Chapter 20, Part 1: Untouchable
152 21 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Sana shining so brightly, the girls were unable to take their eyes off of her. The Ancient Ones squinted with their, as if they had trouble seeing her. 

Sana slowly raises her left hand, opens her palm forward and a light blue portal materializes in front of her.

Sana:” The Ancient Ones. Do you remember that dimension we threw you into? That’s where we’ll be fighting.” 

AO:” You wish to not put your friends in danger during our fight. A pointless notion, but very well, Tsukumo Sana! We shall take you up on that offer.”

The Ancient Ones fly into the portal Sana created, and as she enters the portal afterwards, it closes up. Kronii waves her hand and a holographic screen shows them what's going on in the other dimension. 

The two find themselves in the same place The Ancient Ones once did. A dimension where the ground is flat, along with many pillars rising up, both made of unknown purple material. While the dimension is dark, its sky is filled with countless stars, along with a huge blood red Sun as the only light sources. 

The Ancient Ones slowly look around themselves, and notice the remnants of the iron maiden they destroyed before, but they pay no attention to it, and continue to look around.

AO:(This is odd. Ever since she has consumed her limiter, her presence has changed… We can feel it all around Us. Is her energy simply leaking out and she cannot control it? Or is it something else entirely…)

Sana:” What’s wrong, AO-chan? You seem confused.” she says as a smile grows on her face

AO:” Silence!” 

Sana:(Ah, I could easily wipe them out of existence without lifting a single finger. But what would be the fun in that? After all, I never get the chance to use this awesome sword! I’m gonna have to hold back at ton here hehe!) 

Sana slowly lowers her sword and the instant it touches the ground, the structure they were standing on disintegrates and gets completely turned into dust, leaving the two floating in space while not moving from their spots.

Sana:” Hope you don’t mind, I just thought the ground would get in our way!”

AO:” Was that supposed to impress Us, Tsukumo Sana?”

Sana:” I don’t know, did it? The ground we were standing on spread out infinitely in every direction except up. I doubt you could’ve done that yourself.” she says with a little smirk on her face.

The Ancient Ones clench their teeth in anger, and as they tighten the grip around their sword, they rush towards Sana and swing their sword down at her. She raises her sword and effortlessly blocks their attack. The two both back away from each other, then fly up high into outer space. 

They both quickly fly towards each other, raise their swords and swing them down at the other. Upon clashing with one another, countless stars blow up instantaneously. They back away from each other and The Ancient Ones swing down a massive slash of dark purple energy towards her. She turns her sword with its side facing the incoming attack and it simply gets absorbed into it.

Sana:” Hehe, sorry AO-chan, but your little energy blasts won’t ever touch me!” 

The Ancient Ones rush towards her once again and she does the same afterwards. The blades clash over and over again for several minutes, resulting in shockwaves and more stars exploding with each hit. All throughout, Sana wears a smile on her face, while The Ancient Ones had a scowl instead.


While some were unable to follow their movements, the girls all watched the fight to the best of their abilities. Mumei remained unconscious with her head on Fauna’s lap, who was sitting on the ground. Her hands covered her chest with a green aura surrounding them and Mumei’s whole body. Fauna, with now having finished healing the hole in Mumei’s chest, continues to heal her with a slight blush on her face.

Fauna:(Good thing they’re all focused on the fight, they haven’t noticed that I finished healing her body and I’m just healing her outfit now…)

Kronii, while watching what was happening on the screen, slowly crosses her arms.

Kronii:” Oh so that’s how she’s doing it. I can’t imagine how hard this must be for her…”

Ina:” Hard? I thought Sana was supposed to be super strong…”

Kronii:” Exactly! She must be holding back immensely in order to not kill them… It’s like a human holding back against an ant, so much that the ant thinks it actually stands a chance…” 

Amelia upon seeing that the two appear to be even, opens her mouth to speak.

Amelia:” You know, for someone who seemed to be scared of The Ancient Ones before, it kinda looks like she’s just having fun with them here. And Kronii basically confirmed that she’s not even trying…”

Bae:” Yeah I guess she did seem scared before, but that was probably cause she didn’t know what they could do with her. That was before I took out that takodachi out of her, and she couldn’t have done that herself, after all.” 

Amelia:” That’s true, I suppose. If she thought they could take control of her and use this power against us, then I can understand her fear. Especially since it looked like she didn’t know you could do that.” (Even with that being said, I feel like there’s more Sana isn’t telling us. After all she never did go into detail about how she became their Apostle in the first place…)


As the two back away from each other, The Ancient Ones stop and look around to notice that all of the star explosions have remained in place.

