Chapter 6: Rextras Fortress and Lin
596 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After being frightened for almost 3 seconds, my sense returned and I noticed something strange.

Why are those guards who're protecting the carriage don't seem to be panicked? Their expression told me that they are a bit perplexed, but their overall composure kept their back straight. For some reason, all of them seem used to it.

Well, the opposite of those emotionless guards are the other merchants, adventurers and mercenaries alike.

As soon as they noticed the meteor, they started to flee as far as they could from the carriage.

What would I do? Of course, I'm gonna escape! Why would I risk my life to heroically save the prince? Let those 2 otherworlders do the job!

Now that I looked closely, the meteor is not that big, its diameter seems to be only 15 meters or so. I might be able to break it if I use a Skill, not that I will dare try.

Before I could start running, someone came out of the carriage.

He is a man in his early twenties. He has short amber hair and gentle eyes with the most handsome face I have ever seen. I would believe it if he said he was a famous actor in his previous world. He's wearing a very luxurious cloth as though he is a noble. 

This dashing man is nonother than Koris Q, the Protagonist.

His eyes looked dejected with a mix of guilt and sadness as he watched the meteor falling straight into him.

"Not again..." a mumbling came from his mouth as he equipped himself with a bow and aimed at the meteor.

An arrow covered with dark aura was shot and it shattered the meteor into pieces.

Astonishingly, the meteor's debris didn't fall but hovering in the air as they gently gather beside the carriage to form a pile of debris.

The carriage's guards rushed at the pile of debris and began identifying them.

"This is Iron, and this one is Wyronte."

"Separate them, especially the Wyronte, we need them for the reparation of the wall."

"Yes, sir! Also, this one is Nreqext."

"Great! We could use them to craft more siege weapons."

"And this is..."

I dumbfoundedly listened to the guards and couldn't make head or tail of their conversion.

One man who surprisingly didn't flee like others approached me with a chuckle, "You don't seem to know Koris, but you didn't flee like a coward either. You got ball, mate."

I turned my frowned face toward him.

He is a very burly man with a bald head. His eyes seem fierce but also friendly. As a glance, I immediately identify him as one of the adventurers.

Seeing me looking at him without saying anything, he laughed and started to explain, "Koris is the one who summoned that meteor"

His words made me more confused than ever. Koris summoned it, but why? What's the point? He could accidentally kill all of the innocent people here!

Noticing what I was thinking, the burly man shook his head, "Don't worry about that, he's one of Human's Heroes. A mere meteor couldn't harm anyone as long as he is here. His appearance might fool you that he's one of those weak arrogant noble bastards, but his strength is real."

"But why he summoned the meteor here and now? Why not summon it somewhere with no people?"

"Tsk tsk, do you think a mortal could easily summon a meteor?"

Uh, I can actually... I resisted an urge to blurt that out and continued my question, "Please elaborate."

"He has a unique ability, its sole usage is helping him boosting his luck."

I think I understand it now, the ability is probably called something like Protagonist Dumb Luck. The meteor, containing various useful ores and minerals, suddenly threw itself off its orbit and came crashing down to offer itself to him.

A perfect opportunity during the war where supplies are scarce.

What a useful ability.

The burly man continued, "See that? The meteor blesses us with countless invaluable resources! A jackpot I say!"

I have to agree with him. I don't think this war needs Raven at all. Having Koris as a Protagonist here already guaranteed their victory, right? What kind of Protagonist lose against Demons Army before facing the Demon Lord?

"If I have such luck like him, I wouldn't be living as an adventure..." The burly man said with sorrow and sadness.

After the commotion died down, the line was formed once again.

I thanked the burly man and said goodbye. He told me that if I need anything, I could find him at the Adventurer Guild.

After waiting for about 30 minutes, it's finally my turn and I need to pay them 2 gold coins to enter.

I thought nervously that the money inside my Inventory, gained from grinding in the game, can't be used in this world. Surprising, they accepted my gold coins without any issues.

This world has copper coins, silver coins, and gold coins like your standard Isekai World. 1 gold coin equal to 100 silver coins and 1 silver coin equal to 100 copper coins.

As Quintet of Symphony doesn't have any copper and silver coins as their currency, so all I have in my Inventory are gold coins.

Entering the fortress, what greets me is a lively and bustling city. Most buildings are made of another strange material that's called Oreten. It's characteristic is it's durable to Magic. I should have expected that honestly.

I walked through the street that's filled with various races living in harmony, merchants' stall and beautiful scenery of snow tree, the same kind I saw in the forest.

On the far back, there are 10 small castles and 1 huge palace, locating at the center.

Each of the castles has a different flag located at the top, representing the alliance of 10 races, uniting to drive off the invasion of the Demons while having the middle palace as their place of war conference.

The evening is approaching so I decided to ask around for the direction of the best inn in the fortress.

Along the way, I studied different races with curiosity. Elves and Dwarves are obvious enough with their long ears and short build respectively. Merman has fins instead of ears and their body is covered with scales. There are also Fairies with transparent butterfly wings attached to their back. Those are easy to identify, but I found a strange one.

