gura?! Oh no! I didn’t mean to-”

Gawr was shocked at what she did. With tears forming her eyes, she drops to her knees in front of her and shakes her by her shoulders.

Gawr:” Gura, I’m so sorry, please wake up!” her tears fall on Gura’s face, as she continues to shake her “Gura!!! Please, I didn’t mean it! I-I know you’re not dead, stop messing around already!”  

Everything around Gawr turns white and she wakes up laying on the ground, now in control of Gura's body.

Gawr:” I-I’m in control of the body now… Gura… I didn’t think I’d knock her out with only one punch… I feel so bad...”

As she’s picking herself up, she looks at the TV with the footage of Amelia on it.

Gawr:” Maybe the surface won’t be so bad… She wanted to go… And meet this girl… Okay, if that’s what you want, I’ll do it! I’ll go and find this girl for you! You better forgive me when you wake up, you hear me?!”

Gawr picks up a remote, clicks a button, and various information about Amelia appears on the screen, including her location and exact coordinates. She squats and with red energy surrounding her, she jumps with her fists upwards, leaving behind the suitcase which Gura had packed.

On a beach, filled with people

The people could see in the distance, a huge wave of water rising up, with dozens of sharks riding it. While confused and terrified, they all ran away from the beach as fast as they could. Gawr emerges and stands at the top of the wave and the water stops moving. The huge wave slowly descends until it’s completely gone. Gawr stood on the ocean water and looked around to see dozens of sharks staring at her.

Gawr:” What are all these sharks doing here?! Shoo! Go away!” she said while waving at the sharks.

A sudden chill goes down her spine and she quickly looks up. She sees Bae, floating in the sky while upside down, with her arms crossed, just looking at her.

Gawr:” The hell are YOU looking at?!” 

Bae:”...”

Gawr:” Oh I get it! You’re looking for a fight, aren’t you?! Well, I never fought a flying rat before so, this should be interesting!”

With red energy surrounding her, Gawr lunges towards Bae with her right fist out.


Bae:" I can’t believe you did that for her… I guess them meeting wasn't just a coincidence then... Man, I really ruined everything huh..."

Gawr:" It's fine I guess... I probably would've just gotten in their way anyway...  Okay now, I don’t know WHY I told you all that, but would you kindly get out of here now?" 

Bae:” Wait so, are we friends now or?...”

Gawr” Just get out!!”

Bae closes in and gives her a hug, then rubs her back at the same time. 

Bae:” Awww, I know you’re just being a tsundere!” 

Gawr gets a blush on her face and her tail slowly moves back and forth. She quickly pushes Bae away and takes a step back.

Gawr:” ALRIGHT, THAT’S IT!! NOW YOU CROSSED THE LINE!!” 

She grabs Bae by her waist and throws her upwards with all her might.

Bae:” AAHHHHHH!!”

Gawr:” Stupid rat with big boobs!” she says with a huge blush on her face. 


Gura:(You... Left Atlantis to look for Amelia? F-for me?...)

Gawr:(You mean you never wondered how you ended up on that beach? Or why that one specifically? One that was so close to where she was?) 

Gura:(Well of course I did! But it's not like I could've asked... Wait a second now! If you set me up to meet Ame, then why did you say all those messed up things during our fight?! You said you'd kill her if you won!) 

Gawr:(Seriously? That's what you ask, of all things? I would never hurt Amelia. I know how much she means to you better than anyone. I only said that to piss you off, so you'd get stronger and win.) 

Gura pauses for a few seconds to process what she just heard. 

Gura:(You mean you... Wanted me to win?)

Gawr:(Of course I did! The whole point of the fight was to make you stronger. Didn't you notice me giving you tips on how to use your trident?)

Gura:(Those were tips? I thought you were just making fun of me for holding it with both hands...)

Gawr:(Yeah, I had a feeling you might take it that way… Hey… You know how your friends said they were cheering you on during the fight? Well, they weren’t the only ones cheering you on.)


During Gawr and Gura’s clashes with their tridents

Gawr:(Dammit! She’s not strong enough yet! We’re way too even… I got it! The only way to make you strong enough, is with this cool ass attack I just came up with!! This will surely do it! Come on Gura, I believe in you!) 

After using the attack

Gawr:(Did I go too far? She looks like she’s about ready to give up… Dammit Gura!)

After Gura’s victory

Gawr:(You did it… I knew you could do it! Looks like this whole fight was worth it… Now, time to beat the shit out of the fucker that killed you!)


Gura:(Wow Gawr… I-I don’t even know what to say to all this… It’s all so sudden…)

Gawr pauses and lets out a sigh before responding, in a shaky, tearful voice. 

Gawr:(You don't need to say anything, I guess... Looks like I should've left this conversation for after the fight... Or maybe I shouldn't have said this at all...)

