20.1
65 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

20.1

“Leaving so soon?” asked a dragon whose name escaped John, her voice with a tinge of disappointment as she caught up to John and Evie that parted the crowd. “You’ve barely eaten. There’s still more on the way. If you would stay, we will be glad to make more.”

 

“What John and I wish to do is none…”

 

John placed a hand on Evie’s shoulders, stopping her before she could tell the female dragon off.

“I’m exhausted from dancing with death a few hours ago. You go enjoy in our stead.”

“But—”

 

Whoosh!!!

 

The other dragon wished to speak more, but Evie was quick enough to grab John with her two arms, taking into the air before dragon could get another word in. Leaving a gust of wind behind them as the two of them made their abrupt, unannounced departure.

Evie had a silent expression on her face as they were in the air.

As though he was her life sized toy, John was carried on Evie’s girly arms as his eyes fixated themselves on the scrunched brows and the small pout along her face.

“Evie…”

“There was no need to explain yourself to her, we’ve already entertained them more than necessary.”

Ephinelyth spoke as she slowly released her tight grip around John and used her magic to keep him flying alongside her.

She was right.

The two of them stayed longer than they had originally intended, what had been a 15-minute session of eating turned into one full hour of John and Evie trying to have a shared dinner without being interrupted every passing minute.

“I am not doing this because that was a female earlier—”

“So you are jealous,” John remarked.

“!!!” Evie flushed, “T-that’s not the point, I merely wish to enjoy my time with…”

“Ahahaha, you are one clingy girl, Evie,” John laughed, wrapping his arms around hers, placing his face on hers to sooth her emotions.

“I merely wish for us to be alone quicker. Besides, their hospitality is not without agenda,” tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Evie’s expression softened.

“I know, I know, they would mistake my willingness to speak to them as something to exploit.”

 

Politics.

 

Even if not for Evie’s explanation, John was aware what happened earlier.

Under the guise of holding a banquet for him an Ephinelyth, the other dragons could very well hide their true intentions of getting in good graces with John.

In some way, attempts were made to establish a proper repertoire with John before he fully ‘assumed’ the role of the leader of dragon kind they pushed on him. Seeking to gaining his favor so that he would heed their wishes and fulfill them when he inevitably takes Velerion’s place.

Not that he had such intentions in mind.

These meaningless gestures of superficial courtesy, of false sincerity, John had seen far too many during his time in A’vetheas with the elves. Even his time in the empire had showed him that.

His memories of his past indicated the same.

Back when his was a child, he was certain he played his fair share of senseless drama of the same kind, if not, his parents most certainly thought of him as a tool of politics for the Sarvod family.

Taking responsibility for something he had no say in, nor desire for, was repulsive.

He wanted to dabble in this silly game even less.

He cannot care for anything else now. As of what John knew of the world that he now lived in, he, himself was the only thing he could care about. His wants, his desires, his morals, his thoughts, his love.

No longer he would live in the shadows of his mind.

 

This was his conviction.

 

And no one could tell him otherwise.

 

Evie was still silent, perhaps still embarrassed at John who was still hugging her. He leaned closed to her ear, with a a sly expression he whispered in the most gentle voice.

 

“You know, I like how possessive you are of me. It’s very endearing, Evie. Adorable even, I can look at that face of yours all night.”

 

If Evie’s face was not red enough already, his sticky words made all the blood that was in Evie’s body to rush to her face.

“W-what are you saying!?” she turned her head away from him, body squirming in his arms, “I-I am not such a person, like I have said back in Moxnet, i-if you wish to have another female, I-I would not be opposed to it.”

A bittersweet expression came to John’s face, it has been ages since that conversation of their had taken place. So much has happened that he was unsure if he was still the same upbeat cheeky guy.

