Chapter 5. New Arrival. (III)
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin entered the classroom first, followed by Loy.

"Where did you disappear?" Shira asked her as she entered the classroom. The other students listened with interest to her answer. "I had to go to the bathroom" Lin laughed. Immediately after, she glanced towards Loy. He smiled back as he sat at his private desk.

The last series of lessons of the day began and soon ended as befits a short school day.

The students began to pack their things to get ready to go home.

"Hey Lin! Do you wanna hang out with us? We are going to city center." Offered Shira, with a pack of well-groomed girls behind her. "Come to think about it, where are you from?" she added to ask. "Gillua" Lin answered. "Gillua? What did you drop in a hole like that?" one of them asked in a condescending tone. "Don't be nasty Bertha," Sunny answered her bitterly. "We are not from there, but we can accompany you to the bus station that reaches there." she offered kindly.

"Thanks!" Lin replied, "But unfortunately I will have to decline. I have some business I need to sort out at school... new student affairs." she explained.

"Some other time then" Sunny said back. "Good luck!" Shira exclaimed as she left the classroom with her group. Lin waved them goodbye.

Dot was waiting in the corner of the room, by the door. He was steaming from pressure. He held his breath as he slowly approached Lin, planning his pickup line and the proposal to spend time together right after.

When he saw her radiant face, the sunlight illuminated her green eyes as she arranged her smooth hair behind her ear, at the last moment, he chickened out.

Shame filled him and he quickly ran away with it from the classroom. His gang follows him urgently, creating a great noise and mess behind them.

Lin looked towards the classroom door in confusion.

In the corner of the hallway, Dot's friends found him trying to catch his breath. "What is going on with you?" Toa laughed at him. "Shut your mouth!" Dot yelled back as he hit him on his head. "Ah!!!" Toa shouted in pain as he rubbed his hair, "Why did you do that?!"  he asked in anger. "Why do I get so stressed around her?!" Dot thought to himself.

"Don't run so fast..." panted Baj as he arrives late to the assembly. "It's been too long now... it will look weird if I re-enter the classroom like I'm looking for her. I mustn't give her the feeling that I want her so much or she won't want me back. The first rule of the art of seduction" Dot planned to himself.

 "Tomorrow... tomorrow I will ask her to go out with me. Tomorrow." he muttered to himself as he walked to the exit of the corridor into the schoolyard with his chest puffed out, proud as ever. His gang followed him as if they were his tail.

The rest of the students went home and only Lin and Loy remained in the classroom alone. As usual for Loy, who was used to being the last one to leave class at the end of the day. "Want to hang out together?" Lin suddenly asked him.

Loy blushed instantly. In addition to the sudden heat that had risen, he was confused and surprised.

"W... What... I… me?" he pointed at himself in shock, "There's no one else here." Lin laughed aloud. "I thought you said you had some plans to sort out... regarding new students or something..." he asked hesitant. "Kind of," Lin answered rolling her eyes, "getting to know the students in the class is also part of the duties of a new student also, isn't it?" she asked with a smile, "But I knew that if I told them that I was planning to hang out with you, they could make a story out of it. That's how it was from where I come from. But, I'm sure it works this way in every school."

"So, what do you say? Do you feel like it?" Lin asked politely. "Of course!" he shouted happily, reporting for the task immediately.

"So, what do you feel like doing?!" he asked enthusiastically, "We can go eat! Although... I don't have any money... "He muttered to himself as he emptied his pockets. He put his hand on his chin, thinking. "Umm... I don't really have anything to suggest that doesn't cost money… I can get you know Nash and all the interesting places in it… Or Gillua…" he wondered out loud.

"What about yourself?" Lin asked with a wink. "Oh! What?! Me?!" he fainted, but quickly got to his feet, stressed and in disbelief at what he heard, unable to stand still.

"Calm down, it was a joke." Lin laughed as she recognized his restlessness, "Don't you know pick-up lines?" she asked. "Pickup lines? Pickup of what?" he asked. "You don't know? A conversation starter. But In a funny way, to make the conversation easier." Lin replied. "Oh... so you don't want to get to know me?" he asked gloomy.

"No. no!" Lin called out apprehensively with a wave of her hands, "It was a joke, but I do want to get to know you. When I think about it suddenly, I don't know anything about you except your name." she realized for a moment. "Right... " he also understood it for a moment, "What can I say about myself?" He hesitated inside.

"More than I can tell about myself, I know what I can't. What do I say?" he struggled with his thought.

"My full name is Loy Sofen. I'm 16 years and a few months old I think... um... I have two parents... and one sister. Mira... I live in Gillua... I already told you that... um... what else…” he thought out loud. "You're talking to me like you're filling out a form" she giggled. "Let's go. We'll get to know each other in the process. If my new home is going to be in Gillua, maybe we should start there, right?" she asked happily. "Sure! " he replied jumping from joy.

"Why did you move to Gillua? It's quite the place. We barely get any new families here." Loy asked Lin curiously. "This apartment is an apartment that an official in Saraf City arranged for me after what happened... he worked at-" she paused as she took a deep breath. Loy noticed the seriousness of her tone. "At my mother's office…" she whispered with a distrait look. But, her sentence was quickly cut off by the sound of the opening bus doors. They stepped inside the empty bus.

0