Sana:” Oh, so you finally noticed! The explosions stayed still, and now so will you!” 

Sana points her palm at them and white energy appears around their body, making them completely unable to move. She raises her sword high up, and all of the star explosions burst toward her sword and they get absorbed into the side of her sword. The sword glows brighter and brighter and Sana gets a big smile on her face. 

Sana:” Super Gamma Ray Burst.” she said calmly.

She lightly swings the sword downwards and it shoots out a massive orange burst of energy toward The Ancient Ones. Upon connecting with their body, it creates a supernova with shockwaves pulsating all across the infinite dimension. As the supernova dissipates, The Ancient Ones are revealed without a single scratch on them, along with a nebula forming around them.

Sana:” Wow, that beam had the strength of a million stars, and you came out of it without a scratch! How scary!” (Kidding! It’s just as I expected~)

AO:” Pathetic. It does not matter how many stars you use, something as weak as a gamma ray burst could never kill Us!” 

The Ancient Ones quickly spread both their arms and legs, breaking out of Sana’s gravitational hold. They instantly rush towards her, while she stands still and simply giggles. 

Sana:” Oh you think I was trying to kill you? That’s funny! I was actually just warming you up for this next part!”

As they swing their sword toward her, she blocks it with the side of hers and The Ancient Ones get absorbed into it. They find themselves in outer space above Earth and as they look up, they see the form of Sana's huge eyes and mouth looking down on them. 

Sana:" Wow, you're so tiny now hehe! How is it, AO-chan? Do you feel insignificant? " 

AO:(So, this is the inside of her sword… Its appearance is not just for show, there is a whole universe inside of it!)

Sana:” Stars, Quasars, Black Holes, Galaxies, Galaxy Superclusters and Filaments… All celestial bodies are under my control. I can convert all of them into energy and shoot it at you! Or as I like to call it, blowing it all up!” she says and lets out a giggle.
“ But I guess at this point, using anything below Galaxy Superclusters would be a waste of time, so I’ll go with that! Hmmm what do you say AO-chan, should I start with Laniakea?”

AO:(Laniakea! That is the galaxy supercluster in which We are in right now, that consists of a hundred thousand galaxies!)

As all the celestial bodies around The Ancient Ones begin to glow, they quickly go inside a portal, which leads them outside of the Laniakea supercluster. Upon exiting the portal, they are greeted with a yellow beam of energy so massive, that they couldn’t see anything except it shooting towards them.  

Sana:” Alright then AO-chan, good luuuck!! Laniakea BEEEAM!!

As she says the attack name, the beam shoots towards them even faster than before.

AO:(Attempting to dodge this would be pointless, she could simply blow up a different supercluster instead. Our only option is to overpower it!)

As The Ancient Ones dematerialize their sword, the Chains of Hell burst out from their stomach and wrap themselves around a portion of their body, while leaving some parts bare. They clench their fists and as dark purple energy surrounds them, they rush towards the enormous yellow beam.

While they're flying through the beam, which is as enormous as the supercluster itself, their dark purple energy quickly spreads out and eats away at it as they're flying through it. Within seconds, The Ancient Ones speed through the entire beam, leaving nothing left of it afterwards. 

They stop moving and as they begin absorbing the Chains of Hell back back through their stomach, dozens of wounds throughout their body become visible.

Sana:" Wow, you're so strong AO-chan! You completely destroyed my beam... It looks like you still took some damage though hehe!" 

Another massive yellow beam shoots towards them right after. As they’re still regenerating, one of their huge black hands appears in front of them, while holding a massive version of their sword. They block the beam with the tip of their sword and then swing it down, which instantly splits the whole beam into two, then reduces it into nothingness.

A dozen more of the same yellow beams shoot at them from all directions. They all hit them and a massive explosion occurs upon their connection. However, as the explosion dissipates, The Ancient Ones are revealed without a single scratch. 

Sana:” Looks like superclusters aren’t working… Guess I’ll try Galaxy Filaments then! It’s time for the Hercules-Corona Borealis Great Wall to go boom!”

A colossal red beam, thousands of times more massive than the previous one, shoots straight at them. The Ancient Ones point both of their arms at it and countless more arms spread out from each of them and all rush towards the beam. At first they disintegrate upon touching it, but as more and more arms connect with it, they last longer up until they start going inside the beam. 