“If it's a respectable woman like the Angeline, I c-can even…”

“That’s not what I meant, Evie.” John placed his thumb underneath her chin to face him, “What I meant is, I appreciate you for who you are, even the needy part of you. I…I…”

 

John’s gaze drifted away from her, the words he intended to tell her, the very four-letter words that declared his emotions at the moment for her.

 

Love.

 

He could not bring himself to say it to her.

 

After all, he could he?

When all of those who thought of him as precious had all but disappeared from his lives.

And with his biological parents who treated…no, abused him, John dared not to claim his understanding of love.

 

Was he misunderstanding attachment with the emotion of love?

Did it bear weight like the promises dragons gave the people they trust?

Is it similar to the emotions he felt for Kahnira when he was a child?

Or was it the bundle of emotions in his gut back when he was with Raina?

Could it be the peace he felt back when he lived with the Harvests?

 

He shook his head, for did not understand it.

 

If love was such a simple thing, if it costed nothing, if it came from contentment. Why would his parents withhold it from him? Why would anyone starve a child something as pure as love?

His eyes dimmed the more he dwelled on the past that vaguely appeared in his mind, but when he was reminded of the cruelty his biological parents inflicted on him, his disgust stomped away all hints of sorrow.

By the time John came back to his senses, the both of them had landed on a mountain far away from Courzer, where they previously was.

His arms were still around Ephinelyth when the flight magic around dissipated. She was silent, and from her soft expression she must have been reading his mind.

“It matters not if those word comes out from your mouth, John,” she spoke. “You had a rough time growing up…I know what you feel and think of me, that alone is plenty.”

“That might be it, but I—”

Evie placed her finger on his lips.

 

“I love you, because you are you, John. Not because of what you can or can’t do for me. To make you do something against your own volition is something I never wished for.”

 

Her words, like a lullaby, eased the storm that was in John’s heart.

 

“If you seek the seas, then I shall follow you on your journey. If you wish for nothing, then I too shall be in favor of it. If you make the world your enemy, then I shall be the weapon that lays waste. And if you ever stray from your beliefs, I shall be there to bring you back. I shall be the lighthouse to your stormy seas, John and nothing will change that.”

She will support him in all his endeavors, anything that went against his will, she was completely opposed of. If John ever went down yet another dark path, she will be there for him, ready to wait for him to regain himself once more.

 

This was her love to him.

 

Slowly released his hands around her John straightened his back.

“And when I am ready…Evie. To say those very words to you…”

“I will be there.”

Ephinelyth claimed under the dazzling moonlight that shone on her beautiful skin.

“Thank you,” lowering his head John put an end to the topic.

 

“Then, shall we enter my abode, my love?” Evie asked, pulling him by the hand as she dragged him words a tall wall structure that was the coverage for what seemed to be previously a large cave.

“My love? What’s with that—” John stopped realizing what just parted his lips.

 

He said it.

 

The four letter words that had choked at his mind moments ago undone by his habit to quip at the most insignificant things.

I… How did she…?

“Ufufu…indeed, I am delighted to be your love,” Ephinelyth lifted the left of her skirt as she made to bow at John with a smug smile. “It seems I understand you more than yourself, my love.”

It was almost as if Evie purposefully lowered his guard to get him to say those words to her.

Albeit it was his own doing, she played him like a fiddle.

“Why you!”

Face reddened, John grabbed Evie by her sides as he fought of the urge to laugh for having done something so silly, for worrying over something so silly for not being able to utter the word, ‘love’ to the girl who he held most dear.

“Eeek! John, don’t be impatient. Wait till we are inside to do this,” Evie squeled as she weakly ‘struggled’ to escape his bear hug. “Ahh, no, my love~ I am going to melt from your affection~”

With his teeth grinning, John shook his head as his arms soften around Evie’s body.

“Fine…” accepting his defeat at Ephinelyth’s quick wit, John chuckled. “I love you, Evie.”

“Ufufu, I know, my love. I love you just as much, if not, even more.”

 

 

“Speaking of which, is this the same cave in your memories?”

