Payment, a ‘Lie’
520 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they returned to the camp, Tsunade and Jiraiya both looked at Dante, then at Orochimaru who gave a firm nod.

Turning around both Tsunade and Orochimaru kissed Dante's cheeks, causing him to pump his arms into the air. ''Hell yeah!''

Jiraiya seemed upset, and even only slightly sick as he looked down at the man's still naked body before he spoke. ''Let's get him some clothes... Come on, I think some of mine will fit you.''

Jiraiya lead him to his tent, no talk being made between them as he wasn't able to find anything in the man's size. He stood only a few inches shorter than Dante, but it was the area around the chest, shoulders, and arms that had a problem.

Dante didn't even hesitate to take one of the large robe like clothes and rip the arms off, which allowed him to slide his arms through easier, tieing it firmly to his waist he chose a pair of baggy pants he didn't know the name of. Once he got them on he gave a few stretches before nodding. ''Thanks, dude, see you on the flip side.'' Dante gave him a thumbs up, only to leave Jiraiya in his tent, jaw clenched.

As he exited the tent with clothes, both Tsunade and Orochimaru nodded to him before they began to move to gather their things.

Sounding like a demon growl, Dante's stomach roared in protest of his hunger, leading Orochimaru to give him a few rations since they had more to give due to the deaths they suffered, soon Jiraiya and a few Jonin joined them as well. ''Alright, we need to move quickly, the stasis scroll can only last so long, let's move.''

Orochimaru took off first, jumping into the trees as she began to move quickly followed by the others.

Dante looked up at them as they jumped through trees. ''That's pretty cool... I wonder?''

Dante jumped into the air, landing on a branch it began to crack beneath the force of his landing before he jumped to the next one, another crack.

It took him all but a few more jumps before he began to learn how lightly he needed to move through the tree's.

And only a few minutes to get to the point he could keep up with them moving at their fastest, while he was keeping a leisurely pace.

Chewing on the dried meat as they traveled Orochimaru spoke up.

''So... Dante, you said you were a hired Mercenary, but the three of us would've been warned if someone of your skill was going to show up on the front line.''

''I did say Hired, but I never lied, I simply said 'Hired Merc'.''

Jiraiya sneered at that. ''And that means what?''

Orochimaru scoffed, once more bothered by the immaturity of her own teammate. ''It means he wasn't hired by someone else.''

Dante grinned at that, shaking his head. ''Wrong, I was hired by the three of you.''

Tsunade raised a brow. ''How? I don't remember paying for any services.''

''Well, at that time, you didn't. But the moment you seen me punch Hanzo, you had already hired me in your minds.''

Jiraiya looked furious at the simple meaning, Orochimaru going far enough to laugh out loud in a sultry tone as Tsunade simply chuckled, shaking her head.

She couldn't argue, because that's exactly what had happened... At least to her.

''He definitely has the strength to show for it, and all we paid was a kiss on the cheek.''

Dante kept his smile, retorting without hesitation. ''You should see what I can do with a proper date and a kiss on the lips.''

Tsunade blushed only slightly, keeping her face forward so as to not let the others notice, while Orochimaru took that bait immediately. ''I just might... Are you saying you're single?''

''I am, for now.'' A simple wink was enough to send Jiraiya over the edge. How was this asshole making it so easy to flirt with two of his own teammates, the two he had been trying to hit on for YEARS?!'

''Alright, stop flirting! We need to focus on getting to the village.''

''Then move faster, you're the slowest one here,'' Dante said, there was no hostility in his voice, he was simply pointing out the facts.

''I'm still wounded from fighting Hanzo, I can't move as fast as I want!''

Dante frowned a bit before he turned to look behind him towards Jiraiya. Speaking incredibly bluntly. 

''Excuses do not make up a man, only action and truth. The only thing injured here is your self-esteem, do not push it onto your skills.''

''Not everyone can open a fucking gate to be physically ahead of others!'' Spat Jiraiya.

That made everyone raise a brow... Why did the man lash out like that, and furthermore... Was he stupid?

''Jiraiya, I say this as your teammate... Shut up, even IF he was using the gates, and was showing any of the very CLEAR signs of someone using said gates. That means he has kept them open for nearly a whole day... Without chakra larger than a chil-...''

Orochimaru's gaze shifted over to look at Dante, his chakra was large again, it was still a child but now it was near the age of someone around 5-6, it was a normal civilian's chakra level, but still... It was growing quickly.


 

Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

23