2. Is It Wrong To Talk Casually With A Dragon?
673 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

".. Well this is certainly interesting.." I said while mentally sweating.

{Hello there, little one. Can you hear me?} I suddenly heard a voice inside my head. I know instinctively it's not Aibo's voice and I knew a little about who might be the owner of the voice..

<Confirm. Calculating Possible Danger Level.. Unknown>

'Oi! Oi! Oi! How dangerous is the being in front of me?!' I thought but before I could continue my train of thought I was cut off by the same voice in my mind.

{Ahem! You can hear me, can you not? If you can respond to me!} The voice got stern with bits of loneliness in it.

"Uh.. Hello?" I said timidly. I do not know what truly is in front of me as Aibo could not even Analysed it.

{There you go, little one. You got quite the intelligence and ignorance to try and even approach me} The voice said. It sounded quite amused and surprised by me. I'm not sure how I should react so I just acted with how I think it's the best course of action..?

"Um.. Thanks?" I said then the voice just went silent. I was worried about something might happen but suddenly.

{Heh-Heh-Heh..Heh..Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha} It started laughing out of a sudden surprising me.

{To think I was thanked by you! I thought you were just a fool, turns out you just can't see me!} The voice said while occasionally laughing.

"Eh..yeah" I only 'nodded' agreeing with the voice. I couldn't really see anything and Aibo seems to be silence as well. I tried to call out to Aibo but it didn't respond in anyway.

{It has been more than 300 years since anything approaches here in my domain. But you can..} The voice suddenly got into deep thinking.

{That's it! You were born from my leaking Magicules creating a being of pure magicules and sentience!} The voice suddenly said. It seemed to hold a high pride to itself.

"So.. you're kinda like a Source of the Magicules around here?" I asked the voice. This question has been bugging me for quite a while and because my time perception is kinda broken because I can't see, I don't really know how long have I been here.

{Hmm.. You can say that yes. I lack the ability to produce offsprings. But that is because.. I am perfect! I do not need to produce an offspring because I am part of the Dragon race! One of the True Dragons.. I am known as Veldora, The Storm Dragon! I have Infinite lifespans and as long as my 'Will" stays intact, I shall ever be alive! Ah-Ah-Ha-Ha-Ha} The voice.. known as Veldora now said his speech about how great he is with much pride. It is kinda getting annoying really.

"Eh.. that's nice to know.. well then I will catch you later, bye-" As I was about to go away from this place Veldora suddenly said loudly into my mind.

{Halt! I have told you about myself, don't you think it is accustomed that you should tell me about yourself?}

"Eh-" Just as I was about to whine suddenly Aibo said to me.

<Confirm. User should duck down> 

Without much thought I immediately lower myself down a little down to the ground. Then when I want to ask why is it to Aibo, Veldora suddenly said.

{Wait first, little one. A slime suddenly was shot towards myself} Veldora said. It's kinda a weird situation by itself before this but after the slime shot up to Veldora it certainly will be weirder.. I have that feeling.

{Can you hear me, Little Slime?} Veldora started trying to communicate with the slime he said was shot towards him. But the Slime was silent. It didn't gave any audible response.

"Maybe it can't hear you?" I said to Veldora.

{Impossible. I know it can hear me! Hello! You can hear me, can you not? Respond to me!} Veldora said once again to the Slime but this time he did get a result.. just not a good one.

"Shut up, baldy!" I suddenly heard another unfamiliar voice inside my head. The Slime called Veldora bald which is brave..

{Oh-ho! You dare to call me bald! Rather.. you have quite the nerve packed into your little gelatin body, no? I had hoped to give you quite the impression because you are a rare guest in quite a while, but it seems like you are in a hurry to die!} Veldora sound amused and angry at the same time. I had the feeling that the Slime couldn't even see Veldora. But I just stayed silent the whole time.

"Eh?! I'm sorry! I didn't know how to reply to you! So I just said the first thing that came to my mind! I'm really sorry about that! Besides I can't really see anything, so I didn't even know how you look like!" The Slime said in panic. The apology it said was truly genuine. But I think it is still rude to call a person you just met 'bald'..

{Heh-Heh-Heh.. Eh-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!} Veldora laughed heartily once again.

