Chapter 1 – Monologuing is bad. Stop it, get some help.
957 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Earth, 2127~

(1st POV)

My name is Ryo Otsuki. I'm 27 years old. I'm 5'10 feet tall. My house is in the northeast section of XYZ, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I am the only superhuman with dual 2nd Rank  Research-Type abilities, namely Eidetic memory and Fast Learning. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM and-

'Wait I'm monologing again...'

Looking at the average brown hair and eyes in front of me with a mocking smile, I admired my average looks in the mirror. With my regards, I can say for sure that I would be forgotten as a Mob A if I walk in a crowded place.

My father adopted me when I was 10 years old because his love, his wife died during World War 3 and he cannot forget her memories and marry someone else. So he decided to adopt me from the orphanage built at that time. I truly admire him. Living such harsh life but continued to survive and even never made me feel left out. He was not rich but cannot be considered poor in that area where we lived. I still remember him telling his stories of his adventure before the war with my mother while he was free at night. His lost face truly hurt me but nothing can be done about it.

I wonder if I will ever be able to find someone who I can love from my very heart and she also loves me back the same. A perfect soulmate...

After that time was a very sad time for me as I awakened my powers when I was around 15 years old and after several tests, I turned out to be a dual mutation human and which was very rare at that time and especially when I was a Research-Type mutant with Eidetic memory as well as Fast Learning powers. The government took action and suppressed this news and offered us protection in exchange for me working for them.

With my abilities, I am able to remember everything to precision for at least 30 years according to its importance to me.

We agreed to the condition as it was not anything extreme and we were actually not much rich. I was sent to a special school where I was buried in studies and most of the time was scheduled to study but I cannot do anything against it as I was very weak. When I was around 18 years old, the sad news hit me that my father does not have much time left. I met him one last time and he told me that his only wish was that I can live my life in happiness.

Even in his last moments, he had not failed to care about me.

After my 'supposed' graduation, I spent most of my time either enjoying manga or watching animes for like2 years. My life is very bland. I can say that I'm a little numb and depressed. It's quite boring cause after WW3, the entertainment industry experienced a downfall and those animes and manga were stopped from being further published as the pays were very bad. The New Era Economy Collapse is what they called it. Due to that, almost all the publishing houses left the industry.

Japan suffered the most at that time. They were paid so low that even the toilet cleaners earns more than them. But during the revolution era, the entertainment industry was even worse! Earning a penny during that time was almost impossible.

Again, removing my thoughts, I sat in front of my TV and turned it on to remove my useless thoughts. I don't know why but it was getting too hard for me to concentrate on my daily life recently.

Turning the channel to the ZA WALDO NEWS, it gained my attention because of its way of telling the news.

"Welcome to ZA WALDO News! Today marks the 100th anniversary of the new era. Today we will do the super-fast recap of the previous all the major things that happened during these 100 years!"

Looking at the news, which attracted a bit of interest. I also have superpowers but I cannot use them in an Offensive way but is a Research type but I have not any problems or complaints about it…

The reporter continued, "In the year 2027, the astronauts discovered a special type of ores which emit sort of frequency after absorbing radiation that it mutates people after long exposure to the humans. At that time it was not discovered as the technology was not developed at that time."

"It was named 'Tesserenium' due to its exotic bluish-green color. It was solid and hard, had a high melting point, has lightweight, had durability, is eco-friendly and most importantly, it was also available in bulk. Even it was translucent when it was thinned and a 10 cm cube of Tesserenium can stretch up to form a 1 km long sheet. This metal was introduced as a regular commodity as it was very abundant on the moon. It had marked the beginning of a new era as it bought new economic opportunity for a lot of peoples."

"As soon as it hit the market, it instantly became popular due to its properties it was very cheap, lightweight, durability, etc. This also led to the revolution as plastic items were not easily sold and especially the plastic industry had a huge decline. Tesserenium was used to manufacture almost all types of materials as it can also be reformed to be translucent as well as opaque according to the method of manufacturing."

"Economic problem led to several other causes and soon things led to WW3 in 2040 which continued till 2055. XYZ Alliance came out victorious but as the war had led to the use of nuclear weapons, the world population decreased to 1 Billion people only. Most of the people lived in underground bunkers while others died during the process of transportation failure."

