Ch: 2 – A X Dangerous X Landing
384 15 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

pov: Loir

I immediately spread out my hands and legs to try and slow my fall down as much as possible and stay in the air as long as possible, the wind is pretty strong, especially this high up in the air.

Looking down and searching for a place to break my fall truly made my stomach drop and it feels as if my heart was in my throat all at the same time.

It's a hard feeling to describe, my brain is so overloaded with chemicals of its own creation its hard to even think straight, I'm constantly taking deep breaths and it feels like I'm falling in slow motion.

I can almost hear the ticking of a clock, a clock that symbolizes my incoming potential death.

There's no way I'm surviving this, and even if I do I'm sure I'll have a load of broken bones, and maybe even organ damage.

I need to make a covenant with my aura, or in other words a hatsu.

I'll exchange all my proficiency inside the emission category for enhancement for the next 24 hours, and I'll only be able to do this once a week.

I'm definitely not a enhancer, you can kind of just tell, I'm not sure what category is my main, but according to all the personality tests I've done it should be specialisation, which currently isn't ideal and won't be ideal until I create a proper specialisation hatsu.

After a few seconds I started to feel a change in my aura, it started to strengthen my body much more than before while still using the same amount of aura, I need to be careful to not put too much arua into my ten since I'm a newly awakened nen user I definitely don't have alot of aura, so there might even be a slight chance I might run out of aura on the inside of my body and then pass out, I've just gotta hope the circumstances I'm in currently will help me maximise my aura output and make it as close as possible to the actual amount of aura inside my body.

Looking around, I've gotta say it truly is a beautiful place this island... and yes, it's just one island and it is massive.

It's actually so big I can't even see the others, all I can make out is just some faraway landmasses from here, well I can see that there are atleast 4 islands including the one I'm currently falling too, I just can't seem to make out what the other islands look like, it's either too far away, or something is blocking me from seeing those islands.

After analysing my surroundings, I looked straight down.

I was straight above the 'south' island, I'll just call it that for now, I don't truly know if its south or not it isn't as if I have a compass on me.

Luckily the island right below me seems to be a dense rainforest, with a few rivers and lakes, moutains and swaps scattered throughout the island, there's even a fog around a certain part of the island... and is that a volcano over there?

The island below me seems full of life.

Oh.. oh shit, I'm only about a 1,000~1,500 metres above the tree tops.

Now that I think about it, even with ten I proba- no I definitely won't come out unharmed, I will most likely survive if I don't land on my neck, but the chances of me breaking a few bones is almost 100%, and breaking a bone or multiple bones here would be fatal.

I've gotta combine ten and ren into ken, feeling the aura leaving through my aura nodes and circulating around my body, I focus on my aura nodes and open them as wide as they can go and try to compress as much of that around my body as possible, a crude version of ken, one that doesn't even cover my body evenly, and there also seems to be a slight leak of aura leaving my body.

But it's what I have to work with for now, I positioned myself into a ball to hopefully keep my organs safe and tried to compress all my ken evenly around my body, I impacted loades of branches and big leaves, this helped slow my decent by about 35% and just before colliding with the ground I tried to position myself in a way which would disperse the impact of the collision evenly across my body.

I ended up landing on my feet and then re-directing the force of the landing by rolling my body forwards, the force of the fall was being slowly dispersed by spreading upon my entire body until I hit a tree.

My ken de-activated, and I tried to stand up but I felt sore all over, I'm also quite low on aura, I think I have about 30~35% left...

I immediately tried to get into the state of zetsu, I started slowly closing all my aura nodes, It's not really that hard, I completely understand the theory behind it and what to do, I also know where all my aura nodes are all, due to my aura being awakened all at once I'm now hypersensitive to the change in my body, and I'm also taking advantage of the fact that I've yet to calm down in the slightest and my consentration is maxed out due to the adrenaline and my emotions are also playing a large factor in helping me improve as fast as I am.

Now all that's left to do in achieving zetsu is a bit of trial and error, If gon was able to close his aura nodes without even knowing about them existing or even knowing what to do for that matter, I should be able to achieve zetsu instantly too, despite my talent probably being leagues behind his.

Luckily no bones were broken, but there are numerous cuts, scratches and bruises all over my body, but that's fine, they're not all that deep.

Moving all my joints around to make sure I didn't sprain or dislocate anything, while at the same time trying to stop myself from cursing like a truck driver, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pissed, I hate being hurt and taking damage, the pain isn't the problem but the fact that my lack of knowledge and inexperience almost got me killed.

At first glance I might be deemed lucky that I ended up in the south-most island which is a sort of jungle biome, and while it may be true that if I landed in another island it probably would've been game over at the start; since there would have probably been no trees to break my fall or soft muddy soil covered in leaves to help dissipate the impact of my collision with the ground, right now I'm essentially done for.

Jungles are the perfect habitat for snakes, mosquitoes, man-eating plants, leopards, apes, sloths, poisonous frogs, birds, a shit ton of insects and to make my situation even worse there could be a magical beast just around the corner of every tree, or even the trees could be magical beasts, you can never tell with these things.

There is some silver lining though, it's that now I have my nen awakened and my enhancement category at about 100%  proficiency, on top of already being in good shape, I should be able to survive as long as I don't behave like an idiot.

Perfect, now with me finally entering a proper state of zetsu I can get going, I'm now very hard to sense even by a nen user, as long as they arn't using en.

My entire body and my clothes are covered in mud so my smell should be masked properly, the blood off my cuts and scratches should have already stated to coagulate and my wounds and fatigue should start clearing up by the end of the day thanks to zetsu, now all I need to make sure is that I don't get spotted or make alot of noise.

There are three things I need to make sure to secure, but first I think it's time I left this area, I have no idea if all the noise of my landing captured the attention of any animals and I certainly don't want to find out, I think I've already long overstayed my welcome here.

---

Author note:

words~ 1410

Important note: Specialists can create nen abilities (hatsu) through raw desire or need for them, Neon Nostrade is a prime example, see ch 96 if you want to look for yourself but, essentially she saw a fortune teller on the tv when she was little, because she loved the fortune teller's philosophy it made her want to become one, hence she ended up with the 'Lovely Ghostwriter' ability.

Another example we can look at is fourth prince Tserriednich Hui Guo Rou from the kakin empire who seemingly accidentally created a hatsu that let's him look into the future for 10 seconds, as well as creating an nen beast.

As for why the mc is a specialist, it's because I the author did 5 different nen attribute quizes and 2 of them ended up being manipulation and 3 ended up being specialisation, here are the links to the results.

https://quizlagoon.com/personalityQuize/nen-type/?qz=final&_fpage=yes  - specialist

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2021/01/24/quiz-what-nen-category-from-hunter-x-hunter-are-you      -manipulator

https://scuffedentertainment.com/pquiz/nen-type-quiz-what-is-your-nen-type/?qz=final&_fpage=yes    -specialist

https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/personality/quizreport.php?title=mtexodexmqrfat&sid=MTg2Njk4MTIy    -manipulator

https://www.quizexpo.com/wpqpersonality/nen-type-quiz/?qz=final&post=10015&_fpage=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    -specialist.

specialist- 3/5

manipulator 2/5

nen atribute= specialist.

 

7