With the beam now being right in front of The Ancient Ones, they fly straight right into it, this time without the Chains of Hell protecting them. After about a minute, The Ancient Ones exit at the other end of the beam, with minimal damage taken. Her attack now contained a massive hole straight through its middle and then it slowly disappeared. 

Sana:" Hmm nothing seems to be working... I guess the only thing left is to blow up the whole universe you're in! Oh, but first, I’ll bring back everything I destroyed! Try not to die yet AO-chan, I have more moves I want to try out on you! "

All of the celestial bodies which were destroyed return instantly and they begin to glow once again. 

AO:(So, she has brought everything back, in order to make this attack stronger! We are left with no other choice!) “ Releasing Anti-Time-Space Shattering Limiter!

The Ancient Ones open a portal which leads them back into the dimension Sana is in. Before going into their portal, they slice off their right sword wielding arm, leaving it behind. As they go into the portal, the entire universe within Sana’s sword gets reduced to nothingness and her sword goes completely dark. They appear in front of her with a smug look on their face as their right arm regenerates and they materialize their sword in it. 

Sana:” So you released another one of your limiters and escaped my attack, I see! That was smart! I guess you must’ve been too scared to attempt to take it head on!”

AO:” You talk big, Tsukumo Sana, but it appears that by blowing up that universe, you have used up all the power within that sword of yours!” 

Sana stares at them blankly before bursting out into laughter while holding her stomach.

Sana:” All of the power within my sword? That’s so funny, AO-chan! You think my sword had only one universe in it?” 

The view in Sana’s sword zooms out, revealing that the darkness was simply a space in between other spherical universes. As it zooms out more and more, the universes appear to look as nothing but dots, a countless amount of tiny dots of light.

Sana:” Not only does my sword have an uncountably infinite amount of universes inside of it, but anything I destroy, I can bring back.” she says as a tiny light appears in her sword.
“ Be careful now AO-chan! All of my attacks will be at least universal from now on!”

She swings her sword sideways and a massive beam of purple energy shoots out toward them. The Ancient Ones easily deflect the beam with their sword, redirecting it behind them, and it appears to be sucked into nothingness. 

Sana:" Universal attacks are no good huh? Alright let's play a little game then! With each attack, I'll blow up one more universe than last time! Here you go! Two universes!"

Two of the shiny dots in her sword glow and as she swings it sideways, a massive purple energy beam, twice as big as the last one, bursts out of her sword. 

The Ancient Ones quickly block it by holding their sword on the handle with one hand and on the tip of the blade with the other, but the beam instantly pushes them back millions of light years away. Sana appears flying next to them, as the attack continues to push them back. She covers her mouth with her hands as she lets out a gasp, then puts her hands down.

Sana:" Uh oh! This looks bad AO-chan! At this rate, you might die and I'm only two universes in!" she puts her hand onto her chin and continues.
" Hmm, maybe I should've warmed you up more with universal attacks? You deflected the previous one so easily, I didn't think you'd be so weak..."

The Ancient Ones grip onto their sword tighter and grit their teeth the more they hear her talk.

AO:(This woman... She is acting as if this is some sort of a game for her! No, with how much power she has, that is not far from the truth. Can We... Defeat her?)

As they get pushed further, their sword disintegrates and their arms quickly follow in suit. Sana gives them a dropkick to their face, which makes their head explode and it pushes them out of the beam’s way. Once again, the beam appears to be getting sucked into nothingness until there’s nothing left of it. 

Sana:” Whew, that was a close one! Sheesh, I can’t believe I had to save you from one of my own attacks! And you wanna hear something funny? I’m only blowing up universes, not timelines! Even Kronii can dish out attacks that are infinitely stronger than what you’re struggling with!” 

The Ancient Ones stop themselves and instantly regenerate their head and arms. They materialize their sword in their right arm, grip it tightly and as dark purple energy surrounds it, they rush towards Sana.

Sana:” Oh wow, you’re actually trying to attack me? Do you want to die?

They swing their sword down at her and she blocks it with the side of hers, while having a smile on her face.

Sana:” Three.

Three of the tiny dots in her sword glow and The Ancient Ones instantly back away into a portal. They emerge from behind her and as they’re swinging their sword down at her, their eyes shift backwards and they stop themselves when they notice a purple beam of energy coming at them from behind. The beam completely destroys the top half of their body and continues into nothingness. 

