Chapter 50 – Imperial Forces and Recruit
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Woohoooo! We have reached the 50th chapter and the total word count is 120,000 for the totality of this Fanfic!!

Note: Join Discord to influence how the story develops! There will be polls whenever there is a major event happening in the Fanfic!

Comment down how the chapter was! It gives me motivation. Also, don't forget to give this Fanfic a good REVIEW!! I am hungry for 'em!

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, and give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

'Hehe~ It was all worth it~ I was amazed on learning that the mayor was actually a family member of the Viscount and to not get killed in the competition for becoming the heir, he decided to leave and become the mayor of the Campbell town. Although I do have to say that even in this corrupted world, family members do care about each other, which is quite opposite to what I had thought.'

'Anyway, I now have the pathway for my plan. It could have been a bit too interesting if everyone was a bit too smarter and cautious. My mind suggestion might have become useless for people who have strong willpower and mind and I would have had to work out another plan which would have been more entertaining. Hehe~'

The person then retracted his mind manipulative waves that he had been sending to manipulate the Viscount to make him a bit braindead and not suspect the report.

-----

"Attention! All soldiers we have a new addition to our rank!"

A loud voice rang through the training area of the Imperial Police headquarters as a tall muscular man with black hair and four ponytails-like braids on the back of his head wrapped in white cloth shouted. The person had a large star-shaped scar over his missing left eye, while his remaining eye was red with a black sclera and a pair of sharp teeth.

As the soldiers gathered in proper arrangements, they looked over their captain and noticed a person standing by their captain, making them interested but no one broke the formation as it will be like asking for punishment.

As soon as Ogre completed saying that, all the soldiers, which consisted of tens of hundreds of policemen straightened. After all, they didn't want to get in trouble for ignoring the orders of the Captain who was titled as 'Ogre'.

Scanning the garrison, Ogre noted everything in place, so he continued, "Recently will the increase in corruption and criminal activities, the higher-ups have sent a person to monitor and command over one of the platoons. He will be acting as the vice-captain over the police force and will be immediate control after me. Now, if I may, I would like to introduce you to your vice-captain..."

Ogre glanced over at Ryo who was wearing the hood over his body, prompting him to nod at the Ogre as he pulled his hood down. But as he lowered his hood, the whole ground held their breath when they noticed how he looked.

'Doesn't he look like...!?'

Hazy green eyes and hair. Just looking at Ryo, their thought went haywire as suspicion started to rise in their mind as he looked at someone on the top.

As if understanding the doubts and minds of his subjects, Ogre folded his arms and said, "This is our new vice-captain. He has discarded his name and now goes with the Omega. He is from Campbell town which was destroyed by a sudden horde attack from the Danger Beasts a few weeks back. In order to compensate Ryan for his loyalty and the difficulty he faced, Viscount Cloude had appointed Omega in our rank!"

"I hope you do not disappoint your new vice-captain.", Ogre chuckled as he pats Ryo on his back with a bit of strength to measure his strength. But as he pat Ryo's back, he noticed no reaction from him, making Ogre smile more.

'Interesting. He is stronger than the average soldier. Now I can understand why Viscount gave Omega a bit of weight in our rank. I would have declined the offer if not for the bribes and the story but it's still interesting. If I didn't knew Omega's background, I would have instead believed that the higher up have given up on me for some reason and wanted to replace me.'

While Ogre smile as he patted Ryo on his back, Ryo cleared his throat and loudly said, "Hello my fellow soldier! I go by the name of Omega. I like honesty the best and hate lying people. I hope we go along well."

As he was introducing himself, he noted that although many people looked at him with contempt, some looked at him without neutrality, especially an Orange haired girl who he took note of while Ryo ignored the others.

-

Soon Ryo's introduction was completed as the soldiers left for their posts while Ogre guided Ryo through the headquarters and helped him learn and understand everything that he will be doing as a vice-captain.

Ryo looked over the whole mansion-like structure which was the Imperial Police Headquarters, memorizing all the structures for future use. He did so in case of Night Raid attacked the headquarters for some reason like trying to kill him. After all, he is messing with destiny and the world will not tolerate it.

Noting that this was a 'Higher Level' world, Ryo had taken several factors into consideration for any case or situation, which had made him confident enough to work without hesitation. The only problem that he had was a major change the world might be bringing.

Unlike the 'Darling in the Franxx' world which was on the easy mode, Akame Ga Kill is like a Medium to High-level difficulty world, which in his theory means that the 'World Will' would also be stronger and there might be a case in which the world will take drastic change just to stop him.

Taking that into consideration, Ryo had a plan already formulated 2 plans for the 'Default Plot' and over 15 plans for 'What-If' scenarios. There were more plans but they had very low chances of happening so he had put them in the back of his mind.

This means that as long as there is no major change like an OP character suddenly thrown into this world, no OP System user and no OP reincarnated person suddenly hopping into the world, he is confident enough to go through all the possible trouble in his way and make it out to the end of all his plans.

