C17 – Stealing from the Church
1.7k 6 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Davron was standing near the church, under the shadow of a tall tree.

He wanted to use the new soul point, he had gotten after killing the goblin yesterday. Although Davron didn’t pay too much attention to the newly obtained soul point yesterday, doesn’t mean he had forgotten about it, since there were just more important things on his mind.‘AIS open my stats’

[Yes]

~
<Name: Davron>
<Race: Half-Elf>
<Age: 10>

<STR: 12>
<AGL: 12>
<VIT: 12>
<STM: 12>
<INT: 25>
<DEF: 11>
<Abilities: Truth SeekingHelper System AIS>
<SP: 1>
~

‘I should use this point to help me and increase my and AIS efficiency, so the only valid choice intelligence’. Davron didn’t need to think long about his choice. He chose straight away.

~
<Name: Davron>
<Race: Half-Elf>
<Age: 10>

<STR: 12>
<AGL: 12>
<VIT: 12>
<STM: 12>
<INT: 26>
<DEF: 11>
<Abilities: Truth SeekingHelper System AIS>
<SP: 0>
~

Right after Davron increased his intelligence stat, his mind cleared up like never before. It was a feeling as if a thick fog had been lifted from his mind.

“Wow, it feels so strange”[Davron]

With his intelligence upgraded, Davron entered the church.

The village church was the most beautiful and clean building in the village. It housed 2 priests and a young priestess in training. She was selected after it had become obvious that the oldest priest was on the verge of dying. The church of the God of Pity Fernando dictates that there needs to be always at least 2 priests per church.

At the altar of the church stood a priest, it was one of the 2 main priests, beside the kneeling village merchant Hans.

Both, the priest and Hans turned their heads to look at the newly arrived Davron.

“Wait, I will soon be free, son. You can sit down on the bench in the meantime”[male priest]

Davron nodded without saying a word and sat down on the bench nearest to the priest and Hans.

The priest saw Davron behaving respectful and turned satisfied his back to look at the merchant.

“Relax. Let our God Ferndo show you his wonderful grace”[male priest]

The priest started chanting a spell.

“Oh my lord, the only lord of pity. Your servant […]”[male priest]

As the priest chanted his spell, sweat was flowing down his face like waterfalls.

Suddenly, a white magic circle appeared beneath Hans. A light came out of the magic circle. It washed over Hans and a smile appear on his lips.

While it all happened, Davron was giving his all on analyzing everything about the magic. From the runes, their composition and so on.

The magic circle disappeared after 10 seconds. After it disappeared, it left a smiling Hans and an exhausted priest behind.

Hans stood up. He took a small coin bag out of his pocket and gave it to the exhausted priest.

“Thank you, priest. This is a small donation to the church”[Hans]

Then Hans left the church with light steps, as if he was walking on a cloud.

“Son, what brought you to the church?”[exhausted priest]

“Priest, may I watch you do God Ferndo’s work? I would like to admire his lord’s grace more often..”[Davron]

“Oh, it’s normal to be amazed by our lord, so don’t be shy about your belief!”[priest]

“Yes, priest!”[Davron]

Davron’s only possible pretext was him being a young believer, who is fascinated by his god’s power. Without a valid excuse, he wouldn’t be let loitering in the church.

“But right now I’m pretty exhausted. You can come and watch whenever you want”[priest]

“Yes, priest”[Davron]

Davron entered his house.

Ellena and his sisters were welcoming in the living room. His sisters were playing a game together and Ellena was crafting a new quiver for Davron.

Ellena looked at Davron in anticipation. She remembered him talking about presents.

“Big brother, was there something interesting in the village center?”[Luna]

“I want to know too!”[Flora]

“Mhm, I met a wise merchant. The grandpa was very interesting. He had some cool fruits, which were a delicacy in our northern border”[Davron]

“Fufufu, could it be that you bought one for your poor mother?”[Ellena]

“No way, who would pay so much for a simple fruit?”[Davron]

Davron was of course joking, but Ellena still believed his prank. Her smiled vanished from her red lips, while her eyes turned into puppy eyes.

“Ahhh.. okaayyy”[Ellena]

Davron felt bad after seeing his mother puppy eyes.

“Of course I’m joking! I bought you the fruits”[Davron]

“Best little broter!”[Flora]

“For me too? I love you, big brother!”[Luna]

Ellena’s puppy eyes turning into two burning stars!

Davron took out the yellow fruits, he bought from the old merchant, and showed them to his family.

The girls were fascinated by the strange yellow fruits. As Davron handed them the fruits, Ellena hugged him joyfully. Her big breasts pressed against his chests.

‘Damn, I miss them’, Davron had a bad case of nostalgia.

It took Davron 3 months to “learn” the only 2 spells the priests used. The first spell was a healing spell and the second spell was a purifying spell, which the priests used to make holy water. Davron didn’t know their names nor their spell grade, but that didn’t matter to Davron, because he learned them only for a single reason: to cure his sister.

Davron tried the spells and noticed that something was missing. Some runes were not usable with his mana and he didn’t know why. Davron came up with a theory, he thought those unusable runes had likely something to do with gods and that he needed holy powers to get them to work

He proceeded to strip all the usefull runes from the spell and experimented with them.

A few months later, he came up with his own spell. The spell, combined AIS and Truth Seeking, could help him locate the black spots and erase them. He even tested it on a deer corpse.

However, there was a big problem, Davron was too weak.. or rather his mana wasn’t enough.

 

This arc is almost finished.

69