Chapter 3: Raven
1k 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Birds singing, branches creaking, wind whistling, and leaves rustling.

Finally, I figured out why the forest was silent.

Inside the Options window, there is this thing called Sounds Setting. The main culprit of this case is muted BGM.

Yes, last time I played Quintet of Symphony, I muted the BGM because I was listening to my friend singing monotonously using a program called Discord. Oh, I missed laughing together with them.

Not knowing the safety of everyone close to me fills me with deep anxiety and sadness. I usually don't pray to God, but after knowing there really are Gods, I want to pray for their safety.

In my previous life, I have no goal in life except for playing games and making money through them. Now though, I have decided a moment ago that I would work toward uniting myself with them.

There is a Skill called 'Return Home' and it's available to use when a player reaches level 100. It provides the player with the ability to teleport to a town you have once visited in the past. This action of mine might upset some Gods, but what can they do? Learenia already told me that by being bound by 'The Second Chance', they can't outright murder me. Who would dare stop me if I were to visit my original world?

...unless I'm being lied to by Learenia's sweet words.

Fully trusting someone takes a ton of time. She seems fine and friendly on the surface, but Humans are more complicated than that.

Wait a minute... she is a Goddess, not a Human!

Well, my point still stands. It doesn't matter what she is.

Nevermind all that.

After I unmuted the BGM, I could hear the sound of the forest once again. You have to question whether there is a Demon's invasion or not, given how peaceful it is. Unless Learenia dropped me off somewhere very far from the place where intelligent races are living.

I'm screwed if that was to be the case. Being dropped off right inside the Demon's settlement seems worse so I will accept my current predicament as fortunate enough.

Currently sitting on a random tree trunk that I cut down with an axe without using any Skill, I enjoy myself by bathing in the afternoon sunlight.

Going through a lot of the real world's Game Interface, nothing seems to be out of ordinary. Everything else works fine except for the Report Bug, Channels, and Logout on the Options window.

There's no way to try Friendlist, Party, and Guild, so I left them be for the time being.

However, my face frowns when I searched through the Language Setting. I'm too lazy to count them all, but they're more than a thousand languages. I hope that there is a common language being used in this world, or else I have to set it again after encountering a new race with a different language. Just imagining it makes me want to shut myself inside a close off room for all eternity.

Sigh... I will cross the bridge when the time comes, but right now, my focus was on a new skill I gained.

It's called 'Raven's Form', a pretty accurate name.

[Raven's Form: Level 1]

[Activates the skill to awaken your full capability. The duration is (9+Your Level)minutes and the cooldowns will be reset every midnight]

My current level is 1 so the duration is 10 minutes. Also, how can I increase the Skill's level? Do I have to use it every day?

Before the end of the day, I have to try it. It will be reset at the midnight anyway.

The concerning thing is will I turn into Raven? As in, becoming a girl? Probably not, but it would still feel awkward and embarrass. 

My other concern is my life from now on. Living inside a fantasy world full of war, shedding blood is to be expected. I'm not sure if my willpower is high enough to do such an inhuman thing or not. After all, I have never murdered a person before in my entire life. Another thing to cross the bridge when the time comes, I guess.

I scrolled through the Options and my gazes stopped at the Personal Space, usually being called a Home. In the good old days, I spent a lot of effort, including money, into decorating it, especially the interior.

My character, Raven, is a girl so the house has a neutral feel to it that both males and females could live in. Not too feminine and not too masculine.

Of course, playing as a female character, being flirted with is unavoidable. I shattered many people's heart by saying 'I'm a dude' countless times. Don't blame me, the game allowed you to customize your character any way you wanted, not my fault. About 80% of the players-based was playing as a female character, so what do you expect? Trust me, at least more than half of them is a full-grown man just like me. I'm still 20 years old by the way.

Raven was a user who's regarded as being one of the top 100 players in Quintet of Symphony. A vice leader of a famous guild called Clover.

You might be wondering why people call me 'The Celestials Befeller'. It started with a somewhat frustrating story.

There was this raid boss called 'Lin, the Twilight Goddess', one of the easiest celestial bosses to raid. She has a 10% chance to drop an accessory that could be combined with another accessory from a different boss to create a highest-grade one. It can't be traded so I have to get it by myself.

Can you believe it? A 10% chance! I hunted her more than a thousand time and it didn't drop even once! At first, there were many strange and weird nicknames given to me because of how unlucky I am, but after a thousand times, most people sympathize with me so they gave me a cooler nickname, The Celestials Befeller. I even reported this as a bug, but the developers said nothing was wrong.

I grew accustomed to it, to the point of being able to solo her despite being one of the raid bosses. All of my friends already gave up in helping me because of how boring it was to fight the same boss again and again. So I had to do it all alone.

After all this suffering, did it drop? No! I still don't have it! I did get her as a pet drop though, despite it only having a 0.005% chance to drop. However, being one of the free content pets, she was a total waste. Probably one of the most useless pets to be used as assistance in combat, but I decided to keep her as a pet to vent out my frustration. Like most pets in MMORPG game, you can talk to them, so I kept spamming 'I hate you' and made her cry a dozen times.

