7. The Goblin and The Wolves
483 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What can you give to us..?" I asked them a simple question. We probably could just slam the entire enemy to the ground but even if we did we couldn't just do it for free.

"We shall give you our allegiance! Please grant us your guardianships! If you do we will swear our loyalty to you!" They bowed down while begging. What a pathetic sight to see, yet I understood their struggles.

'What should we do, August' I heard Rimuru asking me in Telepathy. I looked at them with a stern look and declared..

"We shall accept your proposal! Shall you ever betray our trusts I, myself shall personally massacre all of you, understood?!" I said scaring them. It basically just a bluff to make them scared. Trust is a beautiful yet dangerous thing to have. One might betray your trust and you could fall to the bottom. The two goblins immediately kneeled to the ground while bowing their heads. 

"'We understood, Guardian-sama!"' They both declared loudly full of spirits again. The elder seems to have regain his youthful spirit. 

.

"So what is our condition right now?" I asked them the details. They both nodded at my quick work.

"Right now as we said before we had around 60 warriors ready to fight.." The elder's son explained.

"But isn't there a fight before right? Was there any wounded survivor?" I asked them. 

"There are around a dozen of severely wounded warriors that could not fight.." The elder said.

"I could heal them!" Rimuru suddenly said. We all looked at him while I raised my imaginary eyebrow at him.

"How can you do that?" I asked him about it and he suddenly popped something out from his 'stomach'.

"What is this..?" I held a little vial filled with a yellow liquid inside of it. It looked like the little lab vial that usually store dangerous chemicals..

"That is a potion, y'know. I ate a lot of Hipokute Herbs and created those potions with the help of Great Sage" Rimuru explained. I got the idea of it but one thing is my question..

"How potent is it?" I basically wanted to know about how potent it is or how grave of a wound it could heal.

"It could heal even tore limbs and severe wounds" Rimuru said seriously. He sounded confident in it. So I will just trust him on it. I've done too many things alone back then but now I'll learn to rely on others.

"I'll trust you, Rimuru! Treat them, even if they won't add much, we will took responsibility for them!" I said to Rimuru and he only nodded in response.

"Show me the way!" Rimuru said to the elder's son and he immediately complies and moved fast.

"Elder, I will need you to gather all the warriors outside. I will see the condition myself." I said to him. 

"Of course, Guardian-sama!" He immediately moved to gather all the warriors outside. I stayed inside for a bit to gather all my thoughts.

'Can I lead them to victory?' I thought to myself.

'Can I really became their saviour?' I am not doubting myself. But I am just questioning my future. What is fated can be avoided but what is destined to be could not.

'I will always save them. Doesn't matter who it is. I will always save them!' I repeated something that I ever said in the past. It is my vow to protect what I promise to protect..

"Guardian-sama, I have gathered them" I heard the voice of the elder behind me. I looked at him and nodded. We then both head out to meet the warriors that will fight to protect their village.

.

Flimsy, weak, and ragged. That is three words to describe their conditions. This all are the most capable warriors in the village. I looked around but all I can see are just elderly and children. The children looked innocent and pure. They did not understand the incoming doom that they will soon realise.

The warriors and elderlies of the village had been staring at me. They looked at me as if I was their new God or something. The pressure is huge yet I didn't stutter a bit.

"Do any of you know the situation we're in?" I said in a serious tone. They all didn't even hesitate and answered.

"'YES, SIR!"' They all shouted at the same time. I nodded at their willpower to not kneel down even at the hardest of times.

"What are we preparing for?" I asked them again. But now only one goblin answered. It was the elder's son that was the leader of the warriors.

"We are preparing for a life and death battle!" He answered loud and clear. He was clearly angry at the wolves. He wanted his revenge on his fallen brethrens. The goblins around him also felt the same way. They had lost their families, their friends, their guardian and will even lost their home and lives if me and Rimuru did not come here.

"Are you scared?!" I asked them again with a serious tone and a louder voice. They all didn't hesitate once again and said.

"'NO!"' That is what they said. But their bodies are betraying themselves. They are shaking, they all are visibly shaking. The pressure of the lives of their own and their brethren pours down heavy on them.

"No need to get nervous! We will assist all of you! I promise you no one will even get a single scratch from the battle!" I said to them to lighten their nervousness. It works a little but they were still visibly nervous about it.

'They have great fighting spirits, their will to live are simply amazing. Might as well start now..' And so I gave my orders to them and soon Rimuru also joined and with all of our efforts we soon will achieve our victory. A small action from us will be their stepping stones to their success.

.

It was soon night. I looked up towards the night sky and saw a familiar scene I saw back then. The only differences are it were silent and tonight is a full moon. We had worked to made spiked fences, watchtowers and construct simple bows and arrows. 

Then as we watched the forest and the plains from behind the fences we slowly see the wolves started to gather one by one. When all of them are standing proud with their pride held higher than even the clouds. Another wolf walked pridefully to the middle of the pack without any stagger.

"All right stop where you are, okay?" Rimuru said to the wolves. 

"If all of you turn back now, we won't do anything to you afterwards. So scram!" I said in annoyance. Their looks just kinda annoys me. The look of pride who looks at other lower than themselves.

