174 – Badly Grounded
619 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Galar's civilian transportation network wasn't set up to be convenient; exposure to Pokémon was considered more important than that. Getting places could involve going across lakes, through mines, into glowing mushroom forests, and along mountainsides. Pokémon needed to bond with humans, and humans benefited from Pokémon's incredible abilities. It was important that no Pokémon got left out just because they preferred to live in strange places. 

So having to go through a mine to get to Hulbury wasn't anything unusual to Brandy, though it seemed one of their group wasn't as used to it. 

"You can fly over," Brandy said, squeezing Morgan's hand. "Or I can ball you. Can see you hate this."

It wasn't like Calcine and her fear of heights. Morgan didn't struggle to step into the mine, but her constant glances at the mine's ceiling and how stiff her limbs were; all clear signs she was uncomfortable. Morgan usually flowed as she moved, like nothing in the world could stop her if she wanted to pass. Seeing her act awkward didn't suit her, and they'd all quickly picked up on it. 

"I can handle it," Morgan said as she squeezed back at Brandy's hand. "I can go indoors or through tunnels, and that doesn't bother me. It's just the wind is so stale here, it feels unreal."

There was a spluttering sound, and Brandy and Morgan both turned back to look at Sparky, who was making a raspberry sound as she blew out through nearly closed lips. She gave Morgan two thumbs up. 

"That's her way of saying, 'We're happy to help however we can,'" Calcine said, reaching over to give Sparky a rap on the head. Sparky just shrugged, her wide grin growing wider as Morgan's cheeks flushed at the stupid but thoughtful gesture.

"At least it's a pretty mine," Morgan said, and she wasn't wrong. The lighting was kept low so Ground types wouldn't feel too awkward, but the mine had some natural light from tiny blue crystals that sprouted from the walls like mushrooms. They cast a low blue glow on everything, shimmering off pools of water and the polished path. It had a feeling of twilight, that strange tint you got when the moon wasn't quite bright enough to light things up, but your eye had finally adjusted. 

They hadn't spotted much in the way of wild Pokémon despite Calcine keeping a careful eye out. A Pokémon with shiny-looking pale blue skin and colorful yellow tattoos had kept her distance from them for a while, but the intriguing-looking woman had refused to be drawn out. Not by food or Morgan sneaking a few tongue-tussling kisses that made Brandy dizzy. Whenever they approached her, she literally melted back into the cave wall and disappeared.

"Ground Types take some getting used to you," Calcine said. "We could make camp? She'd probably come out if we cooked something hot."

Brandy looked at Morgan, her fingers flexing as she regulated her breathing and shook her head.  

"I'd rather not," Brandy said, waving to the Pokémon hiding half in a pool of shimmering water. "We're going to go on, but it was nice looking at you! Don't be a stranger all day, okay?"

A gentle approach was best with Ground; they could be quite loving, but they didn't like to be pressured. The worst possible thing you could do was try to rush them. 

Brandy's face was splattered with water when a grey and brown blur ran right up to the pool's edge and belly-flopped in. Morgan grabbed Brandy and darted back on a gust of air as the ground rippled and turned to thick sludge. Sparky swearing as one of her legs sunk deep into what'd been rock only a moment ago. 

"I got you now! Come be friends with us already!"

Brandy's sharp eyes let her see really well in the dark, so picking out the wrestling in the pool was easy. The shy blue-skinned Pokémon was rather confidently dunking her attacker under the water with one hand stuck to the back of her head. A chunky light grey tail was flicking about and splashing the water as the belly flopper tried to wrestle back. Brandy caught glimpses of big blue eyes and a messy head of light grey hair. The water rushed out as they both burst up out of it on a circle of rock. 

"Calcine? If you're going to Rock Tomb them, just disable her." Brandy said, looking at the Carkol. 

Calcine shook her head. "Not mine. One of them has it."

"Woof! This sticky hand thing is tough to beat," the Pokémon with the grey tail said. Risen up out of the water, Brandy could get a good look at her now. Dog ears with brown tips poking out of her messy hair and a collar of white ribbons tied in big bows. She had the most ridiculously excited smile as she struggled, two sharp canines giving her laugh a truly manic look befitting of a Sparky. 

Brandy didn't need to dex her. She was practically the picture of a Rockruff. Though they were usually known for loyalty, not trying to get wild Pokémon into a headlock. 

She failed miserably, taking a spray of water from the wild Pokémon's hands right to the face that left her coughing up water as the wild Pokémon dove into a wall, passing right through it like it was water as she disappeared. 

"Well, we're not seeing her again," Morgan said. "That was an embarrassing capture attempt."