John raised his head to view the brilliant reflective facade that was before him, eyes moving about to make sense of the structure that was before them.

“It has undergone quite a lot of changes since then,” Evie admitted. “I had ample amounts of time to decorate it as I wished.”

 

“Decorate doesn’t quite fit…”

 

Along the wall façade of the two-floor structure was a wall of white ceramics slates along with heavy duty glass supported by black metal frames, creating a highly refined structure amidst the tall mountains that she lived in.

“It looks more like you are trying to show off in some strange competition of architecture.” John remarked, “Wow…I just— Wow, Evie, this is amazing…”

“After you, John.”

With a gesture of her hand, the doors to Evie’s home—previously cave—slide aside, making a path for them to enter.

“I…t-this… Can I?”

“This is also your home as much it is mine,” interlocking her arms with John’s, Evie brought him in before she the doors returned to their original position.

“What about privacy with those magic doors? It must be easy to enter if it opens and closes on a whim.”

 

“No worries, not even Velerion could enter or destroy this place if he had tried. This place is mine and mine alone. My father helped tested the security and durability of this place.”

Moving his right arm to her waist, John pulled Evie closer to him, stroking her waist with his thumb.

“That firepit you have at the center is quite pretty.”

Erected on the stone ground, the circular fire pit placed near to a raised wooden deck that served as the common area of Evie’s abode. With a flick of her finger, Evie started a gentle fire by the firepit, causing the coal to glow in deep orange.

“Shall we?”

Leading him by his hand, Evie brought John to the fire pit, placed themselves atop large comfy cushions close to the heat source.

“This is the hearth of the home,” she whispered as she nuzzled up against him, “It’s mostly for aesthetics, but I occasionally use it as nightlight or to boil some tea. I usually do my reading here if I can’t sleep.”

“Where’s your bed? It’s empty here.”

The humongous expansion of space around them was the combination of the living room and dry kitchen. Sure, it was vast, but there was not a single bed that John could see.

“It’s on the second floor, above us.”

Evie pointed towards a flight of stairs that led up to the second floor where brilliant moonlight shone through the clear glass, leading to  spotted a large sized mattress nearby the viewing windows of the second floor.

“The windows are only transparent from the inside. I can also adjust their opacity if it’s too bright,” Evie snapped her fingers.

The moonlight that permeated the cave waned until the brightest source of light originated from the coals before them, setting up an atmosphere where the soft orange glow basked both their faces.

“Do you get lonely after your parent’s passing?” John placed a hand on her head, stroking her hair as he felt Evie’s soft breathing synchronized with his.

“Rarely, but there are times I think I am.”

She levitated a few more pieces of fresh coal from beneath the fire pit and into the existing pile to keep the warmth going in the chilly cave that she had not visited in weeks.

“Time passes quickly whenever I sleep, you can say I did that a lot prior to meeting you.”

Before John could ask another question, Evie inched got to her feet, shifted her position and placed herself onto his lap with her face before him. Her horns, wings and tail had already sprouted when she placed her hands on his shoulders.

“What’s with the sudden change in form?”

“I want your lips,” she admitted, not even shying as she looked at him into his eyes, “You find this form of mine attractive, so I figured it was best that would get you to—”

“That’s not it. I liked this dragon girl form because it was you, not because I think it makes you look any different. If you wanted to kiss me, go ahead. There’s no need to change yourself to anything. I love you because you are Evie, my Ephinelyth.”

“…”

Evie became suddenly quiet as she turned her gaze away from John shyly.

 

“E-earlier you said...you wanted to e-enjoy me, I t-thought…this would arouse you…”

 

Her face flushed as she spoke to him in her mind.

“Ah…right…”

John looked at Evie’s reddened face, wondering how long she had been waiting for him to become one with her. The sliver maiden, though eager to be with him, was still shy to speak of her more carnal desires. Now that she mentioned it, he had yet to kiss her nor made any moves on her.