"What race is that?" I questioned as my gaze landed on a woman whose body seems to be always burning with intense fire.

==================
[Gwen Tialia]
Level : 19
Class : Fire Spirit
Guild : Nixt Kingdom
Alliance : -
Title : Is Someone Watching Me?
==================

Oops, I quickly turned my head as soon as I saw her Title.

She cast her gaze around but then shrugged her shoulders because she noticed no one.

I heaved a sigh and lampooned at myself, "This Title is too convenient for my own good."

Well, at least I got to satisfy my curiosity as I now know her race. Judging from her class, she's definitely a Spirit.

There are 10 castles in total so I guess there are more races that I have yet to meet.

Reaching the inn, I paid for the best available room which is 1,000 gold coins per night.

The innkeeper looked at me strangely before nodding his head and gave me the key. Well, I can't blame him. I'm currently wearing level 1 equipment after all.

Why did I pay for the best room you asked? As someone who loves interior designing, I couldn't help but be inquisitive about their room design and it's not like I'm poor either, so why not?

Ignoring the gaze of people in the lobby, I moved up the stairs towards the second floor and went into my room on the far end.

As expected of the most expensive room, it's so luxurious that it's comparable to the royal bedroom and I'm not exaggerating.

Now it's time to thoroughly explore my own Personal Space and I might also try to summon one of my pet, Lin.

.

"Everything is the same huh?" I said inwardly as I studied the garden.

Each player will be given their Personal Space as a place for their character home. If I have to compare them with something then it's quite similar to those Farming Game on mobile. The kind that lets you build a house, grow plants, breed animals and so on.

I stopped my feet in front of Raven's house which is quite big and admired its beauty before opening the door.

The interior is modern-looking and feels very comfy. It also gives you a warm feeling that escalates your desire to lazily lie down and live here forever.

After making sure that nothing is abnormal, I sat myself down on the king-size bed and called up the Inventory.

It's now or never, the moment of truth.

I scrolled down until I saw Lin, one of my pet who's getting verbally bullied by me in the Quintet of Symphony.

It's not my fault for bullying her, okay? Who told her to not drop the 10% chance accessory?

Anyways, my concern is, "Will she recognize me?"

Her master is obviously Raven, not Leon, so what will her reaction be when she sees me?

Also, there is a certain danger If I bring her outside the Personal Space.

Her level used to be 200, the same as Raven, but what about now? Will she be getting nerfed just like me?

I have already checked for the properties of this Personal Space. Whether you're an enemy or a friend, when you're inside this space, you are not allowed to harm each other. So, despite her being a level 200, it is impossible for her to attack me. The concerning thing, however, is when I bring her outside. If she becomes hostile and her level stays at 200 then... well, the world is doom.

If push comes to shove, I can just resummon her, bringing her back into my Inventory, no harm done, probably.

"Okay, let try it," I said as I pressed on the button 'Confirm'.

There's a bright light that blinded me for 3 seconds.

When I could open my eyes again, a girl with long wavy light blue hair stood there with narrowed gentle blue eyes. As a goddess, she also has a halo and feather wings, wearing a blueish bridal dress to match her hair color.

Lin, the Twilight Goddess, the most useless combat pet you could ever have in your slot. In actuality, her Skill is quite overpowered, but her poor AI made it totally useless in the mind of every expert. Now that she becomes real, hopefully with her own intelligent and not that stupid AI, she might be able to assist me in a real fight. Actually, no point in fantasizing about it right now because she will remain useless if she doesn't gain any sentient or she did gain sentient but won't listen to my order.

While feeling nervous, I continued to wait for her to show any response.

I took this time to check her Info.

==================
[Lin, the Twilight Goddess]
Level : 8
Affection : Maxed
Owner : Raven
==================

So her level is the same as me, I assume her level will be at 200 when I transform into Raven.

After some time passed, she started to blink her unfocused eyes multiple times and looked around with curiosity.

She seemed rather agitated about something until her gaze met mine.

Lin tilted her head in a cute and shy manner before observing me from head to toll.

More time passed by until her eyes sparkled and she clumsily saluted me.

She then said with a very excited and passionated voice, "Lin not greet her master!"

Phew, that's nerve-wracking! She gains sentient and recognizes me as her one and only mast-, wait a second... Did she just say 'not greet'? What does that mean?

"Not greet?"

She happily nodded, "No, master!"

Okay, what is wrong with this girl? Did she hit her head somewhere? Her AI malfunctioned or something?

Maybe, she's not fully awake yet. Should I try our routine in the game?

I coughed to clear my throat and told her the exact command I kept spamming at her in the past, "I hate you."

Her face flushed and became so red with embarrassment that even a tomato might feel jealous as she replied with the cutest, most loveable and most serious voice I have ever heard in my entire lifetime, "I hate you too, master! I always hate you!" then she jumped at me and hugged me while snuggling her cheek with mine.

I was too shocked by her words that I couldn't react in time to cope with her action.

....what is with this girl? should I just resummon her?

17