"So, this will conclude the guide. I really wanted to try you out for a fight right now, but since you have gone through a lot in the few days, let's make a duel appointment between us in the future. Haha", Ogre laughed as he completed showing everything Ryo should need to know for his job.

Then he rubbed his chin and continued, "Anyway, as you are appointed as the Vice-Captain, I will be providing you with a small team of 50 people who will work under you.", he walked toward his office as Ryo followed him.

Inside his office, Ogre pulled his desk drawer and slipped a thick book into Ryo's hand, and said, "These are the names of the top 100 soldiers with great potential that have recently joined the Imperial Police force. You can go through the list within an hour and tell me the names of the people that you want to work under you."

Nodding his head, Ryo replied, "Thank you. I will do so." He started to read through the book quickly, learning the names and backgrounds of the best candidates suitable as his subordinates. After all, he didn't want any arrogant character in his team who would not follow any order and will cause trouble for him.

Furthermore, he couldn't select all the candidates which he can easily mold for his work as it would raise suspicion for Ogre as it would become his 'small' personal army. Thus he would have to select only those who are a bit loyal and obedient toward the 'Vice-Captain' and not the 'Omega'.

Looking through the whole list, he took out the photos of the 49 best candidates for his team and slid them toward Ogre, and said, "Well, Captain, these are the candidate that I have in my mind for my team. But there is a small request of mine which if you could help me with...", Ryo smiled wryly, showing his 'hesitation'.

As if understanding the situation, and looking at the 'one' missing person on the list, Ogre huffed and replied, "Hmm. In any case, is your request related to the missing candidate for your team? If so, do not worry and tell me which person you want on your team."

"Well... I was hoping for getting a person that I saw during my introduction. She was standing in the frontal column. The girl had dark orange hair and eyes on my team. When I was introducing myself, I noticed her. It was as if she was unique out of the group and saw potential in her."

"Hmm!? By any means... Is the girl wearing a green hair band and was in a steel chest plate and black uniform?"

"Ah! Yes, I think that's the person. But if you don't mind me asking... How were you able to understand who I was talking about?"

"Haha. How can I not know her? She is my student. Her name is Seryu Ubiquitous and she indeed has a lot of potential. As for her to be the candidate... Hmm... I will think about it and will let you know in a few days."

"Thank you, Captain!"

"No problem. Now, now, I would like to let you get used to this work. Do talk to me if you face any trouble."

Ryo nodded 'eagerly', and replied, "Yes, I will, Captain!", and with that he left the Ogre's office and walked toward his own office to his work, leaving Ogre thinking.

'Hmm. Omega... The candidates he chose were good. They will be loyal and won't betray him unless there is a major emergency and will follow his order in most cases... There are no nobles in his team which might cause some dissatisfaction but it is not a major problem... Hmm... Should I send Seryu Ubiquitous to his team? She will be helpful in collecting the intel of the team...'

On the other hand, Ryo got to his work. The situation is a bit off. It was as if the series of actions of his will be happening over a very fast course of pace. From what he understood, Seryu Ubiquitous is yet to acquire her Hekatonkheires Teigu. Her father is still dead and she had just recently started to train under the 'Ogre'.

This should not be the case as in Light Novel, the events took around 1 to 5 years if he is correct, which means that currently, he is in the 'Anime' version of the story which happened in like a time slot of a few months if he is correct.

This means that there was now only one easiest path of his plan which he will be following if it stays in the 'Default' mode if it is not any AU or something.

With that in mind, he sat on his chair and looked at the pictures and information of the people who will be working in his team. Most of them come from normal households while some are from lower-level noble houses like Barons.

This means that he will just have to show his strength and abilities to them to make them admire him and little bit loyal to him. With that, he smiled and went to some folders which contained important rules like which noble houses are bribing them and which have not yet paid their bribe yet and stuff.

'I will now focus most of my task on locating all the Teigu-s and maintaining my reputation to medium. Right now Esdeath is still in the Imperial Capital and maintaining the internal strifes and killing the rebels with the recent increase in corruption.'

'Esdeath... What should I do with you...? You have great skills and killing you will be a waste while keeping you alive needs me to be always stronger than you, which might not be possible with how things will go... I am not a perfect 'System' user. I can use UPs but that's all. I have plans for the UPs, and for that, I will have to save the UPs...'

'What to do... How should I change as well as not change my plan of mine to perfectly get the most gains...? Wait... I can do that... Hehehe...'

=====

[2300]

Howdy!? What should we do with Esdeath!? I do not want her to die as it will be a waste of talents like Dr. Franxx who will play a small role in the future of this arc. Esdeath has OP power but with her mindset, it will be hard for MC to make her work for him. Furthermore, no I will not make him OP in any case. This is strictly Weak-to-Strong fanfic throughout the core.

How was today's chapter? Don't forget to leave me a good review, it motivates me a lot.

It seems like you have power stones in your possession. Give it to me. I will be requiring them to reduce half of the universe to dust.

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, and give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

2