Ch: 3 – Shelter X Water source X Food source [1]
243 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three things that I must secure above all else are:

Shelter- Hopefully I can find some sort of cave, specifically one near a food and or water source for convenience, this is equally as, if not even more essential than the others, if I find a perfectly safe space I can potentially meditate on my hatsu ideas, which is essential for long term survival, having a place to quietly and peacefully visualise my hatsu into my aura and then have the aura create the ability would be ideal.

Water- There should be a river a few kilometres towards my right from here, luckily this isn't earth and knowing how bad my luck has been recently, we should also be quite far from the human realm, which means the water inside those river is most likely perfectly pure.

Food- Preferably I can find a species of animals that isn't poisonous, is high is nutrients and easy to hunt, I would like to stay away from fruits and such because it's hard to tell if they're ripe or even safe to eat, plus it isn't like I'll just find a banana tree here, I need to remember that this is a whole new world with a whole new ecosystem, one much more life-threatening than my old world's.

I started walking as quietly as possible towards some trees, while trying my utmost to keep myself in a state of zetsu, I've already got a headache from all the stress I've been through recently, I need to be quick and efficient, and I have to secure shelter, water and food before nightime, I probably can't even fathom what kinds of nocturnal magical beasts this island has.

Getting to some trees a few hundred metres away from the collision site took me about 20 minutes, I should be relatively safe for now, it's time to pick up some leaves from the floor to try and mask my scent even more and enhance my cryptic coloration, It isn't like some ripped black pants and a torn up black t-shirt make me some sort of invisible assasin.

---

What Lior didn't see was a snake as long as he was tall, waiting for the perfect opportunity to sink its fangs into him.

The reason he wasn't able to spot it is because the snake has a perfect layer of camouflage, it looks exactly like the tree it's laying on, it's scaly skin has the similar properties to that of a chameleon or octopus, but if it was just that, the beast would have died long before.

This species of snake isn't a particularly capable hunter but zetsu comes naturally to it, it's a species that specialises in stealth and assasination, when it's alone.

It generally doesn't attack beings it's own size and usually settles for larger insects, but Lior's use of zetsu must've made it think he was easy prey despite his size.

---

After collecting a few handfuls of leaves I started to stuff them under my clothes, luckily they're petty torn so when I stuffed the leaves into my clothes I ended up with a pretty good camouflage if I do say so myself.

I also made sure to pick up a few different colours of leaves, not just green or brown ones.

Now when I hide in the shade or if it's nightime I'll be pretty much unspottable unless the creatures trying to hunt me are snakes.

The downsides are that now I make a bit more noise than before when I move, but that should be fine since I haven't really seen or heard any creatures since my landing.

Camouflage is pretty futile against any creature with infrared eyesight or any other types of unorthodox senses.

I'll also still be vulnerable to insects and diseases during the night and when I'm not paying attention, but Knov managed to infiltrate the chimera ants' castle so I think I should be fine.

I've just gotta work with what I have and even Meruem had weaknesses, I shouldn't be obsessing over mine, besides I think I've made myself some nice drip.

Even though that took a while.

Now what do I do ne--!

*Fwoosh*

!!

A slightly large snake was decending straight towards me from the top of the tree above me, by the time I turned around my arm was already bitten.

*HSSS*

!

I barely blocked it with my arm, I'm lucky I've got a thick layer of leaves under my clothes, not that it does all that much defensively, but even still every bit counts, especially against a creature whose main weapon should be the posion that comes from it's fangs.

Arghh, but damn does this thing pack a bite.

I grabbed the snake by the back of the head and opened the aura nodes in my arms as wide as I could, I tried focusing all of my aura around my hands, while it was uncessesful I still re-directed most of my aura around my hands and forearms, about 80%.

I tried pulling it's head off my arm only for it to cling on tighter, which hurt, so I resorted to slamming my hand onto it's head.

Admittedly this isn't the best course of action as I'm also attacking my already hurt hand and this'll push the snakes fangs further inside my arm, but I'm already poisoned and it isn't like this will matter much, but it's still better than trying to slam it against a tree only for more creatures to hear the bang and come join this brawl.

It started to bleed heavily, and with a few hits it was dead, this interaction couldn't have lasted more than 10 seconds.

I immediately went back into zetsu, from here on out I sat cross-legged next to the snake's corpse, leaning my back against the tree, luckily it's poison seems to be a paralysis type since I can't move my arm anymore, I want to refrain from using arua as much as possible and stay in zetsu to recover quicker.

My forearm is slightly swolen, the area around the bitemark is bleeding quite a bit, I'm sure I'll be fine.

I won't tear off my sleeve to try and slow the poison, I'd rather have it spread throughout my entire body so that it's weaker and more diluted than just keep it in one area of the body for a long period of time, I'm also no longer just a regular human but a nen user, specifically one with 100% efficiency in the enhancement category, for now, even with the poision in my body I'm sure I'll be fine.

While this snake might not have been able to use nen, that doesn't apply to the other creatures or even humans on this archipelago, it would be truly foolish to believe I'm the only nen user here, nen can be used subconciously, and there are also a few magical beasts with intelligence similar to that of humans, like those shapeshifter beasts (Kirko) in the hunter exam.

And besides the a.i called me user0000001 which implies that there will likely be others joining me in this hell-hole of an archipelago, I'll have to pay extra attention to my surroundings from now on.

---

word count~ 1200.

5