Book 6 – Crossroads of the Dragon Prince (2)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Plot: The scene begins with the god of destruction opening his eyes and mutters something of the stone of eternity being reborn. He quickly acts as he sends a wisp of his power down to the world of Angrea and mutters that his plans will need to be rushed. Meanwhile, Goibhniu is reawakened by the dewdrops of morning’s first moisture drops landing on his nose and he awakens in a daze as he grasps the black crown that is nearby him and tries to place it on his head after inspecting it. However, the crown evades him as the soul of the crown says that even its creator can not be allowed to wear the black crown. Goibhniu marvels at his masterpiece as it seems to bless him instead of letting Goibhniu wear it and then portals away as it says that the two candidates to become king must meet each other once more. Meanwhile, in the bay of commerce, the crown and its soul body reveal wisps of its power as it unleashes a tsunami like blast that pushes all the boats of the harbor to the edge and alerts the royalty of the nearby cities to the power. Soon after, the crown summons a kneeling Novus and a shocked Pandora. Soon after, the crown silences them both as it forces them to decide who the master of the crown will be with one method. A duel.

 

Plot: Numerous people enter the area as Novus’ companions and Pandora’s companions are separated by sides. Novus greets Pandora by name, and she is noticeably shaken as she quickly regains control and says that he has met with her master. Novus replies that his soul has finally found peace and Pandora goes slightly berserk at letting him go so quickly. Understanding the origin of her strength does little to help Novus as Pandora proves to have gotten even stronger since the last fight, but Novus puts up one hell of a battle. Meanwhile, the crown hovering in the air hesitates between picking a side as both are capable and reveals that the winner will be the one with a more complete heart. It is at that moment that point that the two separates after having clashed using the regular abilities they possess and begin to activate their trump cards.

 

Plot: Novus manages to activate his third tier of partner fusion and fuses with three pets and himself to battle against Pandora who saps the strength of the nearby seven sins to empower herself once more. The battle now is at a level that the group wouldn’t be able to touch without activating their full power as the very bay waters split apart with the quaking of power from their clashes. However, in a decisive moment, Pandora decides to fully eat the power of Gula who collapses into ashes at the gluttony of Pandora’s eating. Using Gula’s power, Pandora manages to fully face Novus and eventually wins against him. Pandora is about to fully eliminate a now-weakened Novus, but the Crown of Eternity separates them as it chooses Pandora as its master. Novus is appalled when the Crown of Eternity sends a secret message to Novus saying that he must ‘clear his heart, mind, soul and body and the path will come forward of a supreme emperor.’

 

Plot: Pandora mocks a downtrodden Novus as she leaves ‘for the next part of the plan’ and the sins leave with her as they portal away. Novus doesn’t even look towards Pandora as he processes things in his mind that he realized during the battle about his own powers. Briefly questioning whether Pandora’s method is right or not, Novus is met with a resounding slap that awakens him from his trance. He angrily is about to condemn whoever slapped him but stops when he sees a tearful Circe. She mentions that it isn’t worth thinking about it that hard and that the simple answer is always stay in the present instead of dwelling. Novus looks around and is reassured that the path he is treading is correct. It doesn’t take long before his heart is cleared, and a quest appears that tells him he must clear his mind and body next to battle against Pandora again for the crown. When Novus thanks everyone for keeping him on track, Sherlock pipes up that he knows where the Hidden Shadow is and the party decides to split into two points of attack: Novus decides to train with Gaius to complete his body, soul and mind training as the rest of the party decide to track the Hidden Shadows whereabouts.

 

Plot: The scene shifts to the old caretaker preparing tea for three and welcomes Gaius and Novus as they return to greet the old caretaker and Novus finally confronts what was written in the note given to him earlier. The old caretaker says that it isn’t too far, and the group is followed to the old Edna’s auctioneer who is being remodelled by some craftsmen. Novus sighs but follows along with Gaius and the old caretaker to a special room that opens with the old caretaker’s key and a portal opens. The old caretaker mentions that when a mage is powerful enough like Edna, that she can set up a small area to herself in space. Novus steps through and watches as the familiar house with beetles running around everywhere enters his eyes. It is revealed that the beetles are only lingering spirits now that Edna died with them, but the various treasured plants are still suitable to be used by Novus to level up his body to its maximum capacity. The scene ends with the old caretaker saying that this is Edna’s final wishes to Novus, and that it is her sole inheritance to Novus, who sheds a tear that he quickly wipes away as he accepts Edna’s gift after death.