Gura:(No, no, don't say that! It's good that you told me now! Gawr, you know... I never really hated you. I just acted like that cause I thought you hated me... And now that I think about it, I said some messed up stuff to you back then. I'm sorry about that... I guess I had that punch coming...)

Gawr:(I'm sorry too! I really didn't mean to hit you that hard... Y-you forgive me, right?)

Gura:(Of course I forgive you! You left Atlantis and wanted to find Amelia, just for me... Gawr, I... I never thought I'd say this, but... I love you too! As a sister!!)


During their conversation and the reveal of their true feelings, Amelia can see steam rising from Gura's body. Traces of both blue and red energy can be seen lingering around her.

Amelia:(This heat that I'm feeling from her... I don't know what kind of conversation they've been having but... Something is going to happen, I can feel it...) 

Amelia slowly backs away from Gura, as their conversation continues.


Gawr:(Gura... Does that mean that you... Accept me as a part of you? This bloodlusted version of you?)

Gura:(I can’t say that I’m as bloodlusted as I used to be but… I do. I accept you, Gawr. You’re a part of me and you always will be!)

Gawr:(That’s all you had to say.)

A huge explosion of energy, which was blue on her left and red on her right, surrounded Gura. Once the energy dispersed, while her body shape remained the same, there was a clear difference in her appearance. Her hair, nails, eyes, tail, fin and hoodie were blue on her left side, but on her right side, they were red. There was not a single wound on her, even her hoodie got restored to how it once was.

Amelia:” W-woah… She’s like both colors now…”

Gura looked at her arms to see that her nails and sleeves were different colors on each hand. And as the wind flew in her hair, she noticed the same thing. The confused shark quickly looks back at her tail and sees it once again. 

Gura:” Wh-what just happened?!” she says as she looks around her body.

Gawr:(Don’t you remember what I told you back then?)


During their fight in the arena

Gawr:” If you just accept me as a part of you, we’ll both become so much stronger!” 


Gura:(So that’s what you meant by that…)

Gawr:(Now we can fight as one. With our energies and powers, completely in sync. And remember how when we held our hands, we were able to use The Fist of Twin Apex Predators: Splitting Worlds? Well, now we can use that as our base martial arts technique!)

Gura:(Woah awesome!! Wait, can we have TWO tridents now?!)

Gawr:(Hell yeah we can!! But we can also have one trident with both of our colors. I think two handing that one would be stronger, but we can try both!)


Amelia swallows nervously, walks up to her and then pokes her shoulder. 

Amelia:” So uhhh, are you like, both Guras now?”

Gawr:(Wait, don’t answer! I got an idea!)

She slowly turns around and with a serious look on her face, she talks with what can only be described as both Gura's and Gawr's voice at the same time.

Gawr Gura:” I am not Gawr or Gura, I am Gawr Gura!” she says, as she tries to keep her serious face on.

Amelia just stares at her for a few seconds, and notices her mouth twitching, struggling to keep the serious facial expression. She quickly hugs her and moves her hand through her hair.

Amelia” SO CUTE!!” 

Gura instantly starts blushing, with her huge tail wagging uncontrollably. 

Gawr Gura:” H-HEY!!” 

Amelia backs away slightly, with her hands around Gura’s neck.

Amelia:” Hey so, how come you’re not purple?”

Gawr Gura:” Uhhhh…” she clears her throat and tries to look serious again “ I’ll explain later. You should go back to the rest of the girls now. I’ll join Mumei and we’ll fight them together.” 

Amelia:” Oh okay, got it!” (Heh, she's trying so hard to look serious, but her tail is still moving like crazy! So cute!)

Amelia quickly turns and runs towards the girls. As she’s running, Gura turns around and looks up.

Gura:(So, why AREN’T we purple?)

Gawr:(Because it doesn't work that way! The colors of our energies are blue and red, and it'll remain that way no matter what happens. Even in this combined form, our energy remains the same. Besides, this is way cooler too!!)

Gura:(Can't argue with that, this is definitely cooler! Alright, you ready for uhhhh round five?...)

Gawr:(Oh I'm ready! But I doubt this ugly ass elder cunt is, ahahaha! LET'S GO!!)

 

To Be Continued...


Next part with Mumei's side will be up within a couple days, I already started writing it!
Sorry this one took a bit longer. I've been thinking about this part for for so long, but I only recently came up with some changes for one of the previous chapters so, the conversation had to change as well. I hope it was worth the wait! I originally wasn't planning on splitting this chapter into 2 parts, but I thought it would be weird if 80% of it was just Gura and Gawr lore, and then just Mumei vs The Ancient Ones real quick lol. Anyways, I hope you liked it and I'll try to finish the next part as fast as possible!

6