Cover Photo + Story Update!!
127 14 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello! At long last, my story has a cover photo!! Here is the full size, plus textless version:

I really love how it looks! I just hate how long it took me to get a cover photo. It was drawn by my friend Kurono, as always. Very grateful to him. The annoying part is, the entire reason we even started talking is cause of the cover photo, but then I just couldn't come up with one for the longest time, and he drew the other stuff in the meantime.  At first I thought that everyone should be in it, but then thought it wouldn't look good with so many characters in the picture, and I didn't know how to include everyone either. Then I thought I only needed the "important characters" and had a hard time figuring out who to include, and again, what the picture could be. But then it just hit me, and I realized the answer was much simpler. I really wish I had this cover photo earlier, but oh well, better late than never!


Oh and little announcement I guess? I finished rewriting Chapter 3 and it ended up becoming even longer, can't be too surprised about that though. I don't expect you to go and reread it, but I want to mention the most important change in the chapter (not counting the added KronFau scenes) 

Amelia is asking Sana questions, and when she says that she thinks Sana didn't become an Apostle of The Ancient Ones of her own free will, this is her response.
Original scene:" Yeah, you're right. It wasn't of my own free will. I was researching astrology and I guess I went too far once and The Ancient Ones got a hold of me. Her Majesty, She warned me about this, She said if I kept going that a dangerous being could take over me. But I didn't listen... "

New Version:" Yeah, you're right. It wasn't of my own free will. I was uhhh… Doing something in space, something I shouldn’t have, and then I heard their voice. Her Majesty, She warned me about this. She said if I kept going, that a dangerous being could find me. But I didn't listen..."

Now, this may seem like just a slight insignificant dialogue change, but to me, this is huge. The first time I wrote this part, I had a very basic understanding of their lore, and I just wrote what I read on her wiki. But as I kept writing and thinking about their lore, it made less and less sense to me. Sana's wiki says ""Space" refers not only to this universe we live in, but all dimensions and matter to exist.". This basically means that Sana embodies the entire Holoverse and she's like Yog-Sothoth from the Lovecraft verse, except anime girl. If you want to completely wank the "all dimensions" statement, you could say she embodies all of fiction and reality as well, but I wouldn't go that far lol.
Now, why would someone like her be studying astrology? It made absolutely no sense to me. If she's doing it just for a stream or something, then sure, but doing it in her own free time? Nope, doesn't add up. So, this is one of the times where I had to change their lore so that it makes sense. I guess I could've later on said that Sana just lied, but that wouldn't really explain how the rest, especially Amelia, wouldn't think her response made no sense. And The Ancient Ones finding her because she was doing something in space, and not cause of astrology, has been on my mind for literal months now. I guess I just completely forgot about what I wrote back in Chapter 3. But now it's been fixed! Sorry you had to read that trainwreck o f chapter, but at least it will look better now for the new readers!


As for the next chapter, it's still in the works. Funny thing happened, I wrote a huge part of it when I had free time at work(separate from the fight), but then that part ended up getting too big, and I realized I'd have to split the chapter into 2 parts. Basically, I've been writing part 2 before part 1 lol. But don't worry, I started the first part as well, and I gained more ideas for the fight in the meantime.
I'll try to write a lot during the weekend, but it will most likely come out sometime during the week, don't wanna rush things after all. Sorry it's taking so long! But on the bright side, the second part shouldn't take so long to come out!

PS. You are welcome to make guesses about what the cover art means in the comments, but I promise you won't figure it out~ And if you do, I won't confirm anything. 

Edit: Unfortunately, I only later realized that my artist didn't make the handle of the sword long enough, and he doesn't want to fix it. I'll try to find someone else to do it eventually. 

4