{How fascinating! I had predicted how you will react upon seeing me, but just like the other one you could not even see!} Veldora said. 

"Other one?" The Slime seemed confused about who Veldora is talking about then I decided to join in.

"He probably meant me" I said suddenly.

{Ah- there you are, Little One!} Veldora said to me still calling me 'Little One'

"Is the Slime really fascinating, Veldora?" I asked Veldora about the slime and why it was fascinating.

"Yeah, Why am I so fascinating in your eyes? Is it because I could talk to you or anything else? To be honest I don't really know anything" The Slime added.

{How can I not? Most Slimes are low level monsters, incapable of conscious thoughts as they run through the cycle of absorption, division, and regeneration. It is a rare one that ever leave it's habitats} Veldora explained to us. But before we could talk he starts talking again.

{And you. Most of your species are just a small and low level monsters that is not even a monsters because of how harmless your species is. Your species is like slimes, incapable of a conscious thought while they just run through a cycle of multiplication. It is almost impossible to see a giant one} Veldora explained about me. But one thing still bothered me..

"What exactly am I?" I asked Veldora this question. Now or later I will ask this anyway so now is the best time to ask about it.

{Hmm.. you are one of the most common species. The 'Magicule Spirit', though you are called a 'Spirit' you are just a low level spirit, so low that you are barely a spirit} 

'Barely a spirit, eh.. I sounded very weak..' I thought in my mind. I am kinda depressed that I'm probably the weakest here but, hey! life is never easy.

<Agreed> Aibo suddenly said which kinda ticks me off a lot but I calmed myself down.

{You both had aroused my curiousity, by the way you slammed into my body and the way you just floated here. You both astonish me. Are you perhaps a named monster? Or maybe perhaps an Unique?} Veldora asked us a question which we do not understand at all.. 

'Named? Unique? What the hell..' I thought inside my mind. 

"A what? And a what? Sorry.. I don't get what you mean. I've only been alive here for 90 days..." The Slime said. 

"Agreed. I do not understand what do you mean by a 'Named' and 'Unique'. I have only been here for an unknown amount of time but I can tell you it's not long enough to make me knowledgeable about this stuffs" I said to Veldora. I maybe could know what a 'Unique' is but a 'Named'.. what even does that mean?

{Hmm.. I suppose with your sentience, you were never destined to be a low level monster.. 'Named' monsters are those who have been assigned an exclusive name. But only ninety days and you Little Spirit I could tell only have been here for around 10-12 days? Impossible. Are you both perhaps a rare 'Unique' then?}

"What is a 'Unique'..?" I asked again. 

{A 'Unique' monster is an individual who has suddenly attained unusual abilities, akin to mutation. They are occasionally born in areas with high magical concentrations.. Perhaps you both were born from the mass of magicules that leaked out of me} Veldora explained. The 'Unique' monsters are more like a failed evolutionary line that went back to it's ancestor after some times.

"Oh.. so you're like our dad?" The Slime asked.

{No, not your parents by blood! I have no use of any reproductive ability to speak of..} Veldora answered the Slime's question. I could kinda predict what Veldora is going to say next. He probably going to say how he was very powerful and doesn't need any reproductive abillity.

{As I told you, then, I lack the ability to produce offspring. The reason is

simple… Because I do not need to. I am of the dragon race—one of only four

in the world, both unique and the most perfect of my kind. You will hereby

know me as Veldora, the Storm Dragon! My life span is infinite, my flesh unfathomable! As long as my will remains intact, I shall be ever alive Ahhhhh-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!} Veldora said with full pride moments. I was kind of right in my prediction. 

'Well he is kinda easy to predict..' I thought while mentally sighing. As what he said he is probably just some sort of a 'too' powerful creature or maybe just an overconfident person but other than that, I think he is just acting polite for formality. I can't sense any hostile tone. But I really still need to be careful.

"W-wow, really? Thanks for the handy guidance, sir! Guess I better be on my way-" The Slime tried to run away but was cut off by Veldora.

{Halt. You both still haven't told me about yourselves don't you? Haven't you learn any manners?} Veldora halted the Slime's escape route.

'Well.. let's just hope I don't get called crazy' I thought while sighing.

24