Chapter 19: Guardian or Destroyer?
163 16 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mumei, on an unknown planet.

With dozens of dead bodies at her feet, thousands of alien enemies were formed in a circle, far away around her.  The aliens had blue skin with two small tentacles coming out of their forehead. Each equipped with steel armor, energy blades and rifles. One enemy, which stood in front of her, carried a huge black cylindrical weapon, with a smile on his face. 

Mumei struggles to stand, while breathing heavily and with blood dripping from her mouth, she covers a hole in her stomach with her right hand. With loud ringing within her head, she can hear the distant yelling of her enemies, accompanied by immense laughter.

Alien General: " IT WORKED!! NOW, EVERYONE ATTACK! WITH HER GONE, EARTH WILL BE NOTHING! WE WILL TAKE EVERYTHING FROM THEM!!"

While running towards her, she can hear loud chanting of bladed enemies, while the ones with rifles aimed towards her. 

Aliens with blades:" KILL HER! KILL HER! KILL HER! KILL HER!!" 

Mumei:" No... No! NO!! I WON'T LET YOU!!!!"

Her eyes turn red, and the previously white energy surrounding her turns pitch black. She crouches, then with her fists clenched and both arms stretched forward, she lunges towards her enemies. 


Mumei slowly opens her eyes, and while hearing the same loud ringing, this time she's not greeted by aliens chanting to kill her, but by her friends trying to save her. 

With Fauna coming out of the building to her left, and Kronii floating to next to her on the opposite side.

Fauna holds a golden apple in her hand in front of Mumei. 

Fauna: " Mumei! You're awake! Come on, just eat this apple!" 

Kronii:" Mumei..." 

Mumei:"..." 

Fauna brings the apple closer to Mumei's face. 

Fauna:" Please, just eat the apple!" 

Mumei slowly raises her hand and grabs the apple. Fauna's face lights up with a smile, however, as Fauna lets go of the apple, Mumei crushes it in her hand and Fauna lets out a gasp. 

Fauna:" Mumei?!" 

Mumei's red eyes were locked onto The Ancient Ones, who were in a clash with Gawr Gura. 

Mumei:” Enemy of Civilization… Confirmed. Entering total annihilation process.”

Kronii:" It's too late, Fauna!" 

She grabs Fauna's hand and they both disappear and appear on the ground with the rest of the girls. The moment they leave, Mumei's body gets surrounded with black energy. Her wings flap and the building she crashed into falls apart, then she uses a piece of it to propel herself forward with her clenched fists stretched out. 

Kronii looks at Gawr Gura and she disappears, then appears right next to her, looking in disarray. Right after she disappeared from her clash with The Ancient Ones, Mumei, with black energy that appeared as a drill around her body, flies straight through them and destroys the top half of their body.

Gawr Gura:" Wh-what's going with Mumei?! Why did she become like that??" 

Kronii:" She gets like that when someone makes her bleed. It's rare, but I've seen it enough times to know that's the cause." 


The Ancient Ones regenerate within a second and turn around to see Mumei rushing towards them again.

AO:(What in the world?! Not only is she still alive, she is even stronger than before! What kind of a being is this woman?!) 

The Ancient Ones begin materializing their sword, but Mumei punches them in their face before they could do it, which makes their head explode and they’re sent flying. As soon as their body moved, so did she, and she appeared behind them without letting them travel too far. 

She elbows them downwards, which makes the hole where their head is supposed to be even bigger. As they're moving towards the ground, she appears underneath them and knees them in their stomach, creating a hole in it and propelling them upwards.

Mumei flies right after them and as soon as their body heals up, she does a sideways kick to their stomach and shoots them downwards. The hole in them which her attack created was so big that their body was barely able to stay in one piece.

She continues to follow them as they fly around, while not giving them any time to gain distance or counterattack. Behind her she leaves a trail of pitch black energy, which over time, takes the shape of a black energy sphere.


The girls all silently watched the black sphere form in the sky, and Amelia gulped nervously.

Amelia:” So uhhh, she’s like this just cause they made her bleed, and not because they crushed her heart?”

Kiara:" It doesn’t matter how much damage she takes, as long as the attack makes her bleed. I should know, I've experienced this first hand, after all." 