Placing his own forehead against hers, John held the back of Evie’s head with his eyes closed.

“Can you revert to your usual self? There’s no need to for this form, I know what to do…”

The wings, the horns, and even the tail from Evie quickly disappeared at his request, and when they did…

John placed his lips against hers, his hands moved along her silver hair, gently caressing her as he fully placed his lips against hers, sliding his tongue to meet hers.

“Mmfmph…”

Evie squirmed, but as John advanced, she too moved her lips as to knead John’s lips. Her hands became glued to his wide back, grabbed onto John so tightly that she can feel the beating of his heart against her chest.

 

Mfffw… Slurp… Mmmwww…

 

It was not until a few minutes of their tongues suckling and tasting each other’s sweet saliva did their passionate kiss came to a halt.

 

“Ufufu...”

“That’s...”

They had their faces so close that their scent were mixed with the other as they held each other tightly.

“John...I feel…” Evie whispered into his ear, her eyes indicated towards his lower body that her body was connected to. “Your…thing."

“!!!”

“Ufufu, at least your body is honest,” she placed a finger against his cheek. “Unlike you, who control yourself far too often.”

John made no voice, instead placed his lips on her cheeks in reply. Gently pressing them against her repeatedly as he showered her with his silent affection, causing Evie to writhe in his sensual embrace.

“I...am not sure what will I do if I don’t control them.”

John spoke to her telepathically as he held her firmly in his arms.

“My male desires are powerful.”

His hands move to her back as he kissed her face as he pleased, switching between her lips, her cute nose, her forehead, her cheeks, as he enjoyed the soft, joyous scent that Evie gave whilst accepting his love.

“I had to regularly take care of them, prior to...all the crazy stuff that’s happened to me. Even knowing your willingness to give me your girlhood, I don’t want to hurt you, Evie. I care too much that I fear what I might do if I indulge myself in it.”

The reins John had on his sexual desires were so strong that it defied the power of a demon succubus. It had been so prominent that even when his world fell around him, he had yet to give in the carnal temptations.

 

“The love I had in my life were all fleeting,” he spoke. “I am denied of my parent’s care, Kahnira who brought me up is no longer with me, and of the girl who I spent my teenage years with…I can no longer see.”

John admitted with a heavy heart, his dark pupils locked onto Evie’s blue eyes. In just a short amount of time, he had gotten very physical with Evie.

Whether it was by the obsession that he naturally had, or because he fully knew that Evie belonged to him, his burning desires for her was now lit ablaze in him.

 

“You may be clingy Evie, but I am certain I am more jealous, more possessive, more demanding, more lustful. That’s why…I have to know, I need to know, if you will accept me. Because once I go down this path with you, I know I will push these unrestricted desires of mine onto you.”

 

And it would mean, for the first time in his life, he would entrust the entirety of his heart to someone for safekeeping. His tender heart that had been wrecked over and over, his shattered heart that had undergone many iterations of death. For what went on in his…

 

“I am yours.”

 

Gone were the restraints on his mind.

Like a feral animal whose leash was cut, John with Ephinelyth held in his arms, pushed her against the wooden flooring, his mouth over hers as he fervently pressed his tongue into her mouth, making her moan as she felt his hands caressing the front of her body, moving slowly yet strongly from her neck, down to her chest, onwards to her stomach, and finally…

His hands made contact with her crotch, that was now drenched in sticky fluid.

Evie had her arms wrapped around his neck. Her body became drenched in sweat as John continued to play with her, teasing her with his touch, not wanting to let go of her for a single second with his deep, intense kiss.

With each passing moment, Evie increased the strength of their embrace, using not only her torso but also her legs to wrap herself around John like the clingy dragon she was.

 

“John… Let’s continue on the bed…” her face was pink as the words left her mouth that still lingered with his taste. “I…I…”

 

“If that’s what you wish…”

Gently but firmly, John moved his left arm to Ephinelyth’s back, his right to her thighs with his cheeks mushed against her face.

