Interesting Girl
198 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Kurayami walked through Grigori many fallen angels bowed lightly toward him. As he was the son of one of their leaders he deserved respect on top of being a Loginous user. Not to mention that it was obvious that Azazel favored him highly so he was treated as a sort of heir to both of them by many. This irked some of the Fallen who believed in blood purity like the one in front of him. 

Kurrayami looked at the Fallen with squinted eyes. 

"Kokabiel, how can I help you?"

The older fallen angel looked down on Kurayami. He considered him a dirty half-breed that did not belong in Grigori at all.

"I have no idea what Azazel sees in you."

Kurayami sighed and walked past him. 

"Maybe that I am descended from a goddess or the fact my father is Baraqiel, or the fact I have a Longinus. I also did not lose to a weak human. How are your wounds from Vasco?"

Kokabiel lunged at Kurayami ready to kill him for bringing it up, but he stopped himself. He knew that if Kurayami was here, Baraqiel was sure to be near. He was strong, yes, but that guy had the title of Lightning of god for a reason.

"Watch yourself halfbreed. You just made an enemy you can't ever defeat."

Kurayami scoffed. 

Your wings will decorate my wall one day."

They both went their separate ways, but Kurayami was mocking Kokabiel. 

'Either being older makes you stupid, or Vasto caused more damage to him than I expected. I have a Longinous for a reason.'

While he was not paying attention to his surroundings he was in deep thought until he bumped into a small black-haired girl who was running through the halls. She fell down and looked quite scared as she avoided other people. He looked down at her and thought she was a cute kid. Reminded him of the girl he wanted to save as the last act. He did wish her the best, but he doubted they would be that nice.

He wondered who this girl's parents were as fallen angels being born was pretty uncommon.

"You ok?"

He extended his hand and the girl took his hand. She looked a little jumpy and couldn't look him in the eye. Even when she took his hand and thanked him it sounded like a whisper.

"Thank you."

He looked over and thought she was a little adorable. She had the usual black hair of a fallen angel and violt eyes. As Kurayami had a Longinous, he could sense others and this girl had a sacred gear. 

"What's your name?"

She looked down to avoid looking him in the eyes.

"Raynare."

"My name is Kurayami, son of Baraqiel."

She looked down and hid her tears. He was confused.

"Why are you crying?"

She turned around to not look at him.

"I don't have parents."

He didn't know what to say as he was not the emotional kind.

"What happened?"

She shook her head.

"I don't want to say."

She shook her head as her tears fell down her face in droves. Kurayami walked up to her and just patted her head. She looked up and into his hollow eyes while wiping her tears.

"Your eyes are weird?"

"This is just how I was born. I don't know why I don't have pupils."

She laughed at his joke as his eyes did look truly weird. There were zero pupils in them and it was like a ball of dark violet surrounded by white. Kurayami started to walk away, but he motioned for her to follow him.

"Just follow me. You seem lonely."

She nodded and started to follow him around. Most of the kids at the orphanage avoided her. It was just a side effect of her sacred gear combined with her heritage. They both started to walk around as Kurayami did not have much to do. As they walked around she looked at his right arm and saw the black tattoo on his arm. It started at his wrist and went up to his shoulder. 

"Why do you have that tattoo?"

He looked at the marks on his arm.

"I have a special sword." 

He summoned Rebellion and rested it on his shoulder.  Raynare looked at Rebellion with awe. 

"It looks awesome. I like the skull." 

"Thanks." 

He put Rebellion way after a while. 

"Can I get one like it?"

He looked at her and thought of it.

"If you get strong enough maybe. Azazel made it and he won't waste materials of this quality easily, so you gotta earn it. Although it won't be easy. At the moment he is making my sister one."

She looked at him curiously.

"You have a sister?"

He nodded.

"Her name is Akneo. My younger twin."

She pictured his sister in her head and imagined a cold hollow-eyed girl that looked similar to Kurayami. Still when she thought of getting stronger she thought of her sacred gear. She looked a little nervous, but he didn't know why. Maybe she had dangerous sacred gear or something. He noticed it and asked about it.

"Do you have sacred gear? I have a Longinus by the way."

She looked a little freaked out but nodded.

"It killed my parents." 

He was going to tell her that was stupid, but he knew that was not the proper way to get someone to change their mindset. He was not the best as this thin so he winged it. 

"You know. Hating your sacred gear is good and all, but it will be with you for life. I am going to go now. Take care." 

She looked at him leaving and ran after him.

"I have no friends like the other kids at the orphanage are all for themselves.  Can I be your friend?"

She looked down and he tilted his head.

"Me? I guess, but my only friend is Azazel."

She shook her head.

"Then I can be your second friend and you can be my first."

