Chapter 015: Special Treatment
162 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bright morning light shines, and the warmth rises.

Longinus ate his noodles without urgency, while the noodle bowl in front of Bone had long been empty, and the stool seemed to be full of thorns, making him writhe around anxiously, with his eyes cast from time to time to the distant military camp.

Longinus said with amusement, "There is no need to hurry, it is still early."

Bone scratched his head with his hands at ease and laughed awkwardly, "No...... not, I...... I'm a little nervous."

Longinus shook his head. With his understanding in the past two days, the new recruits enlisted in the G-2 branch this time, Bone's strength can be ranked among the top ten.

Although this round of world military draft will not do any ranking and so on, Bone is such a quality source of soldiers, and it is only when a Marine's brain is kicked by a donkey that they would reject him.

"Well, I'm done eating, so prepare to go." Longinus said in an orderly manner as he gracefully finished his last bite.

"Ha ...... hahaha!" Bone giggled twice, and his ugly face became uglier and more hideous, scaring many customers who trembled in the store.

Seeing Longinus and Bone coming towards him, the boss who was making the noodles almost trembled in fear. Although today's customers were scared away because of that big ugly man, he did not have the slightest bit of resentment in his mind because fear had completely taken over his mind.

"Big brother......, this is this morning's turnover, if more, I can only go home to get......" said the boss, who looks forty years old, almost kneeling down to the "fierce" Bone, busy taking out the total amount of money in the drawer.

Longinus was speechless. That noble face of Bone does have a great deterrent effect, as usual!

"Boss, don't get the wrong idea, we......"

"Eh, wait, aren't you the...... hero who saved the little girl?" Turning his eyes to Longinus, the boss finally exclaimed as if waking up from a dream, "I remember, then this...... is another hero at that time?"

Obviously, it was Bone who first came forward at the time, but he now has to rely on Longinus to be recognized.

On the one hand, it was Longinus' sharp words at the more impressive time, while Bone's kind of silent resistance didn't match what one would expect from a hero.

On the other hand, Bone's vicious and scary face gives the first impression of a villain full of evil, while Longinus' clean, fresh and sunny face is more in line with people's definition of a hero.

However, Bone did not complain about this but was grateful to Longinus. Thanks to Longinus' ability to use his face as well, he was recognized for the first time, even afterward. He could not help but say with great emotion: "Mmmmmm! It's me. It's me. I'm not a bad guy!"

"Look at that, a hero praised by the Rear Admiral, how could he be a bad guy!" The boss waved his hand without any semblance of shame and said, "However, I can't accept this money even more, if I even accept money from heroes like you, my conscience will not agree."

..............……

 

After much talk, the two were finally left behind and escaped from the fare. On the way to the barracks, Bone is foolishly smiling a little spooky, scaring the surrounding pedestrians who fled in all directions.

It only was when they arrived that both of them found out.

The warm sun was not long cast, the barracks had been lined up in five long lines, and the number of people was even increasing at a rate visible to the naked eye. The two quickly seize the opportunity to line up in the middle of the line.

Almost instantly, the people who are ready to line up in this line will be less than half, even those who see the small number of people who want to take advantage of it, but they are also far away from Bone as if the line is separated from Bone with a large gap.

This instant effect made Longinus wonder if Bone had eaten the Minikui Minikui no Mi (Ugly-Ugly Fruit) or the Akushū Akushū no Mi (Stink-Stink Fruit).

The recruitment process is very simple. You just need to test whether the body has defects and can meet physical fitness requirements. After all, most of the marines are fighting with guns, and the most basic ability to run long distances with weight is required.

However, in this simple test, there are still many people who cannot meet the standard because, in this chaotic and destructive One Piece world, many civilians at the bottom do not even have enough to eat and are in a state of chronic undernourishment, so it is naturally impossible to reach the standard of 'normal' adults.

Because of the simple process, which took little time, it was soon the turn of Longinus to stand at the front.

The recruiter repeatedly said without raising his head: "Name, age, and origin, then take the registration form and go to the rear square to test your physical ability."

"Longinus, 12 years old, Fallen Leaf Town on the Grand Line." Longinus is not surprised. It's hard to maintain passion for a monotonous and tedious job like this one in the first place.

"Take this one......"

The left hand of the recruiter handing the registration form stiffened in mid-air, then looked up sharply and asked, "Are you Longinus? The Longinus who defeated the Giant Rhino Alex?"

"...... It's me!"

"It's really you, great. Captain Adkin told us early on to wait for you. Now come with me." The recruiter was overjoyed and pulled Longinus to the back of the room, which made the other recruits who signed up for the draft stare in shock because the difference in treatment was too great!

Some new recruits who did not know what to expect were already in an uproar. Could it be that the Marine, which symbolizes absolute justice in their minds, could not help but bow down to those influential people and those big shots?

"Quiet, quiet!" A Marine captain dressed in a coat of justice stepped forward and shouted to stop it.

After the roaring square quieted down a bit, the Marine captain continued: "Put away your boring ideas, if you want to be treated with respect like Longinus, try to improve your strength and kill pirates, the Marine is still a place of merit and strength in the end."

In fact, most of the people who are causing a stir are the newcomers who just arrived during the past two days. As long as they know about the incident that happened two days ago, most of them are more admired than jealous of the treatment that Longinus has gotten.

After all, people with a little bit of common sense can know those kinds of monsters are not in the same world in the first place.

However, there are also people with a shady minds, forcing their hearts to hold down their disgust and walking up to Bone to 'fight for him': "Hey, big guy, don't you feel resentful? Obviously, you were the first to come forward, but now everyone only knows there is that brat, and not...... ah! What do you want to do to me, you ugly bastard?"

The guy who wanted to provoke the two men's friendship was grabbed by an angry Bone, lifted into the air, and warned, "It doesn't matter what you say about me, but watch your mouth as much as you can about my brother Longinus!"

Although Bone looks naive, but he is the kind of people who are excluded. In fact, there has always been a bar in his mind, as the guy who said for his good, but there is no hiding disgust in his eyes. Bone naturally does not have any good feelings.

"I...... I know, quickly put me down, help...... help ah!" The strength of this person who picked the trouble is not bad, but compared to all the new recruits who can rank among them, Bone is still too far behind. After being pinched in mid-air without resistance, even the fishy yellow liquid is constantly dripping.

Originally the marines, who were still frowning a bit after hearing Bone's angry rebuke and seeing the wretched performance of the provocateur, were also silent and did not interfere. As true soldiers, they only admired Longinus' actions and naturally sided with Bone on this side.

"Get lost!" Bone also knew what this place was, restrained his anger inside, swung the scared, pissed guy round, and threw him flying hundreds of meters away.

Ahhh!

After hearing the wretched and frightened scream, the whole Marine frowned wildly. Only this guy who dared to take advantage with his head still had such strength?

4