They regenerate their top half and see Sana standing in the direction of where the beam came from. 

AO:(When did she get there!? Did we attack an afterimage? Or some kind of a clone?)

Sana:” When did I get here, you wonder? I was always here, silly!” she says and notices them staring at her without their facial expression changing.
“ You don’t get what I’m saying, do you? Hehe, try attacking me again and I’ll let you in on a little secret~” 

After saying that, Sana puts her sword down and leaves herself wide open. Not wanting to let this opportunity pass up, despite their confusion, The Ancient Ones materialize their sword in their right hand, clench it tightly and fly toward her.

They swing their blade down at her head, but their sword, including parts of their right hand, simply phase through her entire body.

Sana:” You can’t touch me.

Their eyes widen as they hear Sana’s voice echo from all possible directions, and they quickly back away from her. 

Sana:” What just happened? Why didn’t your attack hit me? And what did you attack earlier? I can answer all of that with one sentence. It's because I’m Space.

AO:” What?!” 

Sana:” You mean you didn’t know? I guess I did introduce myself as the Speaker of Space… In reality, Fauna, Kronii and I are all concepts, we only have our titles because they sound cool.” she notices that they look just as confused as before and lets out a giggle.
“ You still look so confused, but I bet you have already started to piece it together. By Space, I’m not talking about Outer Space. I mean, ALL of Space. Every single dimension in existence and everything in it. That is me.” 

Their grip around their sword loosens up and they swallow nervously as they listen to her talk.

Sana:” About your attack just now… It didn’t reach me because I surpass you in dimensionality. I can increase or decrease my dimensionality whenever I want. The only reason you can even see me right now is because I’m allowing you to. As for what you tried to attack before…“

The Ancient Ones feel her presence behind them and turn around to see her. They turn around again to see her still standing in the same place as before, then turn around again, to see the second Sana talking. 

Sana:” It’s not an afterimage or a clone. It’s just me. Space. I’m everywhere.”

Her body in front of them disappears and they turn around to see her behind them once again.

Sana:” I can manifest my body whenever and wherever I want. As many times as I want.” 

As she says that, more Sanas manifest around her, each being bare handed, as opposed to holding a sword. In every direction they look, the only thing The Ancient Ones can see is more and more Sanas coming out of thin air. 

Sana:” You felt it before, didn’t you? My presence all around you. No matter where you look, you’re looking straight at me. No matter where you run, you’re running straight towards me.” 

Her words can be heard from every Sana at once, each simply floating in space, in many different poses. As if The Ancient Ones are no threat to her at all.

AO:” No… Th-that is-”

Sana:'' Not possible? Are you in denial or do you really not get it? I was only messing around with you this entire time. How was it? Did you actually think you could win? That you could adapt and eventually surpass me? Ahahaha that’s so funny, AO-chan!”

A massive version of Sana’s fist materializes and sends The Ancient Ones flying with a punch. 

Sana:” You’ve never been hit with a huge fist before, have you? I can see why you do it so much, this is so fun!” 

Right as they stop themselves, another fist punches them from behind. More and more fists materialize and punch them around as if they were passing a ball around.

AO:(How? How can this be? For someone who used to be Our Apostle to be treating Us like this!? If she is this strong, then how did we…-)  

Sana:” Ah I know what you must be thinking of right now. About how I used to be your Apostle. How were you able to put your hold over me? Well that’s easy, it’s because I had my limiter on at the time! And really, Her Majesty could’ve gotten rid of your hold over me whenever She wanted, but I guess She just wanted Bae to be the one to do it.” 

The Ancient Ones stop themselves before another one of her fists can hit them and open a portal behind them, but then they hear Sana’s voice. 

Sana:” Were you not listening?”

They quickly turn around and their eyes widen upon seeing Sana coming from their portal.

Sana:” I already told you, there’s nowhere for you to run. Even your portals are a part of me.” she says as she fully comes out of the portal and continues talking.
” The Dreamlands and even The Void, the place where you creatures come from… It’s all a part of me. I could wipe The Void out along with all of your friends in an instant if I wanted to.” 

As they’re frozen, unable to respond to anything she says, a huge version of Sana’s foot appears above them and stomps them, which shoots them downwards. She appears from underneath them and absorbs them into her sword once again. This time they are not in space, but in the darkness in between the countless amounts of universes. Sana materializes in front of them with her hands bare.

