Chapter 5. New Arrival. (I)
9 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Loy and Lin looked at each other. Everything around them disappeared, they are floating in a blank space, as the words of the teacher Veta, interrupted the moment.

"Introduce yourself, Lin." the teacher asked.

Lin concentrated as she stood in front of the class. "Hello everyone, my name is Lin Hart. Nice to meet you all." she pleasantly said as she bowed forward.

"Thank you very much, Lin" the teacher continued. "Lin is a new student in our class. Lin comes from the city of Saraf,".

Surprised voices were heard from the students as Loy's eyes widened slightly in surprise. Although Saraf was located on the other side of the country, the event was so unusual that the news of what happened spread throughout the entire country in an instant.

"Everyone has heard the news about what happened there recently. I'm requesting you to respect the situation and show hypersensitivity. I am not asking but demanding that you all treat her in a nice and accepting way.", Veta said. "Lin, you will sit next to Nora. Please sit at your table".

Lin walked towards her desk as she looked up at Loy. Their eyes met again for a brief moment.

Dot, another student in the class - average height, brown eyes, with wild blond hair almost like his personality, was happy and excited. It was hard for him to hide his affection for Lin's appearance. Looking forward with a cocky smile, he waited for her to notice him, but in vain. Lin sat down at her shared table.

"Are you really from the city of Saraf? Did you see the man with the purple stone?" A question with excited curiosity was immediately shot at Lin from the girl who sat next to her.

Lin's eyes opened wide. Her gaze froze. Nora was so close to her that she could detect the uncontrollable trembling in her body. "I'm sorry!" Nora cried quickly.

Lin reset with a shake of her head and ignored her question. The class started, and for a few moments, Loy would look toward Lin, unable to control the childish smile on his face. He tried to catch her gaze again. He felt his heart begin to beat rapidly, seeking her attention. Suddenly, a loud voice was heard from inside of him.

"Snap out of it, you know anyway that sooner or later she will know. You have nothing to get your hopes up about her. You look pathetic." The voice mocked at him.

"Shut up." Loy answered back in a clear voice.

But his words had an effect on Loy as his mood dropped. He frustratedly leaned over his desk.

At the end of class, a horde of students stormed Lin with questions, who didn't know how to control the maddened crowd. This time was a good time for Loy to slip into the rooftop. Not that anyone besides Lin would have noticed anyway.

He watched the other students playing from the roof. He felt dejected. "In a certain place... I know he's right." He thought to himself disappointed. He looked up at the sky and blew a long breath as he closed his eyes. "Hey," a voice was heard behind him, which caught him by surprise.

He turned to see Lin standing there with a slight smile on her face. "I had to run away from there, they asked me so many questions I couldn't hear myself thinking." She laughed scratching her head. Her long brown hair is blowing in the open wind.

Fast transition to the classroom. A throng of students and among them Dot violently makes his way through. "Where did she go?!" he aggressively asked his gang. Two submissive boys.

One, Baj, chubby with black hair. His height was average, but he would appear shorter due to his weight.

The second, Toa, relatively tall and thin, also has black hair. Compared to Baj who had a round and dense face, he had an eagle nose and a mole on his cheek.

"How should I know?" Toa asked confused. Baj did not answer, being busy with his breakfast. "Let it be clear to you! She is mine! I saw her first!" Dot shouted at them all of a sudden. "Huh?" Baj asked confused, looking at the salami sandwich he had just unwrapped from its plastic wrap. "Concentrate you idiot!" Dot exclaimed as he slapped Baj's sandwich and knocked it to the floor. "Noooo!!!" Baj shouted heroically, his hand slowly reaching forward as he watched the sandwich drop in slow motion to the dirty floor. The sandwich hit the floor as pieces of salami fell out of it. Baj fell on his knees crying. Gloomy and depressed.

"Why would she even want someone like you? Slouch. All you care about is free food!" exclaimed Dot. "That's true..." Baj confirmed as he gathered the pieces of salami back into his sandwich. "Make it clear to everyone!" Dot threatened with his finger as he pointed it at Toa's throat. "No one dare to mess with her! Your job is to report to me anyone who even smells her way! Got it!?" Dot asked aggressively.

"She's yours! She's yours!" cried Toa threatened, throwing up his hands, still not understanding what was going on. Dot quickly disappeared from their sight and left the classroom to find her, excited and enthusiastic.

Baj and Toa wiped the cold sweat from their foreheads. "He's crazy!" Toa muttered to Baj. "Better with him than against him right?" Baj replied as he bit into his salami sandwich.

"Yeah… uh.." Toa hesitated, "Are you really eating that?" he asked disgusted. "I won't give up our relationship so easily." Baj replied with bravery as he kissed his sandwich affectionately.

Back in the rooftop, Lin is facing Loy.

0