He shrugged.

"Fine, but only if you tell me what your sacred gear is."

She was going to say no, but it was better than losing the only person who was nice to her.

"Blaze Black Flame."

'A Vritra sacred gear? Azazel told me about them.  Doesn't Azazel have two others of the same type? Does he even know she has them?'

"Well since you told me mine is Incinerate Anthem."

She looked at him wide-eyed as not only was he the son of a Cadre he had a Longinus of that level.

"Well, you want to meet Azazel? He might be busy though."

She nodded like crazy.

"Who wouldn't? He is the Governor-General of Grigori. I really want to meet him."

He motioned her to follow him. Along the way she blushed and asked him a question.

"How many wings do you have?"

He looked over and saw her nervous. Wings were something more personal so asking another fallen was quite embarrassing if you were not friends, family or close. 

"2 sets. Why?"

She looked down as she considered it a little embarrassing.

"I find it hard to ask that. I only have 1 pair after all. 

He looked her over and didn't find that hard to believe. Growing more pairs was not easy, but training made it possible. However, most who grow more have lineage to back it up. He was a good example. When he got to Azazel's lab he knocked on it. Azazel yelled out a moment later.

"Give me a moment. I am almost finished."

Azazel pulled out the large spear from the burning forge and plunged it into a magical oil he created just for this. The moment the spear touched the oil all the metals made it perfectly fused which made Akeno excited. She had not budged from her spot once even so Baraqiel had stayed with her. After just a bit of polishing, she was handed the spear, and just like what happened to Kurayami a small spike entered her hand.

"OW!"

As she was just 7 tears started to fall from her eyes which made Baraqiel mad. Too bad before he could knock some sense into the weapon it vanished into her arm. Just like what happened to Rebellion. Hearing her yelp was kind of expected so he just knew he had to comfort her. . When the both of them entered Akeno rushed at him and cried into his chest. He sighed and ran his hand down her hair.

"It was going to happen Akeno." 

"But it hurt." 

"I know."

She kept crying, but that would go away. When she realized she just got a cool weapon she would most definitely see it as worth it. Azazel looked at Raynare with a little bit of curiosity as it was not like Kurayami to socialize. He was Kurayami's only friend after all. 

"So who is she?"

Kurayami's eyebrows were raised as he thought Azazel kept a record of everyone.

"I thought you knew every fallen in Grigori." 

Azazel broke out laughing.

"Are you crazy? How am I supposed to know all of them? Although is she part human?"

Kurayami nodded.

"Her name is Raynare. She wanted to meet you."

When Azazel looked at her she felt like she just met a celebrity. She waved a little behind Kurayami.

"Hi. I met Kurayami earlier. He said he knew you."

Azazel ruffled Kurayami's hair a bit which annoyed him. 

"Yup. This kid is my friend.  Also, his sacred gear is quite nice to use for our weapons."

She knew it was a fire control sacred gear like hers.

'Maybe I can be useful as well.'

"I have one too."

He and Baraqiel looked at her and were surprised. Azazel was especially interested.

"Do you know which it is?"

She nodded.

"Blaze Black Flame."

Azazel was impressed to say the least. 

"What do you know? I own two more of the same type. If you want I can give them to you. You will help Grigori if you are stronger."

She wanted to be stronger, but accepting her sacred gear was not easy. Not after what happened. Suddenly Kurayami encouraged her a bit. 

"Trust me. Fearing your lifelong power will end badly, so try to think about it. You don't have to though."

She looked down but decided to think about it.

"I will think about it."

Azazel did not plan to give them to her any time soon anyway. 

"Well you don't need to accept them, but can you practice your current one? Can you control the flames?"

She held her hand up and a small black flame lit up. Kurayami looked at that with interest. He held up his hand where dark purple flames burned. Azazel was interested in what would happen if he used both in his works.

"Hey, you two. Come here for a sec."

Baraqiel raised an eye brown and he knew what he wanted to try.

"What will be the result?"

Azazel shrugged.

"That is why I want to try it."

They both walked to him where he brought them to the same forge.

"Place your hands on either end and send your flames in."

They did what he said and when their flames met they began to devour each other as if they were direct opposites. They got stronger and more violent until Azazel told them to stop.

"Good news Kurayami. I might be able to give Rebellion a quick boost same for Submission.  Raynare if you want you will join his training until you feel you can accept the Vritra sacred gears. What do you say?"

She looked at Kuroyami and nodded.

'As long as I am not alone.' 

Azazel felt it was great. Hybrids with sacred gears were usually better than normal humans. As sacred gears have a huge stamina drain and hybrids can use their sacred gears without the weakness of a human body.

After that Azazel started to plan a training plan for her.

