Chapter 1: Transported into Another World?!
128 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can’t believe it actually happened. Something that only occurred in novels actually happened to me — to be hit by a passing horse and killed, only to find myself stranded in another world!

 

~Start of Flashback~

 

The year was 134, it was a regular day for me. I was about to go to the market to sell my wares as usual. 

 

Hmm… The prices of “H1 Potions” are dropping lately… Must be due to the new production method published recently by that stupid alchemist. Wait till he faces the collective wrath of all potion merchants! 

 

 

But for now, maybe it’s best if I get rid of some stock before the price continues to drop…

 

NEIGH!

 

“Hey, watch out!”

 

“Eh?”

 

My life flashed before my eyes as I saw a 300kg horse barely a few meters away from me, rushing at full speed. The rider didn’t see me until it was too late and didn’t have time to stop the horse. Being engrossed in my thoughts, I failed to notice the horse as well.

 

Is this how I die? 

 

I closed my eyes and braced for the impact, unable to do anythi-

 

When I regained consciousness, I found myself alone in the middle of a grass field. It was slightly cold, and there was a forest visible nearby. There was no sign of people, or any other lifeforms in the vicinity.

 

~End of Flashback~

 

Ok, maybe the part about this being in another world may have been an assumption. Though stories about being reincarnated in another world have been quite popular lately. 

 

I’ll take a step back and reconsider this situation: I was about to be killed (or already killed) and now I’m in an unfamiliar landscape. This means either I: 

a) teleported

b) was killed and transported into another world

c) was killed and this is the afterlife.

 

I flexed my fingers, and then pinched my cheeks. Yep, it hurts. Looks like this isn’t a dream or the afterlife. Option c) is out.

 

Looking at the other two scenarios, option a) is more likely to be true. However, it seems that the mana flow here is very different from places I’ve been to. Whenever one uses magic, he uses the mana in his body and regenerates the mana using the surrounding atmospheric mana. But the mana here seems… stagnant. As if it’s never been used before. Or at least used very rarely. This means either no one has been here, or option b) is true.

 

Well either way, I have to find my way back. 

 

Now let’s see what fresh mana feels like.

 

“Status!”

 

With the command, I display my “status board”, a simple spell which displays one’s level, stats, skills etc. Normally, one can only see his own status, unless permitted by others. You can also view others’ status by using a high-level version of the “Appraisal” skill though. 

 

Class: Shadow Necromancer Lvl: 24
HP: 460/460 MP: 800/800
Skills:
Soul Capture Lv. 8
Shadow Summon Lv. 6
Item Storage Lv. MAX
Soul Storage Lv. 7
Translate Lv.8

 

My class is Shadow Necromancer, which means I am able to summon a “shadow” version of a deceased creature. In the past, I would hire adventurers to hunt down monsters for me, just so that I can add them to my collection. Also, creatures with proper consciousness (humans, elves, etc.) tend to have strong magic resistance even after their death, which is why I don’t have many of them. 

 

Summoning shadow creatures also consumes mana, depending on the strength of the creature, which is a reason why this class isn’t too popular despite its benefits. Normally, summoning 3 B-rank monsters is the max I can go with my mana, before I have to wait for my mana to regenerate. 

 

Anyways I have to scout the area first, so…

 

“Summon Death Hawk!”

 

Death Hawk is a B-rank monster. It has a total wingspan of 10m, and has razor-sharp talons. It was quite a hassle to kill, and I was very happy when I was able to secure it in my collection. For now, it would be best to use it now for recon, since it can easily fend off potential hostiles.

 

Mana: 800/800 → 550/800

 

CAW!

 

With a loud caw, the Death Hawk spreads out its wings and takes flight. It starts to fly away, surveying the area.

 

As expected, summoning Death Hawk takes up a chunk of my mana… Eh?

 

Mana: 550/800 → 560/800

 

In an instant, my mana grew by 10 points. 

 

My normal mana regeneration rate shouldn’t be this fast though? Unless it’s the surrounding atmospheric mana…?

 

Since there’s no one here using the atmospheric mana, there’s a good chance that I can use it to regenerate my mana faster.

 

Hehe… This means more summoning for me! It looks like my life here is off to a good start…

 

“站住!你是谁?从哪里来的?”

 

Hmm? There’s people?

 

This will mark the first chapter of the first story I wrote! Any feedback/comments will be very much appreciated. Thanks for reading!

2