One year ago, in the desert. 

 

Kiara, in her final form while wearing a black kimono, and Mumei, who held her sword with a stream of wind acting as its extension, were in a clash with their blades in the sky. Kiara swings her sword down and pushes Mumei away, then closes in on her and slashes her blade-wielding arm. Loads of blood burst out and burn marks can be seen around her wound. 

Kiara backs away with a slight smile on her face. 

Kiara:" I did it! I finally hit you!" 

As blood runs down her arm, Mumei puts her left hand on the wound, then puts the same hand in front of her face. As she stares at her shaking, blood covered palm, her eyes slowly turn red. 

Kiara:" Mu-Mumei?..." 

Mumei:" Enemy of Civilization confirmed. Entering total annihilation process." 

Kiara:" Huh? Enemy of civilization?... 

In an instant, the white energy around her and her sword turns black and she swings her blade towards Kiara. She quickly blocks it with her sword, and the impact sends her flying through multiple mountains. 


Kiara:" I never asked her about it, but I believe her thought process is like 'I'm bleeding? But I'm the Guardian of Civilization, who would try to hurt me? It must be an enemy of Civilization...'. In this case, it's true, but she also completely loses her mind when she gets like this... "

Amelia:" Well, how did she go back to normal? "

Kiara:" I’m not entirely sure. At one point, we both took a lot of damage and she started talking again afterwards, but her appearance remained the same. She was definitely still a bit crazy, though."

After silently listening to the conversation while struggling to watch Mumei fight, Calli decides to speak up, while not looking away from the fight. 

Calli:" She went back to normal after she realized she would've killed Kiara, had I not stopped their fight. "

Kiara:" Ugh, did you have to tell them that? Still, I'm not sure why that made her go back to normal... She must've realized I wasn't an enemy of Civilization even before that after all... "

Kronii:” It could be that she just wanted to go all out on someone strong while she still had that boost in power, but she didn’t really want to kill you. Either way, it doesn’t look like she’s gonna stop any time soon…”


From inside the sphere, a loud maniacal laughter echoes, accompanied by shockwaves which make the whole universe tremble. The Ancient Ones, with multiple holes all over their body, burst out of the sphere upwards, and as Mumei is closing in on them, their body goes into a portal.

Mumei looks around from above, while panting with her fists clenched.

Mumei:” Must protect… Must eliminate… Enemy of Civilization…”

The Ancient Ones, all healed up, emerge from a portal far away from Mumei, with a black beam already charging in front of their horns which becomes massive within seconds. The beam bursts into hundreds of thousands of smaller ones and all head toward Mumei.

Mumei stretches out her arms and starts materializing a new weapon in her right hand. The riser of a bow, it appears mostly white with some gold pieces. As she moves her left hand towards it, a string made up of black energy forms from two purple dots on each side of the bow. 

AO: (A bow?!)

A black energy arrow forms and as she pulls it, an immense amount of arrows spawn around it. They all shoot towards the energy blasts coming towards Mumei, and create massive explosions as they collide.


The girls all watched the thousands of explosions unfold before them. 

Fauna:" Even her arrows are black now… I hate seeing her like this…I thought I could prevent it if I healed her fast enough, but she just wouldn't eat the apple... I guess it was just wishful thinking, of course she wouldn’t do it…"

Calli:” I didn’t even know she had a bow…”

Kiara:” I remember her telling me about it, but I don’t think she ever used it in front of us. Must’ve forgotten that she has it...” 

Amelia looks up at Kronii, who was watching the fight with her arms crossed.

Amelia:" Okay Kronii, this has been bugging me for a while, but why didn't you use your Phenomenon Reversal thing on Mumei like you did with me? "

Kronii:" Because Mumei hates that. She sees it as all of her pain and suffering being returned to zero. She wants to heal and recover from it, not make it so it never happened in the first place. "

Amelia:" I guess that makes sense, but would she really care about that in this case? Her heart got crushed, after all."

Kronii lets out a sigh and quickly turns her head towards her.

