6. Outside Felt.. Nice?
387 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's been months isn't it..?" I looked up to the sky and saw a ball of flaming hot nuclear reactor shining hot and bright giving this planet light and warmth it needed.. It was the sun.

"No joke! I felt I was a vampire when coming out of the dark cave!" Rimuru said jokingly. We both laughed for a bit and continued our journey outside. The outside of the cave as Aibo ever said was a giant forest. It honestly was pretty refreshing to see the forest of green surrounding us.

We then entered the dense forest and it all felt dim again as the forest was thick enough to block most of the lights. So we decides to climb up a hill where the sun shines through. After climbing up we say some kind of a strange pattern carved into the hill.

"Woah! Looked like a satan ritual!" Rimuru said half jokingly.

"Hmm.. Maybe those adventures were the one who made it?" I gave my opinion on it.

"Might be." Rimuru agreed on my simple opinion of it. 

"Well it doesn't matter let's get away from here" Rimuru said. Hmm.. I guess.

"Yeah let's avoid danger" I agreed with Rimuru. Then as per Rimuru's request we got away from there.

.

"The sun has started to set.." I looked of towards the distance over a huge hill. The sun was starting to set already, the sky is colored with red and orange hue. It was a beautiful scene as one could see it.

"At this time people usually prep for dinner" Rimuru said reminiscing the past. 

"Hahaha! That's true, but we don't have such luxury here. We also don't need to eat after all.." I said missing a piece of me when I found out I couldn't really eat anything like this. I could only absorb magicules to restore myself.

"Yeah.. even If I ate the meaningless gesture and lack of taste just made it empty.." Rimuru said with a tinge of sadness.

"Well let's get going" I said leaving the place first. Rimuru stared at the distance a little bit more then also left with me.

.

After that nothing major happens, we are just testing our Skills and messing around. There is this one time where a pack of wolves suddenly intrude our fun but a little scaring techniques work wonders. It was quite pathetic. But they really looked frightened. O wonder why?

But to be fair after a fair amount of time we were outside no other interference came other than those wolves. We looked around to see nothing other than trees and bushes..

"At least I have someone to talk to.." I muttered to myself. Rimuru didn't seem to heard it so I kept it to myself.

<Confirm. Detecting a group of monsters approaching.. Chance of Winning Fight 100%>

Hmm? So they are pretty weak. Well let's just see what they are doing. I looked at Rimuru and he also already detected them coming so we just waited.

Then shortly after they showed up. They have flimsy bodies, plain and crude equipments and a frightened look. Their face held little to no intelligence. It took us only a second to realise that they are.. Goblins.

As they surround us with their rusty swords, wooden shields, stone axes and wood bows the goblins' leader stepped forward and opened his mouth.

"Grah! Strong Ones.. What business you have here?" Hmm..? Is the goblins just talking human language or the skill Magic Sense is just translating me all this? Anyhow this is good sign. That means they are the slightly more intelligent than I thought. And 'Strong Ones'? I mean Aibo's prediction of my winning chance is 100% so I think it's some sort of right for them.

Rimuru gave them a quick look over and frantically have a look of relief. He probably realised they are quite intelligent so that we can communicate with them.

"Good to meet you, I guess? My name is Rimuru. I'm a Slime." Rimuru just introduced himself simply while I followed suit.

"Nice to meet you all as well. My name is August. As you can see I'm a Magicule Spirit" I also introduced myself just simple. 

"G-garrh! Strong ones! We, we see mighty power of you. Please! Quiet the

voice of you!" The leader said in fear. The goblins were practically frightened for their dear life.

"See, Rimuru. I told you our voice were still too loud for normal conversation!" I said to Rimuru with Telepathy. Rimuru only gave me a quick glance before sighing in defeat. But I we already made them frightened so I think an apology should be given.

"I see. I am sorry about our voice. We haven't got used to using our voice. Hope you will forgive us" I apologised for scaring them.

"We, we need no apology from such great form of you!" I guess it works? 

"So what did you need from us? We don't really have business here" Rimuru continued the conversation.

"I see. Village of us is ahead. We felt strong monsters nearby and we came to patrol.." The leader of the goblins said. I looked at him in a confused manner.

'Are we really that dangerous though? I mean we are one of the lowest type of monsters slime and a literal clump of magicules?' I thought to myself.

"So that means the strong monsters are.." 

"Us?" Rimuru completed my question for them.

"G-gaah! Grah-gah-gah! Such joking! Who again could it be!" They really are serious about it.. It seems a little too serious.

And so we talked a bit more and they invited us to their own village. We of course accepted the kind invitation because even if they look scraggy, they are kinder than most of the people in my days.

So along the way, we heard a few small talks between the goblins. They are saying that their 'God' had recently disappeared and the monsters here have been acting up and some powerful adventurers which they called 'Powerful Ones' have been invading the forest.

And talking with them also came with a benefit of improving our knowledge of the languages here.

.

