Chapter 6- Unworthy
11 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The boss desired more—no, he desired everything. He had been working for so long under someone, and for all those years, he had obeyed orders like the hunting hound that he was. But now that a chance like this one had presented itself to him, he was no longer satisfied with "just this much"; instead, he wanted to soar to greater heights and a position where no one could touch him.

 

He did not believe that there were just three items buried in the ground since he desired to be an all-powerful entity. No, he was aware that there were more; to find them all, he simply needed to dig further. After digging in the park for hours on end, it was now midday and the gangsters were still there. At this point, the boss has called his entire team of 50 gang members, all of whom are armed, making them one of Tokyo's most deadly gangs.

 

Some of them guarded the park’s entrances and exits to keep away the prying eyes that get curious and “take care” of them when they saw too much of what was happening, and the rest of the gangsters helped their boss in digging the rest of the buried artifacts. The gangsters now found 5 new artifacts after digging 10 meters deep into the park’s soil even going to the extent of digging beyond the park’s brick path to find the other artifacts.

 

Even one of the gang's toughest members struggled to raise the five new relics since they were so heavy and made of precious metals. The objects were all at least the size of a person's head and were all fashioned of either valuable metals or unusually colored metals that were unknown worldwide.

 

A strange-looking alien whale made of solid emerald, a white snake made of white diamond, a shark head made of an unidentified solid blue metal, a single enormous black scale from an unidentified animal made of some kind of extremely hard rock, and a paper-thin orange cloth that was bulletproof but whose full potential hadn't yet been tested were the five new artifacts the gangsters had discovered.

 

It took the gangsters hours to locate those 5 relics since no one could move them either; in spite of its look, the paper-thin cloth was the heaviest of all, even heavier than the golden eagle. When the gangsters discovered all of these treasures, they were insatiably curious and continued to dig until they ran out of energy.

The gangsters spent many hours searching before they finally found 50 items, all of which were connected by a single chain link that was still buried in the earth. As heavy equipment entered and exited the park, excavators and dump trucks were removing soil, and it was after midnight when Yuko finally awoke from his unconscious state. Since around 6:30 am, the park had resembled a construction site.

Yuko's body was still painful from dragging the chain, and the injuries he sustained when he tripped and fell was still bothering his ankles. Yuko stood up, mustering all of his remaining strength, and limped out the entrance. The gang boss stopped Yuko's path as he prepared to leave and stroked his shoulder. The gangsters merely watched him leave, some of them laughing at how frail and fragile he was.

 

“Ugly-kun, I just want to say thank you.”

“Thank you for being weak.”

“Without you, we would not be getting this massive treat of a payday, so I thank you.”

“In order to strike even with you, I’ll give you this.”

“This is 100,000 yen, I want you to take it.”

“I’m giving back what I stole from you all those years ago.”

 

When the gang boss said this to Yuko, the latter's eyes instantly lit up. He then turned to face the gang leader, who was beaming, and grabbed his hands and the 100,000 yen. He considered what to say to the fucktard who had stolen his money, but he was too weakly constructed to even fight back; in fact, it's possible that he was not even meant for combat.

 

Being a weak child from birth, he had always felt useless and powerless, and those feelings were returning. Yuko wanted to stop feeling this way, so she held the boss's hand and the 100,000 yen money. He no longer desired to be fragile or weak. He desired to be courageous, to aid those in need, and to improve the miserable state of the world. But that was an impossible fantasy.

 

But if he could only alter himself little, he would work tirelessly to make that one difference; all he needed was a chance. The golden eagle and the 50 artifacts were quivering as they contemplated this, and each artifact was producing little earthquakes all around it. However, everything outside the park was unaffected by these earthquakes, which only affected the park's contents.

 

Before they stopped, these mini-earthquakes would last for another 30 seconds. After the earthquakes, the park no longer resembled it; instead, it resembled a collection of attack remnants. Yuko and the gang boss were still standing there, and he was still holding onto the boss's money-holding hand.

 

 Yuko looked up and saw that all of the flying artifacts were looking down on him as if he were being tested, and they seemed to be verifying something by all of them watching him. The golden eagle, which was behind him, extended all of its wings and shrieked with such intensity that some gangsters passed out from the loud noise.

 

Yuko tightened his hold on the boss's hand until he crushed one of his hands, permanently impairing its ability to move. At this point, Yuko was satisfied that his course had been established, at least for the time being. He would now undergo a positive transformation and reach his highest level of power. He nodded as if he had already made up his mind as he observed the floating items and the golden eagle behind him. Yuko was rendered unconscious by the intense light that came from each of the relics.

1