Chapter 51 – Hideout
129 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note: Join Discord to influence how the story develops! There will be polls whenever there is a major event happening in the Fanfic!

Comment down how the chapter was! It gives me motivation. Also, don't forget to give this Fanfic a good REVIEW!! I am hungry for 'em!

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, and give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

'I will now focus most of my task on locating all the Teigu-s and maintaining my reputation to medium. Right now Esdeath is still in the Imperial Capital and maintaining the internal strifes and killing the rebels with the recent increase in corruption.'

'Esdeath... What should I do with you...? You have great skills and killing you will be a waste while keeping you alive needs me to be always stronger than you, which might not be possible with how things will go... I am not a perfect 'System' user. I can use UPs but that's all. I have plans for the UPs, and for that, I will have to save the UPs...'

'What to do... How should I change as well as not change my plan of mine to perfectly get the most gains...? Wait... I can do that... Hehehe...'

-

(3 months later)

"Hmm~ Hm~ Hmm~"

Ryo hummed as he narrowed his eyes as looked at chess pieces laid on the board which was visible on the small holographic screen in front of him. If one looks carefully, there was a small purple cube floating above the screen, one of his inversions which he made in his free time.

'Looks like today is my lucky day~ I will be able to beat the AI at the hard mode~', thinking so, he continued to hum as everything was going on pretty well, he had been up against the bot which was set on the Hard level. Although one might say it was only 'Hard' mode and there should be many other higher levels, which is true.

The only problem is that the AI that Ryo was against was calculated up to 100,000 possible moves per second of the board, making the 'Hard' level on the level of the 'Impossible' level of the previous era.

*Crack*

As soon as the AI made the next move, Ryo stopped his humming as he looked at the screen with twitching lips... This AI was able to come out of his trap so... easily... and even got out of all the possible traps... This made him clench his fist which cause his hand to make cracking sounds.

*Hoop*

Instantly taking a deep breath, Ryo calmed himself down. He was now letting his emotion go wild for recently; one of the training he was going through in case his emotion control ability fails while fighting someone 'magical' who has the ability to seal any of his skills or ability.

Suddenly his ears twitched as he heard some sound of footsteps rushing toward his office. Instantly he looked at the cube and commanded it with his mind, making it close the holograph and float up to him as he stood up from his seat.

During his free time, he started to invent various objects which can come in handy for him, and the 'Cube' was one of the inversions that he made. With the knowledge of the Klaxo-Sapien database and biological manipulation, he made this multipurpose cube which was twice the size of an adult's palm working on the Klaxosapien Core as fuel.

In this way, he can control the cube with his mind for any things he wants it to perform, all with the thought from his mind, just like his system.

*Knock*

"Come in."

"Boss! We have a piece of great news! We have found another piece of the thing that you have been searching for!"

A brown hair person came running into the office with excitement clearly visible on his face. Knowing full well what the news was about, Ryo smiled happily as he walked up to the person and patted his shoulder, "Well done, Rurik! Good work! Let's go to the place where 'they' are currently kept."

Rurik, full name Dasuki Rurik. He was actually a son of a small Baron house. When Ryo first found him, he selected him as his assistant as he harbored no negative feelings toward him and was serious in his work. At first, Ryo observed him but after reading him for a small amount of time, he decided to make him the assistant because of his insane political standing awareness.

From what he observed, Ryo instantly realized that Rurik had only one goal, that is to get at much power as possible in his prime and then hold onto his position as much as he can. He furthermore showed good ability in analyzing, although not on the level where Ryo feels even slightly amazed.

"Of course, Sir Omega!"

Saying that Rurik nodded as he started to follow Ryo to the place where 'it' was kept for now. It was, after all, one of the main things that Ryo had been keeping his eyes on the whole time. The ultimate prize of the world. The things which exceed money and power, and can turn the tides of war.

"W-Wait!"

As soon as they left the huge headquarters, a voice called out to them. Listening to the voice, Ryo narrowed his eyes and turned toward the incoming girl which came running toward them and smiled as he asked, "Seryu Ubiquitous. Fancy seeing you here. I thought you were in the dojo with your master. Is there anything you need my help with?"

"Y-Yeah! *Huff* *Huff* I was just released from my training, much sooner than normal as the master had some work to take care of. And as I was returning to my post after a short break, as you have once told me that time stops for no one and I need to utilize this time to punish as many criminals as possible, I was just about to go on my patrol but saw Vice-captain walking out."

A small creepy smile can be seen creating up her face, making even Rurik standing behind Ryo twitch a bit. On the other hand, taking a short break, Seryu calmed her body down and continued, "I was just curious regarding where the Vice-captain was going. Normally you don't leave your office and rarely go on patrols, so I wanted to know if you need me to guide you anywhere."

As she said that, Seryu smiled again, but not the creepy one, but the evil one, one which was full of pure intentions, making Ryo act as if he was in deep thoughts. "Hmm... Although I was about to go do some important top secret mission, and I was not allowed to tell someone who I don't trust completely..."

Listening to Ryo, Seryu understood the implication and lowed her head, "I-I see. I-" Her face turned a bit dry in a bit of sadness, and just as she was about to apologize, she felt someone pat her head, making her eyes widen in surprise.

"Huh?"

Ryo looked at the small orange hair girl in front of him as he pats her head and continued, "But as I trust you. I wanted to take you along with me but as you with me, but as you were in your training session and were busy, I didn't want to disturb your quest of getting training."