 

Plot: The scene cuts to a gigantic forest that Sherlock, Percival, etc. are all exploring while fighting off the same beasts that the HS was fighting off earlier in the end of Book 5. It isn’t long before the gigantic tropical forest reveals a temple in the distance that has a singular pillar of blue light shining far away. This has an effect as Hercules recognizes the familiar feeling the pillar of light gives off. However, he is only able to make sure when they get closer, so the party continues forward towards the pyramid-like temple. Meanwhile, Gaius and the old caretaker are seen altering the landscape of the area as a giant pool forms with countering elements inside as lave tries to swirl with ice water and forms a pool of Yin and Yang. A nearby Novus is seen letting his pets run free as they devour the countless herbs and tonics of Edna’s subspace and Novus himself is concentrating his mind as he begins to race through each moment that has taken him to this moment. This strengthens his heart once more and it isn’t long before he reopens his eyes and says that he is ready to begin.

 

Plot: Novus is seen before the Yin and Yang Pool and takes a deep breath before unsummoning his Soul Partners and diving into the pool. When Novus enters the pool, he is immediately assaulted by the yin and yang energies that enter and begin to battle across his body. Quickly, Novus begins to use his connection with his soul Partners to circulate his unique prism mana across his body and use it to meld the energies to his body through a continuous cycle of breakdown and reformation. This also comes with an assault to his mind as the links between his body and mind come under attack from the cold principles of yin and warm principles of yang. However, the attack isn’t finished as the soul connections between Novus’ Soul is going under rebirth as the links between Soul Partners continuously reforms Novus’ soul.

 

Plot: Meanwhile, the adventurous party that is facing the monsters of the tropical forest finally arrive at the temple that has already had its entrance opened with guarding Hidden Shadow disciples there. The battle begins once more as the Novus group fight off the dedicated HS Disciples. Elsewhere, the gradually accumulating energies gradually reform Novus’ mind, body, and soul connections. In a grand powerful blast that completely throws back the guarding Gaius and old caretaker, an emerging Novus whose very body absorbs the entire energy of the yin and yang pool at once and then consumes the subspace as the two onlookers hurriedly escape the subspace. The two have only just escaped when a reborn Novus steps through space and appears before Gaius and the old caretaker that tells them he is ready to face Pandora once more.

 

Plot: Novus’ group is seen fighting a fierce battle as the loss of Gula hasn’t affected the mentality of the remaining HS disciples at all and is amazing as they seem more powerful than before. The rhythm of the battel seems to turn into a favorable rhythm as the figure of Xavier appears out of left field and begins to fight against the HS. It isn’t long before the area around the temple is flattened by a presence that overwhelms all those present as a true empress and Pandora appears before everyone. However, she says that she isn’t there for them, but rather for him and looks up to the sky. From an amazing portal, Novus emerges while activating his five-tier armor (that looks like a black Victorian armor like Edna’s armor) with all his Soul Partners except Mino. His very presence illuminates the battlefield as he commands the crown to reinitiate the duel between him and Pandora.

 

Plot: The crown agrees to the duel but will empower the current empress as the right of a challenger/usurper compels the crown to do so and a globe envelopes Novus and Pandora in the sky that won’t consider any interference. Meanwhile, on the ground, Novus’ party begins to overpower the HS disciples with the inclusion of the old caretaker and Gaius. However, it isn’t until a surprise attack from Xavier that heavily injures the old caretaker and defends Gaius that a destructive energy is seen seeping out of Xavier’s body and begins to overpower the recently joined Gaius. However, the battle up above quakes the ground and causes the groups battling down on the ground to look towards the supreme battle that is being unleashed in the sky above.

 

Plot: During their battle, Novus and Pandora have a conflict of wills as they clash with earth-shattering strikes. Pandora battles against Novus while gradually consuming her sins from down below as a ‘all for one’ type of battle strategy. Meanwhile Novus battles against her as a ‘one for all’ type of strategy that uses the strength of all his Soul Partners for his battle. It doesn’t take long before Pandora sustains a grievous injury from Novus’ earth-shaking blow. However, this forces Pandora to fully absorb her seven sins and Mercury. In addition to this, the disintegrating Xavier that seems to be taken over by some sort of hostile entity relinquishes this body form as it decides to ‘take on an apostle as well in this world.’ As Pandora accepts this sudden burst of destructive energy, she launches a feint blow to Novus and instead secretly steals the behemoth key. However, Novus responds by revealing earth-shattering killing blow using his six-tiered armour that manages to successfully kill Pandora and forces the crown to finally accept Novus as the true ruler of the Crown of Eternity.