We have arrived at their supposed village.. and I must say.. they tried their best. They lead us towards the most structurally stable building. It looked more of a tent rather than a building. The woods are rotting here and there with a few holes around. I think even my old small apartment is still cleaner than this. 

"I am sorry to keep you waiting, honoured guests" The leader of the patrolling goblins entered with another goblin besides him.

"Oh, no need for that" Rimuru flashed a friendly smile somehow on his slime body. It looked more of a salesman's smile.

"Do not worry about such a thing, we haven't waited for long" I also said in a professional manner. After all I'm still a prestigious teacher in my past life. A simple manner of professional kindness can make a conversations go smoother. I think they wanted to ask us a favour for all I could see.

<Confirm. User may be right about it>

'See even Aibo agrees with me' I thought being proud to myself.

"I apologize we can't give you anymore hospitality" He then brought us something. It resembles a tea but with more pale in color. 

"I am the elder of this village" Hmmm.. made sense he looked very old and wise. He really resembles those old elders of a poor villages. Because I cannot really drink or eat I just let the cup sits there.

"So to what do I owe the favour?" Rimuru just go straight to the point. 

"What made you decide to invite us to your village?" I asked with a piercing stare. They might be playing kind and good but there is no telling the fact what they might hid from us.

Both of them visibly shivered but steeled their resolve and started to opened their mouths to talk about their problems.

"You have heard, I trust, that the monsters have been more active around

here as of late?"

"Indeed we have heard about it" I nodded.

"Our god has protected the peace in this land for generations, but about a

month ago, he hid himself from us. That has allowed the nearby monsters to

start meddling with our lands once more. We do not wish to let this continue,

so we have fought back…but from a raw-power perspective, we face an

uphill climb." Hmm? Is he talking about Veldora? Hmm from the timing of our arrival and Veldora's escape plan it should be around one month already. Then their God is probably Veldora indeed.

"We understand you well enough.." Rimuru said but I just continued it.

"But I do not know if any of us could be a huge help for you. We are just low tier monsters after all.." Well it's half true. We still do not know how our power scaled with the real powers here. So I just gave a half and half answer.

"Grah-ha-ha! Trust me there is no need for modesty. For a low tier monsters to emit that much mystical force! I cannot image why you are taking that form of yours.. but you do have an assigned name yes..?" The goblin elder said something about a mystical force. 

<Confirm. User should check yourself with Magic Sense> Then I do as Aibo said and I see something surprising.. I saw the mystical force the elder was talking about. Or more spesifically Rimuru's mystical force running rampant. Even though both of our mystical force is almost equally big but mine was calm like a flowing water. 

Well it seems like we have found the reasons why the monsters in the forest tend to avoid us eh? Well we basically intimidated everyone with our aura alone. Well I felt quite sorry for them now.

"Hee-hee-hee. Impressive, elder. You noticed?" I suddenly heard Rimuru said with a creepy laugh. It ticks me off for a reason so I just slapped him with a low power [Blast].

He then flatten for a bit then recovered back and glared at me. The elder was quite surprised from the scene.

"I am sorry for his behaviour. But I suppose you wanted us to help your village thrive am I right?" I just go straight to the point of the conversation.

.

So here is a quick rundown of what they said to us. So basically some newcomers monsters were coming from the east. And they attacked to seize the land for themselves. And the area they attacked were the villages of the goblins resulting in many deaths even named ones. One of the named goblins was the guardian of this village. Most of the other goblins had ran away on their own leaving only this village. The elder had tried to reasons with the enemies leader but were brushed away. 

"I see. So how many of you are in this village that is ready to battle?" Rimuru asked with a serious voice.

"We have approximately one hundred residents and with counting the womenfolk approximately 60 are ready to fight" They are surprisingly smart. They kept track of their residents and warriors which meant they have a functioning society.

"And so, what are the enemies and how many are them?" I asked them again. This could calculate the odds easily. 

"The enemies are direwolves. We believe they have a wolf-like appearances. Under a fair fight ten of us would only gave a fair fight to one of them. And based on our information there are hundreds of them" The elder said. 

'What kind of difficulty are they playing?' I thought in my mind. With them alone the odds of them winning is almost impossible. But if we got involved how much is their winning chances, Aibo?

<Confirm.. Calculating Winning Chances.. Result: 80%> 

Hmm? 80% is a good chance for us. But that doesn't mean we are going to help them immediately. After all nothing was ever free in this world.

"So these goblin fighters took them on in such small numbers, even

though they knew they couldn't win?"

Rimuru asked them.

"…No. This information I told you… Those fighters risked their lives to

obtain it." Oof touched a sensitive topic here. Apparently the one that lost their lives in that battle one of them was the Elder's son and the patrol leader's older brother. Its sad but tears won't do anything here.

"I understand, but let's get this straight" I said with a serious tone. They all immediately focused on me.

"What can you give to us..?"

.

.

.

Author Notes: Well this is it for the chapter. I guess you guys already knew what they are going to offer but I think this is just a great place to end the chapter. So have a great day and peace!

15