C8 – Red Woods
2k 9 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Red Woods was the forest not far way from the village. It got its name from its characteristic dark red treetops. The forest was fairly safe, if you stay in the outer area. The deeper you go, the more dangerous it gets. Some adventurers even swear they saw daemons in the deepest parts.

“So…”[Davron]

Davron searched for a stick for crafting the bow.

“This one looks acceptable”[Davron]

The stick he found was roughly 1m long and looked fairly stable.

Then, he took a piece of cloth out of his pocket, tore it into pieces and processed the fiber into a bow string. ‘I guess it will pass’.

Davron’s hand started the crafting process. It was a magical feeling, everything came automatically to him, like as if it wasn’t his first time.

After he finished crafting the bow, Davron began to craft arrows. Fortunately, crafting arrows was easygoing.

‘Of course, my skills won’t win me a competition, but still, I felt ecstatic about learning rookie skills’ Davron had a small smile on his lips.

“Thanks, AIS”[Davron]

[…]

After the whole crafting action, He went looking for prey.

Davron’s untrained feet made an audible ruckus, so most animals knew already that he was in their territory and hid themselves.

He spend hours looking for game.. until he found it.

Right in front of him was a bigear bunny hopping undisturbed.

Bigears bunnies were rather big white bunnies with extremely large ears, which they use to hide their traces while moving. Their ears were even larger than their body.

The bunny didn’t notice the young hunter, as it was munching grass beside a tree stump.

Davron drew his bow and aimed at the bunny.

‘Relax’

He slowed down his breathing. Davron had watched a lot of documentaries in his past, so he had a rough idea about archery.

Whoosh

He let go of the arrow.

It flew.. and missed. The arrow was stuck in the tree stump.

The bunny jolted out of shock and ran away, without even looking at the threat.

‘Fuck’ Davron started chasing the bunny. The chase was the most pathetic thing he ever experienced. Davron fell multiple times, running after the fat piece of meat.

Whoosh

‘Damn, it missed again!’

The second arrow didn’t even come close to the target, how could it, when a rookie was shooting while running!

After he ran, what felt like an eternity, he had only a single arrow left.

‘Come on, be my lucky arrow’ Davron cried into his mind.

He stopped running.

Davron drew his arrow.. and then he let go of the string.

Whiish

“KRIIIII”[Bigear bunny]

The arrow hit its target. The bunny let out awful sounds. It cried and cried, but after a short time the whole forest turned silent.

Davron slowly went to the bunny and looked down at the corpse. It was his first kill in the new life and also in the old life. He didn’t know how to describe it, Davron didn’t feel bad, but a subtle melancholy still lingered.

[Foreign energy detected!]
[Foreign energy is rushing into host’s body..]
[Foreign energy is automatically assimilating into host..]
[Automatic assimilation interrupted by AIS]

‘Hmm?’ It took me some time to notice AIS. ‘AIS, what’s happening?’

[After host killed the target, a part of the target’s soul tried to merge into host]

‘Merge? Did it want to control me?’

[No, host. The soul piece was pure energy without a consciousness]

‘Where is it now.. and what’s the use?’

[It’s stored in host’s body. Information about usage is not available]

‘Puhh okay, AIS show me my stats again’

~
[Status]

<Name: Davron>
<Race: Half-Elf>
<Age: 9 annos>

<STR: 10>
<AGL: 10>
<VIT: 10>
<STM: 10>
<INT: 25>
<DEF: 10>
<Abilities: Truth Seeking, Helper System AIS>
~

‘Hm, nothing changed’

His stats had kept growing alongside him. Except intelligence, every stat increased 1 point per year. AIS had told him that they will keep increasing until Davron is physically grown up, so till he turns 16 annos.

His little knife started to process his pray. The ground turned red, while the bunny lost all its blood.

‘That’s it’

Melancholy was still grabbing Davron’s heart. He felt bloody and dirty.

Sound returned to the forest and noises of flowing water made themselves noticeable. Davron stuffed his game into a bag and walked in the direction of water.

A small creak was flowing through the lush forest. It reflected the red treetops.

Davron looked at the water surface and saw his reflection. There were red leafs in his hair and dirt decorated his handsome face. Davron’s golden eyes seemed to harbor sadness. ‘I guess the kill affected me more than I thought..’

He undressed himself and went into the water. The leafs and the dirt were washed away by his hands.

Davron’s gaze was again on his reflection. The sadness in his eyes still lingered, but now he was looking at a handsome boy with golden eyes and brown hair with golden streaks. Yes, like his sister, he had brown hair with streaks matching his eyes color.

He left the water, dressed himself and then went home.

“Hmm, dear why do you look so sad?”[Ellena]

Ellena was sitting on the bench near the front door outside.

Davron took the bag off his belt and showed her the insides.

“Look I got us some meat”[Davron]

“Oh yes..”[Ellena]

It took some time for her to digest his words. Ellena got angry.

“Davron, did you go to the Red Woods?!”[Mother]

Ellena shouted at her son for the first time in his life. He even took a step back.

“Yes..”[Davron]

“My god, you’re 9 annos old! 9! What would you have done if goblins appeared?”[Ellena]

“Mom.. I was in the outer layer..”[Davron]

“It doesn’t matter! Many hunters died, because they met monsters in the outer layer!”[Ellena]

“Mom, I understand, but I had to do something! We can’t keep going like this, Luna is already weak, we need meat.”[Davron]

Ellena hesitated. She knew, that they were in a bad situation and that they can’t keep living like this.

