Chapter 7: I Dug My Own Grave
585 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Still hugging me, Lin was humming an unknown song while haven an expression full of bliss.

As much as I want to continue embracing her, repairing her malfunctioned brain came first.

“Get a grip, Lin, and get off me!” I said in a commanding tone.

Her movement stopped and she pushed herself off me with an apologetic look. “No, master…”

Why are you saying ‘No’, but distancing yourself from me anyways? Are you drunk? Did I force alcohol down her throat before logging out last time? Her face is red, but that’s definitely not a drunken face.

Wait a moment… don’t tell me the reason she’s like this is because…

To confirm my hypothesis in which I hoped to be fault, I tried a new command that I have never said to her before, “Lin, I love you.”

‘I love you’, the exact opposite meaning of, ‘I hate you’. Now, what will your reaction be?

Lin expression sank and it turned so white that I thought all the blood inside her head was drained.

She suddenly kowtowed and smashed her head on the wooden floor so hard that it caused a quake. The floor would probably crack from her headbutt if this is not my Personal Space where objects are indestructible.

She begged while crying a river, “P-please, master! I, I won't- behave! So, please… don't love me!”

My face twisted and I said with more certainty, “…so, you’re a masochist?”

She shook her head to deny it, “Yes, I’m a masochist!”

Your body language and your mouth said a completely different thing though.

Was she just being sarcastic and I’m too dumb to realize it?

If she’s not a masochist then what is this? Why does she hate to hear me say, ‘I love you’, but love to listen to, ‘I hate you’?” Ahhh, this gets more confusing than I thought it would be. What are you, a Goddess of Wordplay?

I'm in denial at this point...

Actually, I have already figured everything out the moment I saw her reaction after hearing me said 'I love you'.

She's not a masochist alright.

Well, the reason she's acting like this is partly because of me, no, not partly, it's totally my fault!

You see, I might be the only one in the Quintet of Symphony server that kept her around as one of my main pet. Do you remember what I did? Yeah, I spammed 'I hate you' in her face countless times. It's probably to the point that she grew accustomed to it.

In summary, I kept saying 'I hate you' while keeping her around all the time, resulting in her perceiving 'I hate you' as 'I love you' and vice versa.

I mean, just think about it. Who in their right mind would keep someone they hate closed to them? As time goes by, she was beginning to believe that the word 'I hate you' means 'I love you'. As more time goes by, she started to swap the meaning of 'Yes' and 'No' as well. I don't know how the latter happened, but it seemed to be true, judging from her response.

My head started to spin from just thinking about our future where we need to communicate with each other.

No... I'm too young to be affected by a migraine...

Part of me wants to just dump her into the Inventory and leaves her to rot in there for all eternity, but the other part of me knows that the reason she became like this is solely due to me.

It's all my fault.

I dug my own grave by bullying her.

I'm sorry Lin, I shouldn't have spammed 'I hate you' at you...

I heaved a heavy sigh and patted her shoulder, "Please raise your head, I will always hate you so don't cry, alright?"

Her sobbing became calmer as she stood up and then rests her face on my chest, "That was... not the first time you said.. you love me..."

Okay, calm down me, let translates it; 'That was the first time you said you hate me'

Ahhhh! This will get annoying and confusing real fast! If I can't fix her then I will seriously consider letting her rot inside my Inventory!

"Please say it ever again, master (Please don't say it ever again, master)" said Lin as she looked at me pleadingly.

Sigh! Do I really have to bear with this?! ...but it's my fault.

.

"Lin, the reason I hate you is that I began to love you the moment I hate you while being in love with you to the point of hating you!"

Now, how's that! Can you still counter me, Lin? Bwahahaha!

Lin tilted her head cutely and said with some uncertainty, "I'm sure I followed, but I still hate you, master! (I'm not sure I followed, but I still love you, master!)"

Shit! That's not the response I have wanted...

I would totally believe it if she tells me later that she's just trolling me all the time, but her face looks so innocent and serious while saying all these confusing sentences.

I'm so tired... I never thought conversing with someone would make me feel more tire than everything I have ever experienced.