"This time of the new Era was a very dark period. Due to many diseases, consumption problems, and several other problems, the 1 Billion population had reduced to 750,000 people approximately. This time the new central government was set up due to the failure of the UN and small expenditure teams were sent on surfaces to collect important items and documents."

"This also led to the collection of Tesserenium which had now absorbed a lot of radiation. When it was introduced to the people, after checks, of course, it was soon discovered that a lot of people were getting new superpowers. This mutation has increased the reproduction speed and now children take only 3 months to be born and this applies to every living human right now."

"After 2060, these powers were divided into three categories: Offensive, Support, and Research. The offensive category had people who have all the aspects of the body increased except Intelligence. The support category had all those people who had the powers like thought acceleration and telekinesis, etc. On the other hand, Research type people had powers like Eidetic memories, photographic memories, and Fast Learning."

"These categories are further divided into 5 ranks. the lowest rank is 1st-Rank and the highest is 5th -Rank. Right now, the highest-ranked person in Asia is ABC frame EFG. He is a 4th-Rank powerhouse in Offensive categories. He can take tank blasts easily and it will only make him tickle. It is estimated that he can survive a nuclear missile blast and can come out safely with some serious injuries and it is estimated that he can level up a whole town with a single action of table flip!"

"Thank you for watching ZA WALDO News! We will continue after a short break"

As the news channel had a short break, I was thinking about how the government had introduced that every person had to go through the test of mutation. Now 69% present of people are mutants and most of us are given a lot of resources. My powers are Eidetic memory and Fast learning. As a rare case of double mutation with 2nd-Rank {A/N: It's a lot higher if you see}, I was gifted with free learning courses and jobs.

{A/N: Mc is a mutant and Research-Type for those who have not read in-depth. The present time is the year 2127.}

Almost all of my taxes are not needed to be paid and there are even people giving me free money as long as it is to gain my favor. Hmup! such a pitiful scene it was. One of them was even ready to lick my feel. It was a very disgusting sight.

Sometimes I wish that I didn't have an eidetic memory. This power comes in exchange for faster death as the useless memories are kept archived in my brain and around when I will be 80 years old, I will unquestionably be dead. While if I compare it to other normal people, who live up to 200 years, I will not be dead when they turn 100 years old.

Today is the day I will be informed when and which job I will get. It has been two years since I had free time and started to watch anime or read mangas. The Higher-ups gave me the free time for two years of my request.

I'm not much interested in the job as I have a lot of free offers and there are a lot of marriage proposals from some rich billionaire guys who want me to marry their daughters as my offspring will have higher chances of dual mutation. But I'm not a dumb person. Politics is a very dangerous subject especially when now when people have superpowers while I only have the strength of like a 1st Rank Offensive-Type Mutant.

I am better off living sheltered in the government's care as they have even introduced several laws that benefit us. I'm also not completely carefree about them as they also would have experimented on a lot of mutants but now that most of the population are mutants and there is no way to improve mutation except reproduction, even cloning failed to give the result. So they give dual mutants more advantages unless they want them to go under the rich guys and cause problems.

I'm bored of living as I have enjoyed almost all of the entertainment. As now the entertainment industry is recovering, they might start up well after a few years for sure as right now the economy is stabilizing fastly.

If this had happened before WW3, the world would take hundreds of years to completely stabilize while on the other hand, due to mutation, the economy had stabilized very easily, especially with mind control and stuff…

While I was thinking, my phone suddenly rang indicating the notice, surprising me. It was a high-tech phone, it was completely translucent and doesn't require charging. It can automatically charge itself after absorbing radiation in the air. It was made of translucent Tesserenium. After picking up the phone, I read the message and almost had a deadpan face. I was thinking that the higher-ups have finally lost it. Like seriously just his task will make people think that the higher-ups have gone drunk while sending this message...

=====

[2022 words]

Man! I do have to say that adjusting to a new environment and education system is sooooo hard! My mind is so tense with so much stuff. Sorry for the late release. I've been too busy recently. I have so many classes. And when I have time, I feel so tired mentally that I can't even write properly!

I literally edited and changed this whole chapter 3 times! And then I was like- Let the first chapter be shit! Im going to use the starting chapter from my original Code: Infinity. lol. haha.

NOTE: I will very rarely release chapters due to a lot of workloads.

Btw, guys, do try out [Dawn of A New Day] Novel by King_kp29. The first 58 chapters are free! It's quite interesting :)

17