“Hup!”

Guided by his male instincts and his desire to keep Ephinelyth all to himself, John used the strength in his legs and proceeded to the stairs.

 

In his toasty warm embrace, Evie cozied herself his arms, heart pounding.

For the time has finally come for her.

For her to finally become one with her true love.

Her ever so increasing fascination of him ever since they met, her brooding and bland personality, her being born into the Elder Dragon bloodline despite her distaste for power or status.

After long years of patience, after persevering for an eternity that lasted seven years, this chapter of her life was upon her. Gone was the past of her idling without purpose, without joy, without love, without him, for all that will come for her this point onwards is the true reason for her existence.

 

Gazing at his gentle, rough, yet so immensely intense handsome face, she knew.

She was, and always had been, always will, his and only his.

This was Ephinelyth’s purpose, the Elder Dragon’s desire, her sole ambition.

To belong to him.

 

Pomfp!

 

The sight of a sheepish Evie was the only thing that mattered to John now. Having placed her on the bed and meeting her tender gaze, John was ready.

His palm moved to her cheeks, gave her a gentle touch.

“Evie…”

She responded by moving her arms to her sides, undressing her clothing for him, leaving only undergarments and exposed her soft flesh to John under the dim light.

A matching white bra and panties displayed all the beautiful curves that were hidden from usual clothing. John could not help but stare as his hands moved to remove his own clothes, leaving him only in his boxers.

For the first time in a long while, he had a good look on Evie’s face.

Her naturally long lashes, her small nose, the luscious lips, the strong spirit that was behind her eyes focused on him with a longing gaze that could not wait any longer.

“Wow…” he exclaimed, “I forgot how beautiful you are.”

Not even letting Evie to reply to him, his hands moved to unhook her bra, freeing her breasts as her pink puffy nipples came to his view on the soft bed. His thick arms made quick of the piece of laced panties that clung on to her crotch, revealing a damp soft mound with scarce short silvery hair slightly above.

“Says the handsome man with the broad shoulders.”

The moisture by her crotch increased as she raised her body to meet his, wrapping one of her arms around his thick back, as her free hand moved to pull at John’s boxers.

Ripppp…

His lower region was freed by Evie, no sooner when the air surged at his lower body.

 

They were now truly nude before each other.

 

Ephinelyth closed her eyes as she pressed her body against John’s, rubbing herself against his solid chest with her bountiful one. She used her vaginal flesh and grind against his penis, probing it to stiffen and elongate.

“I love you, John. I love you so much.”

“Evie, I— Mmmph!”

Evie pushed mouth against John, not allowing him a second to respond. Her tongue entwined wish his as she increased the grinding against his member, savoring in his scent as she felt his arms draw her closer.

John turned Evie’s attempts against him by intensifying their kiss, sucking her tongue with an even larger vigor as they exchanged their saliva. His hands latched onto her endowed chest, squeezing her as helped himself to her body.

“Ahh~ John give me all of you!!!”

Evie let out a moan, but John was far from done. He then pushed her onto the bed with his strong arms, positioned his penis at the opening of her soft vagina, keeping his eyes on her as he spoke.

 

“Bear with me.”

 

His stiffened penis slid into her warm hole as he felt the vaginal walls of Evie slowly part at his entrance, wrapping him in a loving tug as his penis stiffen even more at the sight of her face scrunched in delighted pain.

“Hnggg!”

Her thighs clamped down on him mid entrance, her body stiffened in pain as damp tears formed from her squeezed eyes.

“Evie!”

“I-it’s alright John…”

Taking girl of her virginity was a tender act of painful love, even if it only hurt the first time he entered her, John could not bare inflict such pain on her. Before he could argue, Evie had wrapped her legs around his waist, holding him to his place with her damp eyes locking on to his.