 

Plot: Shot out of the globe like a meteor, Pandora is seen crashing into the tip of the temple and a flying Novus slowly floats down with the crown of eternity on his head. Novus processes things and notices the feint blow, but almost too late as he hurriedly rushes to a flashing Pandora that has revived using the phoenix pendant on her chest and almost manages to place the behemoth key into the slot atop the temple. However, Novus manages to intercept just in time and activates the behemoth key in his name and a branding appears on his hand that correlates to the matching brand that is placed on Pandora’s hand. Novus attempts to kill off Pandora, but she escapes to the nearby ocean using the traces of destructive energy flooding her system and the energy of the branding on her hand to escape. From the ocean coast, a tsunami appears around where Pandora disappeared, and Novus too is sent reeling back by the energy of his hand as he allows it to take him to the nearby chaotic mountains.

 

Plot: The grounds and oceans of Angrea quake and churn as the species near the southern coast of Angrea see the gradual rising of the Behemoth from Novus’ point of view and the parting of the sea as the leviathan rises with Pandora at the helm. The mountain with unstable areas awakens as the behemoth rises and plants Novus atop a magic circle at the top of the behemoth as it marches to the coast where the leviathan approaches. It doesn’t take long before a beam of the behemoth’s energy conflicts with a beam of power that is launched from the leviathan that ruptures the earth at the zone of confliction. Novus seems eerily calm as he steels his heart imagining the numerous people sacrificed in the blow and vows to end the battle quickly and gradually sees the coast where the leviathan is being harassed by the powers of Novus’ party. Novus directly tells them to teleport far away to Yggdrasil which is trying to protect the top of the continent with its roots and the party reluctantly agrees. Meanwhile, Pandora mocks Novus for causing such a devastation of life, but Novus merely tells her that it is time to end her once and for all.

 

Plot: Between Novus and Pandora, they entirely raise the southern continent over each other, and the behemoth and leviathan end up in a stalemate that Novus breaks by infusing as much power into the behemoth that it ends up biting and breaking off a section of the leviathan that sends Pandora hiding into the ocean once more when the legendary reborn phoenix arrives to help battle the leviathan. Having exhausted his energy to empower the behemoth into winning against the leviathan, Novus faints atop the howling behemoth.

 

Plot: Opening his eyes, Novus realizes he is before the similar faceless god of Creation, however, the circumstances have changed as he watches beside the god towards where the god is looking. There, he sees the encroaching darkness that is eating way at the barrier of light that contains many more faceless gods that have certain traits that define them. Novus questions the God of Creation and the God of Creation replies that the time for war has finally come at the expense of both of their actions. The god of creation empowers Novus’ consciousness to see through the darkness as he sees the other sides’ god of destruction with Pandora. As Novus makes eye contact with Pandora, he witnesses her viciously angry with him and mouths some words that makes the supposed god of destruction form a disturbing smile on his otherwise faceless mouth. The god of destruction waves his hand, and the attacking darkness finally breaks the barrier around the god of creation’s territory and the god of creation tells Novus to get the key from Pandora and that the rest is up to Novus as he directly sends him back to Angrea. The last thing Novus experiences is the marching of gods as they approach each other in a divine war.

 

Plot: Novus awakens once more as he is surrounded by the attention of the group around him. Novus, however, ignores the party as he stares to the sky and mutters to himself about how ‘they were up there all along’. The party follows Novus’ eyes as they watch the Sun Phoebus and Moon Delia begin to lighten/darken as the sun battles against the corrupted moon Delia. The moment the two begin to collide, a solar eclipse between the two begin to shine a blinding darkness that causes the party to quiver. Percival mutters ‘Hey, are you for real?’ as he watches two meteor like attacks try to wipe out each other and the nearby seas begin to flood the temple. Novus hurriedly orders the behemoth to retreat inland. However, time isn’t kind as the elven king disciple and Adrianne begin to go mad as the goddess of the moon and Adrianne’s destructive energies try to make them fight against their nearby colleagues. The group manages to restrain them and knock them unconscious. When the group urges Novus to tell them what is happening, Novus tells them that the worst scenario is repeating itself. “The Eclipse has started again.” In a final action right after Novus speaks, the system sends its final message as the players across Angrea read ‘The system has ceased its function. The log out function has been disabled.’

0