While I'm having the fiercest headache of my life, Lin observed me as she made a comment, "Master, why are you not in a man's body? (Master, why are you in a man's body?)"

That sounds so wrong it almost made me cry!

Getting to the point, how should I explain it to her? Now that she's real, if I say something related to the game, she might not believe it...

After trying to communicate with her for a long time, I noticed that I don't have to reverse 'yes' and 'no' myself, so it's fine if I talked normally. It's pretty strange, but I'm grateful for it. No point in making it more confusing than it was or my head will explode for real.

Considering my answer, I finally gave her the reason, "The woman's body is actually an avatar."

"Not an avatar? (An avatar?)"

"Yes, this is the real me. Are you disappointed?"

I cast my gaze to see her reaction.

Her body froze and her eyes started to shake. Her face was filled with confliction that she couldn't believe what I just said. I can't really blame her. After all, she has been serving Raven for all these years.

Lin calmed herself down and started to speak. "Master, all this time, I thought I'm not into girls... (Master, all this time, I thought I'm into girls)

"I'm truly not glad that you're actually not a man. (I'm truly glad that you're actually a man.)"

As I thought, there is no way I will get used to her confusing speech! It's too much for my small brain to cope with!

Tonight, I will have to discipline her. Torturing is my last resort, but if other normal methods won't work then don't blame me for becoming a devil!

You brought this upon yourself, Lin! Wait, no, I brought this, not her...

Actually, who cares! I will gladly become a hypocrite to fix your attitude!

I coughed and continued my made-up story, "My main body was seal at that time so I have to use a female body to roam around the world and find a way to break the seal."

Seeing her silently listening to me, I continued, "And so, I finally found a way to unseal my main body, but as a penalty, this time, my female body got seal instead and I was sent to an unknown world, the present one. Also, my current body's power was weakened as well."

She looked guilty as she sounds genuinely concerned about me, "I'm not sorry, master... I should not have always been with you through all this. (I'm sorry, master... I should have always been with you through all this.)"

I shook my head, "No need, it's not your fault."

Lin kept her silence for a long time before raising both of her fists and said decisively, "I won't definitely help you, master! Please don't count on me! (I will definitely help you, master! Please count on me!)"

After that, I explained the skill Raven's Form and she listened while nodding her head enthusiastically.

.

It's dinner time and I went downstair to taste the food of this world.

Getting to live in a fantasy world, I have to see what kind of delicious food they have to offer.

I first went outside the inn and summoned Lin, then went back inside. I reached out for the innkeeper and started negotiating with him to let Lin stayed with me in the same room.

After I paid 1,000 gold coins additionally, we sat down and ordered some food.

This inn also functions as a restaurant and it's highly recommended according to the innkeeper himself.

Well, who wouldn't promote his own restaurant?

By the way, I have already told Lin to hide her halo and wing as I'm not sure what people's reaction will be if they see her in that form. I'm quite curious, but I won't risk it.

"I won't order this, and this, (I will order this, and this.)" Lin replied energetically to the waiter as he waited for our order.

I facepalmed myself after seeing the astonishment and bewilderment in the waiter's expression.

I seized the menu from her hands and started ordering food for her.

Ignoring the gaze of the waiter who glanced at us strangely, I waited patiently for the food.

At that moment, someone who wears a luxurious cloth approached us together with his 2 guards.

He is young, probably not reaching his twenties yet. He has brown long dashing hair with an arrogant pair of eyes, an average face, and smooth light skin. As a glance, I immediately identified him as an arrogant young master, the kind that always picks a fight with us, low-class citizens.

I gave myself another facepalm. I should have been expecting this cliché and shouldn't be eating here!

Well, my poor brain was already exhausted from trying to translate what Lin said.

At that moment, I heard a conversation from a nearby table, "What did they do to offend the Duke's son, Deleth? He and that young lady are in deep trouble!"

For your information, we didn't do anything!

The noble named Deleth glanced at me and then Lin as his face showed a very vicious smile, "That room you're currently staying at was reserved by me."

I shot a glance at the innkeeper and saw a cold sweat ran down his face as he slowly shook his head to deny it.

