CH:1 – A x Special x Invitation
484 14 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The year 2022.

What's so special about this year?

Hunter X Hunter is coming back.

That's right.

You heard it.

A whole... however many chapters we get.

An event even scarcer than a solar eclipse.

So far all we have been recieving is 1 numbered sketch per day, but the days of scrolling through twitter while waiting for our daily dose of dopamine are over.

Why?

Well because there seems to be a new Hunter X Hunter game that came out recently.

Hunter X Hunter: A Journey Back To Civilization

Or well that at least seems to be the case...

But when the game title is searched on the web...

Nothing comes up.

If so...

Then why did our dearest MC recieve an invitation to play this game?

Was it because he was handsome?

Or because he is the only person who can truly see all the potential in nen?

Only time will tell.

But even then...

The question that he should be asking is...

If he's the only one who has recieved an invite.

***

Lior was recently scrolling through twitter looking at the latest news about his favourite childhood anime and manga Hunter X Hunter...

The 1999 Hunter X Hunter anime adaptation, the 2011 adaptation...

He's seen both and he's even read the manga...

And re-read it atleast a dozen or so times.

He pretty much knew all that there was to know when it comes to the show.

So could you imagine his surprise when an alert popped up on his phone inviting to play a new Hunter X Hunter game?

No you could n- actually maybe you could, you did go through the same thing afterall.

Anyway, the instant he saw the notification pop up on his phone, he immediately clicked on the link, and that's when it happened.

His body started to disintegrate into tiny particles and enter through the screen, which was shining a beautifully bright white light.

His face was the epitome of shock, infact his surprise was so great even stopped thinking entirely, as if he entered some sort of daze.

---

When he awoke he was presented with a screen, like one of those you would usually see when reading a manhua or manga, though it still took him a few dozen seconds before he started pinching his arm and wondering if this was all real or just some hallucination.

Lior knew he couldn't waste his time in a daze, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so he got to work.

"Lets see, what do we have here?" There was an underlying tone in his voice, one typically seen in middle school girls.

Feeling ready to take on the world, Lior started reading.

--- mc pov

[Welcome user000001.]

[Please design your avatar]

'My avatar? Hmm... white hair is kinda overused... everyone and their dog has it, so I guess I'll go with black hair, I think I prefer it over my currently brown hair.'

'There's no real need to change my physique, I'm quite fit, I do calisthenics, sure I could use a bit more muscle mass but I like my lithe but well built body, it's kinda like that of a gymnasts.'

'As for my eye colour, I think I'll go with light amber, just like Hisoka, wholly for the fun of it.'

"Black hair, same body build and light amber eyes."

[Very well.]

--- narrarator pov

[Please type in your name.]

'So it's asking for a name, huh?'

"Might aswell just use my own name."

[Lior]

[Welcome Lior, please choose what difficulty you would like to play the game at.]

[Beginner- You are given a random hatsu, an aura pool increase of 15,000 aura units and mastery over the 4 main principles of nen. (zetsu, ren, ten and hatsu)]

[Intermediate- You are given an aura pool increase of 10,000 aura units and basic mastery of the 4 basic principles of nen.]

[Advanced- You are given a aura pool increase of 5,000 aura units and a basic mastery over zetsu and ten.]

{Expert~ Your aura is awakened.}

[Disclamer: All stages are transported to the same archipelago, but you will be transported to the island most suited to your chosen difficulty.]

'Hmm, this a.i said that I would be transported to the island most suited to the level of difficulty I choose right? Then doesn't this mean if I choose the {Expert} difficulty I'll have it the easiest, I mean wouldn't I be the weakest if I chose the {Expert} difficulty; therefore I would be transported to the if not one of the weakest islands?'

'Plus, the {Expert} difficulty looks fancier than the others...'

'It's even written in gold unlike the rest of the options which are written in black...'

'I... even the brackets look fancy...'

"I've already established that it's more likely for me to be transported to a weaker island if I choose the {Expert} difficulty, besides games are meant to be enjoyed... and we really don't know when the next chapters will be up... Shouldn't I just take my time with this and challenge myself a bit?"

"Besides, I've already spent months thinking about the perfect hatsu for myself... I'm sure it'll all be fine, just fine...

Right?"

"Yeah yeah yeah, it's gotta be, I'm sure of it."

He was frantically trying to rationalize his potentially life-threatening decision, hurriedly bobbing his head up and down like some sort of punk.

"...I choose the {Expert} difficulty..." Lior said so in a quiet voice.

[Very well, good luck.]

"Huh, what do you mean by that?!"

It was at this moment he knew he f--

*WHOOSH*

Yup~ that what the wind sounds like when your over 5,000 metres -(about 16,400 feet, it takes about 75 seconds to until you impact the ground form this height when freefalling)- up in the air, falling to your death.

"Huh?! WTF is this?! Isn't this meant to be a game!"

Was this idiot so high on adrenaline and dopamine that he didn't notice he was already inside the game?

Oh and let's not forget~ his nen was also just awakened, so not only is he falling to his death, but his aura is starting to deplete.

"Hah, I've gotta calm down, and take some deep breaths."

*Gasp* *huff* *gasp* *huff*

While breathing like a fish out of water, he started focusing on the aura leaving his body and tried to wrap it around himself, it only took him a few tries, until he got it down to a rough and ready level.

You'd be surprised how efficent and strong your brain, body and willpower are when your one step away from death and since the powersystem of nen works on willpower it shouldn't really be surprising if Lior was going develope a 'One time fall damage immunity' hatsu right about now, but that's unlikely, he's panicing pretty heavily now, but it could be said that that's just the fear of death doing it's job.

I suppose he is quite the bit talented, but thats to be expected this man taught himself to get goosebumps on command in just a few days, which is supposed to be impossible to do since the tiny muscles that pull up your skin to form bumps don't have a conscious connection to the brain, and it isn't like nen is a concept that heavily relies heavily on talent, one could say that being competent is a more defining factor in the world of nen.

"I've gotta look for some trees, something to break my fall! If I can't I've gotta just try and land properly while I sheild myself with this rudimentary ten of mine."

---

Words~1300.

It's possible to get goosebumps on command all you have to really do is just think of something you find epic or repeat that one epic song in your head until you do get goosebumps.

12