Kronii:" Dude, one time she was just a head and she got mad cause she woke up to me healing her! "

Amelia:” Oh uhhh wow, I think I see your point now…”

Kiara:" Wait, just a head?! How did that even happen?..."

Kronii:" It's complicated..." 


The amount of energy blasts directed at Mumei becomes smaller, while the amount of her energy arrows show no signs of decreasing. After one of her arrows collides with the final energy blast, she dematerializes her bow and rushes towards The Ancient Ones, while some of the explosions are still taking place.

The Ancient Ones quickly materialize their sword, cover it in dark purple energy and at the same time, Mumei raises both of her arms up and connects them, which had black energy drills forming around them. The two drills combine into one enormous one. The Ancient Ones shoot a slash of dark purple energy at her, and she swings her energy drills down at them. The two attacks colliding cause an explosion that knocks The Ancient Ones down to the ground and destroys their head, and splits a portion of their body in half.

Mumei stretches out her arm and part of it disappears, as if shoving it into a different dimension. She pulls out her arm along with a dark spear with a huge black point and red spikes coming out of it. She points the tip down toward The Ancient Ones and as they finish regenerating, they see the weapon she’s holding and smile.


While some girls were confused at the sight of this new weapon, some knew exactly what it was, and swallowed nervously.

Kiara:” Wh-what is that weapon?!” 

Kronii:” Rhongomyniad. It’s also known as the ‘Spear of The End’. Although… I’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to look so dark…” 

Ina:” Isn’t that one of King Arthur’s weapons?! How does Mumei have it?...” 

Kronii:'' As the Guardian of Civilization, one of Mumei’s duties is to collect these divine constructs once their rightful owners have perished, to make sure that they don’t end up in the wrong hands. But…” she says as she slowly uncrosses her arms..
It looks like that’s exactly what happened.” 

Mumei smiles with her teeth clenched, and she giggles as blood drips from her mouth. She grips onto the spear tightly and it begins to spin, while a huge tornado of dark purple energy forms around it. It grows bigger from the back of the spear and goes all the way into outer space. 

Fauna:” MUMEI!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YOU CAN’T SHOOT THAT TOWARDS THE PLANET!!!”

Kronii:” It’s useless, Fauna. She can’t hear you…” 

Amelia:” Why are you just standing there and watching?! Do something!! Stop her!”

Kronii:” Because there’s only one way to stop her and… That’s not something that’s easy for me to do…” 

The tornado of energy kept getting more massive as the spear spun faster.

AO:” How fitting that you would wield the Spear of The End! GO AHEAD, NANASHI MUMEI! You, The Guardian of Civilization, will be the one to destroy it! While We will continue to live on forever!” 

Amelia quickly turns from Mumei onto Kronii.

Amelia:” YOU DON’T HAVE MUCH OF A CHOICE KRONI!” 

As she finished her sentence, she noticed that Sana, who was standing next to Kronii, was no longer there, and she quickly looked back up at Mumei.


Mumei:” RHONGO-

Sana:” Gravitational Collapse.

Before Mumei could finish saying the attack name, she is stopped by Sana’s fist pushing deep into her stomach. The tornado of huge energy instantly disappears and she spits out blood, but it goes around Sana instead of hitting her. Mumei’s body isn’t being pushed by her punch at all, in fact, her body is being pulled toward it. She lets go of the dark spear and it disappears, and her mouth shakes as she struggles to speak.

Mumei:” Sa-Sana?...” 

Slight tears form in Sana’s eyes, as she hears Mumei say her name, right before her eyes return to being brown and she passes out. Sana pulls out her fist and she falls onto her shoulder. 

Sana flies down toward the rest of the girls and as she’s flying down, Mumei lets out weak groans, before forming a sentence.

Mumei:” Huh… Where’s… My heart?...” 

Sana:” Just go to sleep, Mumei…”

Mumei:” Okay…” 

Sana reaches the girls and she hands Mumei to Fauna. She gets on her knees and green energy instantly surrounds Mumei’s body.

Kronii:” I-I’m sorry… I should’ve done something…”

Sana:” It’s fine, Kronii. You’re more attached to her, it was going to be either me or Bae. But no… It had to be me. Because of what I’m about to do next.” 