Now that I think about it, she used to be a pet without any emotion and intelligent. Her response was already set by the game developers, but what about now?

I opened up the Pet menu and there they are. All 3 of my pets are in there including her. Will she gain sentient and revenge me for bullying her all those years? Honestly, I both want to find out and don't want to find out.

Perhaps, she might not remember me at all? Her master is a girl named Raven, not me, a man named Leon. 

I will try summoning her after entering my Personal Space.

When my finger was about to touch the Personal Space button, I heard the sound of swords crashing.

I sighed and sat up, "Finally, a cliché scenario. What will it be? A princess' carriage getting ambushed?"

The question being 'Do I have to save them?'. I will probably be dragged into their political struggle if I do.

After weighing the pros and cons, I decided to help whoever was being attacked. Arriving in this world without knowing anything, it's better to have some connection with influential people.

"Do I have to sacrifice my hand again, or will it be my feet this time?" I dashed off while wondering about such a question.

.

"This is not what I expected at all." I lampooned as my eyes scanned through the battlefield.

A carriage is being ambushed as I thought, but the ambushers are a group of demons. Earlier, I have some doubt whether I should help the one being attacked or not, but seeing the Demon as the ambushers clear all the doubt in my mind.

I just discovered that I don't need to shout out the commands to use them. All I need to do is to think about them in my mind. Visualizing myself verbally saying 'I' is probably more awkward than calling out the Skill's names. Skills are in the same category so I don't need to voice out the chanting either.

Gazing at the Demon who looks to be the leader, I thought in my mind 'Character Info' to check his information.

==================
[Thalma Restarati]
Level : 46
Class : Martial Artist
Guild : Demon Clan
Alliance : -
Title : Secretly In Love With His Superior
==================

"What kind of title is that? 'Secretly In Love With His Superior'? That's not a title! That's a deep dark secret!" I said while making a complicate face.

I thought I wouldn't feel bad for killing the enemies of humanity, but now I'm not sure.

Dirtying my hand with blood is unavoidable in this world. This might be a good chance to prepare my mentality, providing me with a bit of gut to kill a real human.

That got dark real fast, but it is a necessary step. A good step towards the goal of being able to murder someone without batting an eye! Yeah, that sounds very dark...

The reason I'm saying all this is me trying to calm myself down. I'm not an actual psychopath or anything.

Now, I wonder if he could endure one attack from me?

Apart from using weapons, I have also tried experimenting with Magic Skills, but they were unavailable because my Mana was too low. Figured.

There are also Magic Skills that use HP instead of Mana to cast as well. Would I dare try? No, never. I will probably die the moment I cast it.

The guards of the carriage are in a bind. From my estimation, they could probably hold on for 5-6 minutes at most. I have to act quickly.

The Demon side has 26, including the Thalma guy, and their average levels are 25. I can't measure their Stats so judging from what I see and experience, perhaps I have to sacrifice my hands 26 times to kill them all. It could work if they dumbfoundedly stand still and lets me drink 26 potions consecutively while killing them one by one.

Forget it! This is not a turn-based RPG! Who would be stupid enough to wait for an enemy to drink a potion and recover their wound?

While I was in a dilemma. The carriage was opened and someone stepped out of it, gripping a long sword resolutely.

"Here I thought I would encounter a cliché white knight rescuing a princess scenario." I heaved a sigh with a bit of disappointment. The owner of the carriage is in fact, a guy, probably a prince.

He has long golden ponytail hairs and blazing red eyes full of dignity. His body is covered in full golden plate armor. His right hand is holding a shining crystal-like golden sword with a symbol of the sun engraving on the holder. His face is handsome and enchanting. You could mistake him for a girl if he lets his hairs down and wears some makeup.

==================
[Sephena Valiania]
Level : 31
Class : Sword Expert
Guild : Valiania Kingdom
Alliance : Porsa Kingdom / Quest Kingdom
Title : Currently Disguising As Her Brother
==================

Well, he is actually a 'She'. Should I say 'Thank you' to the Title?

Looking closely, except for the Level and Class, everything else is a bit strange. Since when has a Kingdom been considered a Guild? Apparently, the real world did. I can't help but laugh a bit when noticing that.

Thalma also has Demon Clan as his Guild so maybe I'm the only strange one here.

Also, one of her Alliance's name is Quest Kingdom. A kingdom that gives out quests? Oh wait, it's probably not an English word, silly me.

I shook an unnecessary thought out of my head. My priority is to save her.

There's no way I could win against all of them without taking a dozen of recoil and end up drowning myself in a pool of my blood.

I have experimented with every means of attack and all of them resulting in me having to endure through the pain.

"Should I just transform into Raven and end it instantly?"

After thinking for a bit, I inwardly shout out the commands 'L' which is the Personal Space.

Space was torn apart, revealing a purple oval hole that looks exactly like a portal. Without any hesitation, I entered it and left right after. All I did was to confirm the properties of my Personal Space and it worked just as it should be.

If my Raven's Form is on cooldown and I encounter a danger later, all I have to do is open the Personal Space and hide in there for a day until my Raven's Form comes off cooldown.

Without an invitation, no one can enter my Personal Space.

17