Chapter 3. The End And The Beginning. (IV)
13 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of Yod's helmet falling hits the floor. A cloud of dust hovered in the room, marking his last remains.

Ruan looked at his right palm as he felt the soldier's Energia flowing into his body.

The soldiers around Ruan were shocked. If last time it was by mistake, this time, there is no doubt. He did it on purpose. Distracted, they saw that Ruan's attention was not on them. Quickly, one of them started running out of the building. The rest immediately followed and fled for their lives while Ruan stood still, looking at his palm in disbelief.

"Grandpa's research worked... it really worked!" Ruan said to himself shocked and surprised. He breathed a sigh of relief as he slumped to a sitting position on the floor and smiled a big sigh of relief. "I can't believe it! All his effort and sacrifice... were not for nothing! He was right! His research was right!" he smiled and blushed as he caught his face in happiness and joy.

"Ha-ha-ha! ha-ha-ha-ha!" he laughed loudly and uncontrollably. "I can't believe it! He didn't fail! He didn't fail! Wow!" he declared drunk from enthusiasm.

But he immediately realized how much sadness there is in that presence.

"No... it shouldn't have been like this... the one who should have reaped the prize should have been him..." Ruan said in disbelief. He looked at his hands and the stone in his chest. "It shouldn't have been me... it should have been him...! It should have been him! What is such joy worth if I can't even share it with him, with the one who was the closest to me?!" he raged aloud, when sudden shock was revealed on his face. "Wait, grandpa... grandpa... he... he never knew that the research was completed! He died without knowing the answer! He never knew that what he had worked for all his life, against all odds, was a success!" Ruan grabbed his head in extreme frustration.

"It's not fair!!!" He yelled furiously as he sent a purple Energia punch into the floor of the lab tearing through the thick metal sheets it was made of. From his angry look, suddenly, his eyes opened wide as realization hit him.

"It's... all because of me... I was reckless... again!!!" Ruan screamed at himself as he curled angrily, grabbing the hair of his head with his fingers.

"If he hadn't tried to stop me! If I hadn't interfered! He trusted me! that's why he brought me with him! Always, since I was little, he would cover up my mistakes! And again! For the last time..." he realized in deep sorrow.

"Why... why is that it had to be like this... why..." he repeated to himself as anger rose in his body. "Why?!" he shouted while sending another punch to the floor. His face twitched in anger. "Why... why... why...! why...! why...! why!!!" Ruan screamed at the floor as he sends punch after punch into the pit that he had opened up on the lab floor.

Tears began to flow from his eyes. "Why isn't he here… why…" he cried in despair. "Why...?" he asked as he suddenly snapped.

"No... wait... no... it wasn't because of me..." Ruan understood with a frozen look. "It wasn't me who caused it... if he had more time... he would have succeeded... this shouldn't have happened... if the soldiers wouldn't have chased him... if the government wouldn't be looking for him... if society hadn't put so much pressure on him..." Ruan stated to himself. "It's all because of them... if only the mayor didn't make him a target... she…", he whispered as it clicked. "It's because of her. It's because of her... if she hadn't interfered, if she hadn't sabotaged and made his research difficult, he would be alive today...

Happy...

Celebrating his achievement with me... because she caused him enormous stress and fear that he won't complete his research, she made him finish it with an extreme experiment when his back was against the wall!” he raged fiercely.

Suddenly, a vision of his grandfather's corpse appeared before his eyes.

"It's her. It's all because of her." Realization seeped into him as his face contorted when unparalleled fury burnt him from the inside.

"They will pay for this… They will all pay for this... Each and every one of them will pay for this! I swear in all my might, they will pay it back! In blood!!!" Ruan shouted out when he stood up. His purple Energia surrounded him as his eyes glowed with a flaring purple rage.

---------------

Morning. Kali, Loy's mother, read Today's newspaper. She was surprised as she put it down on the table. "Horrible" she whispered to herself. The newspaper and the empty drink glass remained on the kitchen table.

Later that morning, Loy walked down the stairs from his room to the living room, getting ready to go out for school. He walked past the living room table and saw the headline on the main page which caught his attention. He opened his eyes in surprise.

In an electronics store in the nearby city of Nash, a special transmission was broadcast on TV. "After a sudden explosion in a factory far from the city, an unknown man with a purple diamond stone in his chest committed a heinous murder of over 100 people. There is suspicion of the identity of the accused but there is no definite information about it. After the murder, he managed to escape. The city of Saraf was evacuated of its inhabitants and they were scattered throughout the country. Now Captain Ariel will give an address to the incident. The broadcast is all yours." called the host and the focus switched to Ariel, one of the senior military captains.

"Thanks Phil. We have ordered all the cities near the city of Saraf to be on high alert. Reinforced military forces have already been sent to the nearby cities. If the person matching the description currently appearing on the screen is seen, call the number below the description and report it. We swear by all means. The despicable murderer will be caught and brought to justice trial." said the senior military Captain.

Loy read the news. A mass murder happened in Saraf city. "Such an act could only be committed by a man who has lost his mind," Loy thought to himself on his way to school.

In class, all the students in the class talked about what they heard on the news. About that man with a diamond stone in his chest.

Suddenly, a student in Loy's class, Dot, threw a sentence at Loy.

"Sounds a lot like you, monster!".

Loy was surprised. For a moment, he froze in place. But, quickly came to his senses. He didn't comment back and soon the lesson has started.

During the lesson, he thought about it. "is it true? Does he really like me..?" he asked himself. "It's not true... I know it's not... but for some reason when he said that, I couldn't help but suddenly see the similarities between us.." He thought with a dejected look.

--------------

A few days passed. The school bell rang signaling the start of the first lesson of the day as the students entered their classrooms. Loy entered the classroom and sat down in his usual chair. Outside the classroom, a new student.

The different feeling made her on high alert.

"What is this feeling...?" she asked herself, "There is something behind this door... that I have never felt before...".

The teacher entered the class first. "Good morning everyone," said Veta, the teacher. "Before we start our morning class, we have a new student to introduce to you. Students, this is Lin." she introduced.

When the door opened, Lin stepped in looking at the floor.

Dejected and disinterested to look at the students in the class, she seems an introverted, gentle and polite girl.

But, as she walked into the classroom, she felt the powerful feeling she felt before intensifying.

Increasing dozens of times over, raising more and more.

A good, warm, and unique feeling that she had never felt before.

"What is this feeling...?" she asked herself.

She felt compelled to look, as she raised her head in the direction of the feeling. In front of her sat Loy, looking at her with the excitement of a child in his eyes as a smile rose to his face.

Loy's gaze caught Lin's attention.

From a distance, they looked in each other's eyes.

Suddenly, just for a moment, it seemed to them that everything around them disappeared.

Just the two of them in a bright, white, and empty space, floating around as they are looking through the window of their eyes, into each other's soul.

0