Sana:” I’ll let you in on another secret AO-chan. I assume that by releasing that last limiter, you’re able to make portals and travel through any time-space dimension, right? Unfortunately for you, my sword doesn’t have a dimension inside of it. It has a complete replica of this entire verse. Universes, dimensions, timelines… It even has some spheres inside of it, the highest one is called the Patapshere! I don’t even understand what some of these mean honestly, but they sound cool, so I made sure to remember their names at least!. But, you get what I’m trying to say, don’t you? You didn’t escape my sword. I let you out.

AO:(Complete replica of the entire verse?... She let us out?... Saying that this entire battle was a game for her would be an overstatement. Playing a game requires effort. She is not even trying. She does not have to, after all.)

Sana:” No way, AO-chan… Could it be that you’re feeling… Despair? You look like you’re about ready to give up! Well, I guess that is the only thing you CAN do right now. What do you say, are you going to give up and apologize for everything you’ve done? Maybe I’ll spare you if you do~”  she says as a smile spreads across her entire face.

The Ancient Ones remained silent, while their entire body shakes in anger. They clench their teeth and grip onto their sword tighter, but still stand in place.

Sana:” Kidding! Were you actually considering it? Ahahaha you’re so silly, AO-chan!” 

Sana rushes towards them and grabs them by their head, then bashes them through dozens of universes in an instant. She keeps going for an entire minute, which feels like an eternity to them. After she eventually stops, the only thing left of them is the head that she’s holding. She throws it upwards and it pops back out of Sana’s sword.

Sana:” Okay, I’ve gotten bored of you, AO-chan, so I think I’m going to kill you now!” 

All of the other Sanas disappear and now she’s the only one that stays. One enormous version of each of her hands appears to each side of The Ancient Ones. With their palms opened, light blue energy appears around their body and they cannot move.

AO:(Such intense gravity… Each hand is pushing Us to the opposite side, which makes it look like We are standing in place!) 

Sana:” Ah, as I’m about to kill you, I’m remembering how confident you sounded before.” she says and starts talking in a deeper voice.
Very well, Tsukumo Sana, we accept your request!” she lets out a giggle and goes back to her normal voice.
“ You actually thought you could kill me, that’s so silly! And what’s even worse is, you thought you could take on Her Majesty too, but you can’t even scratch me!”  

Sana’s sword zooms out more, and for a split second, a massive tree can be seen inside of it, but it keeps zooming out more and more, until it shows a web of all colors in existence. She grabs the handle of the sword with both hands, slowly lifts it and points the tip toward them.

Sana:” Alright, AO-chan, I’ve had a lot of fun, but I’m going to blow up everything inside my sword now! Every single universe, timeline, dimension and those spheres too! Thank you for giving me the chance to use this awesome sword! Bye-bye now!” 

From the front of the sword’s tip, a massive circular black energy blast, accompanied by red lightning around it, grows bigger and bigger. 

AO:(There is nothing we can do. Even releasing all of our remaining limiters would make no difference against her. This is not how We imagined this to play out, but We suppose it is fitting that she is the one that does it.)

Sana:” Outerversal Catacl-

Before Sana could finish the name of her attack, she is stopped by a voice in her head.

???:” Tsukumo Sana.”

Her face lights up with happiness upon hearing the voice.

San:” Your Majesty! You’re here! Look, I’m about to kil-”

???:” If you release that attack, you will destroy All of Creation.” 

Sana:” Wait what?!”

To Be Continued…


Hello! The long awaited Sana fight is finally here! I'm really sorry it took so long! Many factors went into that, but writing it was honestly just harder than I thought. I thought it'd be easy cause it's a 1v1, but even though I've been thinking about this fight for a while, it actually took me a while to come up with the whole thing. I also spent a lot of time watching Space related videos as a type of research, but most of those were just a waste of time honestly. The only good part was finding out about Galaxy Superclusters and Filaments I guess. Hopefully it won't be the same with all of the Chaos related videos I have in my Watch Later. 
Anyways, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter, cause it's one of my favorites! 

Also, I noticed that I'm getting less favorites than before. Did I fall off or did people just forget about that feature lmao? Looks like it started going down at the first part of Chapter 15. Well, I care about comments more anyways, but it is a bit demotivating, seeing the hearts go down...

That's all I had to say I guess. Oh and, I got a new twitter account a while ago, follow me there if you want http://twitter.com/XDEnjoyer777

PS. If you are having trouble picturing the scene with a lot of Sanas, this image of Kama might help, as it was what I based it on!

6