“Keep going, my love. I am willing to hurt for you,” she buckled her hips closer in his direction, teeth biting on her lip.

John took a deep breath, squeezed his abdomen muscles, and thrusted,

 

Spurt.

 

“Haah…hah…” the moment he felt her tender flesh against his balls and his penis fully enveloped by her, he lost his breath.

“You’re finally in me…” soft tears trickled down her cheeks as the pain of him entering her subsided.

“Y-yeah…” a mischievous grin crawled to John’s face as he gazed at Evie’s sexy body, compiled with his urges and his desire for him, John felt his body surged with a desire that overwhelmed all his thoughts.

 

“I cannot be more—”

 

“You’re mine!!!”

This time, it was John who could no longer wait, he pushed his lips on her, silencing her with a wet kiss, then with his mouth fully planted on her, he moved his hips to thrust in her.

 

“Mmmphh!!! Ahhh~ John, I… Hah…”

 

Noise escaped Evie’s mouth but John was relentless, his penis having had the taste of her, wanted more and more.

Slap, slap, slap!!!

His thrust went in her hard, his speed increased as he rammed against her with all the passion he had. Having felt her desire for him he thrust into her as he pleased.

She gave him full permission to take her however he wished, and that was what he intended to do, even if it meant hurting her slightly.

 

Slap, slap, slap!!!

 

Her body bounced beneath his body, his hands rubbed the soft mounds of her breasts taking joy as he played with Evie as she tossed her head left and right moaning in pleasure.

“I-I…l-love you, J-John~”

From the squirms of her body as he played with her nipples, to her pelvic muscles wriggling as she welcomed the full length of his member into her, bouncing her body to meet his pace as her lewd expression met his.

“Evie… Ephinelyth...”

With each thrust he entered her, the sticky sensation of sex increased, her vagina twisted, squeezed on him. The more Evie held on to him and squaled, the greedier he sucked on her lips, pounded her and let his penis slide in and out of her love juice filled hole.

“My love, ahhh!!!” her sticky voice rang in his ears as she tightened her embrace on him.

With each sensation of his testicles colliding with her thighs the louder she became.

John moved his head towards her chest and sucked one of her large breasts that was closest to him, feeling the radiated heat and jubilation that accompanied with Ephinelyth’s pleasurable moans.

Evie, sensing an opportunity, grabbed both his hands, and interlocked her own fingers with his.

“Ufufu…”

Then with a forceful strength, she rose from the bed, taking John by surprise. Pinning him to the sheets as she climbed on top of him with a cheekily smile of victory.

“It is my turn now, John,”

Using his arms as support, Evie raised her hips and thrusted down on John, bounced on him as she swayed body, flaunting her soft breasts to him to view. She reveled as his penis glided in and out of her, reaching her all pleasure spots knowing he felt what she felt.

“I...E-Evie…” John gritted his teeth, trying to fight the overwhelming sensation from Evie leading their rhythm. “G-go easy on me.”

“Ahh… C-come on, my love, g-give it to me,” she egged him on, arcing closer to him as she met his thrusts from below. “I love youuuu!!!”

With her full body in his view, their minds, their bodies, their soul connected with the other, a sense of clarity surged John’s mind.

Hmph!

He grunted, pulling her close into a hug as he took Evie’s rapid thrusting rhythm and replaced it with his powerful one.

Slap!!! Slap!!! Slap!!!

What had been once his rhythmic thrusting of his hips turned into vigorous movements that sought to make his mark onto her body like an uncontrolled jackhammer.

“Ah-a-ahhh!!!” her voice vibrated as he pressed on his thrusts into her.

Evie’s fingers pressed against his skin in delight as she nibbled his ear, feeling the ever-increasing sensation that was building in her.

“I… Evie… E-Evie…” his voice rasped as he felt their sweated mixed with the other, he was on the verge of release, and so was she, he had no need for telepathy to know what she felt at that very moment.

