Chapter 12 – Observation
373 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys, SR here. Sorry for taking such a long break without telling you all. A lot has been going on in my life. Coming to college makes me have a deadline at 11: 59 pm for assignments, a time around which I usually used to write chapters. So after the deadlines, I have so much of a tired mind to even write. And I was losing my motivation to write. But lo and behold, taking inspiration from Batman(which I actually did lol) I have made my will as strong as I could to write this chapter.

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/jPkT22WUxe

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

But as soon as the lady entered the room, Ryo noticed that her eyes were red and she was carrying a book of some sort.

This made him feel a bit sad.

He knew that it was time for her to be leaving. He knew, that at some point in time, Stella, his caretaker will be leaving him, just as it was mentioned in the anime.

Still. The memories that he made during the 5 years were strong enough for his closed heart to feel a bit shaken. Although he has no feeling for Stella and if given conditions, he would kill her without remorse. But being in a situation where he can't control anything related to himself, he started to feel a bit dark inside.

'Why... Again... I really want to become the strongest. I can't just let myself be in control of others...'

But shaking his head internally, and clearing up his head, he picked up his usual

---

As soon as Stella entered the room, she walked slowly to both Zero Two and Ryo and placed the breakfast in front of them, and looked at both of them caringly with her teary eyes as they came for the usual breakfast. Unlike the usual liquid-ish breakfast they were now given multi-grain bread loaves for breakfasts.

Just like usual, she saw how eagerly the children ate the non-so-tasty food eagerly as her heart ached.

Due to the new plans, Dr. Franxx has started to speed up the process of Code 002 & 003's experimentations and has even planned for their education. For that, special new caretakers will be taking care of the children as she will be positioned to take care of new more 'human' children.

Taking her mind off, she then looked at 02's & 03's vibrant white hair as her mind became firm. She steadily held out her hand and started to rub both 02's & 03's hairs as they both ate their fill.

Knowing full well that Stella was carrying no harmful intentions, 02 downright ignored her, same went for 03, but he was thinking about something else, UP.

You see, since he was now alongside 02, he will be indirectly changing the book he... or probably they will be receiving from Stella. Which will in turn give him UP, but he doesn't know how much it will be given on time when he will actually 'receive' the book itself that Stella will be carrying.

During his time of 2 years growing over here, he started to notice various different things that he previously failed to notice because of his hyper-activeness toward the much 'bigger' threats out there that he will be facing and how he will be fighting them.

But with gradual time, he started to meditate while he was in his sleep-time at noon, bringing his mind to a state of calmness. This calmness had also bough down or even completely removed a lot of instinctual habits like his urges to bite humans in pieces, his urge to play with 02 like an animal, and many more.

He noticed that his body was growing stronger, endurable, and faster at a visible pace. It was as if his body was evolving to counter the effect of 'experiments' done on them. All the while, his body which could lose his memories easily, was now actually increasing in memory capacity, making it harder for him to forget stuff easier, making his consumption reduce one Mass Memory Liquor shot to be reduced to one shot every six months to let me keep my memories intact perfectly during the span of two years.

Although the changes are not as outrageous as Doomsday of DC in terms of physical capabilities, he is evolving at much much more faster rate than it should be possible. Even if he won't do anything like exercise and does not bring any tension to his body, his body will naturally get as strong as 20 times that of a normal human being, which made him a bit expand the limited imagination of his mind that this is not a normal world and he is not in the similar universe he used to be.

But then again, comes his next observation, from his observation, he astonishingly found out that the human of this world is also not normal human. Probably because of the evolution that Franxx had made them go through, their body also has their stats boosted, ranging from a few times to astonishing 10 times according to him.

This does not mean that they are an army of Captain America-s. Their body has increased in stats but their remaining reflexes are as slow as they used to be, meaning that the person is just a normal human nervous-system-ly but has a super stats body.

But still, Ryo didn't understand why Franxx didn't continue to strengthen other humans' biologically or find other methods to help humans strengthen their biology. In his world, normal humans were easily able to become a 1st-Rank offensive mutant if they have enough money to actually build themself a cyborg hybrid body for themselves and it cost a fortune, even for the likes of 1st and 2nd-Rank Mutants.

Then came his assumption of World Wills. Then it came to his mind that there can be Plot Armor and the tendency of a world to keep the destiny of main characters in the same way.

This made him remember that there can be instances where he will be downright killed if he is not careful enough. The reason for his getting UP will be the residual energy that the system gets when he changes the Destiny of the main characters of the world that he will be residing.

Going back to the main topic, Ryo thought, 'So in the end we have very less advantage even if we decide to rebel, which is actually stupid. Well, I already have figured out a way out of this situation. Let's just resolve this situation right now and gather as many UP as I can right now. Our food is almost over after all.'

"Zero Two, Zero Three."

Softly speaking, Stella called out to both Ryo and 02, gaining their attention. Although she knew that they won't understand her, which she assumed, she softly continued, "This might be the last time I might be with you.", and caressed their head again as she continued, "I know that you are not able to understand me, but know that I have loved you as if you were my children."

She then retracted her hand and brought a book forward, toward them, and placed them on the ground.

"This will be my last gift to you. A storybook. A book of love, telling how two love birds fight for their love and against all the odds and enemies that they face and come victorious in the very end proving their love and bond."

