Prologue: Chapter 4. The Spirits (IV)
11 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They were in a serious dilemma. But, eventually, curiosity toward a new and unknown future against the stability and boredom of the current peaceful reality, were the reasons for the downfall of humans." Said the man as he closed his hands to a fist.

"After all the years Millua took care of us in the best way possible... after he shared his power with us..." the tall person exclaimed in frustration as he continued to pace around the small room with his clenched fist. "After he fought for us!" he exclaimed with immense anger as he punched the table with force.

"He was betrayed by the humans he himself created!" he cried with tears in his eyes.

The humans chose to give Zed their power, and through their power, he changed reality for the worse.

With the help of humans Energia, Zed sealed Millua in a powerful box that he was unable to break, as most of his power resided in us humans. He used the power Millua provided us, against him.

The human's choice proved to be a mistake, as Zed's intentions were soon revealed.

"Obtain everything."

With Millua locked away, there was no one else who could stop Zed from achieving his dream. Right after Millua, he put humans on target. He wanted to take the Energia Millua had given us, forever.

With the remaining strength they had, humans fled. Despite what happened, Millua never stopped believing in us. Despite being locked up, he never stopped fighting back.

In order to keep him locked, Zed would have to constantly use his Energia to preserve the box that imprisoned him at any given moment.

Guarding and maintaining the box he created, Zed could not move from his place and pursue the humans.

So, with the extra Energia humans gave him, he created the "Spirits".

Creatures designed to take over the human body and take it back to Zed.

They would come in all shapes and sizes.

Huge snake-like creatures, bony bulls, giant spiders with a head of a dog, and more. Deformed creatures that the world has never seen before.

At first, humans didn't know how to fight them back. With sticks and stones, their attacks would not hurt the spirits, who would take control over more and more humans, taking them back to Zed. strengthening him more by any moment.

That was until they tried to use our inner Energia to fight them back.

Then, they understood. Zed knew exactly what he was doing. He knew exactly what he was after.

He wanted to take our Energia because he knew it was the only weapon left that could defeat him and his spirits.

When it's all said and done, humans realized that they were the ones who caused this, and only they are the ones who are able to fix it.

Therefore, as their descendants, we are the ones who must defeat Zed and the spirits.

Since then, for thousands of years, we are at a war with them. Without Millua and the fountain of everything, we had to find other ways to get what we wanted.

Agriculture. Building. Hunting. Everything.

Despite the disappearance of the spirits for thousands of years for unknown reasons, the war never ended. Because now, they are back.

But this time... it will be different. Because today we have something that we didn't have before." Said the mysterious person, closing the book that was lying on the table.

"Because today, we have you." The voice called out with a gleam in his eye, imbued with purpose and expectation.

On the cover of the book, there was a logo of a circle, and inside of it the letters A and L, one on top of the other.

"You are the only one who can defeat Zed and bring back Millua. You're the only one because... you're cursed.” The voice said with heavy seriousness.

"Your curse will be the reason you will always be alone and everyone will be afraid of you.

As you can see, they all already are.

But, you will have to push beyond that. You will have to train yourself with all your might... with the belief that one day... one day... you will be the one to defeat Zed and the spirits. Save Millua, thereby redeeming the entire human race from the fatal mistake of one person.

Loy... you are going to be the one, who is going to save the world." Said the figure looking into Loy's eyes.

Loy, a young boy of 6 years old, looks back at him with his big brown eyes, in astonishment and amazement that revealed his heart full of hope.

0