The Rockruff lay on her back, arms and legs spread out as she spat out water. It glistened over her darkly tanned skin, running down to form small pools in the valleys between her abs. The Pokémon wasn't tall or stocky, just a ridiculously toned stomach ending in lovely wide hips and squeezable-looking thighs. 

Brandy's thoughts could have been more pure and objective here. But on the other hand, there were sweet abs. Calcine's wonderful stomach was no less wonderful because it was on another Pokémon.

"I can't be mad at her for scaring the other one off," Sparky said. "I just want to grind my face on those."

"I want to grind your face on that, too," Morgan agreed. "Calcine, could we make it happen?"

"Brandy's are better," Calcine said. Very loyal, but Brandy didn't believe that for a second. She had eyes. 

"Oh hey, other people!" the Rockruff said as she tipped her head back, taking in the group upside down. "Holy shit! Look at the thighs on your trainer!" The Rockruff rolled up to sit and looked at Brandy with an appraising eye, her tail wagging behind her madly. "So gorgeous. I'm jealous."

"Thanks?" Brandy said, looking down at her skirt. She couldn't exactly argue they weren't good. She'd been told it enough. 

"Oh no, I am the thankful one. Thighs like that are worth living for." the Rockruff said, beating her chest. "I'm Tanzanite! Call me Tansy because it's shorter and cuter. Like me!"

There was an awkward pause as everyone kept staring at her stomach. Tansy looked down in confusion, poking at her wet abs. "Sorry, you want me to put a top on?"

"No!" they all said in quick unison. Calcine was the first to find an actual thought, smiling at Tansy as she made a rock bridge for her to get off her island in the water pool without wading. "Rock Tomb is a good Move. I have it, too."

"It's the best!" Tansy gave them a sharp-toothed grin. "Rush in with Tackle, then use it to pin things down for Saffira! It usually works a charm, but it's not working today. She's been struggling to catch anything here."

Brandy was pretty sure the reason for that was an overly enthusiastic bundle of fluff, but it'd be mean to say it. 

"I love her," Sparky said. "She's like Calcine, and I had a kid." 

"I wish I could be as pretty as all of you! You are all way too nice," Tansy said, her tail wagging so hard that she almost tipped over. She grabbed it and held it tight against her chest, the grey fur spilling over her arms as she smiled like an idiot. 

"Sparky children. A horrifying thought," Morgan adjusted her hat. "Is your trainer close? We can do introductions all together."

"Oh, I kind of, maybe," Tansy cleared her throat and lowered her voice. "Ran off a little and lost her."

"That's why you got to get a tall trainer," Sparky said, waving at Brandy. "Can't lose her. You just look for what the airplanes are having to fly around."

"She is really tall," Tansy whispered to Sparky, louder than all of them were talking. "How do you ..." she wagged her tail in her arms and gave a meaningful look.

"I climb her like a tree."

"Awesome."  

"Want a go?"

"No!" Brandy cut in before she ended up losing clothes, "Let's go find ... Saffira, you said?"

"I'll take you right to her! She's the best human ever. You're going to love her to bits," and Tansy took off with a confident stride down the mine path. She got four steps before she turned back and gave an embarrassed smile. "I'm actually still lost. I don't actually know where she is."

"Well, it's a Mine," Morgan said, "There's only really so many places she could be. We didn't pass her, so let's just keep going. Do you mind if I grind this Joltik's face on your stomach as we walk?"

"A lot of people say that, but nobody actually does it!" Tansy laughed, "Love the boldness. She's got really cool fangs like me as well! Let me poke them, and we got a deal."

Brandy opened her mouth to say it'd slow them down, but Calcine shushed her and pulled her close. "Morgan's coping better. Let them have their fun."

"We're never getting out of this cave." Brandy huffed. 

They both stared at Tansy's stomach muscles as Sparky play acted at putting up a fight against Morgan. 

"Lovely view though," Calcine said as she licked her lips. "At least we've got a good reason to be making poor time."

Brandy pressed a hand to Calcine's stomach and squeezed, letting her fingers run into the valleys of Calcine's muscles. "We have to put up with these every day and manage."

"Do we?" Calcine laughed and pressed Brandy's hand firmer to her stomach. "I think we all just make do with being a little Tansy ourselves."

Brandy couldn't really argue with that.

45+ chapters ahead on Patreon! Including some beefy side stories. I'm writing one that's like 18k words; why do I do this?

I had a quick holiday over the weekend, and it was super nice!

Also, while I plugged it last time, I messed up and did it late, so I need a repeat plug!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/787054/a-new-kind-of-grind/

It's an isekai dungeon crawler in the "Everyone be girls and futa" vein of this story. But not really! It's more about banging hot monster girls, a whole lot of breeding mechanics, and turning a magical system into Factorio. I think it's really neat.

 

19