<Flashback>

"Hmmm.. I think we should let them scouts the surroundings to see our terrain and how we could actually use them to our advantages." Rimuru suggested to me. I nodded at his suggestion. It was a pretty good idea in general.

"Should we build fences and traps?" I asked Rimuru. He nodded in agreement.

"I could make the traps, I have the skills for it!" He said which made it easier. It should guarantee no one getting hurt.

"Then I will lead the constructions of watchtowers and fences. Let's move!" We then moved on to continue our plans. 

"Elder, gather the capable workers to help!" I told the elder to gather the goblins willing and capable to work. The Elder immediately ran to gather them all up.

"You!" I pointed at the Elder's son. He immediately looked at me waiting for orders.

"Gather some warriors, just bring a few. We will scout the area" I said while floating over to him. 

"I will go with you guys" 

The rest was pretty smooth. Me and the scouting group found some interesting lead. But before we went scouting, I learned to hid my aura well so I won't get noticed. I also learned that I could cast [Camouflage] at other living things.

I also taught them the simple anatomy of the wolves and taught them how to mask off their scents using fruits, mud, or even using blood of other dead monsters.

Me and Aibo could predict their movements as no matter how strong and intelligent they are. They are still animals, they move by instinct and purely for satisfactions. We found them moving on the way, calculate how much are them, and their sizes and rough power scalings. After that we just went back before midnight and got ready to fight.  

.

We have prepared quite a bit for them. I mean, if we just straight up fight them we will probably be fine. But I promised to protect the goblins behind me. 

"SUCH IMPUDENCE!" I was a little surprised when I heard a loud voice talking. I looked at the source of voice which was the voice from the leader of the Direwolves. 

"WE WILL SHRED YOU TO PIECES!" As he said that a few of the wolves lunged forward ready to attack.

[Combo Skill: Jet Air] I calmly used my skills. Then instantly the heads of the attacking wolves were already detached from their bodies before they even realised it. That is something I completely made up for cool naming sense. But what I really done was to use [Super Vibrations] on the air and cover them with more and more magicules then use [Blast] to create high speed air cutter.

'Woah! That's cool!' I heard Rimuru said with Telepathy. I only chuckled as his response was almost the same when we would do some cool stuffs with physics. 

I looked back at the wolves leader and saw him having a shocked expression on his face. He was in disbelief that we could fend them off. It's really prideful of him to think he could win against two former humans in a monster form. Then without much any warnings more wolves suddenly ran forward lunging towards us.

But surprisingly they aren't targeting me and Rimuru. They are targeting the Goblins. They jumped towards the Goblins ignoring us but what they didn't know is..

"Arf?!!" All of them suddenly stopped mid-air couldn't move like they were frozen.

"[Sticky Thread!]" Rimuru has placed Sticky threads all around the area to catch some pesky wolves. They were trapped like insects on a spider web.

We looked at the wolves leader dead set in the eyes. He was shocked at how his plans had failed. His expectations were destroyed. His pack was beginning to fall into disarray. They were clearly outclassed. But then suddenly the look in the leader's eyes changed. It suddenly changed into anger. And at that moment he charged in. The leader itself.

He ran faster than all of the previous wolves. He dodged most of the sticky threads on the front with a grin on his face. Then when he is in range he grinned thinking he had achieved victory. But he was far than that, instead he suddenly fell down to the ground limp without any sign of life left from it's eyes.

There is no trace of wounds, or even movements. There was no sound nor disruption. But what had happened? The answer is simple.

"[Blast -Internal-]" With medium blast and good enough magicules control I could just blast some magicules into their internal organs and rupture them from the inside.

Then the surroundings went silent. The silent lasted not even minutes yet it felt like hours. The dead body of the leader was laid down in front of us. It was an easy and dominant victory. The wolves looked wary and disoriented because their leader just died..

"Listen, Direwolves!" Rimuru gained their attention by increasing the output of our voices. 

"Your leader is dead! I will give you a chance to either submit to me or leave this place at once!" Rimuru continued giving his warnings but I just approached the corpse of the wolves' leader.

'[Copycat]' I touched his corpse directly to copy any Skills he actually had that could be useful for me.

<Information of Monster:

•Name --> Direwolf Boss (Alpha)

•Rank --> B-rank

•Intrinsic Skills --> [Thought Communications] [Coercion] [Keen Smell]>

'Hmm? [Thought Communications]? It seems to be really similar to [Telepathy].. Well let's take it!' I just decided immediately to copy [Thought Communications].

<Intrinsic Skill [Thought Communications].. Successfully Acquired> I heard Aibo said and I'm just nodding in satisfaction.

'Great! Now let's see what Rimuru decides to do' I thought whole moving back into the background and watching the whole ordeal. 

Rimuru blobbed forward and suddenly his body expanded and consumed the corpse of the wolves' boss. Then he transformed into the wolf itself and spoke to them loudly.

"Once, and only once, I will let this go unpunished. If you refuse to obey me, I bid you to leave here at once!!" Rimuru gave them a chance. I think that is enough to make them scared and scamper off. But then..

"'We Pledge Our Allegiances To You!"'

.

.

.

Author Notes: Sorry for the long time to write this chapter. It was due because of my schoolworks and other things. But it also because I'm thinking of writing another original Novel later. But I will see for later.

11