Listening to Ryo, Seryu's face brightened up as she asked, "Thank you for trusting me, Sir Omega!" With that, Seryu started to accompany Ryo and Rurik who were sweating a bit as he was confused by the sudden move of his superior.

Unlike how it looks, Ryo had shown a bit of favor to Seryu on the outside and had even let her go on some minor inconvenience that she causes by killing every single criminal on sight, making their relationship grow to a very friendly level where even if Ryo's identity is revealed at that point of time, Seryu will doubt the information given to her and will hesitate to take any action toward him; but Rurik was able to understand the social standing.

He was able to 'see' that his superior had plans for her. It was as if he was trying to pry into something he shouldn't get his hand into, but knowing full well about his own social standing, he felt more confident as, as long as he continue to prove his worth to his superior, he will be able to live a successful life without doing any hard work.

Quickly mounted their houses, they quickly rode off, leaving behind the main headquarters of the Imperial Police Force and leaving toward the hidden headquarters.

As they left the Imperial City, Seryu suddenly started to feel something off, a feeling of unease that crept up her spine. The forest was too silent. It was as if time stopped for everything around her. It was as if the atmosphere was ready to suffocate everyone, making her heartbeat increase for a second.

Shaking her head and dismissing it, she looked to her superior and asked, "Sir Omega, where are we going to? I forgot to ask for the destination." The unease suddenly started to grow as soon as she asked it.

Looking back at Seryu with an expressionless face, Ryo asked, "Seryu Ubiquitous. Do you desire power?"

Taken aback by Ryo's sudden question, Seryu stuttered, "I-I don't understand, Sir Omega. What do you mean by power?"

Narrowing his eyes, Ryo continued to stare at her with an expressionless face making her growing feeling of unease creep up making her feel her mind going blank, after a short pause for a moment Ryo contained, "Power, Seryu Ubiquitous, power. Power is what makes the world go round, Seryu. The ability to influence and shape the world according to your will. The power to punish the criminals, the sinner, the corrupted. The power to get your revenge on Night Raid for killing your father."

"I-I-I don't know...!"

Goosebumps started to rise on her body as Seryu started to go down the spiral of confusion as she stared emptily at Ryo. Her mind started to fog up as the tension started to rise up as she felt as if her superior was looking directly into her soul. 'W-What is going on? I am not this weak!'

Looking at the orange hair girl getting into a state of confusion, Rurik, on the other hand, understood all too well. He understood that today was the day when she either will be roped into their small 'Organisation' or get killed.

Their horses soon started to slow down, until it was at the stop.

Ryo dismounted his horse and walked towards Seryu, who was still in a state of confusion. Rurik followed closely behind, his hand on his sword hilt, ready for any sudden movements.

"Seryu," Ryo said calmly, his voice low and hypnotic. "Seryu, I learned about the incident regarding your father. He was a very good person. He used to be strong, honest, and loyal to everyone. He had a lot of potential but he got in sight of the Night Raid. You have the same great potential like your father to become one of the most powerful individuals in this world and do what you always dreamed of." Each of his words pierced deep into her heart as she listened to Ryo.

"Think about how many innocents you will be able to save. Think about the Night Raid. Do you not feel anger looking at the corrupted world? But this can change! I can give you the power! The power to change the world to your wishes! But that power comes with a price. Are you willing to pay that price?"

Seryu looked at him, her mind still clouded with confusion. But something in Ryo's words struck a chord in her. She had always wanted to make a difference in the world, to protect the innocent and punish the guilty. And if gaining power was the only way to do that, then she was willing to pay the price.

"S-Sir Omega, do you really have such an ability... The ability to help me gain the power to punish the corrupted sinners? The power to k-kill the members of the Night Raid who had been causing the injustice," she said, her voice shaking slightly.

"I do. Seryu. I have that power.", Goosebumps started to rise on her body as Seryu continued to look at Ryo who had now reached just less than a fourth of a meter. The words hypnotized her and hit her weak point of hers. "Seryu, you just have to grab my hand. After you do that, I will let you get the power that you have been wishing for."

"I-I", Seryu started to feel suffocated as she was gasping for air as she clenched her heart and said the words out loud. Just as she was about to continue, Ryo placed his finger over her lips, making her stunned and flushed.

"No need to hurry, Seryu Ubiquitous. I will let you understand the extent of the power I have but before I can tell you something, I want something from you. I want you to keep everything I say to you to yourself. The things I am about to show you are top secret from the higher above. Remember to keep it a secret even from your Master as the current project was initiated by the Prime Minister himself."

Seryu nodded to Ryo absent-mindedly, making a small smile form over Ryo's lips. "Good. Welcome to the Order of Round Table, Seryu. We hide in shadows and hunt in shadows. From this day forward, you will receive the power of Order to get stronger and give justice to the sinners. And in return, we want your loyalty to the Imperial Order."

=====

[2490]

Howdy!? What should we do with Esdeath!? I do not want her to die as it will be a waste of talents like Dr. Franxx who will play a small role in the future of this arc. Esdeath has OP power but with her mindset, it will be hard for MC to do her work for him. Furthermore, no I will not make him OP in any case. This is strictly Weak-to-Strong fanfic throughout the core.

How was today's chapter? Don't forget to leave me a good review, it motivates me a lot.

It seems like you have power stones in your possession. Give it to me. I will be requiring them to reduce half of the universe to dust.

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, and give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

4