“Puhhh”[Ellena]

She exhaled tiredly.

“I just don’t want to lose you..”[Ellena]

“I’m the men in our family and I will provide for you. I know it is dangerous and I will stay vigilant, so please support me”[Davron]

Ellena looked defeated.

“Phuu I think can understand my mother now. You’re rebellious as me back then, huh”[Ellena]

Davron smiled at his mother.

“Not rebellious, I just want to provide for my family”[Davron]

“Just don’t take unnecessary risks, don’t be like me, okay?”[Ellena]

‘Was this the chance to ask about her adventurer past?’ Before, Davron didn’t want to ask Ellena about her past to not upset her feelings.

“What do you mean, mom?”[Davron]

“Ahh, I never told you about my adventurer accident.

Before I was your mother, I had been a rather successful silver rank adventurer. You see, the people from yesterday, were my former team. Back then, your father and I were just teammates.

So back to the topic. We accepted a simple job, to eliminate 20 goblins from an abandoned mine shaft.

Being a team for so long made our work easy. Quite fast, our bags got full with goblin heads. But you need to know, jobs like these give bonus rewards if you get more heads.

After packing our equipment to head out back, Derik suggested to earn more and go deeper. We were quit split about the decision. Derik persuaded us that there might be loot and that we need better equipment to rank up.

Greed grabbed our hearts and we continued to go deeper. Who knew, that the tunnels were home of an ogre? Without even a chance, the ogre dominated us. It was hell, everyone panicked.

Fortunately, I had a forbidden medicine. With its help, I stalled the monster and we escaped. ..However, the forbidden medicine ruined my mana paths, which means the end for mages. I could only cast grade 1 spells.

It was a horrible and depressing time for me. I had nowhere to go. Derik, who had a liking for me, consoled me and persuaded me to become his wife and I accepted. Truth be told, now I know that he played with me.

And You know the rest.”[Ellena]

‘Wow, such a simple decision changed her whole life. Does she regret it?’

“Mom.. do you regret.. your decision?”[Davron]

“Oh darling, back then mommy did regret her decision, but after I got you, my children, I became happier than before.. despite our difficult time currently”[Ellena]

Ellena smiled and hugged her son. Davron hugged her back. ‘It feels nice hearing it’. Listening to Ellena’s story let Davron forget about the turmoil in his heart.

“You can open your eyes”[Ellena]

My sisters opened their eyes and discovered bowls of soup in front of them. However, what was floating in the soup gave them a big surprise.

“WOAAW, it’s meat!”[Flora and Luna]

The sisters were shouting surprised. Even Luna was shouting, despite her shyness. Their eyes were bulging out of their face.

“Hahaha calm down girls”.[Ellena]

“Mom, where did you get the meat?”[Flora]

“Fufufu. Your brother hunted it. He told me he is a provider now hahaha talking big words to his mommy”[Ellena]

“Brother?”[Luna]

Luna looked at Davron with sparking eyes. For her, Davron was the center of her life. Not only was he always telling her stories and brightened her up, but he also gave her meat!

“Come hear my hero..”[Flora]

Flora jumped at her brother.

“Hehehehe”[Flora]

She started to kiss Davron all over his face, while laughing like a seagull.

“Oh god, you broke her”[Davron]

Ellena looked at her children with a smile on her cherry lops. Even Luna was holding back her laugh, looking at Flora.

“Flora, stop being a weirdo… Puhahah”[Luna]

“Big sister stop, you’re drooling all over me”[Davron]

“Kids come back to table”[Ellena]

“Sorry, I couldn’t control myself”[Flora]

‘She isn’t sorry, I know this cheeky girl!’

“Enjoy your meal!”[Ellena]

“You too!”[Luna, Flora and Davron]

“Mhmmmh”[Luna]

“Girls, don’t you have the best brother? Hahaha”[Davron]

“Pshht let me enjoy the taste of meat”[Flora]

It was such a good meal, Flora even double licked her bowl clean.

It was night. Ellena and Davron were lying on their bed.

“Mom, tomorrow I will be hunting again”[Davron]

“Hmm”[Ellena]

“Don’t worry, I will be careful”[Davron]

“Don’t take dumb risks, okay? Even if you don’t catch game, okay?”[Ellena]

“I promise”[Davron]

Ellena kissed his cheeck.

“Let’s go to sleep”[Ellena]

“Good night”[Davron]

“Night, my dear”[Ellena]

The were trying to fall asleep. While reviewing the day, thinking about the hunt and the chase, Davron started to get the desire to hug his mother.

He crossed the gap between them and hugger her from behind. He wanted to be closer.. to have more of her. Davron’s hands slowly wandered to Ellena’s bigs breasts. He touched them gently.

Ellena was awake but didn’t say anything. Her breathing got heavier, Davron’s desire grew. Davron started to play with her boobs, kneaded them like dough.

“Mhmm”[Ellena]

Ellena’s quiet moan was like gasoline to Davron’s fire. He moved his hands into her nightgown and went to play with her nipples. Ellena’s body shuddered. Davron groping his mother’s mountains.

She knew she had stop this. Although Ellena couldn’t understand what got into Davron, she still felt guilty for feeling good.

“..Good night, darling”[Ellena]

Her simple phrased marked Davron’s limits. He took his hands away from her heavenly mountains. However, Davron still kept hugging her.

“Good night, mom”[Davron]

 

Edited: Changed to third person.

75