Chapter 3 – Supreme Magus
89 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A rabbit was hopping along happily when it witnessed a ball of dark energy expanding rapidly in the air. When the sphere grows to the size of a human head, the energy leaks out in all directions, forming a gate.

A massive head, covered in thick fur, and topped with a giant horn, emerged from the gate after it was slowly torn open by a giant hand with sharp claws that could hook its prey. One of its eyes was a deep, yellow one that seemed to peer right into your very being.

The huge monkey-like creature walked out of the gate and howled as it took in the verdant surroundings. The sound traveled far and wide throughout the woods.

***

The sounds of birds chirping and dogs barking fill the city.

"It's summer already!" Caesar said as he looked at the glaring sunlight that was shining brightly.

Either way, I can pay the hospital for this month.

Every month, I earn about $5,500. Hospital fees and living expenses are $3300.

Each month, I save $1600. At this rate... when will I ever...

I won't be able to do anything at this rate. I can't stay like this.

But just how am I supposed to... '

***

Sitting on his scoppy, Caesar unlid the water bottle and chugged it in his mouth with a refreshed face. In Caesar's vision, the awakened were chit chatting without a care in the world and were all smiles.

There are so many awakened people. They are everywhere. Even though this place is near the hunting area, you won't find many ordinary citizens here. You won't believe there are only about 50,000 awakened people in the country, but monsters' body parts sell for a ridiculous amount of money, so it's no wonder why there are so many of them here. If that wasn't the case, why would so many awakened people fight the monsters?

I haven't done any music for a whole year. My dream is to...

He brings the bottle of water up to his face with one hand and punches the seats and sobs,

No, let's just focus on the reality for now.

No more depressing thoughts.

At least I can earn money right now, even though my life is on the line.

The money I am earning is my sister's life itself. '

Caesar firmly crushes the water bottle, "I can't afford to pause here."

He then put his helmet on, saying, "All right, let's leave," and threw the water bottle into the garbage cans nearby.

Just as Caesar was preparing to leave, he saw that his scoppy gas meter was just 0. "Damn, I am already low on gas!"

Thankfully, the gas station was nearby, or else he would have had to walk there for a long time.

***

"All the way, please," Caesar smiled and said to the energetic young girl wearing a red uniform and a cute ponytail.

"Okay ~" she replied.

Are kids these days brave or just fearless?

This area is a possible monster hunting zone, but she's working a job here.

Caesar noticed the girl humming a soft, pleasant tune to herself while she worked and reasoned, "I bet it's because it pays well."

"$14.35 please," the girl said cheerfully.

"Here"

"Thank you. Would you like your receipt? "

"No thanks."

"Sure. Thank you for coming! "the girl said and walked away, jumping happily.

She's energetic. I haven't felt that way in ages though.

I wish I could feel that way again. But that's probably impossible.

For now, my goal is to save $7,000,000 and to wake my sister from the disease, I need $7,000,000.

Rank A plant type monster that goes by the name Mandragora. The parts of this plant-type monster fetch a high price on the market, and among its many valuable body parts, the flower that grows on its head is commonly referred to as "cure-all medicine." This flower is famous for being the one and only treatment for the illness that my sister has, a treatment that is so rare that it costs $7,000,000.

Just as Caesar was preparing to leave, he heard a sound that sounded like screeching and tearing. "What was that sound?" 

Perplexed by the unexpected noise, Caesar turned around quickly and was horrified by what he saw. As it descended, a military tank zoomed across the sky at a speed of 180 kilometers per hour.

"WHAAT!?"

Caesar, who had no time to ponder the insanity of a speeding tank, swerved his bike to the side in order to avoid colliding with the massive vehicle.

"SHIT!!" Caesar screams and quickly pulls his accelerator in a panic to avoid the debris that was caused by the impact of the tank that was traveling at such a speed.

"Why is that falling from the sky out of no where?" 

The force of the impact obliterated everything in its path, and as this location was a gas station, a deafening boom similar to that of an explosion was also heard, along with a surge of flames and rocks flying in every direction.

Caesar was rushing to get away from the explosion when he was struck in the back by one of the rocks. He soon crashed his bike and fell unconscious.

'Ah' 

'Sis...'

***

Wait, I didn't die?

Woah... What is that? Am I seeing things?

The earth was crumbling to pieces, and debris was flying in every direction. In front of Caesar stood a humongous dragon that was so huge that you had to look up to see its face properly. Its body was riddled with wounds, and its face was bloodied. It seemed as if blood was still pouring down its left eye.

"HAHAHAHA. How amazing and entertaining! " "Mere humans have reached my level." A hysterical laugh emanates from the dragons.

So I am dreaming. Wait, I think I know its name.

Myrva, The Eternal One. Even amongst the dragons, A magnificent being which has established its superiority over the demigods.

"Supreme of mortals is allowed to all beings but..." "For a mere human to damage me to this extent." "This world is just full of unknowns. How always entertaining? " With a chuckle, the dragon said

Damage?

Did that huge dragon take damage? How?

A laugh was heard as to agreeing with the dragon, "Undoubtedly, entertain."

Caesar, who was startled by the unfamiliar voice, turned his attention to the location from which the voice emanated and saw a man whose long silver hair was unbound and flowing freely around his body. The man continued to exude confidence despite the fact that the lower part of his body could no longer be seen, and he said, "Hehe, but we can't have fun anymore." "A bit disappointing..." "However, nothing can be done about it."

Who...? It feels familiar. No. I know him? Why?

"Unfortunate. I do want to be entertained for eternity, but this cannot be helped. " "Even as a Supreme Magus, you cannot defy death." The dragon sighs as he looks at the human who has surpassed other humans and reached his level.

"However, Myrva, "I still have a final trump card in my sleeve," the man replied with a sneer with blood still in his mouth.

"Hahaha, the reincarnation magic you have invented. However, do you really believe it can save your direest moment? " 

A blue energy that was sparkling started to form in the man's necklace, "Stay alive as long as you want." "I will find you again someday."

"KUHAHAHAHA, I will look forward to it."

"The Supreme Magus Kuratauras!"

In Kuratauras's dying seconds, the dragon opens its mouth and begins to gather the energy around it, which it then blasts at Kuratauras. With its breakneck speed, the energy ball was able to penetrate deep into Kuratauras.

Ah...

Caesar was overcome with terror when he saw the man falling in his direction, and despite his best efforts, he was unable to avoid it. The sound of an explosion was heard just as the body of the man began to assimilate with the body of Caesar. The sound of the explosion was caused by an energy ball colliding with a mountain, which resulted in a massive explosion.

Huh?

This doesn't feel like I am actually dead...

Ughh my head...

Caesar writhes in agony as the ringing in his head continues to persist. A sudden bright flash filled his field of vision, and the next thing he knew, he found himself back at the gas station. In Caesar's vision, the flames were still raging, and there was debris all over the place consisting of rocks and metal.

Caesar was on the ground filled with blood as he held his hand upwards to the sky and said, "HAHA... I sure have been wasting my life away." "I reincarnated after all that trouble, and I am living like this."

13