Chapter 2 – The Child Emperor
8.4k 6 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was finally discharged several weeks later and back repairing his base. Tatsumaki had ripped open several layers at once creating a tunnel right into his base, exposing all his secrets.

He realized that he was the Child Emperor now, even though he could clearly remember being someone else, a loser otaku who lived in his parent’s house. However, he couldn’t remember his name in his supposed previous life, nor very much else.

Somehow he retained some memories of this world though, but he wasn't certain it was his supposed other person's memories or those of the Child Emperor.

However, he couldn't really discount the possibility that he had been the Child Emperor all along and being another person from another world was merely his fever dreams from being dehydrated and malnourished for so long.

But he still believed the other possibility was that he did come from another world and became the Child Emperor by accident. 

He was visited by Sitch and several other Hero Association members while in hospital, and other heroes visited him too, including Saitama and Genos, who came with Bang, King and Fubuki.

Tatsumaki, who seemed to be at his bedside the whole time was surprised that Fubuki was with that group, even though he himself seemed to know and expected it already.

Now that he was back from hospital, he really wanted to know what happened to him. He found that he had all the abilities and knowledge of being the Child Emperor, but also all the extra knowledge of his supposed other self, including a lot of inside information on the people in the One Punch Man world.

He looked through his experiment records before the accident and found that the Child Emperor was researching communicating and even travelling to other parallel universes.

He kept fiddling around with his interdimensional portal devices, and even made a portable version that he kept on his wrist.

He found that although the Child Emperor was a legitimate genius in all the sciences, he was ultimately still a child, hence all his creations still being toys.

This is also reflected in his research into parallel universes. He seemed only focused on looking for only his own counterparts of himself in other universes, hence the reason why he contacted his supposed other self while playing the Child Emperor in his sex game.

After all, it was rare that anyone would play the Child Emperor in the first place. Unknown to him, his original body was still in a coma and nobody else who bought the game ever played the game as the Child Emperor.

In fact, several characters in the later versions of the game were banned in his original universe as stricter child pornography rules made playing the Child Emperor or Tatsumaki illegal. 

Thus, he found that although he has tried several times, he has never found any other counterpart in any of the other universes that he has been peering into with his machine. Perhaps he would need to take a trip and explore.

However, he was now reluctant to do that after his accident and he was uncertain if he would ever be able to come back again. More research was needed to ensure that his traversing the universes would be safe.

As he continued his work, time passed by and he became comfortable being the Child Emperor in the One Punch Man universe.

He found himself closer to Saitama’s group of Saitama, Genos, Bang, King and Fubuki, with Tatsumaki joining them once in a while in their adventures.

In fact, he and Tatsumaki seemed to be getting closer too. For some reason unknown to him, she seemed to visit him often, and even brought him along for a few of her missions, which was completely unnecessary as she was mostly overpowered for most of her missions anyhow.

Tatsumaki, no never had a friend, somehow treated the Child Emperor her friend, which surprised and delighted Fubuki as Tatsumaki interfered with her life less these days. 

Like the Fubuki Group and Saitama Group, people started referring to the two of them as the Tatsumaki Group and he was even marginally part of the so called Saitama Group, much to Fubuki’s discontent.

As for the Child Emperor himself, 2 years had passed and he was now starting to hit puberty.  Of course, he grew more handsome and have even been getting compliments from Puri-Puri Prisoner lately, much to his chagrin.

He grew taller than Tatsumaki now, and was a decent 165cm tall. This was of course not his maximum yet, and he was still shorter than people like Saitama, but he was comparable to Bang in height.

In fact, nobody called him the Child Emperor anymore, just Emperor.

Speaking of Bang, being able to absorb knowledge easily like a sponge, the Child Emperor started learning everything he could, especially martial arts, including Bang’s “Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist” and his brother Bomb’s “Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist”.

Due to his incredible progress, both wanted him to be their successors, but he only agreed to be acknowledged as their student and perhaps perpetuate their style, but did not want the responsibility to take over their dojo and carry on their art.

“Brat! You’re too good to just wander aimlessly. Why don’t you pick one of our dojos to stay and train at permanently, replacing me for the next generation?” asked Bang again for the millionth time.

“You know I just want to train to get better, not join anyone” smiled Emperor as he sparred with Bomb at incredibly high speeds. He was already better than the pre-limit breaking Garou in Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist.

Saitama watched with Genos as both of them ate BBQed meat at the side of the sparring floor in Bang’s dojo.

“Bang, both you and your brother have created a martial arts monster more formidable than Garou or any of us combined” said Metal Bat who just arrived with Atomic Samurai.

It was well known by now he had trained and learned swordsmanship from Atomic Samurai and how to fight with a bat from Metal Bat.

All the martial artists found him fundamentally and technically perfect, but he still lacked experience in actually fighting using their styles besides spars.

Due to that, in recent weeks he has been “playing around” with Watchdog Man to experience sparring against non-human fighting styles.

Like many of the S-Class heroes, he already had some degree of superhuman strength and durability.

But without fail, although he retained memories of the anime and manga, but he still asked Saitama for his secret, and he has since been doing 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 pullups and a 10km run everyday for nearly 2 years now.

However, he has yet to achieve Saitama level strength, speed and durability, nor lose any hair.

Suddenly, Emperor used “Void Sky Dragon”, a move he learned from Suiryu and his Void Fist Style, surprising Bomb and Emperor stopped fractions of an inch from Bomb’s face.

“You….what a scary combination, Void Sky Dragon with the Water Stream Rock Smashing Style” Bomb said, admitting defeat.

Suiryu, who was now also a S-Class hero smiled with a broad smile as he arrived just behind Atomic Samurai and Metal Bat, watching his move defeat Bomb.

“Thank you for taking it easy on me Bomb” Emperor smiled humbly. He was still not a match for Bang, Bomb, Atomic Samurai, Metal Bat or even Suiryu in their own individual style, but with his combination of styles, he could catch them by surprise.

Furthermore, using his technology alone, he was already above all of them in the S-Class rankings, with the exception of Bang.

Over the 2 years, he has been trying his best to learn everything after realizing that Child Emperor’s powers of comprehension was incredibly monstrous.

Like the rest of the S-Class heroes, he already had enhanced strength, speed and durability. But he practiced his speed against Flashy Flash, his durability aand strength against Superalloy Darkshine, Tank Top Master, Puri Puri Prisoner and sometimes even Saitama, whom he always loses to. 

If any of the martial artist was 100% in their individual style, he was at least a 90% in every one of their styles.

However, compared to Saitama, he was only at most 5% of his strength, speed and durability. But 5% of arguably infinity still made him arguably 90% as strong as Tank Top Master,  90% as fast as Flashy Flash and 90% as durable as Superalloy Darkshine. However, these attributes, he kept a secret, only showing his martial prowess.

Furthermore, his designs for battle have become more grown up and he now wore a metal suit, albeit still with his extra 4 metal arms coming out of a small compartment from his back.

If anyone in this universe knew about the Marvel Universe, they would recognize the suit was the Iron-Spider suit that Spider-man wore at in the Civil War comics or in the MCU Infinity War and Endgame movies, created by Tony Stark.

As part of his peacekeeping work, he used tiny robotic spiders to scout and monitor his city too, like Superior Spider-man did, when Doctor Octopus switched minds with Spider-man.

However, he never stopped looking for a way home, no matter how much he enjoyed this life in this dimension.

93