Chapter 5. New Arrival. (II)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I assumed there would be no one up here so they wouldn't be able to find me... What are you doing here?" Lin asked with a smile.

Little did he know that the commotion was just an excuse for Lin to go looking for him. From the moment she walked into the classroom, she had been waiting for this moment, and she wasn't the type of girl to wait for him to make the first move.

Loy, in a slight shock, did not respond. The disbelief of the situation made him float in his thoughts.

"Uh… are you okay…?" Lin asked awkwardly. "I can go if you feel uncomfortable... I apologize." Lin said as she respectfully bowed forward and then turned towards the exit back to the school building.

When he regained his composure, he was startled to see the opportunity slip from his grasp. "No, don't go!" he shouted as he reached forward.

Lin stopped in her tracks and turned back to Loy again, confusion on her face.

Realizing that he had used a louder tone than he intended, he became even more stressed. He gathered his hand to his body. "Oh! I'm sorry! I... uh... I... I don't know what to say-" he stammered scratching his head with a wide, weird smile on his face.

 "Can I join you?" Lin asked with a dreamy smile.

"Yes. Yes!" he exclaimed happily as he got up from the floor and invited Lin to his side. Lin moved towards him and leaned against the edge of the building.

"Wow... what an amazing view." she said impressed, looking down on the tree-covered skyline of the town of Nash. "Yeah, it's beautiful, isn't it?" he replied. "Why are you here alone and not with the other student's downstairs?" she asked curiously.

Loy felt his heartbeat. He was stressed.

He didn't know how to answer the question, but he knew that he didn't want to share the real reason why he wasn't with the other students.

"Umm..." he mumbled as he thought aloud and scratched his head, "I was cold... I was looking for a warmer place… so I went up to the roof which is closer to the sun…" he explained smiling a stupid smile.

"The sun is so far from us that it doesn't matter if you get on the roof of the building or not." Lin laughed loudly.

"Yeah… I didn't think it through" he laughed along.

But what she didn't knew was that the reason students don't come near the school rooftop is Loy.

Normally, it was a very popular place among students. It is their nature in adolescence to explore everything. check every possible limit. For Loy, the place became like a second home.

"Do you live in Nash?" he asked. "No... I live in a small place next to this city, in a town called "Gillua" she answered.

"Gillua?!" Loy marveled, "I lived there all my life!" he exclaimed.

"And if you need anything, you can ask me. The town is small, so everyone is within walking distance from each other. I can help you with whatever you need." he continued excitedly. "That sounds great, I'd love to." Lin replied with a little smile.

"This is your first day at this school, right?" Loy asked Lin. "Yes." Lin answered with a wondering look. "What is this thing" she asked in amazement as she pointed to a huge stadium structure next to the school.

"I assumed you didn't have one of these. It's quite rare." he noted. "It's a professional Energia battle arena. Basically, it's not the school's property. However, we occasionally get permission to use as the school principal, Mr. Wotan knows the right people. Occasionally, I watch the fights on the training ground from here too. The roof is a good place. You can see almost everything that goes on from here." he said with a satisfied smiled.

Soon the bell rang which signaled they should go back to class from the short break.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself!" he recalled quickly, "My name is Loy Sofen! Nice to meet you!" he exclaimed as he bowed respectfully to Lin.

"No need to be so formal." she laughed in response. "Nice to meet you Loy, I'm Lin." she answered back with a smiling eyes and a nod.

0