“John, my—Hah!!! John, I love youuuuu…” her voice squealed as a wave of pleasure surged causing Evie to clutch onto his body as she reached her climax. In turn clenching John’s fully erect penis that was deep in her, bringing him to his limit.

Spurt!

“Arggghhh!” clenching his teeth, his body rocked uncontrollably at Evie’s embrace, her sudden tensing of her body, as her voice entered his ears, her scent whiffed into his nose, her arms held him tightly in her embrace, it drove his mind blank, and what filled him was the sensation of joy, pleasure, release, comfort.

His back arched upwards as he made one last thrust into Evie to feel her sweet body ending his climax with hers.

 

“I love you.”

 

The her delightful smile shone in his direction, the stiffen muscles of his body relaxed, the dark clouds that once fogged his heart disappeared. Her words, though repeated so many times for tonight, finally, made its way and nestled into John’s heart.

An emotion that he thought he long lost, was now flowing through him like a river.

 

Solace.

 

“Yeah.” John brushed his cheeks against hers as he rubbed her head, showering her with his affection as he took a deep breath. “I love you too.”

 

 

 

 

John laid silently on the bed, eyes drifted into the scenic distance.

He just awoken from his nap, laying by Evie’s side as he watched the dragon girl cozying up to him. His hands moved to her back, gently caressing her like the precious woman he thought she was.

Evie responded by nuzzling her face against his chest generating a pleasant warmth both on his skin and in his heart.

“Are you troubled?” Evie asked telepathically as she rubbed her eyes open.

“I…don’t mean to sound dismissive,” John spoke with a slight smile. “But did you initiate sex earlier just to appease me?” He had no doubts that Evie loved him, perhaps much more so he could say for his own emotions towards her.

“No, I just wanted, show you, whatever emotions you have, I will receive it all. Your lust, your sorrows, your despair, your joy, your hatred, your apathy…”

Evie reached for his face, closed her eyes as she gave him a kiss on his lips.

“That I will forever be for you. Even if you do not feel so.”

John’s brows drooped.

“Even when I shouted at you back then…” his words became small but still audible. “You...”

She loved him so deeply that she took on the responsibility of unraveling the tender petals of emotions that walled up around his heart.

 

“To do anything of your own volition, be it loving me, or to have the courage to face your past, I understand much that I am very much useless to you. You are a stubborn man, and I love you for that.”

 

Evie smiled, bearing no malice in her words, but of deep admiration.

 

“I seek not to alter you. I have no intentions of making you someone you are not, far too often that I observed mortals who become lost in their senseless pursuit of love that they ended up hurting those they wished to keep the most. John, I desire you far too much to force you to do anything, yet, I wish to do everything for you...d-does that make sense?”

 

Her blue eyes peered into him vulnerably.

 

“L-like I said, to see you happy and be the best of yourself is what I desire from you. If everything in this world in taken from you, I will still choose to be by your side. T-that is why…you need not to fear that I will…”

“Evie, Ephinelyth.”

John placed his arms around her armpits, lifted her naked body closer his.

With his black eyes, he stared right back at her.

“For all that I remember, there was nothing but darkness in my life. From my love starved childhood to the destruction of everything I know and love.”

Wrapping an arm around her, he smiled.

“But starting with you...Evie, who I have given my heart to. I refuse to be ruled by the sway of this accursed fate of mine, I have lost far too much and I refuse to lose any more! If it wants to break me, I shall defy it with everything I have. If it seeks to crush me, then I shall bend it to my will!

 

“My life is my own, and I decide what I do with it!!!”

 

Evie leaned towards him, for she knew that this moment, like many of the moments that she would live for the rest of her life, shall be filled with the presence of her love, of John whom she held so dear to.

Every day, every passing moment that would soon come to her. Ephinelyth was certain, that her unrequited love for him, will forever be replaced by an everlasting affection between them.

3