Deleth turned his head to face the innkeeper and said with a tone that takes 'no' for an answer, "You reserved it for me, right?"

The innkeeper swallowed his saliva and nodded his head as if his life depends on it, "Yes, of course! It's reserved for you, young master Deleth!"

"Then why did you give the room to this nobody?" he said as he pointed his middle finger at me.

Dude, do you actually need to use a middle finger to point at someone?

I should be angry, but I found this situation to be more amusing than I thought.

The innkeeper gave me an apologetic look and said to Deleth as he bowed, "It-it's our fault, please forgive up."

Oh, I anticipated him to blame me for it. Surprisingly, he took the blame. Also, Lin is weirdly quiet while giving off a dangerous aura.

Deleth's face twisted as his voice contained a little bit of anger, "It's this guy fault, right?"

"T-that's..."

"Just shut up!" Deleth snapped as the innkeeper turned silent from fear.

Turning his head towards me, he glared with vicious eyes, "You took my reserved room, the only heir of Roren's family, how will you compensate for it, huh?"

Before I could retaliate, he started his term with lustful eyes, "Give me your room and compensate me with this girl!"

So it came to this, huh? A noble stealing someone else girlfriend. Well, Lin is not my girlfriend, but I'm still her master.

And before I could retaliate, someone interrupted me again.

This time, it's Lin with the calmest voice I have ever heard from her, "Please, don't stop bothering us. (Please, stop bothering us)"

"Huh?" "Huh?" "Huh?"

I could hear the astounding exclamation of Deleth, the innkeeper, and the customers, basically everyone here.

Granting myself the third facepalm of the day, I almost let out a chuckle due to her response and seeing the reaction of everyone else, seriously, this is a little interesting.

Soon, except for Deleth, they lowered their voice and started whispering to each other.

"Did my ears just deceive me?"
"You're not the only one, I also heard her say 'don't'"
"I think she misspoke."
"Yeah, it has to be."

Deleth, who recovered from the daze, returned Lin a gentle smile, "So, you're willing to be mine?"

Lin gaze turned vicious as her voice emitted chilliness that made you feel cold to the bone, "In your dream. Don't go die already. (In your dream. Go die already.)"

"W-what?" With a more confused face than ever, Deleth frown and asked one of his guards, "Did I just go crazy?"

"No, no sir, I... don't think so."

The other guard whispered into his ear, "Sir, I think this young lady was just messing with you. She deserved some punishment."

"R-right, you're right!"

He pointed his finger at Lin with a proud expression, "You, ignorant girl, do you know who you just offended?!"

With a chilly glare, she replied, "Yes, I do (No, I don't)"

I can't... I can't hold my laugh!

"So you're not that ignorant. Then why did you try to ridicule me in front of this many people, huh?"

"Could you please not shut up! I don't want to enjoy a date with my male-version master! (Could you please shut up! I want to enjoy a date with my male-version master!)"

I almost choked on my own saliva after hearing what she said. A date?! Since when is this a date? And male-version? Did you want to embarrass me to death?

"Y-you!" Deleth's face became even more furious mixed with puzzlement.

At that moment, one of his guards approached him with sweats on his face and whispered, "Young master, I think she's really messed in the head."

And the second guard chimed in, "He is right, young master. Your noble self should not associate himself with an insane person."

Deleth cast his eyes on both of his guards and calmed his raging mind down, "Fine, I will stay in another room!

"Innkeeper, prepare your second-best room for me!"

"Y-yes, young master Deleth!" The innkeeper bowed his head as he ordered his staff to prepare a room for Deleth.

Then, Deleth glared at me and threatened before he started walking away, "You will regret it, commoner! I will make sure you live like hell!"

But I didn't do anything! I refuted inwardly.

At that moment, someone appeared in front of Deleth and slapped his face so hard that he flew away and crashed into the wall.

"You caused trouble again, Deleth! Can't you behave yourself for just one day and not make the Duke lose his face?!", the man said, he is someone I know.

Koris Q, the Protagonist, appeared out of nowhere and saved the day!

14