"Hey, Raynare. Do you have anyone you stay with?"

She shook her head and pulled out a card.

"My dad told me to use this to come here if something happened. I was just picked up by some Fallen and stayed at the orphanage."

What happened was any Fallen child, hybrid or not who lost their parents in any way were taken to a special orphanage for them as hybrids they had quite a bit of potential. Any that had sacred gears were taken in with the best training, but some like Raynare hid that they had any.

"Baraqiel I have a favor to ask you. Can you let her stay with you? Two sacred gear users will be better for us. Raynare when you feel you can accept the other two sacred gears just tell me."

Baraqiel thought of it, but he looked at Raynare who was looking up to him with hope. He would hate to break the hope of a child and he relented.

"Fine, I will take her with me, but the final say is up to Shuri."

Kurayami was fine with that.

"Fine with me. I will go around to explore. Raynare, Akeno want to come with me?"

Both girls went along with him, but Akeno still held his hand. Akeno was pouting as they walked so Kurayami was dong his best to conform to her. As for Raynare, she did not belive Akeno was is his twin. She was too, emotional. Compared to the cold  Kurayami she was too different. 

"Are you sure you are his twin?" 

Akeno pouted. 

"Yes, I am. I am his little sister." 

Raynare looked at Kurayami who nodded. 

"She is." 

Raynare decided to belive it, but she was still curious about something related to herself. 

"How strong is my sacred gear? Do you know?" 

Kurayami explained what he knew about Vritra.

"Vritra is a dragon king, but he was one of the evil dragons. As such he was pretty strong. His soul was split into 6 sacred gears with one of them being yours. Azazel has two of them which could be yours, so very strong." 

Akeno looked at Raynare with squinted eyes. 

'Lucky.' 

As for Raynare, she thought about it as she wanted to be useful.

"Will I grow more wings in the future if I use it?"

He looked at her and shrugged.

"A sacred gear is like a catalyst. It makes humans stronger, but even more so for supernatural races. Of course, even more so if you have a strong lineage."

Akeno looked smug. 

"Our dad is Baraqiel so we are strong." 

Raynare thought of her dad. He only had three pairs of wings, but she heard stories from her dad that her grandfather had 8 pairs. His power was scary which her dad didn't get, but she did.

"I will tell you two who my grandfather is. I never met him, but dad said he was a great father to him." 

She had always wanted to meet him, but no one knew where he was. Now Kurayami and Akeno had their interest peaked.

"Who is it?"

Akeno nodded. 

"Tell us please." 

She whispered in their ear. 

"Azrael."

Akeno and Kurayami both had their eyes go wide. Even Kurayami felt shocked. 

"The Angel of Death? He is your grandfather." 

He was the only Fallen to ever reach the Superclass like Sirzechs and Ajuka. 

She nodded.

"He was cast out long ago, but he is not in Grigori. Dad said that at the start of the war he fought for heaven, but mid-way he fell and joined Grigori. Now, some say he is on Cocytus or Tartarus. I don't know."

Akeno was a little scared so she hid behind Kurayami. 

"I heard he was a scary man." 

Kurayami looked at Raynare with squinted eyes that made her nervous. 

"What?" 

"Hey. You don't bite when you sleep right?"

Akeno knew why he asked that so she pulled on his sleeve. 

"Don't." 

Raynare thought that was weird.

"No. Why would I?"

Kurayami glanced at Akeno and told the reason. 

"Akeno bites me at night. The number of times I wake up to her trying to rip off a chunk of me is more than I can count."

Akeno covered her face in his shirt in shame.  Raynare began to laugh a little at him.

"Does it hurt?"

He pulled back his collar to show his most recent bite. Raynare thought they were little bites, but it looks like she was determined to eat him. She looked at Akeno with wariness in her gaze. 

"Are you a cannible?" 

Akeno shook her head. 

"NO! I just get vivid eating dreams and brother ended up a bit." 

Kurauami patted her head, but he was not going to sleep with her anymore. 

"I don't plan to sleep in the same room as her. I will end up with a chunk of me gone. Well, I think there is nothing more to see. Let's just go back."

She followed him until they returned to the lab. Baraqiel was deep in thought over something else. He wanted to explain what his night activities were, but at the same time, he did not want to go too into it. What if he told his hobby to his friends, that was the last thing he needed. Kurayami tapped him on his arm to get him to look at him.

"I think we should go back home. I don't want to leave mom alone for too long."

Azazel nodded.

"I have some trustworthy guards around her. I can guarantee I will not let a single thing happen to her. Now go and see her."

Baraqiel nodded and he opened up a teleport circle under him. It was better to get home quick which was one good thing about magic. It made travel so much easier.

8