CH: 4 – Shelter X Water X Food source [2]
244 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[AN: The mc won't be creating hatsu unless he cannot survive without them, I'll let you know when the main ability is being made.]

This encounter was quite useful, it finally helped me open my eyes a bit.

I shouldn't get complacent just because I think I'm safe.

I need another type of sense to make sure this situation or one similar to it won't ever happen again.

Perhaps a 'aura sense' or even a 'soul sense'.

Hmm, how would I make these work though? I need to take into account that my aura amount isn't all that high so I'll have to substitute that with heavy conditions and limitations, perhaps even a vow?

Grabbing the snake's dead body by the tail I let some blood drain out of it's body to make it easier to carry around, while the blood is draining I'll start thinking of the conditions.

Hm, let's start with aura sense.

I'll just think of it as a en circle for reference, I'd put my en range as the same range of the aura sense, but I can't even perform en, so I think I'll make the circle at shortest have a 10m radius, and the range of the hatsu won't improve until my en reaches a radius of 10m and as my en surpasses the range of my aura sense, my aura sense will start to grow in range parallel to that of my en range.

There'll be no point to this hatsu at all if I have to continuously activate it, I am using this as a protective measure against sneak attacks after all, so another condition would be having it active permanently even while I am in zetsu, which means my aura will be drained 24/7 even when my aura nodes are closed, but when I'm in zetsu the hatsu's range is reduced to a radius of 5m, and if I were to ever run out of aura the hatsu would start to drain my lifespan instead.

As I finish thinking deciding how the hatsu works, I start acutely sensing aura, even the aura of the trees and plants, interestingly though, I can't seem to make out the details of the actual beings releasing the aura, only the aura itself, I wonder if I could even sense the aura of bacteria to make up for that though, but I think I'll leave that for another time, this should be enough for now.

Since it seems that the snake's blood has finished draining, neat, I think I'll keep it's corpse with me for now until I find a suitable place to cook it, I already know that other animals might smell the carcass but should I really care about that? I have my aura awakened which means that at most it should take a few hits to kill a creature, like this one did, unless I come across a magical beast like the chimera ants who can tank nen attacks like it's nothing.

Although I really should praise the durability of this creature, for most humans a single nen based attack, even one that isn't strong, is usually enough to cripple even the strongest regular people like the ones that made it to the top of heavens arena, yet this creature took about 3 or 4 hits before dying, I'm genuinely impressed.

It's time to get mov-

*Drop*

*Drop*

*Drop* x 100

Dozens of snakes or maybe even hundreds started to fall from the trees surrounding me.

Since they're falling down from above, and they are surrounding me from all sides the best move is to start climbing the tree next to me.

I immediately tied the snake's corpse around my neck and ran up the tree as fast as I could and started climbing from branch to branch.

Once I was at a confortable height of around 8 metres, I started to jump from tree to tree, in the direction of the river.

I know it's around 8 metres because I can still sense the hoard of snakes following me and others are even trying to climb the trees I'm jumping to and fro on.

The poison is still inside my body, I don't even have alot of aura left, fighting as I am now would just be suicidal.

And yet, the snakes are slowly catching up and climbing up the trees, not only can I barely even see them, but I'm outnumbered 1,000 to 1, or perhaps even more.

Sure I can now sense them even if they're in zetsu, but what's even the point of being able to sense them if I'm just gonna die the instant I stop running?

I need another hatsu, and since my current survival rate is less than one per cent, I might aswell use some lifefoce to get the job done. I need the hatsu to be a specialisation one and not an enhancement one since I'm probably going to need to be able to use the hatsu all the time and not just once a week.

Since I'm low on aura why don't I restock? Aura absorbtion, the conditions would be; can only be used on non-human targets, cannot be used on nen abilities, cannot be used on beings inside zetsu, everytime you invoke the use of this hatsu whether any aura is absorbed or not you loose one year of your lifespan, and you can only absorb aura through either physical contact or when your aura touches the aura of another creature.

The only real problem here would be the fact that the snakes are in a permanent state of zetsu, but I can get around that by opening their aura nodes myself, it's time to stop running and fight.

As I think that, I stop, and I open my aura nodes as wide as I can get them to open and I make sure my aura doesn't leak away, and with sweat secreting from the pores of my skin I jump down into the swarm of snakes.

***

hatsu- Aura sense-specialisation

Can sense the aura (life energy) of living beings in the surrounding area, in all directions.

Limitations and conditions: This hatsu will always be active even while in a state of zetsu (if you run out of aura your hatsu will drain your lifespan to keep itself active), and has a starting range of 10 metres, the range grows in parallel to the range of your en.

---

Aura absorbtion- specialisation

Allows the user to absorb aura through either physical contact or contact between aura.

conditions and limitations; can only be used on non-human targets, cannot be used on nen abilities, cannot be used on beings inside zetsu, everytime you invoke the use of this hatsu whether any aura is absorbed or not you loose one year of your lifespan.

---

hatsu- Enhancement boost- specialisation

Boosts you enhancement category to 100% for 24 hours.

Limitations and conditions; Must give up the ability to use a nen category, for as long as the enhancement is in effect, can only be used once a week.

---

(attack + nen) X Condition difficult=

---

Words~ 1000

Let me know how the story is going so far, don't be afraid to give me some constructive criticism, and if there's anything you want me to add or if you have some interesting ideas post them in the comments. Thanks for reading.

7