Side Story #1 – The Apostle of Vengeance (2)
1.3k 0 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Prisma, I'm a [Red Slime]! My tribe is a very powerful one! In fact, I'd say we're the most powerful [Slime Tribe] ever! None of the other slime tribes have dared to step foot in our territory before!

Right now, I'm wandering in the forest looking for any signs of 'pink goo', under the orders of our Queen! I've got no clue why we're concerned about the likes of the [Pink Slime Tribe]! That's the only thing that it could be, they're the weakest tribe of all!

I hadn't been born yet when it'd happened, but many years ago when the tribes were still united as the [Slime Kingdom] they were at the bottom of the food chain. In the olden terms of humans, they were peasants! They were beneath the barrel!

Then, when the war for rulership was erected they were the first to flee from the kingdom. Oppressed by the [Slime Empress], they would not have even had the chance to protest against the war between the different slime variants.

Hungry for power, the different slime variants divided themselves into tribes and fought in the now-ruined Slime Kingdom.

As the tale goes, no one won the battle since there was an emergence of an unwanted pest. This was a few centuries about, but the likes of a [Humanoid Slime] suddenly appeared in the middle of the battle. In the shape of a young woman, a [Red Slime] displayed what we slimes can evolve into; the reason why the [Red Slime Tribe] is honored as the most powerful one. Furthermore, the slime that appeared at that time was none other than the Queen of the [Red Slime Tribe], Queen Rayna.

The race identified as the [Demon Slime] appeared with powers unlike anything ever seen before. Queen Rayna, unlike her younger sister, Queen Dayna, was able to kill the [Slime Empress] in a matter of seconds after unleashing her power, wiping out a good chunk of the kingdom! Fearing the power of Queen Rayna, the other tribes quickly worked to try and evolve themselves, to no avail. 

The evolution to [Demon Slime] was something that only a few were capable of doing, and Queen Rayna was careful to never expose the method used to grow that powerful. 

Drawing lightning from the sky, unleashing powerful flames, and melting our people — Queen Rayna's power was unrivaled.

As the centuries went by, peace was established once more, each tribe living in its own kingdom or village. But, there was an elephant addressed by Queen Rayna's younger sister, Dayna. The presence of the [Pink Slime Tribe] was becoming an issue in her region. They were migrating in the direction of the [Blue Slime Tribe] in hopes of living alongside their people again, hoping that there was a change. Falsely, they had a hope that they could become equals to their counterparts. They were wrong.

The [Pink Slime Tribe] were ignored by Queen Dayna for as long as she could. Despite being the most compassionate Queen seated at the [Table of Rulers], Queen Dayna attempted to allow the Pink Slimes to live within her Kingdom. In their attempt at living as equals, the Pink Slimes were oppressed yet again. They had a single unique property to them which was abused by some of the slimes in the kingdom, and eventually, Queen Dayna had enough. 

While we [Red Slimes] are not aware of what became of them after that, the Pink Slimes were kicked out of the kingdom, Queen Dayna claiming that it was to protect them from the discrimination they'd suffer if they remained in the kingdom. Such a foolish woman, though, I cannot say this out loud due to the respect that I hold for Queen Rayna.

Recently, I've been hearing rumors that we'd lost contact with the [Yellow Slime Tribe]. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, personally. Sure, humans have been coming to our world recently to fight the monsters out in the wild, but they would never go as far as to attack us peaceful slimes. 

Those yellow guys have a unique property to them like all of the other slimes too. While we [Red Slimes] can use fire and have incredible strength, the [Yellow Slimes] can discharge electricity. They're even more powerful in their region which is almost always storming. They can not only discharge electricity but manifest lightning from the clouds above! They're a threat in their land, so much so that we don't dare to threaten them despite our strength.

What's more menacing than one of those slimes on their home field is the awful sensation that sends a jitter rushing through my spherical body. "Danger!" I say out loud, looking behind me to see a shadowy, tall figure approaching me slowly. 

Unveiling itself from the darkness, a tall human woman is standing there with two slimes held close to her chest in one arm. The woman's white hair is waving around frantically as a gust of wind is thrown past her, making me slide back a little too!

The woman was breathing heavily, sweat running down her forehead. She was wearing armor that I could only tell was white due to some if it still shining past the layer of dust and dirt that almost covered it entirely. "You..." The woman speaks to me with a heavy breath. I recognize that the woman is carrying two [Blue Slimes]! This isn't good, are they the survivors of an attack? While it's rare, some humans do go as far as to attack us peaceful slimes or get us confused with hostile ones when we travel outside of our kingdoms!

"Take me to your Queen, before it's too late." The woman continues. I can't read her expression at all! She sounds worried but looks unconcerned! What a strange woman! "Your people are all in danger."

28