She continued as she opened the book, showing colorful pictures, telling a story of two birds falling in love in a fantasy world. These two birds were actually caged when they met. They were the pets of a magician who was one of the strongest magicians out in the world. As they fell in love and longed for a free life, they pled to the magician, who after some thought, agreed to free them if they were able to pass the situations that they will face in the magician's illusion and still be in love, he will free them.

The birds agreed to the magician, and as agreed, the magician made them go through three situations that tested their bonds and love. The birds went through a lot of ups and downs but in the end, they both passed with flying colors. This made the magician look at their bond in awe. He congratulated them and set them free.

But that was not the end, in the end, he even transformed the two love birds into humans so they won't be captured again. This concluded the happy ending as the human-turned-birds happily lived ever after.

Although Ryo found the story a bit cringy, he was still interested in it.

*Ding*

[Congratulations! For bringing a significant change in the course of history, you gained 5,000 UP!]

[UP: 320-->5,320]

The sweet sweet sound of the system ringing made him realize how much UP he gained, making Ryo think, 'So many UP! Well, it can be understood that this book was actually an important artifact of the bond between both 02 and Hiro of this world so it is not that hard to understand. Well, let me check my stats once. Been a long while since I last saw them...'

[ Infinity System

Name: 003 (Ryo Otsuki)

Age: 5 year

Gender: Male

-

Titles: ---

Bloodlines: Fake Klaxosaur

Core (?): Infinity (Not Awakened): Turn all stats to Infinity for a certain amount of time, directly related to stats. The host will also be able to manipulate the concept of Infinity, Nothingness, and Void once the host reaches a certain power level.

-

Perks:-

[1. Chunnibyo Effect: The host sees everything in an animated style. Triple the talent to learn supernatural stuff. This perk will decrease the ability to perceive distances for the Host.]

[2. Brave: Will stay brave and calm in dangerous situations. Increase stats by 15% when in fights or deadly situations. But decrease stats by 15% when not in fight or deadly situations. This perk will take 3 sec to take effect every time.]

[3. Cockroach: Have a 75% chance of getting no damage in one-shot killing attacks. No Drawback.]

-

HP: 100%

MP: ---

-

Body: F

Mind: F (Cursed by Chaos & Order)

Astral Body (Currently Unusable): F -

~Overall Ranking~: F

-

Unique Points: 5,300

[Show Skills]  [Show Inventory] ]

Nothing much had changed during the time of his stay in this world. But with this lot of UP in hand, Ryo suddenly got an idea.

'System, since I can use UP to buy anything, how about you show me an ability that I can buy called Eidetic Memories. Also, show me the cheapest one that I can buy.'

[Loading... Search Results found... removing unnecessary ones... Calculating UPs of Host]

[Ability 'Eidetic Memory' found but the host cannot buy it. Current price: 7,500.]

'Well, looks like I will be saving UPs... Anyway, let's look back and not gain attention from others.'

Coming out of his internal work, he watched as Stella left slowly, as Zero Two was still deep into the color-filled book.

Just before she left, Stella looked back into the room one last time to get one final good at the two lovely children and was a bit astonished to see Ryo looking at her. But in the end, she shed a tear and waved her hands, and left the room.

*Shew*

The room closed into the heavy silence, making Ryo a bit upset, but still determined.

---

Stella walked out of the Special Nursery Room she wiped her eyes as she walked to her next destination, and after walking through a few more doors, she finally reached a Discussion Hall. The Discussion hall was 40 meters wide apart in both length and width. On one side of the room were a few Doctors and Nurses waiting for her. All of them were much higher in rank than her.

Each of these doctors and nurses was wearing the unique long white face mask which covered their whole head, revealing only the mouth part. They adored more stylish lab clothes over their body, clearly showing their status...

As Stella entered the Discussion hall, nodding in her direction, one of the Doctors, politely instructed her to take a seat, "Hello, Code N-B-14-A345.. Please have a seat. We will be talking about where you will be transferring for further assistance. We are grateful for your contribution."

Stella smiled politely and taking a seat, she said, "It was my pleasure, Doctor S-D-8-A182. Having to take care of Code 002 and 003 was very enjoyable. I wished that I could have kept that job."

Shaking his head, the Doctor replied, "That is... not possible at all. Doctor Franxx wants the experiments to fasten up now. We have given enough time for the experiments to grow up to the required age."

"Anyway, I will be providing you with the information for your next job. Your next job will be taking care of the new born parasites that are currently newborns. For this job, you will be taking care of certain individuals. The Codes you are assigned to are from Code 666 to 686."

Saying this, the nurse standing by Stella provided her with a file with pictures and information about parasites that she will be taking care of. Stella didn't understand why, but the picture of the first and foremost child with light brown hair and purple eyes attracted her attention. Her maternal feelings took control of her feeling for a bit as she caressed the picture a little.

But soon enough she came out of the trace and with a small bow, she thanked the doctor, "Thank you Doctor for providing me this opportunity."

"Don't thank me for this opportunity. It is what you wished for, and it was personally permitted by Doctor Franxx himself."

The doctor replied something that actually astonished Stella. But in the end, she thankfully agreed. Which unknowingly provided Ryo with another 500 UP.

=====

[2450]

As you might have noticed, there is a bit of personality change and some extra stuff. As I returned back to writing, I have to reset the mindset I had while I was writing long before, which might lead to some personality changes. I am extremely sorry for these changes. Please ignore them for a few chapters, after that, it will become smoother and non-bothering.

Thank you.

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/jPkT22WUxe

-SR_2027.

17