She turns around toward The Ancient Ones who were standing still with their arms crossed, watching them.

Sana:” The Ancient Ones. I hope you’re ready. Because you will be fighting me next.”

AO:” Oh? Have you finally decided to stop being a mere spectator? How amusing! Very well, Tsukumo Sana, We accept your request!”

Sana:” You seem excited about this. That is about to change.”

Sana points her index finger towards the sky, and within a few seconds, the Sun moves away and gets replaced by the Moon instead. While pointing towards the Moon, she gestures to it to come, and a piece of it breaks off and heads towards Earth. The piece travels incredibly fast, and as Sana moves away from the girls, the piece slows down and lands in front of her feet.

Amelia:” Woah… No way!” 

Bae:” Uhh is this really THAT surprising? She is Space after all…”

Amelia:” Oh uhh, I just thought the Moon was a hologram or something…” 

This sentence leaves everyone at a loss for words for a few moments.

Sana:” I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that. “

Amelia:” Okay wait! What about the Moon landing?!” 

Sana turns around to look at her with her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

Sana:” The what now? If something landed on my Moon, I’m pretty sure I would know about it.” 

Amelia:” I KNEW IT!!”

Sana:” Well, I guess it could have happened in another timeline, but not here! Anyway… That isn’t important right now.” 

She turns back to face The Ancient Ones again and moves her right arm towards her limiter at the top of her head. 

Fauna:” Uhhh Sana?!” 

Sana:” Don’t worry! “ she says as she grabs the limiter.
“ If I eat my limiter, I can release my full power without changing size!”

She takes off her limiter, quickly puts it in her mouth, then chews on it. After chewing it for a couple seconds, she swallows, and a cylindrical stream of energy falls upon her from outer space. The stream consists of an infinite amount of stars and galaxies, as if the universe itself fell on top of her. The stream of energy breaks apart, and Sana’s true form glows so hard that no one was able to see her properly. As the glowing lightened, everyone could finally feast their eyes on her true form. 

A black hole with a cyan disc formed above her head, as if it were a halo. Her hair came undone and while the outer part of it stayed the same, the inner part was made up of a universe. The three ball accessories she had in her hair now floated behind her, which all trapped a universe inside of them. Both her legs and arms were now partially blue in color, with cracks spreading across them, accompanied by gold ornaments.

This form was a surprise to everyone but Kronii, who simply smiled at the sight. Everyone else was stunned by her vast beauty. But it didn’t end there. 

From the piece of the Moon that fell, a black handle pointed outward. Sana puts one foot against the Moon piece, grabs the handle and pulls out what appears to be a simple gray sword with a sphere connecting it with the handle of the sword. But as she runs her hand across the blade of the sword, it shines and the gray blade breaks, revealing that it had a universe in both the sphere and the blade of the sword.

 

To Be Continued... 


AHHH IT’S FINALLY HERE!!! I wanted to show you this art of Sana for so long! I’m so happy I finally reached this part of the story!!! I’ve been thinking about this fight for months, I can’t wait to start writing her fight scene! I’m not sure how long it will take, but you can expect the chapter within the first week of October! 

Oh and regarding Mumei’s bow, it’s this thing she’s holding in the A New Start MV. I’m not actually sure what that thing is, but to me, it looks like a bow. I asked around the Mumei subreddit about it, and no one could give me anything official about what it was. Everyone was just speculating and none of it really made more sense than a bow, so I just stuck with what I originally thought it was! Some pointed out that it doesn’t have a string, but they must’ve forgotten that anime bows don’t require a string!

Oh and one more thing! I went back and changed the names of The Ancient Ones limiters. I thought something sounded off about them for a while, so I asked a friend about it and he agreed. The new names are now, Anti-Lifeform Extermination Limiter, Anti-Planet Destruction Limiter, Anti Solar System Eradication Limiter, Anti-Multi-Galaxy Obliteration Limiter. We thought that it's weird if it's JUST Anti-Planet(and etc) with nothing else afterwards, so I added something to make it better, hope you like the new names!

Anyways, that’s all I had to say! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and look forward to Sana’s fight!

PS. Can you spot all the references in Sana's epic form? 👀

5