Chapter 3 – Meet the MC
25 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A short, black-haired man playing video games on his crate table inside the storage room, close to the boiler room, while wearing round spectacles with the thickest lenses. Yuko, the name of the obese man, grew up in a region of the Karuto prefecture with his parents and five siblings. He was always despised for some reason, not only by his family but by everyone in that village. Yuko shakes his head as he thinks back on all the nasty words he has endured during his life. Yuko was already running behind schedule for work at RonarudoMakuronardo's, the biggest fast food restaurant in the world, at 9:30.

Even though he only makes roughly 3,000 yen per hour working there, it was the only business that would hire him. Yuko changed into his uniform after rising from his chair made of dump truck tires. His brain's defensive system kicked in, and he ignored the other ladies who were waiting for him to walk by so they could shit on him again. To the others, it would have appeared that a group of women were picking on a guy, but to Yuko, there was no one there.

 

“Hey, there's that stinky ass again.”

“Ewww!!!”

 

“Eyesore.”

 

“He has only moved a few inches, yet he is already perspiring profusely.”

 

“Onee-chan! Look! It's the unsightly man you mentioned to me! ”

 

“The Troll-ojiisan is here!”

 

 

“Stupid low-life.”

 

“Ew. The Otaku, is it you? He seemed to be running late.”

 

“His face appears to be quite ugly.”

 

“Hahahaha! This fatso will not be liked by anyone!”

 

“Otaku, please leave; we don't need you here.”

 

“Stupid face, stupid body, ideal for you; stupid job!!”

 

Numerous demeaning remarks were made about Yuko's body and appearance, many of which were only directed at him alone. None of his family members were ever made fun of.

But this did not deter Yuko from resigning or perhaps even passing very shortly. Why would Yuko lower himself to these toxic females, who only find meaning in their lives by venting their frustrations to someone they find aesthetically unappealing, when he had experienced far worse things than these? He ignored all of them because he was busy at work, so he ran and ran until he arrived at RonarudoMakuronardo's, where he worked his usual 12 to 14-hour shifts with overtime. Since most people can't see him when he's working, Yuko works as a fry boy. He also mop floors, wash dishes, and take out the garbage every day, including overtime.

Yuko has been doing this every day for the past eight years, and throughout that time, he has maintained the same job and pay while his coworkers who had top positions at RonarudoMakuronardo's have either been promoted or transferred to other branches.

1